PDA

View Full Version : CrossDressing in the Military

randi.dixon
01-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Hello Everyone this is my first post. im a new member. and a new crossdresser i guess i am a late starter. right now my wardrobe contains only some stockings panties, garters and a pair of heels. i guess im to scared to have more being in the military. i was just wondering if there are any other Service men out there.

DonnaT
01-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi Randi, welcome to the forum.

Yes, there are quite a few of us that were/are in the military. I was in from '73-'79.

Here's an interesting link for you. http://www.sldn.org/templates/get/record.html?section=19&record=726

AprilMae
01-25-2006, 09:47 AM
I was in the Army from '78-84. Didn't do too much dressing during those years.

Sharon
01-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Hi Randi, so glad to have you with us. Check out the link below for a recent thread concerning members and their military experiences.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20895&highlight=military

RenaCD
01-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Hi Randi Welcome! Please be careful and be happy you've found a great site.

Deidra Cowen
01-25-2006, 12:15 PM
We got 2 girls in the Atlanta area that are active duty Army that are transgendered. Both of them are absolute hotties and its just hard as heck to picture them as males in the military. But they pull it off. :thumbsup:

NylonMan
01-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi, I am in the Canadian military(Reserves). Have been in for 20 Years. I am even in a highland regiment and wear a kilt as part of my uniform.

No,I did not join because I got to wear a kilt.

simonep
01-25-2006, 09:59 PM
I spent 21 years in the Australian Army - late bloomer too. Occaisionally bought and wore panties whilst away on courses.

This is a good place to understand our view of life.

Simone

suanne
01-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Hello, 26 years in the U.S. Navy. Retired. 4 Active 22 Reserves.

Phyliss
01-26-2006, 04:47 AM
Twenty years active duty USN. Retired in Dec '82.

Panties occasionally on weekends during that time. If I had been "outed" the results would have been a disaster.

So glad I now have the freedom I served for.

Darlene Rochelle
01-26-2006, 05:57 AM
I was in the Navy from '78-'96,took an early retirement.I still get a pension monthly.

CammyT
01-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Aloha Randi,
Army Reserve, retired, 25yrs. SF. Funny I was just talking about the possibility of being recalled to duty with some people. They joked that all I had to do in order to avoid it would be to show up for the physical in women's underwear (not knowing I dress)! :eek: As an Officer that probably would get me "out". I say that because wearing female lingerie may not be enough. Sorry, the S1 side thinking here. not sure how the Regs. read, however I believe that unless you are actually homosexual, a lesbian or bisexual, it's a very grey area. As an Officer, it would be considered inappriate conduct. This is a "all emcompassing" Reg that is used to take care of behavior "out of the normal standards". This may or may not apply to Enlisted ranks and other Services. The standards for Officers and Enlisted are different.
Freedom isn't free and unfortunately those of us that defend this, have to sacrifice many of ours so others may have theirs.
Anyway Randi dear, are those heels regulation? :cheeky:

pattied
01-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Hi, I am in the Canadian military(Reserves). Have been in for 20 Years. I am even in a highland regiment and wear a kilt as part of my uniform.

Darn! you answered my question before I could ask! ;)

Aileen
01-26-2006, 12:38 PM

I've heard that in the Scottish army they must wear kilts with no underwear. This is known as "going regimental." During inspection, an officer examines them with what looks like an oversized dental mirror, a large round mirror on a long stick. This is stuck beneath their kilts to assure that they are in fact "going regimental."

Sherrie
01-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Welcome Randi, and good to see you here. I served in the USAF 79-84. Dressed only occassionaly while serving.

Felicity
01-27-2006, 04:59 AM
I'm not certain, but I don't think the military would take (or could take) any punitive actions against a crossdresser. Open gays are not accepted, but I never heard of actions against crossdressers in my decade plus military experience!

kris_dresser
01-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Over 20 years, but rarely dressed on military property. Did manage to pick up a few discarded items while cleaning the laundry room though! Usually dressed off base, and would love a full womens military uniform! )Skirt/blouse/heels...ummmmmmmm!)

ERIKA1963
01-27-2006, 06:42 PM
If you had read one of my posts, I wrote when I was stationed down in Fort Polk La I kept my stuff in the barracks then in my car and then hid it in a tree until someone found it and it disappeared, I would rent a room and get dressed up it was pretty nerve racking. ERIKA1963 :o

NylonMan
01-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Yes this is true. "Going regimental" Is also expected of you in Canada. It is not forced, but if you are caught wearing underwear,you are laughed at.

MelissaL
01-31-2006, 01:01 AM
Welcome, and lets see 20 yrs, in order USAR,USN,ARNG,USNR,USA,USAF/ANG. No i couldnt make up my mind and decided to try a few on, (should see what happens when I go to pick out a blouse or sweater!)

I did dress while on active duty army, once in awhile late at night in my room (NCO, had my own room) but mostly I would travel down to portland OR. (stationed at ft.lewis) for the weekend and dress there and go out.

I didnt know about the whole "going regimental" thing, my dad was in the British army, Royal Highland Fusiliers and Cameronians and now I am going to have nightmares :P hehehe

SSgt Melissa ;)

I have a woman's AF uniform just need to get the rank sewn on hehe

Megan72
01-31-2006, 01:05 AM
4 years US Navy. 8 years reserves.

Ashley Allison
01-31-2006, 02:32 AM
After I got of college, I was considering going to the marines, but the femme side of me decided against it. A little part of me kind of regrets not going, but it's not a big deal.

jessbcuzz
01-31-2006, 09:03 AM
I did 10 years between active duty and the reserves. I had wanted to do my 20, but believe it or not, it is because I got caught dressing that eventually got me kicked out. Basicly, a wrong place at the wrong time thing. Just be careful!

Keely
01-31-2006, 09:10 AM
I was in the USAF from '70 to '74. That was the low point of my dressing. Not at all while on duty. Very little when on leave.

Christy
01-31-2006, 09:43 AM
Many military men are involved in CD there are dozens of concepts by many experts why, but the fact is your not alone, I am currently on mission in Iraq and I can tell you that this is the longest stretch of time I have gone without dressing and I hate it. I don't know what your mos or security clearance is all I can say is be careful with your CD activities, as you won't be removed from military service but your security clearance can go into the trash.

As you research history you will find may famous military men that loved being En-Femme

Christy

PaulaLynne
01-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Ex paratrooper here. While in military, in Germany, girlfriend had me wear
her panties when we had sex. It was a must with her. Wore panties quite
often even under uniform. Got out and started 24/7. Seems more Navy
guys wear panties than Army, but who cares....

Dana
01-31-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm not certain, but I don't think the military would take (or could take) any punitive actions against a crossdresser. Open gays are not accepted, but I never heard of actions against crossdressers in my decade plus military experience!

Back when I was still on active duty and before retiring ~ there was a Navy Corpsman at Camp Lejuene ~ that was given a court maritial for having been caught wearing his wives clothes in base housing. The way that he got "caught" was he didn't pull the drapes and went outside during day light.

Never heard of what the sentance was ~ nor how far the proceding went. Almost certain that he got charged under the "catch all" article

ronda
01-31-2006, 08:00 PM
glad to have you on board and hope to hear from you soon and often.:D

KellyCD
02-01-2006, 08:26 AM
In the Army right now in south Korea. Still trying to find someone else like me over here as well, It's hard!!

MelissaL
02-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Kelly, wish you had been in Korea when I was there (98-99). There are sisters over there, but it can be difficult to link up.

Melissa

barbie lanai
03-13-2006, 10:23 PM
I was in the Navy from 63-67 and dressed occasionally the final year or so. I was stationed aboard ship at the time and back then enlisted men could not have any civies on the ship. So no boys or girls clothes, only uniforms. No room aboard ship for anything more anyway.

Sailors rented lockers in town and changed from uniform to civies there. But the idea of changing to enfemm would have gotten me kicked out or killed or something. So I could only change if I rented a motel or hotel room for the weekend. Even then, the real question was where to keep the clothes. I was an E5 and permitted to have a car on base. So stored the clothes in the car's trunk for awhile. But anytime leaving or arriving on the base; I could be subject to a vehicle search. I finally rented a cheap apartment and kept my stuff there, until I departed the service.

I saw an ad in some magazine for a cheap wig. Ordered the thing and it was mailed to the ship. Somehow the package was opened before it got to me, and I did lots of explaining how it was a gift for my mom. Gift, mom, right! darn wig looked as cheap as those on halloween costumes.

After releasing the apartment, had my first purge and tossed the clothes into a dumpster on the way back to base. Probably my sexiest slip ever was in that bag of clothes.

toniloraine
03-13-2006, 11:42 PM
i spent 13 years in active army, drill instructor, jumpmaster. dress a little at home and wore panties and pantyhose under my bdu's in garrison.good luck and be careful

Annette_boy
03-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Hi All
6yrs active Navy 17 yrs drilling reserves 23 yrs total I was very careful on active 64-70 two tours on PBR's in Mekong River got out in 70 went back in Reserves in 82 did desert storm with a mine hunting unit retired in 99 was not trying to prove anything was looking out for retirement plan
Hugs Annette:D :hugs:

livy_m_b
03-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Was in the Navy aboard ship from 63-67. When I entered, it had never crossed my mind that I was transgendered, and I knew that transvestite didn't seem to fit since I had worn women's clothes off and on for years though not frequently. The four years were years when ts-ism was gaining in notoriety - I remember reading an article with interest in Esquire magazine about a transsexual that gave some clarity. On my ship in port overseas, we often stood the mid-watch in radio from midnight til after breakfast when we were relieved for the day watch. It was a long spell of privacy and I would make due with a red pencil for lipstick and fabricated garments - what would have happened if someone had ever come in during those periods would have been disastrous. Other than that, the four years were a period of increasing self awareness.

Rhonda123
03-14-2006, 07:22 AM
I was in the Army for a little over 25 years. I used to wear my pantyhose in the field all of the time. There are a lot of people that do the same thing. 0.02

Amanduhrob
03-14-2006, 07:32 AM
USMC 1978-1993

Only dressed while on leave, and never anywhere near other Marines.

Teresa Amina
03-14-2006, 07:37 AM
would love a full womens military uniform! )Skirt/blouse/heels...ummmmmmmm!)

Check the eBay Militaria section; if you're not too big there are complete wwii, korea etc. wac uniforms occaisionally.
My own military cd experiences were Navy from '78-'81. Had a fright once; was dressed in bra, panties and slip when someone started to unlock the door of the room I was in. Holy C---! I've never changed so quick in my life!:eek:

Eric/a
03-14-2006, 08:11 AM
This thread touches on something I was going to mention. One of Bill Clinton's first acts as President was to try to get the regs changed so that gays could serve in the military. What they finally settled on was the so-called "don't ask/don't tell" policy, and I wondered if that changed anything for crossdressers as well. We may all know that being gay and being a CD are two different things, but most of the military top brass probably sees all of these as "aberrant or deviant sexual behaviors." Do you think President Clinton was successful in bringing about any kind of change there? I was going to start a new thread for that sometime, but I guess it more or less fits in this one.

sarahjan
03-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Just under 11 years British Army, Army Air Corps and then a further 3 years as TA. I came across a lot of dressing in drag in the Army. Always the same individuals which always made me wondering how much of it was for a joke and how much as it the need to dress.

JoAnnDallas
03-15-2006, 09:58 AM
USAF 1965 -1972... Never dressed while on duty. Most of my time was spent oversea's so made it even harder. Funny thing was everytime I would come home on R&R, all the way home weither it was by plane or bus, I would start thinking of nothing else but dressing. As soon as I was alone and dressed a sense of peace and wonder would come over me that was unbelievable.

Snookums
03-15-2006, 06:51 PM
I was in the Army from 66/70,I CD'd befor enlisting,and continued after I was discharged.It was the hardest 4 years of my life.

objects in view are smaller than they appear:p

wo-MAN
03-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Many military men are involved in CD there are dozens of concepts by many experts why, but the fact is your not alone, I am currently on mission in Iraq and I can tell you that this is the longest stretch of time I have gone without dressing and I hate it. I don't know what your mos or security clearance is all I can say is be careful with your CD activities, as you won't be removed from military service but your security clearance can go into the trash.

As you research history you will find may famous military men that loved being En-Femme

Christy
Where are you stationed and what is your name and rank, because I'm in Iraq (fob falcon) and my e-mail address is andrew.miller19@us.army.mil e-mail me so we can talk!!:D

Sierra Evon
03-15-2006, 07:06 PM
USMC was only in for 18 mons. was medically discharged, before a
deployment to Panama city , and also to the Caribbian, glad I missed it.
now that I can say this , combat is sooo , not me !, but I still did what
I had to do at the time , 1986", boot and trainning , my last stop was
Calif., I never left the U.S.,...............thats my military history.
" hit the deck" :eek:

Tamara Barclay
03-16-2006, 04:59 AM
I had a good friend in a "t" group years ago. She had been in the Air Force in the early 80's, stationed in Germany.
She got her hands on a womans dress uniform, would put her own "stuff" it, and would go out as a female officer! Granted, she was the most passable CD I have ever met, but she was taking a HUGE risk!

MelissaL
03-17-2006, 02:00 AM
That does sound like it was very risky. Glad she didnt get caught.

Clare
03-17-2006, 11:08 PM
:welcom:

Hiya Randi. Glad to have you with us.

Nope, never in the Military - I'm too unconventional for them!

kris_dresser
03-19-2006, 04:55 AM
Good idea, but at 6'/200 lbs, options are limited..perhaps a maternity uniform? lol

kris_dresser
03-19-2006, 04:57 AM
Check the eBay Militaria section; if you're not too big there are complete wwii, korea etc. wac uniforms occaisionally.
My own military cd experiences were Navy from '78-'81. Had a fright once; was dressed in bra, panties and slip when someone started to unlock the door of the room I was in. Holy C---! I've never changed so quick in my life!:eek:
Thanks, will search, but at 6'/200lbs would probably be limited to maternity or old soviet block uniforms. lol

Teresa Amina
03-19-2006, 07:05 AM
old soviet block uniforms. lol

Not a bad look really! Check out these Sovietski Babe-ushkas from WWII....

fredricaneilson
03-19-2006, 10:42 AM
IAM in the army .and its great to have so many differant uniforms you know what i mean girls

gennee
03-19-2006, 10:50 AM
First of all, welcome to the site. I was in the military from '71-'74. Wasn't a CD at the time. I started only nine months ago.

GENNEE

maid phylis
03-19-2006, 11:48 AM
dear randi ,wellcome to our forum and yes i was in the united states navy from august 1964 till aug 1967.i served on board the uss yorktown cvs 10 and we did two tours of duty in yankee station off the coast of vietnam in 1966.i had a pair of my girlfriends stockings and i sometimes put them on .you had to be very carefull back then so i stopped doing it ..love phylisanne:thumbsup: :bw:

HaleyPink2000
03-25-2006, 09:02 PM
At no time in service did I even think of CDing. I was into a war, got married, had a child, got namonia, almost died, did jump from air planes, shot on a rifle team, worked in a Mars Station, worked in the NCO club, Etc Etc Etc. I had no time for CDing. Way to busy. I did not really get into it till my second marriage. With working 2 to 3 jobs, to support the kids, my first marriage, not much time. Sleeping 4 hours a day for years except on Sundays then Church.

maid phylis
03-25-2006, 11:28 PM
I was in the Navy from 63-67 and dressed occasionally the final year or so. I was stationed aboard ship at the time and back then enlisted men could not have any civies on the ship. So no boys or girls clothes, only uniforms. No room aboard ship for anything more anyway.

Sailors rented lockers in town and changed from uniform to civies there. But the idea of changing to enfemm would have gotten me kicked out or killed or something. So I could only change if I rented a motel or hotel room for the weekend. Even then, the real question was where to keep the clothes. I was an E5 and permitted to have a car on base. So stored the clothes in the car's trunk for awhile. But anytime leaving or arriving on the base; I could be subject to a vehicle search. I finally rented a cheap apartment and kept my stuff there, until I departed the service.

I saw an ad in some magazine for a cheap wig. Ordered the thing and it was mailed to the ship. Somehow the package was opened before it got to me, and I did lots of explaining how it was a gift for my mom. Gift, mom, right! darn wig looked as cheap as those on halloween costumes.

After releasing the apartment, had my first purge and tossed the clothes into a dumpster on the way back to base. Probably my sexiest slip ever was in that bag of clothes.
dear barbie we were in the navy around the same time ,where were you stationed.phylisanne:)

Bobbisue
03-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi I'm a serving Army Officer in Canada dressing is hard but with todays lifestyles no one cares as long as I do my job.
Heck the Canadian Milatary payed for a sex change for one of my fellow officers.
Bobbisue

Paige
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Randi,

I hope you aren't surprised by the large number of us that were in the military. Most of us are of the generation that either went to college or went into the service. The percentage of those that could afford to go to college was a lot smaller than nowadays so many of us chose the military to get our education.

I did very little CDing while I was in the Navy but I was able to sneak on a pair of panties or hose while on liberty once in a while and of course there were those hampers in my girlfriends house.

Phyllis,

As a side note after reading your post, I was on the USS Constellation CVA64 on Yankee Station in 1964. We were in Hong Kong on a port call at the beginning of a "round the world" cruise when we were called to come to the aid of the USS Maddox and never did leave Yankee Station to finish our "round the world" cruise.

Hugs, Paige

Noel Chimes
03-28-2006, 01:57 PM
I've heard that in the Scottish army they must wear kilts with no underwear. This is known as "going regimental." During inspection, an officer examines them with what looks like an oversized dental mirror, a large round mirror on a long stick. This is stuck beneath their kilts to assure that they are in fact "going regimental."
I thought that's what they meant by "a commando":lol2: BTW 2nd generation "squid" here from Aug74 to Jan 83. Thank goodness for off base housing.

allisonrn06
03-28-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm a former military man - the only thing I ever wore in the military was pantyhose.Didn't get in to the rest till my early twenties.Pantyhose are still my favorites but I love all women's clothes and makeup,etc.

Kitty Sue
03-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Yup I am in the active army and currently serving in Iraq. Like Christy said this is the longest I have gone without dressing in years. Still I will be leaving the active army soon and my being a CD is one of the reasons why.

But hey welcome.:)

JMO2
03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
I was discharged but it was an hornorable discharge. No one knows the reason or why. I just chose to let them do it because of the judgemental people that I worked with. When push came to shove I shoved back when the time came. They were discussing everything including Courtmartial and I told them they were barking up the wrong tree.
Now that I look back on it I should have dressed completely in a female uniform and really set them back on my last day...

CharlaineCadence
03-28-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm currently in the military after being brought back in. I'm due to get out in augest and cant wait. I will be starting my hormone regiment soon and decided that it was the best thing. It was a very hard dission for me to make but i had to make it. I know it is the right choise but I am still angry that I cannot even get information from eo officers or anyone due to the dont ask/ dont tell. even though i'm not homosexual the army looks at crossdressing and transgender peoples as being homosexual. I was raped by three men and could never think a man as attratcive. I can bearly stand to live in the same room with men let alone make love to one. But from what I have discovered weather you are mtf or ftm you are concidered homosexual. because your new gender even after your srs. you are your birth gender in their eyes.

barbie lanai
03-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Most guys I've talked to have nightmares about somehow being back in the military. I know my dad still does. He's 89 and got out back in '45. Anyway I had one last night. I was back in the Navy, got promoted and was pinning new insigna on my hat. Nightmare woke me up. Once awake I was thinking about the dream and realized the hat was a WAVE'S. Should have stayed asleep and seen how it ended. Here's a WAVE pic I found on the web of the uniform from my era in the Navy.

Rachel E
03-29-2006, 12:31 AM
I started when i was about 14 yrs old and still do. I spent 3 yrs in the army and 17 yrs in the AF and i cross dressed when ever i could. Almost got caught a couple of time but did not.
Retired from the AF 33 yrs back and dress almost 24/7 now and realy at peace with it. My new girl freind knows of my dressing and is OK with it.hie
LOL
Richie, Spokane, Wa

VtVicky
03-29-2006, 12:40 AM
22 years active AF. In the early years, some panty wear, but not much else. Way too much to lose to the unknown reaction of the brass if I was discovered. And, as has been mentioned, when I was enlisted, privacy was at a premium. As an officer, it was easier, and therefore more frequent. Usually sleeping in slips or nightgowns. Mail order catalogues were very helpful.

The only time I ever saw anyone in trouble for CD was due more to his stealing women's underwear from laundry lines etc. than his own wearing them. "Dumb" will always catch up with you.

kris_dresser
03-29-2006, 05:42 AM
Most guys I've talked to have nightmares about somehow being back in the military. I know my dad still does. He's 89 and got out back in '45. Anyway I had one last night. I was back in the Navy, got promoted and was pinning new insigna on my hat. Nightmare woke me up. Once awake I was thinking about the dream and realized the hat was a WAVE'S. Should have stayed asleep and seen how it ended. Here's a WAVE pic I found on the web of the uniform from my era in the Navy.

Would love to wear that outfit...sigh

closet joanne
03-29-2006, 06:13 AM
wow. glad i'm not alone. am looking at the military from different perspective. currently TA looking to go regular when i graduate- I told my chain of command bout my occasional CD-ing because i had to fill out security clearance forms which asked about 'any behaviour which may be embarrasing if made public'. they were very accepting and didn't really bat an eyelid. no idea how its gonna affect my career. we shall see.

Faye Moore
03-31-2006, 04:50 PM
I've been in the army for the past 18 years and expect to be in for some time yet. I have Xdressed for all of my carrier, and have come very close to being caught on more than one occassion. I have been married for a while and my wife works which allows me to dress when she is out. i must warn that although punitive actions can no longer be taken against CDs but the army has a way of making life so unbareable that any CD will be forced to walk. Although in my unit we have an "example", that went to the press befor he went to the boss and he now comes to work as a she, but she is definately an exception.

Anybody in the military who does CD should be very careful.

SEXY_HEATHER
04-02-2006, 08:58 PM
retired air force active duty.i wore panties off duty only.