PDA

View Full Version : Famous People That Crossdress(ed)

Amy Hepker
10-21-2006, 06:33 PM
I know that there were many famous people that crossdressed, but I am unsure of who they were. Can anyone help us figure them out, I know we'll never know all of them as many never ever came out and would have been destroyed if they did. There was the Hoover that was the head of the FBI I think, I was told Mark Anthony of the Cleopatra time. Let's let it out. Do you know who I'm talking about???
GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
AMY

KathrynTX
10-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Kurt Cobain was rumored to have enjoyed wearing women's underwear

We know all about Edward D. Wood, Jr., hack film maker and crossdresser. And according to the biography about Wood, "Nightmare of Ecstasy", Danny Kaye was also a crossdresser; gives a whole new meaning to "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty." :heehee:

Vaudevillain Dan Dailey reportedly wore women's clothes at home and sometimes in public.

J. Edgar Hoover's femme name was apparently "Muriel".

Harris Glenn Milstead, aka Divine, appeared in female roles in most of John Waters's films.

Comedian Eddie Izzard describes himself as an "Executive Transvestite."

Dennis Rodman's public appearances in varying degrees of drag are well-documented.

Herman Goering, commander of the Luftwaffe in WW II, was also a crossdresser and partial to silk nightwear.

King Henry III of France insisted on being considered a woman and addressed as "Her Majesty."

Tony Curtis supposedly wore women's clothing even after "Some Like It Hot."

Sportscaster Marv Albert, who it was revealed wore bras, panties, and garters and stockings under his suits

Alisa
10-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Acording to Wikipedia (see link below) seem to be many more FTM than MTF famous crossdressers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-dressing

In Greek mythology
· Achilles
· Athena

In Norse myths and legends
· Thor
· Odin
· Hagbard
· Frotho I
· Hervor

Famous historical examples of cross-dressing people
· Hua Mulan
· Pope Joan
· Joan of Arc
· Anne Bonny and Mary Read
· Bonnie Prince Charlie
· Chevalier d'Eon
· George Sand (Amandine-Aurore-Lucile Dupin)
· Dorothy Lawrence
· Rrose Sélavy,
· J. S. G. Boggs
· Yasumasa Morimura
· Grayson Perry
· Billy Tipton
· Willmer "Little Ax" Broadnax
· Edward Hyde, 3rd Earl of Clarendon
· Eddie Izzard

Daphne Renee
10-21-2006, 08:54 PM
there have been many actors and actresses that have crossdressed at one time or another. I dont know how many of them did it "off camera" though. Many moons ago.. tom hanks had a show called bosom buddies.. It was a comedy series .. something tells me he had to like it on some level or he wouldnt have done the show for so long. There are many others but like I said I dont know if they have ever done it "off camera".

Amy Hepker
10-21-2006, 09:20 PM
I seen a Tabloid one time where Brad Pit wore a Bright Red Dress to see a Play, he had on tennis shoes though. But who knows if it was real or made up by the tabloid. He did not hide the fact he was a guy (no Makeup).
GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
AMY

Snookums
10-21-2006, 09:51 PM
lets not forget Elmer Fudd,Bugs Bunny,the Roadrunner,and my hero Wyle E. Coyote,Super Genius.
There had to be some kind of hidden message in those cartoons where the character dressed in womens clothes.:eek: subliminal brainwshing?

JennaKnots
10-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Bob Hope. Chris Kattan. All those "kids in the hall" guys. Dana Carvey, Johnny Carson, Flip Wilson, Howard Stern, Milton Bearle, Marlilyn Manson, Ru Paul, David Bowie, The New York Dolls, I'm sure the list goes on. And even if they only did it "on stage", there's still got to be a reason that they chose that route.

christine55
10-21-2006, 11:07 PM
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/hoovernixon.jpg

Helen MC
10-22-2006, 06:30 AM
David Beckham, English Soccer Star and former Team Captain wore a sarong and his wife Victoria (Posh Spice) Adams' panties.

Singer Rod Stewart is also said to wear women's panties, usually his girlfriends'.

KathrynTX
10-22-2006, 09:27 AM
What about Johnny Depp? I just read something about him and CD, but I couldn't quite make out what it was they were getting at.

He did appear in several scenes "Ed Wood" clad in angora sweater, skirt, and heels.

Kate Simmons
10-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Ericka Richards was one. Famous around these parts anyway.:heehee: Ericka/Rich

Jestina
10-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Here is one you may not believe but I was researching recently this very question.

When I stumbled across an actual book available on Amazon.com

Here is a cover pic:

(There I hope that worked)

A small quote here:

"It's not whether you wear frilly panties," Steigelberg's quotes Wayne as saying, "but what you do when you take them off at the end of the day that defines you as a man."

If anyone wants to read all of the review I do have it saved.
I will post it her just say so.

THis is Jestina in a rare "short winded" moment.

But really now...John Wayne?
Well, in a twist of irony, Myron Steigelberg was Waynes accountant and close friend.

Here I am replying to this post while still dressed in my typical night attire.
(silks and panties)

While sleeping on my couch is MY ACCOUNTANT
and long time close friend...
Who is oblivious to my "other" wardrobe.

But still life is wierd and then gets strange.

OK then!!!

Jestina.

Jammie Lyann
10-22-2006, 10:17 AM
My favorite Actor Robin Williams
( got to meet in person when my son was in UCFS Ca.)

Im not saying he is a CDer , but he did play :D in/as Mrs. Doubtfire,
a gay man in the Bird Cage, an a small part ( geglo I think) Too Wong Foo
I know he likes to Dress oddly for TV, saw him on a talk show other night an was wearing black suit with purple lining, he made a few comments about it , however when I saw him in person he was wearing a grey sweat shirt -plad ( yuk ) slacks an had about 3 days growth on his face, he was handing out stuff toys to all the children at the hoisptal. from what I was told buy one of the nurses he does that every year,

Not sure of his off screen name , but Klinger from the Mash, dressed for the camera many times :rolleyes:

and dont for get my all time favorite musical , with Tim Curry think thats how he got started in show biz - Rocky Horror Pictuer Show

Ginger62
10-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Hello Girls,

This thread sparked a memory of a Tom Petty video where he is reportedly "en femme" and singing backup to himself!

In 1994, Tom Petty released "Wildflowers". Track 2 of that album is titled "You Don't Know How It Feels". The video to this song won the "Best Male Vocal Video" of the year in 1995.

When I first saw this video on MTV or VH1, the Veejay said that the gorgeous woman who does the walk-on and sings back up is actually Tom Petty dressed as a woman! LOL! Here's the link:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/petty_tom/artist.jhtml

I showed this video to my wife and she was in awe. She said that she did see a resemblence to each other. Curious.

I never did hear any refutations about this claim. Watch for yourselves and then you decide!

Hugs,

Ginger

Snookums
10-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Hello Girls,

This thread sparked a memory of a Tom Petty video where he is reportedly "en femme" and singing backup to himself!

In 1994, Tom Petty released "Wildflowers". Track 2 of that album is titled "You Don't Know How It Feels". The video to this song won the "Best Male Vocal Video" of the year in 1995.

When I first saw this video on MTV or VH1, the Veejay said that the gorgeous woman who does the walk-on and sings back up is actually Tom Petty dressed as a woman! LOL! Here's the link:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/petty_tom/artist.jhtml

I showed this video to my wife and she was in awe. She said that she did see a resemblence to each other. Curious.

I never did hear any refutations about this claim. Watch for yourselves and then you decide!

Hugs,

Ginger
the video did not work,site problems

Emily1
10-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Iwould like to think of George Bush embracing his femenine side - it might help him to stop invading countries and killing people willy nilly ...:hugs:

StephanieCD
10-22-2006, 03:01 PM
I read in several places that one of the Wachowski brothers (the writers of the Matrix movies) was possibly a transitioning tg. I read that he shows no outward signs (dressing in public) but has been slowly getting a more hairless, tweezed look, and once showed up to an opening wearing large hoop earrings and a very femme outfit. It's rumored that he has a professional domme girlfriend and there's been some secrecy about where his money went. Blah blah blah.

I don't know it's a fact but he's the most current case I can think of that has someone in the limelight who appears to be in the closet and reluctant to come out about dressing and gender issues.

The cases where it's someone who dresses largely on camera I think might be misleading because a lot of times I think they do it for the laughs, ya know?

Amy Hepker
11-05-2006, 03:49 PM
I do remember seeing a tabloid one time that said Charles Bronson wore dresses to school. I read the article and it said that he lived in Pennsylvania when he was a kid and his family did not have a lot of money, so he had to wear his sisters hand-me-downs dresses to school.

tall_brianna
11-05-2006, 04:13 PM
As I was walking the dog yesterday wearing a skin tight pair of low cut jeans, I remembered thinking how this was no different than the stuff glam rockers of the late 80s wore. Bringing to mind... one in particular...

Sebastian Bach - former lead singer for Skid Row and also on some lame reality show recently. Not looking so good now, but in the 80's... Wow it all fits too. I actually saw this tool live in '88 at a double header, Skid Row & Bon Jovi show (my first wife was in heaven). Sebastian exibited all the traits of a repressed closet dresser. Most of his dialogue between songs was about how he was going to kick someone or anothers arse (overcompensating) and the whole time I was thinking how good he would look in a dress. :heehee:

Blonde
11-05-2006, 04:29 PM
No one mentioned Lord Cornbury, a formmer Govenor of NY in the 1800s, whom a support group in Vancouver Canada is named after, the Corbury Society (it was through links there that I found this site). He dressed in drag quite often AND in public.

windycissy
11-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Really, girls....how can you dwell on pop stars and ignore the greatest of them all, Chevalier D'Eon (http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/deon.htm)?

celeste26
11-05-2006, 04:43 PM
It was only political satire that caused that famous painting to be made, it seems he was not a crossdresser. Oh well (as a history major in university I learned this)

Haven't we all seen that famous painting? But political satire was vicious at that time and being a supporter of the British and appointed by the British he came under great social pressure.

One less myth to think about now.

Joy Carter
11-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Iwould like to think of George Bush embracing his femenine side - it might help him to stop invading countries and killing people willy nilly ...:hugs:

Get over it Emily we love our president and no bunch of goofs are going to change our minds. He's only doing what should have been done years ago.

Sorry about taking over the thread but some people just don't realize what's at stake here.

Sedona
11-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Get over it Emily we love our president and no bunch of goofs are going to change our minds. He's only doing what should have been done years ago.

Sorry about taking over the thread but some people just don't realize what's at stake here.

I think you meant to say that you love our president, right? I could say a lot more, but that's something for a different thread.

And, back to it, how about Billy Tipton, who was a jazz musician and hid the fact that he was a GG partially to be able to obtain work and respect in that male dominated field.

Brianne_bc
11-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Canadian motorcycle roadracer Mike Duff who is now Michelle Duff

trannie T
11-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Well, there's me, too bad I'm still deep in the closet.

Sissy_in_pink
11-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Australian motoring icon Peter Wherrett who use to be the host of a motoring show called "Torque" on the ABC in Sydney, also liked to dress up in women's clothing. There was a special about him on TV years ago.:thumbsup:

Amy Hepker
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I am surprised that so many people have added to this thread. Keep it up.

MJ
11-05-2006, 09:54 PM
lets not forget Elmer Fudd,Bugs Bunny,the Roadrunner,and my hero Wyle E. Coyote,Super Genius.There had to be some kind of hidden message in those cartoons where the character dressed in womens clothes.:eek: subliminal brainwshing?

so thats what is wrong with me... it was the cartoons that did it

Melinda G
11-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Flip Wilson was hilarious as Geraldine.
And I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Dame Edna.:D

Beth-GDB
11-05-2006, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't be in a hurry to cite Barry Humphries/Dame Edna. I think the point of the original question was famous people who crossdress as a personal lifestyle choice either in or out of the public eye (eg Edgar Hoover).

Dame Edna is a professional female impersonation stage act rather than a personal lifestyle choice of Barry Humphries (I've never heard of any speculation on Barry's private clothing choices and I've live in his home town for over 20 years now). If you include Dame Edna you pretty much gave to include every other female impersonation stage act as well, even going as far as the entire cast of Monty Python's Flying Circus (who all impersonated little old ladies in various sketches and movies they filmed over the years).

Rachael Turner
11-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Scarlet johannson. She even looked hot as a guy.

kateyliz
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm surprised that noone has mentioned Arnold the "Governator" in that movie where he played a fertility scientist that got pregnant. Hugs, Kathy

Sasha Anne Meadows
11-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Someone mentioned J.Edgar Hoover as a cross dresser. I hated the man but he was probably not a crossdresser. There was in incident where a woman threated to tell people that he was a cross dresser as a means of blackmail. Knowing Hoover he conducted a thorough investigation and the woman was discredited. There is even a book on this subject. Oliver Stone memorialized the myth in Kennety. Just adding my two cents.

Hugs

Sasha Anne

JoAnnDallas
11-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I know these people are not famous, but durn WWII, US/Canadian/British prisoners used to pass the time putting on plays for the other prisoners. Many of the actors did female part, including dress as a female. My Uncle was a POW in WWII and told me many stories where some of his fellow prisioners were actos in these plays.

tightsgirl
11-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Pete Barnes From Dead Or Alive has made almost a complete transformation.

loki_uk
11-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Not forgetting the rock stars that have appeared on stage or on album covers in womens clothes...Led Zep, Ozzy, U2, Nirvana, Queen, Meat Loaf, Aerosmith etc etc

joanne_mi
11-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Not forgetting the rock stars that have appeared on stage or on album covers in womens clothes...Led Zep, Ozzy, U2, Nirvana, Queen, Meat Loaf, Aerosmith etc etc

There are many indications that Kurt Cobain was a crossdresser (in more cases that just the video to "In Bloom"). I've read quite a few things that would lead one to believe he in fact was.

I wonder if it was a factor in his suicide?

Marcia-B
11-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Pete Burns is interesting looking like he does and still calling himself Pete .Wearing womens clothes,having a feminine face and still identifying as a man.

loki_uk
11-06-2006, 05:53 PM
There are many indications that Kurt Cobain was a crossdresser (in more cases that just the video to "In Bloom"). I've read quite a few things that would lead one to believe he in fact was.

I wonder if it was a factor in his suicide?

That and he used to wear a dress on stage quite often, don't know about the suicide considering the circumstances I think there will always be some doubt over whether it really was suicide..it was far too convenient with an impending divorce plus it was unlikely he was in a state to be able to shoot himself with a shotgun

Danni Barron
11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Who is old enough to remember the great synthesizer music of Walter Carlos - as in "Switched-On Bach" for one.

Fully transitioned to Wendy Carlos, and kept up the great works...:2c:

jjjjohanne
11-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Mel Gibson was on Regis and Kathy Lee talking about Mel's new movie, "What women want." Mel wears pantyhose in the movie. Regis volunteered that he enjoyed wearing pantyhose. A woman made some wierd sound in the audience and Regis realized what he just said and he qualified it with how he wouled dress as Kathy Lee for Halloween on the show.

So, it's not just me that likes them!

Sexy_Jennifer
11-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Let's not forget good old Eddie Gein for taking cross-dressing to new extremes!

thea
11-10-2006, 11:33 PM
I've read that Cary Grant enjoyed wearing women's silk underpants.

For someone current (but not so famous, though from a famous family) Alexis Arquette.

Sweet Susan
11-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Scandolf Rott.

Theresa(TGirl)
11-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Hmm, Bon Scott of AC/DC while singing Baby Please Don't Go, as included on Family Jewels

Helen MC
11-11-2006, 06:51 PM
I've read that Cary Grant enjoyed wearing women's silk underpants.

From what I have read so did Winston Churchill. I don't blame him either even if he wasn't a TV. In the UK mens underpants in those days were horrible, either Long Johns or baggy white shorts with flappy legs, no gusset to support the gonads and a horrid vertical slot to use when peeing. YEUCH :puke:

Jessicainme
11-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Dr Renee Richards, played tennis as a woman..early 70's if I rember right

Khriss
11-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Here is one you may not believe but I was researching recently this very question.

When I stumbled across an actual book available on Amazon.com

Here is a cover pic:

(There I hope that worked)

A small quote here:

"It's not whether you wear frilly panties," Steigelberg's quotes Wayne as saying, "but what you do when you take them off at the end of the day that defines you as a man."

If anyone wants to read all of the review I do have it saved.
I will post it her just say so.

THis is Jestina in a rare "short winded" moment.

But really now...John Wayne?
Well, in a twist of irony, Myron Steigelberg was Waynes accountant and close friend.

Here I am replying to this post while still dressed in my typical night attire.
(silks and panties)

While sleeping on my couch is MY ACCOUNTANT
and long time close friend...
Who is oblivious to my "other" wardrobe.

But still life is wierd and then gets strange.

OK then!!!

Jestina.

... DO NOT MESS WITH THE DUKE !!!
... while they agree "He" had a strange "gate" while walking..
...omg ! I"m 6'4" TOO ! ...:eek: :D oopswetmypanties...hehe xx"K"
,and as far as "Sebastian Bach"..when does being a " whiney pussy" hair or not .. and being a "bitch" qualify anyone as a crosstresser ??:eek: :devil:
..he's just a c*$nt ...

Jestina
11-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Someone mentioned Michelle Duff (formerly Michael)

I have met and spoken with Michelle several times at motorcycle events over the years first as Michael then after a while of absence I met Michelle.
Both nice people.

Say Khriss, when you say "... DO NOT MESS WITH THE DUKE !!!"
Do you mean we should respect his choice of panties?
Maybe we should buy his accountants memoirs and find out.

Jestina

Billie Jean
11-13-2006, 03:22 PM
No mention of Uncle Milty and his CDing back in the fifties on his variety show. Billie Jean