PDA

View Full Version : Wish I had hips

alluts
03-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Not having curvy hips sucks. I can deal with having to wear breast forms but not having big hips makes for a hard time dressing. I find all these great skirts and dresses but when I try them on it just looks strait up and down. When will they invent a good hip form?

Kristina
03-14-2011, 12:34 AM
i know exactly how you feel :( i wish i had hips too!!!

Phoebe P.
03-14-2011, 12:44 AM
I like being skinny and seeing dresses hang a bit. I'm not "Hollywood Skinny", but I'm trying to hold onto weight at 6'4" #175+. I'm a skinny gurl and have no problem with it!

Be happy with what God gave ya'!!!

Christy_M
03-14-2011, 02:01 AM
If you don't mind padding, Classic Curves and Femskin both make hips...femskin is spendy but classic curves was about a fourth the price (veronica 2)

Ann-Marie
03-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Yes Classic Curves veronica will give you some hips, a pair of padded panties can also help

Sally24
03-14-2011, 05:02 AM
I know what you mean! I love the comfort of going without padding. You can really enjoy the movement of the dress or skirt. These days I go out half the time with hip padding and half the time without. It really is lovely to look in the mirror and see the curve of the hip just as the skirt drapes down. I would suggest you make your own hip pads. If you play around with different ones you can make some small ones that are unobtrusive but give you enough of a hint of hips.

erickka
03-14-2011, 05:32 AM
There are a lot of threads on this forum that discuss making your own padding to fit your body type. I have made my own for years and am relatively satisfied with the results, and above all, the price is right.

Alice B
03-14-2011, 05:47 AM
I also know the feeling and wish I had a butt to go with hips.

linda allen
03-14-2011, 07:25 AM
You're not going to look like a female unless you have:
Boobs
Hips + Butt
Hair (on your head)
Smooth, non hairy skin.

Tina B.
03-14-2011, 10:41 AM
I've worn a four pad pantie for years, it works for most of my things, but not all. I recently found a web site called Bubbles, that sell body shapers and they have the biggest selection of styles I've found anywhere, and they are using silicone pads, they claim there more natural of course, but I just found the site, and have not ordered from them yet, so I can't recommend them. But hip, and butt padded underwear comes in a wide range of prices, so most can find something that will help. I have in the past used Polyester fill from the fabric shop, stuffed in an old nylon, after a few trys I got a fairly real look, and that was less than 10 bucks as I recall.
Tina B.

RenneB
03-14-2011, 10:47 AM
I've just ordered a set of silicone hips. 'should be in the mail in the next day or so. Soon I should be able to bring the waist in with a cincher and the hips out with some pads. That should complete the look I need for now. I decieded to go for just the pads as I'm not ready for the femskin or veronica just yet. Those may be my second option, but I opted just for the pads for now. If it works great...

Renne...

Cheryl T
03-14-2011, 11:10 AM
My vote is for the Veronica 2.
I got mine about 6 years ago and love it.

Paulette
03-14-2011, 03:20 PM
I agree that there are times when I like to go without padding but when you really need hips my Veronica 2, get the job done. I have jeans in two different sizes one size for pads and another for natural. I recently bought a pair of Capris and without pads they just looked like guy shorts with rhinestones on the butt, add my veronica and I was rocking the look.

StaceyJane
03-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I was trying on clothes today and thinking that I really needed nice female hips and bottom.

Debglam
03-14-2011, 03:29 PM
I would suggest you make your own hip pads. If you play around with different ones you can make some small ones that are unobtrusive but give you enough of a hint of hips.

There are a lot of threads on this forum that discuss making your own padding to fit your body type. I have made my own for years and am relatively satisfied with the results, and above all, the price is right.

I just made a pair and they work pretty well. I already had the 1" foam so it was a freebie. Give it a try and then see if you want to buy the fancy ones.

Its amazing how you don't realize what you have missed until you have it! I kept brushing against the door frame! :heehee:

Hips Don't Lie :battingeyelashes:

Debby

gretchen2
03-14-2011, 03:40 PM
I wish that I had hips too but I hate false presentation, I'll just let people see me for who I am. Except for that damn wig which with any luck will not be needed in a couple of years.

tammy tee
03-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Take the time to really sit and observe the many sizes and shapes GG's come in. If you can let go of the media/society model of the "perfect" girl I think you will discover it's more about attitude and working what you got! This past Saturday night I was at a wedding and watched a group of very attractive women dance together. They were all different sizes and shapes but they each had their own great style. If you forced me to pick one look from the group, I could not.

SometimesDiana
03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
I usually don't wear hip pads because I like to feel more natural. However, a few of my outfits require them. I've made a few foam sets and they look great. Here's a great tutorial on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ks3D_Lo-U

I just started working on some silicone pads, similar to the femskin products. I'm making a quick fiberglass mold and pouring a two-part silicone rubber product called Dragon Skin. It feels like real flesh and I can tint it to better match my skin tone. I'll be able to attach the finished pads with spray adhesive and they will vanish beneath my tights. I'll post some pictures when they are done.

kymberlyjean
03-15-2011, 11:16 AM
I've made some hip and butt pads exactly like the ones in the Youtube video posted above. It instantly creates a femm silhouette and all my clothes fit or "hang" much better. I can post some before and after pics if you're interested, but the video is a good tutorial on how.

trina
03-15-2011, 07:01 PM
you can all take some of mine!

docrobbysherry
03-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Unhappy with my old ones, I made some new ones for the SCC last year. I'm thrilled with the results! :D
What u see here is ENTIRELY created by foam hips and Flexees girdles! I have NO hips or thighs what so ever! :eek:

I'm planning on making a new set that will include butt pads. Hopefully, this weekend. I promise to post a complete picture thread on how to do it. Without all the bla bla bla of the Utube video and EASIER, I think!:)

PS: Nothing against Veronicas, but they r a complete body shaper, not just hips, from what I've seen. And, I HAVE a Femskin padded girdle. It DOES give u an instant female shape from above your knees to just under your bust. It also can be worn UNCOVERED! If u want to show a bare midriff or bare almost to your knees! (Think swim suits!) U will need to hide the edges of it where it ends near your knees, tho!

alluts
03-16-2011, 11:32 AM
yea I saw something on youtube about making your own from foam padding...will have to give it a try!

JamieTG
03-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Take a look at this website. Its at http://www.siliconebody.com/order I haven't ordered anything yet but the prices look reasonable.

JaytoJillian
03-17-2011, 03:48 AM
Seems odd that there was no mention of execise here. If you are willing to work at it, you can make some gains at the gym. For me it's all lower body all the time. I'm quite happy with my butt and thighs. Hips are slower going because there's not a lot of muscle to pump up, but there IS some you can work with. In this pic I am sans pads---no place to really put them anyway, LoL.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5177/5533829219_d23575374f.jpg

Simply_Vanessa
03-17-2011, 04:48 AM
I was the one who sent you the hip routine a long time ago :P I'm glad to see its done so well for you!

alluts
03-18-2011, 12:00 PM
would love to see the before and after pics!

Sarah Doepner
03-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Since we are on the Crossdressers.com site, a visit to the on-line store may solve your problem for the time being. Take a look at http://shop.crossdressers.com/padded-panty.html and see if that may work for you while supporting the site.

BLUE ORCHID
03-18-2011, 09:05 PM
I made my own hip pads, Cut a 1"thick piece of foam4"X8" oval and tapper the
edges cut the feet off a pair of panty hose just above the ankels stuff the pads into the feet and tuck the top inside.
Works great.

Orchid

Janet Bern
03-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Veronica 2 is the answer. I wear Veronica 2 with dresses and skirts all the time.
No hips Janet

Tasha McIntyre
03-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Google glamour boutique, and look for the sweet cheeks padded panty. This little beauty did wonders for my hip/butt shape.

Kaz
03-19-2011, 07:18 PM
I also have narrow hips and yes it is a pain. I haven't gone the padded route yet (money!), but it comes round to the age old question... I see loads of GGs with narrow hips and bigger shoulders and NO they are not CDs, they are the way they they are, which is diverse. Just like GMs.

And just like GGs who want to appear more "perfect", are we not in this place? We want to dress and appear feminine but only if we can look like "X"?

I think the real challenge is to make what we have look feminine... this at least creates a level-ish playing field...?

Dresses I am a UK size 16. Jeans (sorry Karren) and some skirts, I am 8/10. Yeah I need bigger hips! But only because of the fashion/clothing industry and their approach...

Loads of GGs also have these problems..

Julogden
03-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Before going the padding route, you might want to try a corset. It may not be that your hips are the problem, with us it's often that our waistline is almost the same as our hips, change either one and you'll look more female.

Personally, I hate padding, tried it long ago, it's too warm in any but the coldest weather and feels totally fake to me.

If you can create a waist that's significantly smaller than your hips, you may be pleasantly surprised at how curvy you'll look.

Carol

Makayla
03-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Yes a nice set of hips would be great but im still pritty happy with mine just gotta dress to suit

Dena
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Anyone try the padded girdle from the breastform store?

kymberlyjean
04-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Sorry its been so long, I've been very busy.
Here are some before and after in some capris.

Kim

NathalieX66
04-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I like my Veronica 2 from Classic Curves.

It's weird, though. I look scrawny & thin as a guy, but once I put on the V2 & breast forms, I look like I should be a member of the US women's olympic hockey team.
Rule of thumb: It's easy to add more in the right places than subtract.

kymberlyjean
04-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Here is the same padding in a swimsuit. Just to be clear, I would never wear padding under a swimsuit like that, this is just for the demonstration and to pass forum guidelines. It does look a little exaggerated here, but skirts and dresses do hang much better. Also, I didn't notice until after I was all done, but they are a tad bit low in these pictures. A full length mirror and lots of experimentation are a must.

Kim

Billie Jean
04-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Try the Carol Wright web site. The had some padded panties for sale cheap. Billie Jean

vaga505
04-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Is there anything that could be done for wide shoulders? (I have Tracter trailer houlers for shoulders) They are nice to get things done, but I am still trying to find its elagence.

linda allen
04-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Is there anything that could be done for wide shoulders? (I have Tracter trailer houlers for shoulders) They are nice to get things done, but I am still trying to find its elagence.

You can't make them smaller if that's what you're asking.

I would say the key is padding the hips and butt (and breasts) so you look like a large framed woman. You can get a lot of information from women's sizing charts on the Internet, but generally, a woman's hip measurement will be slightly larger than her bust measurement and larger than her shoulder measurement.

Since you can't make your shoulders smaller, you have to make the rest bigger.

flic
04-05-2011, 09:09 AM
So i'm totally straight up and down, a perfect rectangle. It's worth mentioning that i'm pretty slim and so i have nothing to work with so if i want hips then padding really is the only route for me. However, i sometimes really hate wearing the pads, it's not just that they're hot and get uncomfortable after a while and i constantly worry they might have slipped and i'll look all wonky and askew, but more that i wish i didn't need them. On days when i feel i can't bear to wear, then i'll use smoke, mirrors and clothing choices to give the illusion of shape. Big silhouette on the bottom and a tight top works well, it's not much but it gets me through to the days where i feel i can put up with the pads. I should also say, i wish i could get a veronica because they do look amazing from what i've seen,,,,however the pads i use at the minute are home made and cost about 5 of your english pounds, which i guess is about $7 ish. The most important thing about the hip pads for me though, is that i feel a lot more feminine in them than out, and it gives me the option to just throw on a top and skinny jeans if i fancy, and then go about my business!
x Flic x

Michelle.M
04-05-2011, 09:59 AM
I was the one who sent you the hip routine a long time ago :P I'm glad to see its done so well for you!

My significant weight loss has now given me a skinny butt, so I for one would love to know that hip routine. Please share!

alluts
04-12-2011, 01:36 PM
So...After all your excellent suggestions I ordered a set of silicone hip and butt pads. I already have a pad holding(pads sucked) shorts kinda panty. I also ordered some liquid latex to coat the whole thing if it looks like it will work. Thankx all for the suggestions, will share the results!

msniki48
04-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Not having curvy hips sucks. I can deal with having to wear breast forms but not having big hips makes for a hard time dressing. I find all these great skirts and dresses but when I try them on it just looks strait up and down. When will they invent a good hip form?

You can have good hips for about 25 to 30.00 get the 4 pad type though.

skirtsuit
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm pretty much rectangular myself.

I have found that cut and fabric of clothing can make a huge difference. One of the reasons I'm a big fan of suits and dresses is getting the illusion of hips. I wear breastforms and butt pads with suits with short waist length jackets and flaired skirts or fitted sheaths that fit nice and snug on top but have seaming and shape to look like I've got hips. Fabric makes a big difference. A fittted lined taylored dress in linen, cotton or stiffer silk might look better than a knit (hate knits!) sweater dress that is curve hugging and reaveling instead of curve covering.

Traci
04-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I also use the Veronica from Classic Curves. I spent a lot of money on cheaper padded pantys and trying to make my own. I finally broke down and bought the Veronica in 2004...and just had to replace the pads last year (2010) so I would say I got my moneys worth. The clothes simply fit better because women have curves/hips. I never would have dreamt I would say this but if I am going out and I had to choose between the breast forms and the Veronica...I would choose the Veronica now...(that coming from a breast man when dressed in drab)

Julogden
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Instead of padding your hips, which is going to be uncomfortably warm in warmer weather and feel fake, maybe try creating more of a waistline with a good corset.

Carol

alluts
04-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Well I ordered and received my hip and butt pads, they are a little skimpy but with the padding that came with the shorts they look great. I tried a test run with them in a blue tight fitting dress and the results were spectacular! I'm going to try to coat the whole thing in liquid latex and make a femskin like garment. I sure it will be tedious but I hope it will turn out well. If it does I'll submit some photos of before and after!

docrobbysherry
04-17-2011, 01:00 AM
I posted a complete, "How to make your own hip/butt pads", pictorial thread. About a month ago? You can find it in the, "Clothing and accessories", archives! It's #9406.
I have no idea how to post URLS! Sorry!

My natural figure.:sad:

My figure with my home made hips!:D

claireblur
04-17-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm lukcy I have hips from my mother which is really nice as when I dress up it gives me a femamine look. :). Downside is its a pain outside the dressing world! though I'm lucky enough to be a nice size 12 :)