PDA

View Full Version : About Shaving?

CindyT
04-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Do you all shave your entire body! I shaved my legs today so I can get ready for Tanning booth - that is my excuse for the wife, I tell her (and it's true) that thick hair "Shades out" the tanning booth rays that we are paying for. After shaving, I put on lotion to keep from getting ingrown hairs. I am leaving a little "landing strip" in center. Need to do my chest in a day or so. I haven't shaved for over a year so it was quite thick! A triple edge razor works well.....

How about you "Girls" ??
Cindy

GinaB.
04-13-2004, 12:20 PM
I stay closely trimmed using hair trimmers all year round. I get my back waxed every 2-3 months to keep growth to a minimum. So when I shave ints not a big thing. I trim once a week so its like shaving almost. I tell my girlfriend thats the way I like it and she doesn't mind. When I do shave it completely I just say the same thing I am tanning.

Gina

JoUK
04-13-2004, 02:45 PM
I shaved once so i could take a good picture with my webcam but it was so itchy! Next time i am going to use that Veet hair removal mousse.

Vix
04-13-2004, 04:55 PM
I haven't shaved yet but would obviusly love to. I am going to have to shave my legs at some point to see if they really are as sexy as I think they'll be. Problem is coming up with an excuse like the tanning one but don't think it'll work for me. Any other good ones would be most beneficial.

ViX

Wenda
04-18-2005, 12:30 AM
When I first shaved my legs, the clerk at the adult store noticed the red shaving bumps on my legs and told me to use shaving cream. I bought Aveeno and love it. If you shower, step in, wet your body and cover what you are going to shave with a light layer of cream. Use a 3-blade shaver quickly and softly. Use a hair-growth minimizing cream on the areas you have shaved, after the shower/bath. Shave parts of your body every two or three days, not every day, so do it in rotation.
I have started waxing my chest ( I just can't visualize prickly boobs!), with reasonable results. I have found that successful waxing (about a 1 in 3 probability!) keeps hair more subdued, and the chest hairs that do persist seem to be easy to pull. I shave my bum and my privates. Not prepared to get adventurous with them... good luck, wenda.

sarah
04-18-2005, 12:42 AM
I keep my entire body free of hair .lucky i started this at a very early age so i have never had much hair to worry about ,,my first excuse for shaving my legs was i was riding a bicycle and all cyclists shave their legs ,,then one day i told someone i had a thing about body hair and couldnt stand any hair on my body ,they said i was obsesive so now i just agree ..gets me out of sticky situations when i am wearing a t shirt and lift my arm up to show smooth arm pitsxxx

MarieTS
04-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Cindy-- I've used pretty much every method for hair removal: Shaving, epi-coil hair removers, wax strips. I've found delapitory cremes work best for me; especially for total body hair removal. It's really not that messy, and you can do your entire body comparatively faster and with less discomfort than with the other methods. Regrowth is slower and definitely not as stubbly as shaving regrowth. Lastly, at just 3-4 dollars per application Nair is a real bargain. Oh, I also suggest you use Jergen's hair regrowth retardant as a moisturizer. It, too is a bargain.
Now Cindy-- enjoy that silky smooth bod of yours! ;)

timme
04-18-2005, 01:32 AM
Hi Cindy T,
As much as I hate to shave I do shave my legs chest,arm pits buzz off hair on my arm,& hands,& CHEST.I find it leave a rash if I don't use lots of shaving cream since I do it with a razor blade.I usually put a moisture cream on the areas after shaving.Ohterwise I break out in a itchy rash.I find as I get older before putting make-up on I have to shave my face closely 2-3 times to get it smooth enough so my make-up will look good.I still have to put on a lot of foundation in order to hide the lip,& breard shadow because I have dark brown hair.I can get it to look good but it takes time.If I want look and appear as my female counterparts then the shaving is a must.(I HATE HAIRY LEGS)
HUGS
TIMME

Danielle1960
04-18-2005, 06:50 AM
I'm taking notes on this thread. Thanks for the good info.
Danielle :)

CindyT
04-19-2005, 03:20 AM
Hey Thanks for all the tips everyone! I did shave my entire body, went "against the grain" on my chest but "with the grain" on my legs and it worked out pretty well! Only place the infamous red dots got me is around my waist band, but it's getting better now. :)

CindyT

JoHagen
04-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Pretty much everything except the hair on my head *giggle* *blush*

To bad my beard grows in so fast :(

Jo :rolleyes:

stephanie1000
04-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Shaved my cheast for the first time tonight and oh baby it's nice. Of course moisturized after. Also find that if i put a mild soap on with a sponge leave the soap on the area your shaving and then put on shaving cream and shave that i get a closer shave and don't have to shave for an extra day or so. Unfortunately that doesn't work well with Beard and mustache growth. :)

MaxineF
04-30-2005, 10:47 PM
On the topic of shaving, do be carefull with the hair removal creams. A good friend of mine decided to use it on his sensitive areas and was left very red, sore and still hairy! :eek:

I think that Niar do a special version for sensitive skin?

Maxine

AbbyLee
04-30-2005, 10:50 PM
I don't know why but I have never had much body hair, none on my legs. I was able once to grow a mustache, but that is about all. Hairless legs are a blessing. Nobody seems to notice my hairless legs. My wife though complains of the discomfort when she shaves hers.

Hugs,

Jean1

jenny c
05-02-2005, 08:23 AM
I Keep my body fully smooth can be a bit of a chore at times but it feels great, i am lucky to have a supportive partner so i do not have to make excuses of why i have shaved my hair off. I think it is important to have a good shaving regime that includes exfoiliating first this reduces redness or shaving bumps after you have removed the hair. i have used hair minimising creams with some success they tend to make the hair finer and a does reduce the growth rate a good one is surgistop. on my legs i sometimes you a Babyliss simply smooth buffer with great results makes them ultra smooth.

Andrea Witt
05-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Just started shaving, used 'nair glide on' this worked great on my legs underarms and bum (but not on chest going to try wax strips). It makes me feel so sexy and feminine when i look at myself in the mirror, even the shaving its self adds to the experience, wish i'd done it years ago.

Laura Jane
05-02-2005, 01:24 PM
For shaving beard growth I've just discovered the Shaving Oils, which you rub on your beard/Stubble and leave it for 30 or so seconds before shaving. It stings but help you get a really close shave (as it softens your whiskers) and leaves no shaving rash.

The product I use is Somersets shaving oil, but there a many similar products.

Rossie
05-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Do you all shave your entire body! I shaved my legs today so I can get ready for Tanning booth - that is my excuse for the wife, I tell her (and it's true) that thick hair "Shades out" the tanning booth rays that we are paying for. After shaving, I put on lotion to keep from getting ingrown hairs. I am leaving a little "landing strip" in center. Need to do my chest in a day or so. I haven't shaved for over a year so it was quite thick! A triple edge razor works well.....

How about you "Girls" ??
Cindy

It's a beautifull thing. :p

JocelynG
05-02-2005, 10:24 PM
I shave my chest and legs whenever they start to get prickly. Before I shaved chest for the first time or after letting it grow out for a long peroid of time I will cut the hair short with a pair of scissors so the shaving will be easier. After than I will take an electric razor. I have a Panasonic wet/dry shaver and shave it down even further.Lastly I will take a ladies razor,I use a Gillette Venus to get that extra smooth shave. I then use shave minimizing lotion to prevent rashes breaking out.I love having a silky smooth body.