PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrow shaping and eye make up help

Kimmy
05-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Hello everyone! I just joined the forum and wanted to get the hello out of the way first before continuing.

Anyway, some girls I know have started telling me I need to do something with my eyebrows so I can pass better as a girl. I've tried a few things and really don't know what's right and what's not from all the hear say I've been subjected to. I read the other post about plucking from the bottom... but my question goes beyond that.

I've heard somewhere that each face shape has an eyebrow shape that is best suits it. I can't find anything on that through my internet searches, but they thankfully landed me here at this forum. Does anyone know if this is true? I don't want to be like that old lady I once saw who used a magic marker to put on her eyebrows... *shudder* I want to find the best shape for me. Here's a pic that hopefully will help show my face better.

http://kimberly.myhawkee.com/IMG_2058-Edited.jpg

I'm also wondering if there are any eye shadow tips for a person like myself. Since I wear glasses, almost everything I put on my eye lids seems to magically disappear. It also doesn't help that my eyebrow ridges are a little strong and don't really give much visible space to display. So hopefully there's something I can do... I can't really play with any color on my face because of this... so all I usually do is use mascara and eyeliner since that's the only thing that shows.

I also don't know anything about blush... I don't own any, I don't know my colors... etc, and the last time I tried applying some I looked whorish hehe... I know that's slightly off topic, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread =)

Lee
05-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Hi Kimmy,I am new to this, I don't have any tips.I saw your pictue,I like the way took the shot.your very pretty.There are other threads you can check.I think seen link to a site that tells you how.Good luck. I am also from Ky.Would love to chat.

CindyT
05-15-2004, 06:24 AM
First I would like to say welcome to the forum. I too had a difficult time getting started with makeup but I found the easiest way was to just buy a bunch of stuff and sit in front of the mirror and experiment. I like to use the Cover Girl foundation. Get several shades so you can find the one that looks best on you. Cover your entire face and gradually fade it down into your neck. Allow time for it to dry then wipe off the excess with a tissue. :p

I like use a mascara that has the little brush in the bottle, I think it's Maybelline. This really helps your eyelashes to stand out, then trace behind the lash with an eyeliner pencil.

For eyebrows I have gently plucked out the outer edged to make them thinner and also use a small comb to pick them up and trim them for length so they aren't too bushy.

I'm also a big fan of the glossy lipstick! You can sort of shape your lips with lipstick also.

One of the best ways I have found is talking to a variety of girls who use make-up and looking at how they do their faces!

Biggest thing is don't over do it. Start with small amounts and work your way up.

Hope this helps
Cindy

Gabrielle
05-15-2004, 06:48 AM
Tamara had a link that really gives good tips on this issue.

The thread is "Re: Tips on beauty " by Tamara-GG

The link is http://www.treatsbeauty.co.uk