PDA

View Full Version : Local Support Groups

Robyn_P
05-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Do any of you girls attend a local support group ? I have contacted one in my area and you can attend dressed as male or female. I was just wondering if you were willing to share your thoughts on this. If so, do you attend dressed or do you let them get to know the male side of you first and show up as everyday "JOE"?

I am also trying to convince my wife to attend with me as I would like her continued support and think that this would benefit both of us. She has reservations about this and I am not sure that she is ready to share this with others. I can understand her discomfort with it and respect her limits. I just like to give her the opportunity to be a part of this with me and love knowing that she truly accepts this as part of our lives. I think that she needs to know and understand what goes on there without having to wonder and be concerned. (Those thoughts to this day still cross her mind and I have never given any reason for them and have assured her.)

This forum has helped me in many ways to open up and share with others and I would like to do the same for and with others more local. Any thoughts, concerns, or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all of you for your continued support.....

Robyn...

Julie
05-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Robyn,

I was a member of Chi Chapter, a chapter of Tri-Ess several years back. Tri-Ess focuses on heterosexual crossdressers and their family. They encourage the inclusion of spouse and children and will help in any way they can to bring them to an understanding of CDing.

Almost no one that attended the meetings was en drab. It was both an opportunity to dress up as well as one to discuss, in a friendly and accepting environment, the issues that we all face.

I'm not much of a meeting person. I'm also not much of a joiner. But this was my springboard to get out and meet others like me. It certainly feels great when you first walk into a room full of other CDers just like you. It was the first time in my life I had ever felt I could be completely me without reservation.

As time went on I got to know some of the other members and I found a few of them would go to a local lesbian bar open to us. Being out in the regular world is another huge step in self acceptance and this was the next step for me. Talking to others who aren't CDs when you're fully dressed is a great experience.

There were holiday parties that would extend to the hotel bar after our room time had expired. There I mingled with your average Joe off the street who had quite an expression on his face when I said 'Hi" (I have a deep voice). We talked and after a while he seemed to loosen up. I told him if I saw him the next day (I didn't but he was receptive to it).

It's an experience any CD should have and I strongly recommend it to anyone considering it.

Julie

PaulaJeanette
05-16-2004, 04:10 PM
I've been wondering how many of you're SO's know about you're interactions on these kinds of crossdressing forums? What has been their reactions...positive or negative? I haven't told my wife yet as I'm afraid she wouldn't be receptive.

I'm typing really fast now since she's at the market and I can catch up with my reading.

I'd like to hear your thoughts or comments? Thank you

Paula J.

Gabrielle
05-16-2004, 06:22 PM
My wife does not not yet, however I did almost tell her a few days ago.

Actually, I was figuring I would try this out for a little while to see how "Clean" it is. There is a lot of trash out there.

As many of you have attested, this is a great site. So I would not mind my Wife knowing.

My wife is not fond of my crossdressing, and I try not to burden her with it. and would not want to show her my interests by showing her a site that is filled with trash.

Julie
05-16-2004, 07:53 PM
I've been wondering how many of you're SO's know about you're interactions on these kinds of crossdressing forums? What has been their reactions...positive or negative?
My wife knows but just looks the other way. She's a very curious person and constantly asks me what I'm doing when she can't see (like when I'm in another room). But when I'm on the computer and she asks and I tell her I'm here she just clams up. Maybe she thinks ignoring it is the best medicine.

Germaine
05-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Yeah my girlfriend knows about it...she is supportive that I have found an outlet for conversation about it rather than her...lol...I dont get obsessive with certain things that I love to do...Well the more i think about it the more I like to do it and the more i wanna talk about it....So my girlfriend is sort of relieved that I have found a port to talk to like minded people...

Dana_cd
05-18-2004, 09:12 PM
I've told my wife I joined on that very same day, she thought it was gr8, and that maybe I could meet some really nice cd sisters or even a few girl friends, she also said maybe some girl might be close enough that we could hang out together if we liked, (someone else I could talk to who might understand more about how we feel) she tries but she doesn't quite know, not like you all would,

newfemale
05-19-2004, 03:59 PM
I dont really have any groups to go to, but all my female friends are very supportive! They all helped me look as good as i do today and i am great full for that! Pretty soon i might start taking female hormones, and eventually get SRS. I dont even go out anymore like a man. i havent for 4 Years! when i started to change the way i looked, my parents decided once i got good enough at being female, we would move to a new town so i could start a new life. by that point i already looked, sounded and seemes female. Now i know that i should not have been born a guy, but a girl, i look, feel, and am all-around better at being female than male.

look at my pics on one of my other posts!

jeanette_cd
06-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi
Here is a link to tri-ess as Jammie said.

http://www.tri-ess.org/SSS_chapdir.html#Region5

I too went to the Chicago Chapter of Tri-ess, and it was and is great. Wish I was going this saturday. And your wife will feel very comfortable there also. By all means go dressed, you will kick yourself if you are not the girl your really are once your are there. I never felt so good in all my life. Even though it was new to me, I felt great being able to be me. and I also went to the lesbian bar after wards. I even wanted to go to the Jewel in the parking lot and walk around the grocery store. But no one wanted to do it with me.
jeanette