PDA

View Full Version : Why do most of us use girlie names?

kylie
05-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Dear all,

I am fairly new to this site and like most people probably spent a while looking at the format and contents before logging in.

The first issue was what name should i use. My first, immediate reaction was just to use another mans's name but having seen that most people used a girlies name I decided to go for that. I didn't really give it too much thought at the time but the effect in the last few days has been quite startling.

I really look forward to signing on as kylie and feel that i can express my thoughts in a that way i couldn't if i was called 'fred'. (having progressed, that would seem strange now!)

I have my own theories as to why this is but would be interested to hear all your thoughts before i post mine.

love, kylie.

eleventhdr
05-06-2004, 01:47 AM
i agree choosing the girl name that you like and enjoy and feel comfortable with certainly does go a very long way toward how and what you feel and how you feel about this aspect of yourself I know when i finally chose mine i kind of already had an idea as to how i would feel about it and who and what it would make me feel as my girl self. So then I got help from an organization and got a big sister who helped me out out the very beginning and made me feel welcome and comfortable about my femm self and tht has made a lot of difference at least to me it has anyway. But then I as I say did kind of know who and what i felt i wanted to be from the start so it was then just a matter of adjusting to this side of myself and realizing that i was always this girl inside it had always been this way it just took that long to find here and let her out she is me and i am here we are one and the same in this one body although the male side may still dominate the female is there and that's what and who I have always been and wanted to be all along. So yes you mus and shuld choose now forselve as well now who and what you do want to be and then stick with it until you feel comfortablewiththis it will come to pass you will see and then it will be like it was never anything else traust me alright. Thank's Jay Suzy Ann my girl name!.

Jill
05-06-2004, 08:27 AM
I do it for two reasons. One is that it is the thing to do in the TG world, like they say, when it Rome, do like the Romans. Second is to hide my real identity. Going by a female name doesn't make me feel more feminine or anything, I just do it because it's the thing to do.

Nina
05-06-2004, 09:30 AM
I feel that when I get fully dressed I become a women, even if it's only for a few hours(even though I know I'm not)And I need a female name. I love the name Nina(It was the first girl I wanted to be with many years ago, but never got pasted the first date) If I ever had a sex change there would be no other name I'd even consider(Also it protects my identity)

Jenny
05-06-2004, 10:49 AM
Whenever I log onto this forum (or any of the other t-girls sites I check out), I always do so in my "Jenny" frame of mind. So it only makes sense to use that name. Also a very large part of my mentality is Jenny so in one sense I am not making up a girly name, I am just using an appropriate name for that part of my personality. Jenny is who I am.

~Tammy~
05-06-2004, 11:00 AM
The way I look at it is that I basically have a split personality. Most of the time, at work, with friends and family, etc, I am the same guy I was born and grew up as and that everyone sees from day to day.
During other times however my personality switches to 'Tammy', I act and feel like this other person. When I am dressed up and I look in the mirror, the only person I see is Tammy. And, as all people have names, it just makes sense to give this other person/personality a name to differentiate between the two me's!

GinaB.
05-06-2004, 12:28 PM
I prefer the name Gina to me I am more of a Gina than a George. Gina makes me feel fem and sexy they way I wish to feel.

Julie
05-06-2004, 01:54 PM
The answer is simple: Does the person in that picture look like she should have a man's name? I certainly don't think so. Anyway, Julie is who I am. My male name was given to me and I had no say in that decision. Julie is my favorite girl name and like Nina I would never think of using any other name.

Rachel_740
05-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Kylie,

As the other girls have said, when I am dressed I am not the same person as when I am not dressed.

I chose Rachel because I think its a very pretty name, and it suits me. I have a split personality as well and you will normally find that when I talk about 'me' I am talking about Rachel. If I talk about 'him' I am talking about my male form.

Rachel

Robyn_P
05-06-2004, 04:16 PM
I chose Robyn because it was closest to my real name, yet was still femenine. I have been CD'ing for about 13 years off and on and this past month is the first time I have decided to go by Robyn when dressed. Not sure why, but it just felt right at the time .... :p

Jenny Tu Tone
05-06-2004, 04:45 PM
:) Oh, this feels so good to hear others say what I have felt! I have had no one else to share this with! :o
When I am "Jenny," I am a different person, as you other girls have said. When I am "Jim," I am a different person. I have multiple personalities, but I am still well-integrated, not shattered. I love being enfemme, though, and have wanted to be most of my life. I just "came out" two years ago to my wife, who has come to mostly accept it.
Oh, it's so nice to know others feel the same way!

Hugs,

Jenny

barbracarolyn
05-07-2004, 03:06 AM
I guess most of us use girlie nanes because it reveals the femine part of our real nature. I use the name Barbra carolyn because that is who I am when I am dressed the way that I really feel, that is part of my true character. It also hides my true idenity but that is not the real reason, it is just the way that I feel. Also, :rolleyes: it really matches my real name.

kylie
05-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Hi girls,

Thanks for you replies and interesting views. It now seems so obvious that we should use lovely feminine names.

I have grown to love it even more in the last few days and i am understanding so much more about my self. What a week!

I love thinking and writing in a feminine and non-aggressive (male) way. It is lovely to be able to offer an opinion on something and, as kylie, say exactly how I feel. I have become bored by always having to offer the stereo-typical response that society expects of men.

Take care, kylie.

Julie
05-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Hi girls,

I love thinking and writing in a feminine and non-aggressive (male) way. It is lovely to be able to offer an opinion on something and, as kylie, say exactly how I feel. I have become bored by always having to offer the stereo-typical response that society expects of men.

Take care, kylie.
Kylie,

You said it so well! Being a man is boring and predictable, ugh :p . And you are so right, it is lovely being able to be youself and speak exactly how you feel.

I hope you stay and keep offering your viewpoint. It adds so much! :D

http://illinoismatmen.com/images/emoticons/Julie_sig.gif

Summer
05-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Being a Gemini,
Twins, My twins name is Summer, simple as that.
Summer,

lara_myklund
05-08-2004, 02:56 AM
I get a real kick off signing in, and being referred to a Lara.
I can be more feminine - as a male, I would never put 'xx' on anything, exect if it were to my wife - as Lara, I like to put 'xx' on everything.

tina628
05-09-2004, 11:36 AM
I go by tuna so I thought tina was what I would call my self

tanya31
05-28-2004, 01:41 AM
Dear all,

I am fairly new to this site and like most people probably spent a while looking at the format and contents before logging in.

The first issue was what name should i use. My first, immediate reaction was just to use another mans's name but having seen that most people used a girlies name I decided to go for that. I didn't really give it too much thought at the time but the effect in the last few days has been quite startling.

I really look forward to signing on as kylie and feel that i can express my thoughts in a that way i couldn't if i was called 'fred'. (having progressed, that would seem strange now!)

I have my own theories as to why this is but would be interested to hear all your thoughts before i post mine.

love, kylie.i use tanya because if i was a real girl that wood be my name :)plus no one knows its realy me :)

Vivian Best
05-28-2004, 06:16 AM
For me, when I'm dressed I am Vivian. When I sign on to this forum, I am Vivian. Vivian is my feminine side. My male side has another name.

Vivian :D

VanessaCD
05-28-2004, 06:28 AM
I agree. A Fem name just comes with the package in regard to feelings that we may be currently expressing. Now wouldn't it be nice to be able to change our male names on a whim? :)

jamie
05-28-2004, 05:08 PM
Their are two different personalities I have to deal with. This one needs here own identity. She manifests it here with here name.
The other one admires her will and determination but won't compromise with her. He is still "Jim" and will be him forever.

Ted
06-06-2004, 09:55 AM
never really gave much thought to a feminine name. Been using my male name for so long, I got used to it.

Elinor
06-06-2004, 10:41 AM
When I feel feminine and look feminine then I should have a feminine name to go with my femininity. I am not a man when wearing a wig,dress,stockings,high heels and suspenders. I am a woman I feel feminine [wished I looked feminine] and so choose to be Elinor. It was only when I found that I was one of many who choose to wear female attire on the internet that I became Elinor.
I was glad to find other GIRLIES like me and became a woman if only on the internet.