PDA

View Full Version : Fashion News: Flats Are Back

windycissy
05-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Good news for tall girls: According to a story in the Wall Street Journal yesterday, flats are making a major fashion comeback. I've always loved them but felt they looked dopey with a suit or a dress. Well, now real girls are snapping them up a la Audrey Hepburn, and that's good news for those of us trying to pass in public - that extra three inches can make the difference between getting read. Also on the fashion front, Kathy Ireland recommends skirts with pleats for boyish figures - I wonder how they'll look with my new flats? Here's the link: Kathy Ireland's Fashion Solutions (http://www.kathyireland.com/Fashion/Solutions/index.htm)

ruby red
05-20-2004, 09:03 PM
sorry hun high heels for me lol :D

Vivian Best
05-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Hi Ladies,

I just love high heels, but my feet just hate them! As I've gotten older my ability to walk in heels has declined as my age has gone up. Wish it weren't so but that is a reality of life. I'm doomed to very low heels or flats. Hey, thats better than nothing.

Vivian ;)

PaulaJeanette
05-21-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm with Ruby Red and Vivian...high heels but not too high. I'm already 5'8" in stockings and anything too tall makes me a very tall girl...besides, really high heels take some getting used to and I don't want to bust my buns or any bones. One question the medical folks like to ask is "how'd you hurt yourself?" As someone who is NOT out, can you just imagine how this would look in my medical file "...I tripped/misstepped/ etc. while prancing around at home dressed in my black lingerie and heels...." lol...

Paula J.

Julie
05-21-2004, 08:09 PM
For those who don't know, I had gone too long without CDing. When I finally "allowed" myself to return I had to go back to what I had from 10 years ago. The first time back I was at first baffled by where did all that great stuff I had go? Anyway I took what I had fashion something out of it. The outfits were unimpressive but I figured that can be remedied.

What was most suprising was the fact I could barely walk in heels that I had ten years earlier spent entire evenings in. I mean I was out and about, walking, dancing, etc. with these same shoes and boots and even though I know my feet hurt afterwards I could still do all these things. Now I am finding it hard to even walk! I had convinced myself that the shoes had deteriorated and no longer are functional. Maybe? I don't know.

In about two weeks all this will be answered at the Be-All convention in Chicago. I am going alone and will know no one and I'm scared and nervous but I know I be among friends.

http://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/Julie_sig.gif