PDA

View Full Version : can you hide your size

rachelle
05-15-2004, 06:58 AM
i am six feet tall with size eleven feet and weigh 17 stone and would love to go out in public but haven't got the confidence due to my size. I have a reluctant knowing wife who tolerates my crossdressing at times but it against going out with me in public. Whats your views

Rachel_740
05-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Hi Racelle,

I think you've got to do whats right for you, although you obviously can't totally ignore your wifes feelings. As for your size, I'm well over 15 stone with size 10 feet, and I seem to be able to carry it off to some extent, although I have only had short selective trips out (other than driving), because I am still lacking in confidence to go out in full daylight and in town. ow far do you want to take the going out bit? would a walk in the country be enough, or are you looking to go into the city shopping in the middle of the day? questions you have to answer and really come to your own answers, but again, you don't want to upset your wife because we all know where that can lead and is it worth going there?

Love, Rachel
xxx

Summer
05-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Hiding your size has nothing to do with going out in public. Dress down and try Jeans and sweater with simple shoes to start. Don't draw attention to yourself. The biggest problem is in your own mind. Most people could care less about you and what you choose to ware. Just don't go out there dressed like a hooker and you will do fine.
I have a family and we live this way 24/7 All are friends and family accept our unique situation. You have to start some where and when you start small one step at a time. You will eventually get over your own self awareness.
Ask this question of yourself. How does you wife dress when she goes out to the store to buy milk at the supermarket? Jeans a top and sneakers. Not high heels and a mini. Once you get self confidence, you can go out dressed a little more femine. Take it slow at first. Dress for what you are doing.
Hope this helps, and go with confidence.
Summer

Robyn_P
05-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Summer.... You make a lot of sense about dressing down to not draw too much attention to yourself for trying to pass in public. I have never looked at this way and it seems to make a lot of sense to me. We (crossdressers) seem to like to wear skimpy, sexy, revealing, etc.... ,types of outfits that make us feel more femenine/sexy. These aren't the best types of outfits to be wearing out in public for newbies/first timers who want to go out and pass. I would say that once you gain more confidence with being accepted in public you could start to dress a little sexier. Thanks for the advice....

Robyn :p

Stef
05-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Personally I'm 6ft 4inches tall and weigh 190lbs (not sure how that translates into stones) so don't let your size hamper your desire. I would suggest being mindful of your wife's feelings. I agree with the others that one should dress for their environment. If you are going to the mall or someplace like that then I would watch and see what women your age are wearing and try to dress the same. If it is a club that you desire going to then you can pretty much wear whatever you like.

Hugs,
Stef

Julie
05-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Confidence, confidence, confidence! There is nothing more important than that! When you exude confidence you challenge others to prove you are wrong. Most people won’t take on that challenge. I know one CD who is a powerlifter and has a 46” chest and 22” biceps and passes. Why? Confidence!

Just be yourself and let them challenge you. Once you look them in the eye with that stare that says “prove it” they will back down like scared chickens.

CONFIDENCE!

http://illinoismatmen.com/images/emoticons/Julie_sig.gif

Germaine
05-16-2004, 01:12 AM
I love all of the advice...all are very true...I am very new to openly cross dressing and my girlfriend is fully supportive of it...she likes to pick out things for me....We are planning my first outage to a club so I have gone with patend leather mary janes, striped stockings, and a short black skirt(I have nice legs...lol), but after that first experience she wants to go out once a month for a girls day out...lunch shopping things like that...I dont know if have the confidence to pull that off but we have purchased, just as suggested, a casual top, pair of jeans, some sensible boots(they are heeled) and a purse...so I agree with the others confidence is the key and dont go out looking like a crossing hooker...