PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at Work Thinking.........

jenny_k78
05-19-2004, 10:22 PM
It is hard to work tonight. On a 12 hr shift there is plenty of time to think and as of lately I've been doing a lot of it. I'm preoccupied by a lot of thoughts, one of which I've been thinking about the past few days. I have a female friend who I think is fairly open minded and would like to confide in her my secret. It is great being able to share thoughts with everyone on here, but I would like to be able to share them with a local friend as well. Maybe even get some pointers on makeup and stuff.

I can't wait 'til 6 A.M. rolls around, I'll go home and relax, not sure what to put on yet. It is impossible to wear any fem things to work as we have to change in and out in a common locker room, so I don't even have that comfort right now.

I guess you can say I am down in the dumps right now:( and any thoughts and opinions on the matter would be great.

Summer
05-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Don't be so hard on your self. My suggestion is to go slow with your female friend. See how open minded she is before you launch in to a full blown confession of your secret life. Just take it slow. Take a tack or two before open up. You have a much better chance.
You work nights, 12 hour shift. What do you do? My wife works nights 10 hour shifts. I'm the lucky one I'm retired and look after the daughters and keep the house going.
Always Summer

Fanny57
05-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi Jenny, I agree with Summer take it easy before you go tell your friend about yourself. Women have a hard time understanding us girls I know my wife did. True you've probably seen how some wifes an SO's are understanding and supportive in this forum, but just be sure with your decision before you tell her. Remember there's no taking it back once you tell her, and if she a good friend you need that when depressed rather than a person to help with your eye make-up or hair. Hope you feel better and always air your problems when you need to with us.......Luv.....Fanny...... :p

Julie
05-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Jenny,

We all go through this. Not too long ago I was so down I was hoping something would take me away. But then I remebered, "When you're green, you're growin'. When you're not, you rot." So I thought instead of wallowing in self pity (oh poor me, no one understands me!) I went online and found a local CD convention that I have known about for over 10 years. Hey, what the hell, go for it! So I signed up for Friday and Saturday dinners (the cheapest thing I could find). I will probably know no one, unless you're going, but since we are a sisterhood it shouldn't be hard to be myself.

Next step was what to wear? You probably saw my post. What a wonderful problem to have! Oh, gee, I haven't a thing to wear! Guess I'll have to go shopping! Oh darn, what a burden!

Every day at work I am thinking what will look good on me. I stop at stores, look online and before I know it the day's over. Whew! I need more time! This isn't easy being me!

Jenny, find something to do in the future. Something that will keep you focused. We are a unique breed that soon the world will discover. Imagine what will happen when the women of this world find out just how much we are alike and they don't have to put up with that Mars - Venus crap. We'll all be hot commidities!

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/Julie_sig.gif

jenny_k78
05-20-2004, 05:18 AM
I would like to thank all of you for the replies. I'm feeling a lot better now, I just think it was too much free time to let the mind wander. A couple nights of the week I have only about 4 hrs work to do in the shift. All of you have made good points, some of which might have been realized after the cat was out of the bag. I need to continue to explore myself before I can open up to any of my local friends. Who knows maybe the topic will come up and I will be able to test the water before diving in head first.

Thank you very much!!!! :D