PDA

View Full Version : PVC or Spandex?

Sabryana
05-19-2004, 06:45 PM
I am doing a costume and trying to decide between these 2 materials. It will be a tight fitting catsuit style and I definately like the look of PVC more but I am wondering if it has any breathability at all. The catsuit is only part of the costume and could be wearing it quite awhile under the rest of my costume so if anyone has knowledge of these materials or possible other options then it will be greatly appreciated.

Sabryana

Abraxas
05-20-2004, 12:25 AM
I have a pair of PVC trousers, and they're just horrible. They're sexy as hell but if you wear them for five minutes they get sweaty and itchy. Really awful. I'd go for spandex if I were you.

jenny_k78
05-20-2004, 05:56 AM
I am doing a costume and trying to decide between these 2 materials. It will be a tight fitting catsuit style and I definately like the look of PVC more but I am wondering if it has any breathability at all. The catsuit is only part of the costume and could be wearing it quite awhile under the rest of my costume so if anyone has knowledge of these materials or possible other options then it will be greatly appreciated.

Sabryana

I like how PVC looks as well. I have several PVC/Latex outfits that look great, but they can be quite warm. Also the outfits I have are polyester lined which helps. If it is to be worn for a while I would go with spandex or some other material that breathes more tha PVC, especially if it is only part of the costume to be worn underneath everything else.

salem
05-20-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi,
These are my observations. PVC is great and form fits to your shape but it can get hot after a while. If you like to have the shiny and glossy effect, then I think you have to go with the PVC. Latex, particularly long gloves and stockings/leggins, needs lots of talc to help you get in and out of them. The talc usually ends up everywhere and you have to shine up all your gear once you have put it on.
The catsuit sounds sexy. I have looked at these but have never worn one. What colour is it? What is the rest of your costume?

Salem

Robyn_P
05-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Go with the PVC, it's HOT in more ways than one... What color will you be using?

Sabryana
05-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Here is a picture of what I am doing. I have not bought anything yet but it will be black and white and I am also doing the armor as well which will be made out of featherlight polyurethane. I am really leaning towards spandex just cause I know the PVC will get extremely hot inside the armor.