PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for Shoes

Stelli
04-21-2004, 01:09 AM
I do not know about you but to me finding shoes is the most tricky thing. I wear size 11 (M) any ideas where to find good yet affordable shoes that look decent. Something casual and something dressy?

( When it comes to dressing F everything boils down to shoes :) )

Daisy Lace
04-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi Stelli!
I get alot from:Leigh's Garage Sale on E-Bay,I use E-Bay Canada(Ca)I take 10-11 in CD,TV focused shoes by "Jante",male size 9 1/2,DEPENDS on STYLE,MAKE of SHOE! I found 11's too big,10's I'm trying now,one is sandal,open toe will probably fit!Leighs,from Nevada I think,has good prices and reasonable shipping always combine to save! :)

Stelli
04-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Daisy you are on west coast, does it make difference?

Large sizes are hard to find, smaller sizes can be worn depending to style - I agree.

I do not know if you have understand me correctly I wear size 11 MALE. In many cases I find it tricky to find suitable male shoes for me. Not to mention female....

Now I have learned that 11 M corresponds to size 12-13F. 12F size can be fouind around. Open toe can even be somewhat smaller depending on style it may fit. I reckon I need to go out a try a bit until I understand what local sizes I should look for. So far I wore Eurpoean sizes so I am somewhat confused with N.A. sizes.

Will look to the brands you suggested. And will come back.

SHOES!!!!, what a girlish subject A!?

Can you give me address of these sites, Cant find that from Nevada.

Daisy Lace
04-22-2004, 12:43 AM
Hi Stelli! :D
Sorry I am still learning too,tried to help,might be Leigh's Bargain Basement,is Larry L.went extra mile for me,you are right about different sizes,GB/Europe,even US/Canada,Leigh just said forget 1-2 sizes higher rule,depends on shoe type,style,clog style can be closer to your "true"size,maybe 12 in your case,Jante is made for TV's,CD's transgendered community so is close to real size,my example is in more pointy style shoe MAYBE 2 sizes higher,not in my case!Size 11 in slelleto style 5" heel was too big,they were Mary Janes so made another hole in strap,Leigh(Larry)may help you too,helped me,Lots of Luck(is tricky)Love Daisy :)

Stelli
04-22-2004, 12:55 AM
It's fine, do not worry, no rush! Desire, but pleasure one!

Jahte is on Jante Shoes (http://www.jante.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1) Plenty of choice, it is just that many are not the style I would like to wear. Mary Janes :) oh oh I'd love to have some of them.... :)

Stelli
04-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Hey Daisy,

I got them !!!! :) About 4 pairs. Feels really good. Since I did not know my size I went to get couple of different ones with intention to return if I do not find them fit or confortmable enough. And guess what? all of them fit - all four pairs :) I have been observing and choosing them for a while, I did not try there as shop was full, I was looking at them eye measuring as if I know what is my size and guess what - it seems that I exactly guessed for each pair what is my size. Got one sandals, one mary jane, one kind of clogs with high heel and finally slippers replacement (my old loved ones I got with me from abroad broke apart).

I got one quite recent fashionable mary janes (been browsing for some variant) - "hush puppies" have nice ones. Got 12W and they are even slightly bigger I wanted them to be conformtable as I may wear them for prolonged periods, what is important to me is that I am still in the Women sizes and that generally not in largest size... and that feels good!

11W fit me somewhat close but still OK I think when I wear them for a while they will adjust to my feet. Snadals definitvely one size smaller therefore 11, since they are open toe.

Where? You won't believe me: PaylessShoeSource! There are plenty of shops in my area and they carry till 12W, it is not much of choice when it comes to large sizes but there is still some choice of style and they are affordable. Of course as soon as you drop below 10 there are shoes and shoes to choose.

But I am happy! Now I am OK for a while at least for shoes this is minimal set.

jill lacey
04-24-2004, 05:23 AM
Hi girls, I have found Payless have nice shoes from time to time. They also have larger sizes online vs instore. I wear a size 12 in pumps and boots, but 10/11 in open sandals. This shoe thingy is not easy for a lady!!! lol Most of my shoes come from Fredericks of hollywood. Yes , I bought a new pair of pink strappy shoes from Walmart last night. Talk about sexy!!!!!!! Size 10, a litle tight, but great around the house.
Huggs, Jill

Summer
04-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Stelli
Try Shoe Express on line at:http://www.shoexpress.com/ Talk to Ann, She is great help and you won't be disapointed. Classy shoes, pay a little more but what a difference when you find a good shoe that fits well.
Don't try for the ultra high heels the 3inch Raven is a great shoe for the money. I have several pairs of shoe from them. Good luck shopping.
Summer

ERINNICOLE
04-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Roamanns Clothing--- Payless Shoes--- Reeboks Outlets-- Fredericks--- Walmart-- All Occasionally Have Our Size Shoes

sammyd
05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
i hope im not resurrecting an old thread but i'm also a size 11 male shoe... i've found kohls often has large size female shoes on clearance as low as $10 or sometimes even $3

Stelli
05-04-2004, 02:03 PM
For girls shoes are never old thread :)