PDA

View Full Version : Clips from Asian Crossdressing Game Show

Aileen
01-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Take a look. If you click on the link below these photos, you should see clips of the big reveal on this crossdressing game show. Asians make great female impersonators.

http://legap.sakura.ne.jp/index.htm

TeriAnn
01-04-2006, 11:22 PM
I clicked on the link and was amazed at how good looking the young ladies are which we had a game shoe lik it in the states.;)

jo_ann
01-05-2006, 12:13 AM
ahhh!! I saw a video of this and I was like "no... that's not a guy. he not only looks femme, but he even sounds like a girl (in japanese)", but I guess it is real:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7159584726269979251&q=crossdress

Sherlyn
01-05-2006, 12:17 AM
..Ya!!!! but don't u think its poking fun at crossdressing ....entertainment value .....is that what we are ?

jo_ann
01-05-2006, 12:32 AM
no, i think it's more like maury povich crossdress makeovers than anything else. not really poking, but more like "hey, look at this.. we can take any guy and make them look passable as a woman".

Aileen
01-05-2006, 12:45 AM
..Ya!!!! but don't u think its poking fun at crossdressing ....entertainment value .....is that what we are ?

Maybe not all we are, but men in drag are usually funny. Tootsie, Some Like It Hot, etc. In fact, getting laughs in a dress is one of my favorite parts of Halloween. I love being funny.

Sherlyn
01-05-2006, 12:52 AM
...I guess it just a case of.. too each her own ..in this example men in drag !!

Ava Mouse
01-05-2006, 02:01 AM
The basic idea was that girlfriends dressed up their boyfriends. Each couple auditioned for the show and got cash based on how many points they got.

The woman holding the sign is the girlfriend... They tell their weight, height, age, etc. Some are High School age.

Some claim to be 1st time crossdressers. ;)

Others are 'famous' Japanese crossdressers, with web pages...

The one linked by jo_ann was the best of the batch, AND is a well known Japanese comedian.

The voters are simply amazed at each, not really poking fun, though entertaining!

This is the same show that did "Mr. Visual" years ago, dressing up famous personalities.

I think the host is a creep, though, he touches the chests of several 'girls', not a gentlemanly thing to do, even if it's really a guy.

ReginaK
01-05-2006, 02:06 AM
The amazing thing is they all look very good. I agree with Alan. Asian men do make very good women.

Jill
01-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Definitely an intruiging "game show." In fact, I think it's a great idea. But it's a lot easier to do with Asian men. If you did that in the U.S. it wouldn't be nearly as good, I think men here have a lot more manly features.

terza
01-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Jill,

i find your comment rather rude stereotyping of asian men --
i'm not flattered even as a crossdresser.
asians emasculation by the western point of view is shamefull
in the past as it is now. please remember masculinity and femininity
(features) are ever present in all races.

Helana
01-06-2006, 01:06 AM
As a Westerner living in Asia I would just like to point out that although Westerners think Asian men look feminine, that is only because we are comparing their features to Caucasian features. If you are Asian then the differences between the sexes are more obvious to the eye.

Put another way if Asians were watching a Western version, Asians would think our feminized men looked stunningly attractive even if we did not.

The more interesting point to this show is that fact that it exists. Many Asian countries have a relaxed attitude to crossdressing and crossdressed personalties appear regularly on TV. It many seem exploitative from our point of view, but in Asia this is just a regular show.

celeste26
01-06-2006, 01:20 AM
I seen much more exploitation in shows from Japan. Try MXC, it is a western over dub of a regular Japanese game show. It is not CD though.

Monica55cd
01-06-2006, 04:41 AM
the one clip that was number 96 i think.. wow very beautiful.....

christine55
01-06-2006, 02:04 PM
How many of the contestants will develop a taste for their feminine side and become one of us? I bet many will. You can get a pretty good idea of who already is a crossdresser. Some of them seem very at ease in their feminine roles, others are very uncomfortable.
Hugs, Christine

Daphne Renee
01-06-2006, 05:09 PM
interesting clip.. I think I got the general idea of it.. I would like to see it translated though. :)

Ava Mouse
01-06-2006, 09:03 PM
I wonder if we Western CD's would pass more or less in Asia?

I wonder if I would pass better or worse in Asia than here? Hmmm... Maybe I can find out one day...

I thought that most (~80%) of the Japanese CD's listed there were clearly men based on their facial features. So, I agree with Terza, we can offend people by making broad generalizations like that.

I imagine that they have just as hard of a time passing in their societies as we do in ours.

emmicd
01-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Asian crossdressing show

I was amazed how beautiful the contestants looked as they were rated.

It's amazing how beautiful asian crossdressers are!

They look just like women and most act and seem very feminine.

Are they all just crossdressers?

They must get their fashion and feminine ques from their beautiful asian girlfriends!

emmi

Nicole Lee
01-06-2006, 09:22 PM
It's all about finding the right person. I, without a doubt, believe that if you look hard enough -- you can just as easily transform a Caucasian male into a Caucasian female just through crossdressing, make-up, and wig (no genetics or anything). The producers of this show probably took the effort of finding the best possible people to be on the show .. and if they did that here in the U.S., I'm SURE they wouldn't have as much of a problem of it here as well. All this " Asians are more girly, U.S. guys are more manly " is just nonsense.

I'm in complete awe at that Japanese show. It's so ... amazing, how beautiful they've been transformed to. I saw a short cut from this show on TV once, and was simply surprised that some of the people they had were actually men. Amazing!

We need a show like that in the U.S. -- I just don't know if our society would accept it. :(

Helana
01-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I wonder if we Western CD's would pass more or less in Asia?

I wonder if I would pass better or worse in Asia than here? Hmmm... Maybe I can find out one day...

Yes you would, so long as there was no obvious signals like beard shadow etc. To Asian eyes Western women are tall, large and have big noses and chins etc. The are not tuned into the subtleties of caucasian features so you would be more passable.

Best place to go if you wanted a CD holiday in Asia is Thailand, their Buddist culture is non judgemental and accepts the concept that people can choose their gender. Thai transsexuals and crossdressers are found at most resorts.

emmicd
01-07-2006, 12:57 AM
I was amazed with viewing some of those video clips. My favorite was No. 96!!!!!!!

She was so convincing and absolutely beautiful!!!!

She received all 5's and deservedly so!!!!

I love the clips and am blown away with how beautiful the crossdressing girls are!

Especially No 96!!!!

emmi

terza
01-07-2006, 02:42 AM
helena, i really apreciate your insight and it may be true enough --
there isn't that many races around on earth, so i tend to think
there is a universal conception of masulinity and feminity.
my favorite chinese actor is leung chiu waih -- as i digress.

to me the lighting or in this case overexposure of it helped alot
hiding the masculine features.
i do think the ever "redefining" of chrisitanity makes it more hostile
toward transgerism -- as budhism, something i was raised on, is not so
critical of gender, yet some sect will make a big stink out of what
is not relevant -- organized religion is a bad thing, in my opinion.

Bridget
01-07-2006, 03:11 AM
As of late in Japan, alternative sexual and gender identities have become more acceptable, because there are a number of television shows which feature such people as regular personalities. For example, in Kinpachi sensei, one of the teacher's students was a girl dealing with transgender issues. It was handled very well, and very sensitively.

Personally though, as an APA CD, i could say that some of the contestants were better than other, lol. But that's just me.