PDA

View Full Version : i love having painted/manicured nails

simpsonfan
05-02-2004, 02:54 AM
but is there any way i could hide this?
perhaps painted toenails but i dont know about fingernails.

Abraxas
05-02-2004, 03:30 AM
Clear nail polish should work. There's nothing wrong with a man with well- kept nails. You could probably get away with shaping/ filing them and applying a coat of clear basecoat or something.

Jenny
05-04-2004, 09:56 AM
I too love painted nails. I was surprised when I first did it on my fingernails how much more feminine my hands looked. Then I tried it on my toenails and was swept away by the look of painted nails down there. I don't have much interest in feet but the addition of a splash of colors make them look sexy I think. I keep my toes painted in the winter when I wear shoes and socks all the time. When warmer weather comes, I take the polish off because I like to wear sandals w/o socks or go barefoot in the summer.

For my fingernails I have used artificial fingernails with some success. You can buy them at cosmetic or accessory counters. The better quality ones can look pretty good and of course come right off. I did try clear polish once. A female friend noticed and commented. I explained I was trying to toughen up my nails. I don't think I convinced her and I never tried it again.

I hopes this help a little. :)

Robyn_P
05-04-2004, 11:17 AM
I also love the sight of nail polish on my toes. I enjoy the reds and pinks most and try and keep them painted during the winter months. I think I keep mine painted more than my wife. I actually get somewhat excited from the smell of nail polish !! Yet just another one of my many fetishes.... :p

Robyn

~Tammy~
05-05-2004, 06:05 PM
I absolutely adore my nails to be painted, but due to my work (well most work I suppose), I would get alot of stick and laughs if I turned up with silver nail polish on.
The people I work with now that my gf is a beauty therapist and likes to practice on me, thats how I can get away with waxed legs and clear varnished nails but anything more than that and it would be asking for trouble!

Teri
05-07-2004, 10:07 AM
I love to wear nail polish. I almost always have my toes painted some sexy red color. If I plan to wear sandals for a summer day, well then, off comes the polish, but otherwise, those toes are red. I just love looking and seeing my nails looking so attractive. It's a femm feeling. Often, I wear nail polish on my fingers. For that I use clear polish, but I add 2 drops of red to the bottle and mix it well. That gives my fingers just a hint of color without screaming RED. If people notice, no one has said anything. When our children were small, I used to paint my nails a noticeable color everytime we went camping. They asked about it and I said that it prevents my nails from breaking when I set up the tent trailer, as I was always breaking my nails. That seemed to satisfy their curiosity, but I had to quit that as they became older and smarter. You can buy a nail-strengthner in a clear color and if discovered in your house and you need an excuse, that may do. But try just a hint of red in it and I bet no one will question you about it and oh how sexy you will feel everytime you look at your beautiful nails. Let me know, via personal reply, how it works for you. Go for it girl! ;) :)

Luv,

Teri

jenny_k78
05-23-2004, 11:56 PM
I have just painted my nails for the first time and love how they look. So it isn't so obvious I used clear on my fingers but may try adding a drop or two of color next time. On my toes I used seashell chrome.

salem
05-24-2004, 06:09 AM
I love have my nails painted but it is a bit of an ordeal. You really have to spend the time to get them into shape and then you need to have time to enjoy looking at them. Washing dishes with lovely painted nails can be anything but mundane.

However the colour has to come off to live your normal life. So unless you can have a whole day or a weekend to admire your nails, the effort cannot be fully enjoyed.

Recently I have taken to wearing long satin and/or latex gloves. I have several pairs. They are not too expensive to buy. These feel good to put on and look very sexy. They are also nice to slide over other parts! Also you can pull off a pair of gloves very quickly if you get into a potentially awkward situation but painted nails are somewhat hard to hide.

So if you have the time, go for the shaping & painting. But if time is limited, I suggest try the long black gloves option.

Salem

MichelleH
05-24-2004, 04:21 PM
I love painted nails too, especially the toes! Like most of us, I can't keep them that way but I always paint both my fingernails and toenails if I get a weekend alone. I used to use my wife's nail polish, but I don't anymore. My tastes definitely run toward the pinks.

Michelle

brenda
05-24-2004, 08:43 PM
i too enjoy the look of of painted nails. just yesterday i wore sandals out to dinner with nail polish on on foot (metallic red)with the wife and kids. they just think that i am trying to be weird. i do have more confidence going out with my wife or daughter somewhere. don't think i would do it alone.

MichelleH
02-02-2005, 01:56 PM
I just started growing my nails and I love the look. My nails are kind of thin, so I use a strengthener on them. I started out using Sally Hansen Instant Strength, but it's pretty glossy for everyday wear. Now I use OPI Nail Envy in the matte finish. It looks really natural but gives just a little shine. You can make the nails look a little more glossy by putting a clear polish underneath as a base coat. Since I'm trying to grow mine, I use Qtica nail growth stimulator as a base coat, which adds a little gloss. If you want a nice look without attracting too much attention, I highly recommend Nail Envy. I've been wearing it for about a month and no one has commented.

MichelleH

Paula A
02-02-2005, 02:56 PM
I love the having painted nails, since before september I started growing them and wareing them a bit longer, I used the excuse, "it's helpfull for skinning and butchering deer." well long after deer season my nails we about 3/16" long looked and felt great and I could turn pages in a book with the same hand holding it. :D

I have used Nail Envy by OPI - its really great stuff, I first heard about it here. :D It has a Matte finish, put on two coats, one five-10minuts after the first one. and be carefull not to scratch, scuff, dig up the polish. After 24-hours it will be really good and hard. if you want a bit more shine, but not high gloss, rub in some good moisturizing lotion and they will get a nice satin finish, not to dull not to glossy and will look great for a week or better.
Try it. I also find that by protecting them with polish, hardner, strengthener that it really helps them grow and stay strong.

Also, filing, use a good emmory board, a fine one, and file in one direction only, going back and forth with weeken them and they will crack and break, if that happens get superglue with a brush, the kind you use for fake nails, and glue it back toegther and put a coat over the break adn then the polish.
Forget the clippers and the metal file that comes with them, they will only make matters worse.

After I just told my wife my secret, I clipped them off, :mad: because she asked me too, I felt really naked without them. I can't wait for them to grow back.
Good luck and have fun.

LindaTS
02-02-2005, 03:03 PM
I love the having painted nails, since before september I started growing them and wareing them a bit longer, I used the excuse, "it's helpfull for skinning and butchering deer." well long after deer season my nails we about 3/16" long looked and felt great and I could turn pages in a book with the same hand holding it. :D

I have used Nail Envy by OPI - its really great stuff, I first heard about it here. :D It has a Matte finish, put on two coats, one five-10minuts after the first one. and be carefull not to scratch, scuff, dig up the polish. After 24-hours it will be really good and hard. if you want a bit more shine, but not high gloss, rub in some good moisturizing lotion and they will get a nice satin finish, not to dull not to glossy and will look great for a week or better.
Try it. I also find that by protecting them with polish, hardner, strengthener that it really helps them grow and stay strong.

Also, filing, use a good emmory board, a fine one, and file in one direction only, going back and forth with weeken them and they will crack and break, if that happens get superglue with a brush, the kind you use for fake nails, and glue it back toegther and put a coat over the break adn then the polish.
Forget the clippers and the metal file that comes with them, they will only make matters worse.

After I just told my wife my secret, I clipped them off, :mad: because she asked me too, I felt really naked without them. I can't wait for them to grow back.
Good luck and have fun.

Paula, where do I find Nail Envy? I never heard of it. Thanks.

Paula A
02-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Linda;
If ever you find yourself in Albany, go to Styvasent plaza, it's on Route 20 (western avenue 1 mile east of crossgates) there is a salon there called Jean Paul Coiffures I believe it cost me with tax about $17.00. :eek: I saw it on line for less money but with the shipping it worked out to about the same. Good stuff and worth the price. You better call ahead just to make sure they have it handy, otherwise, it would be a long trip for naught. Unless you are already out this way shopping. :)

http://www.jeanpaulspa.com/

Tracie Lynn
02-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Love those dark pinks and Reds for painting my toes I keep them painted all the time I just love looking at them while sitting around in the evening and their is just something about seeing them through the toes of my stockings love it, love it, love it

Leslie(TV)
02-02-2005, 08:43 PM
You can try OPI 'matte' finish top coat. Granted, your nails won't be colored or look shiney, but atleast you can 'polish' them. You'd need a license to enter a beauty supply store that sells it, but you may get lucky on e-bay.

angieSP
02-02-2005, 11:34 PM
I like Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails. It strengthens nails, has a little shine, but not flashy enough to be noticible. Hope this helps. :)

MichelleH
02-04-2005, 02:27 PM
You can buy OPI Nail Envy at some beauty supply stores--look on their website for a location near you. I've been using it for about a month and it has really strengthened my nails. It's matte finish is hardly different from a natural nail, but if you want a little more gloss, you can use a clear base coat or top coat.

MichelleH