PDA

View Full Version : Ebbs and Flows of Dressing

Jenny
05-26-2004, 07:31 AM
I have a question. Do any of the rest of you experience ebbs and flows in your dressing? As I have said in other posts, I wear panties everyday. (I bet I have close to 150 pairs of girl's undies -- including thongs, string bikinis, regular bikinis, french cut panties and full-size briefs -- and only about a dozen boy's briefs.) I also often wear girl's jeans as my regular jeans. A lot of times panties and girl's jeans are the only girl's clothes I wear. Because i wear them so often, I often do not even consider myself crossdressed. I may go a week or two and not wear any other type of girl's clothes.

And then all of a sudden, I will have an overwhelming desire to get more dressed up. This past Sunday I bet I had on a half dozen different outfits over the course of the day. I wore miniskirts and tops, short shorts, girl's workout clothes (a unitard), capris and put on several different bras with my forms. It was like I couldn't get enough of dressing up. This feeling has continued into the week. Yesterday for the first time in a long time I wore a bra to work along with my girl jeans and panties. I played golf after work and wore a bra to do that too. Today I am planning on wearing another bra to work (I have some bras that fit me naturally without breast forms -- they are size 38aa or 40a). I will probably wear a pair of victoria secret jeans and a string bikini or thong. I am so excited over this idea of being secretly dressed. I so want to let "Jenny" out of the house.

This isn't the first time this super-strong urge has swept over me and I know it won't be the last time. In a day or two, the urge to dress will return to its more normal level. But for right now dressing up is almost the only thing I can think of.

So does anyone else have these kinds of swings in their dressing up?

Jenny (the confused crossdresser) :confused:

Jill
05-26-2004, 07:43 AM
I go through those types of things too.... a few weeks ago I didn't feel like dressing up at all and I didn't for nearly two weeks. Other times, I can't get it off my mind and I feel like getting all decked out, stepping outside and showing the whole world. It's a good thing I don't follow all my impulses.

lizzy b
05-26-2004, 07:53 AM
I'm the same way...I've been able to pretty much dress full time these past few weeks as I'm between jobs at the moment, and I feel as though I've gotten it out of my "system" in the sense that I've had this total freedom to do it for this bit of time. I start a new job next week and know this stage shall end, but after a while of being away from it to the extent that I've done it lately, I'm sure I'll feel the urge to get more decked out return.

Julie
05-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Jenny,

Ask any GG if she feels the same way and I'm sure the majority will say "yes". It takes a lot of work (more so for us) to get all dolled up. The feeling you experience when you achieve the look you want is very satisfying, bordering on euphoric for me sometimes. But the process requires time and attention to detail. Some days we just don't feel up to it. Maybe it's just a lazy day or, for us, the window of opportunity is too small to justify all the work.

So I wouldn't put too much into the ups and downs. It just means you are like any other girl. The only difference is they get to show the world the results of all that hard work! https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/graphics/moviestar.gif

Julie

Summer
05-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Jenny,
When you wear the undie all the time all you are experiencing is the natural felling anyone would. If you want the thrill of dressing. You need not to do it all the time. I on the other hand don't have any male undie so I have no choice. It is natural when you dress in GG clothes every day, not to have the thrill. On the other hand when it is natural it is satifying thing to know you achieved the ultimate goal in you mind. The mind is a wonderful thing.
Who Knew.
Summer

CDKathy
05-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi Jenny,

Talk about ups and downs... I just came out of a period where I didn’t even put on panties for nearly 3 months. Nothing but guy clothes the whole time. Maybe it had to do with the long Vermont winter.

But, as the snow melted and things started warming up, so did Kathy. Just panties under my “man” clothes at first but now I’m back to the girl’s jeans & T-shirts panties and bras. Even girl’s socks and athletic shoes.

Over the years, I have found these ebbs and flows to just be a part of life. Most are not as long or severe as the period I just had.

On the other hand, from spring of last year through the fall, I NEVER wore a piece of men’s clothing below the waist. And above the waist I wore unisex T-shirts with a bra whenever I could get away with it.

My present situation is that I’ve been between jobs and taking care of my elderly parents for the past couple of years. I believe they know of my cross dressing since they caught me at it many times in my teen years. But now it is sort of “Don’t ask, don’t tell”. They are here 24/7 and so am I. Therefore I have to go for the Plain Jane look.

So, don’t worry about which side of your personality seems to be dominant or for how long. They will both come and go. Just enjoy each of them as they are both YOU!

CDKathy

PaulaJeanette
05-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Jenny:

My crossdressing also flows like the tides. Some days, I wear A LOT of lingerie while on others, I totally satisfied just with in a bra, panty, and some type of leg covering either pantyhose or garterbelt and stockings.

As the other gals have stated, we're humans with special needs. To most of us, to run our hands over our bodies that are encased in exquisite feminine finery...satin, nylon, rayon, whatever the material...cup our breasts, feel the swish of a slip against our stockings or pantyhose covered legs, glance at our female image in mirrors...is so satisfying.

Although my crossdressing has been a burden throughout my life, in retrospect, the older I get, I don't think I'd change it. I like this. I look forward to the day when I be able to do it more often and on those occasions, it'll be either fully-clothed or just one or two pieces, or something in-between.

Which ever it is, I'll simply enjoy my feminine yearnings for as long as possible.

Paula J.

Rachel_740
05-26-2004, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=PaulaJeanette]
As the other gals have stated, we're humans with special needs. To most of us, to run our hands over our bodies that are encased in exquisite feminine finery...satin, nylon, rayon, whatever the material...cup our breasts, feel the swish of a slip against our stockings or pantyhose covered legs, glance at our female image in mirrors...is so satisfying.
QUOTE]

I'll second that statement PaulaJeanette, I just love to look at myself, run my hands over my bum in a sexy skirt & panties, look at myself in my wig in the rear view mirror when I'm driving :cool:

Jenny
07-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would let you all know I am in another flow of dressing. I am really enjoying dressing in summer clothes: short shorts, miniskirts, skorts, swimsuits, the whole shebang!!! I really do think summer is my favorite time for fashions. :D

Scaredsis
07-23-2004, 01:05 PM
I think it happens to all of us. In my case it has to do with guilt. Maybe someday it will not matter(don't think so), then I will not have that feeling.
Until then I will always question my feelings and inclinations. :confused:

Jocee
07-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Jenny,

I think you are not alone...... I've talked to a lot of friends about this phenom and I myself ebb and flow all the time.....

First of all, like you I dress to some extent every day -- having progressed from underdressing (panties and camis or womens tshirts) to sometimes wearing womens jeans and slacks, sometimes a blouse or shirt, and in the fall and winter sometimes women's sweater or blazer.... I've even started carrying a clutch "purse" (more of a manbag that is popular in Europe) for my cell phone, car keys, and PDA. On top of that I also wear women's perfume from time to time......

But, that is in boy-mode.....

Doing the full girl thing ebbs and flows considerably. Back in January, I suddenly found myself unemployed. As a result I dressed every day for a couple of months, except when interviewing for a job. Now that I'm working again, I have not dressed much at all this summer.... and find that I have not missed it that much......

Times of personal stress, are "up" times for me.... dressing fully is my relaxation and perhaps, escapist, therapy.....

When things are going smoothly, I don't feel the need to dress completely.....

So, I tend to ebb and flow based on how my life is going.....

Joanna

ChristineRenee
07-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Christine always has her periods of being dormant...but she always seems to return in our time of need. Like I told my wife once, she is always there inside with me...and she will NOT be ignored or go away...EVER. I can go for days...sometimes weeks at a time, but I find that Christine is so vital to my overall well being and comfort, that I need her sometimes even more than I realize. She is my strength and the very best of what the whole package that comprises me has to offer to the world. I think better when she is there, I work better, I just feel I am more of a complete and well-rounded (pun intended!) person because of Christine. Because of her, I feel very special...and lucky...indeed.

Peace & Love,

Christine

ChristineRenee
07-23-2004, 07:12 PM
I have a question. Do any of the rest of you experience ebbs and flows in your dressing? As I have said in other posts, I wear panties everyday. (I bet I have close to 150 pairs of girl's undies -- including thongs, string bikinis, regular bikinis, french cut panties and full-size briefs -- and only about a dozen boy's briefs.) I also often wear girl's jeans as my regular jeans. A lot of times panties and girl's jeans are the only girl's clothes I wear. Because i wear them so often, I often do not even consider myself crossdressed. I may go a week or two and not wear any other type of girl's clothes.

And then all of a sudden, I will have an overwhelming desire to get more dressed up. This past Sunday I bet I had on a half dozen different outfits over the course of the day. I wore miniskirts and tops, short shorts, girl's workout clothes (a unitard), capris and put on several different bras with my forms. It was like I couldn't get enough of dressing up. This feeling has continued into the week. Yesterday for the first time in a long time I wore a bra to work along with my girl jeans and panties. I played golf after work and wore a bra to do that too. Today I am planning on wearing another bra to work (I have some bras that fit me naturally without breast forms -- they are size 38aa or 40a). I will probably wear a pair of victoria secret jeans and a string bikini or thong. I am so excited over this idea of being secretly dressed. I so want to let "Jenny" out of the house.

This isn't the first time this super-strong urge has swept over me and I know it won't be the last time. In a day or two, the urge to dress will return to its more normal level. But for right now dressing up is almost the only thing I can think of.

So does anyone else have these kinds of swings in their dressing up?

Jenny (the confused crossdresser) :confused:Christine longs for the day when she can come out from behind the "male drag" she is forced by society to present to the outside world on a day-to-day basis, and be the true person...yes, I said PERSON, that she really is.

Jenny, our day WILL come...maybe later rather than sooner, sad as that is to contemplate. But change of this significance often takes time, and I mean generational time. I will say this however. GG's will know that they have achieved the true equality with genetic men that they seek, when people such as ourselves can walk in society...head held high...in the clothing of our choice...and nobody...and I mean NOBODY...bats a masculine or feminine eyelash. Then we will know we are ALL equal in each other's eyes....and that's as it should be, right girls?

Peace...Love...& Harmony!

Christine

Rikee
07-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi Jenny
I too go thru the same thing. I find that it can be a very powerful feeling sometimes to the point where its on my mind all the time. Sometimes I find all it takes is trying on a new dress or skirt or something and then you just run with it and have to try it with all your other clothes to see how it looks. Then it sets off a spark and away you go. Other times it just kind of creeps up on you out of nowhere. I think the main thing is that your always having fun being enfemme.

Collette
07-25-2004, 05:17 AM
I do too. Collette

Jenny
03-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I started this thread almost a year ago now when I was in a blaze of crossdressing frenzy. I couldn't get enough of it. For those of you who may have noticed, I haven't been a participant in the forum for several months now. The reason is that I am in the biggest "ebb" since I first started crossdressing more than a dozen years ago. I am not sure what is going on with me but I have been absolutely uninterested in dressing now for the past 2-3 months. Even down to my selection of underwear. Where before I always wore panties of some kind, for the past several weeks (since the first of February I would say) I have been wearing only Jockeys --AND THEY ARE MEN'S STYLES.

What is happening to me? Is Jenny disappearing for good? I still have my closets and dressers full of girl's clothes but I hardly ever -- never? - think about putting them on. It is the strangest feeling. :confused:

It is good to see the forum is going so well with so many new members and countless new threads. I see where even some of the threads I started months ago still get replies every now and then. I wish the forum and all of its members the best of luck. Maybe some day I will be back in more full force. I do hope so cause I have met so many nice people here and hate to lose contact with them. Including with the other part of me - Jenny.
:(

DonnaT
03-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Glad you checked back in Jenny.

Who knows the mysteries of the mind? There are others that have mentioned not dressing for long spells. How does 8 yrs sound :eek: (not me)?

I wear panties all the time too, and sometimes the urge to dress becomes stronger.

I would think with all the panties you own you'd not have any room for jockeys :D

whether or not you get the urge again any time soon or in a few years, you can still maintain contact here. No rules to CDing and no requirement that you have to be a current CDer to post here. :)

Tamara Croft
03-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Hiya Jenny, what ever happens in your life, you will always be a part of everyones life here and will always be welcome here. Many girls go through the same thing as you do, my partner Tammy did for a while. Now shes back, flaunting her stuff LOL. Take care.

Tamara x

Sharon
03-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Jenny,
I think we all go through these phases occasionally, although they may not last as long as yours. I have seen posts made by girls who quit dressing for ten or twenty years, so a few months is nothing too unusual. I commend you for not purging though. Wouldn't you just hate yourself if you decide at some point that you want to don something frilly again, and you had nothing to put on?
The forum will always be here whenever you want to visit, or become an active member again, even though the membership may change in the meantime.
Whatever you end up doing, I wish you the best and much happiness.

Richelle
03-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Jenny,

You are not along in going through ebbs of cross-dressing. And NO, I do not believe Jenny is disappearing. She is always part of you.

I my opinion, you are just very comfortable with who you are gender wise. You do not need to wear panties to feel good about yourself. Just relax and enjoy your life. If you feel like wearing feminine clothes to do, if not do not.

Also, remember that we are always here for you

Richelle

Hi,

I started this thread almost a year ago now when I was in a blaze of crossdressing frenzy. I couldn't get enough of it. For those of you who may have noticed, I haven't been a participant in the forum for several months now. The reason is that I am in the biggest "ebb" since I first started crossdressing more than a dozen years ago. I am not sure what is going on with me but I have been absolutely uninterested in dressing now for the past 2-3 months. Even down to my selection of underwear. Where before I always wore panties of some kind, for the past several weeks (since the first of February I would say) I have been wearing only Jockeys --AND THEY ARE MEN'S STYLES.

What is happening to me? Is Jenny disappearing for good? I still have my closets and dressers full of girl's clothes but I hardly ever -- never? - think about putting them on. It is the strangest feeling. :confused:

It is good to see the forum is going so well with so many new members and countless new threads. I see where even some of the threads I started months ago still get replies every now and then. I wish the forum and all of its members the best of luck. Maybe some day I will be back in more full force. I do hope so cause I have met so many nice people here and hate to lose contact with them. Including with the other part of me - Jenny.
:(

Julie
03-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Jenny, thanks for checking in again and updating us on how things are with you. I often see your old threads as I trawl through this place and wonder where you were and how you were doing.

As you can see the present ebb you're now going through isn't out of place and many here have experienced it.

Take care of yourself and pop in again.

JJ

wendy
03-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I don't get a chance to wear women's garments all the time, so I don't have that 'ebb' where I never want to dress up. In fact, the urge to CD has been higher than ever.

sidney_girl
03-18-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm to the point now where I wear women's garments almost exclusively. Sometimes I'm content to wear more androgynous clothing (but always from the women's side of the store). At other times the urge to dress in a more feminine manner is overwhelming! When that happens, I indulge the urge. But then after awhile, I'll go back to the androgynous look, mainly because it requires a lot less effort (especially since I dare not put on really feminine clothing until I'm out of the house--my wife doesn't know about my CDing). So I guess this is my version of ebbing and flowing.

Oh, and one other thing. Sometimes (maybe for a day, maybe for a few days, maybe for a couple of weeks at a time) I feel the need to crossdress--wear male clothes, that is. Notice that I said "male" clothes, not "men's". You see, I can't seem to bring myself to ever wear men's clothing voluntarily. Instead, I opt for garments from the boys' department. A lot of them aren't nearly as drab and boring as the stuff they sell in men's stores. :confused:

Katie Boundary
03-18-2005, 09:56 PM
I haven't dressed in weeks. I feel that it's important that I control my dressing rather than it me.

That said, that's not the reason I haven't dressed in weeks. :(

kristi cd
03-19-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm glad to see you still around Jenny even if it's not as much as before. I know exactly what you're going though. I don't know if it's school or family or just life, but I've been in the same boat since well before Christmas. I'm just now starting to "re-emerge" so to speak and contacting my "old" friends from here and elsewhere after the longest period of "inactivity" I can remember. Just hang in there and Jenny will come back again before you know it. Whatever you do, don't purge and get rid of the extensive wardrobe I'm sure you've accumulated, and always remember we're here for you, no matter what. :)

Hugs!
Kristi ;)

KellyNoviceCDnj
03-19-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't believe right now i have a desire to dress full time , Work makes it impossible anyway and i don't have an issue looking natural as a male , there is a comfort in just waking up and being male without having to play a part , yet i do get a rush when i do dress in femme , i love to shop for femme clothes and lingerie , If i have the chance to get some time away from work i would like to try to dress in femme 24/7 for a week and experience the lifestyle ! I consider my desire to dress in femme a fetish not a lifestlye at this point , i love the feeling yet i am aware of the law of diminishing returns , the more you do something the less aura it has !
Thats my story right now !
Kelly

Serena
03-19-2005, 11:15 PM
I feel this way sometimes. Most of the time I'm able to get away with girl's pants, that are dark enough to pass as guy's, with panties underneath, then a unisex shirt. But now that I'm getting a better wardrobe I'm wanting to go full out more often.

JanineSoCal
03-20-2005, 12:23 AM
and ebbing more toward what a born-female of my age, height, weight and body style might wear. The ebb and flow to and from complete and ultra-feminine dress to a time content to wear a few items seems to be, for me, related to years crossdressing and age. Crossdressing becoming much less of a sexual event, and more of a being preferred.

When I was married, I would starve myself and dress very little (wife did not know, and was limited to hotels and business trips), When the opportunity arose, I was highly charged and dressed as fully and exotically as I could. Now that I am divorced and work from home, I have the opportunity some days to be dressed all day and night. It is much less sexual and more of a normal ebb and flow akin to what a gg or full-time crossdresser might experience (the exotica and fetish desire will always have a much stronger ebb than a ggs, I think). Times with minimal feminine attire makes wearing the best of Victoria's Secret or sometype of fetish wear much more enjoyable when not worn less often.

In fact, the have been times (not measured) but I believe that there have been a few times (late teens, early twenties) where a year or two passed with no female dressing. This is not an unusual life experience for a crossdresser to have, but the desire returns stronger and more pronounced every time.

XO,

Janine

Sherlyn
03-20-2005, 12:49 AM
All the time jenny .. like right now ..i dress at every oppurtunity .... but i go threw periods of totaly not wanting too... days perhaps weeks.. i'm different than you tho ..i never where female clothing under my male clothes i am totatly sherlyn or him ..no in betweenies

Nanci
03-20-2005, 01:02 AM
I don't get a chance to wear women's garments all the time, so I don't have that 'ebb' where I never want to dress up. In fact, the urge to CD has been higher than ever.

I'm in that kind of situation, too. I don't have many opportunities to dress because of my family life and a partner who doesn't want to know anything about my urge to crossdress. In fact, I can go weeks without even putting on a pair of panties. My clothes are locked away, safely out of sight in the basement, for my own protection, so I can't just grab something on a whim and try it on.

But that doesn't mean my desire to dress ever goes away. It just goes unrealized for long periods of time. The subject stays on my mind, however, and because of that, I check in here as often as I can. I'm dressing up with you girls in my fantasies every day! ;)

Nanci

Melissa_Kate
03-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Jenny,

When I first lived on my own I used to dress up almost everyday after work and on weekends, I would spend just about the whole weekend dressed up. Then as time went on , I went through stages were I would only dress maybe once or twice a week, then once a fortnight then not at all for a few months.

My wife and I used to have regular dress up nights , mostly every weekend, and not long after we moved to another area my health got very bad ,in fact it got to the stage where I was not sure if I would make it, but anyway during that time I hadn't dressed up for almost 3 years . I am only just starting to dress up again and enjoying every minute doing so.

Love Melissa :)

Jenny
03-26-2005, 02:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I want to thank you for your nice supportive replies. I still don't know if and when I will come back into dressing more intensely but it is nice to know this forum will be here when I do. I suppose the fact that I have posted here twice now indicates I may be coming back. ;)

Wendy me
03-26-2005, 07:00 AM
girlfreind how do thay say that.................????????????????????????????? ???????
oh ok ........we will leave the light on for you .................

RachelDenise
03-26-2005, 07:41 AM
I know that there are times when I have urges to dress and other times when the feeling is lessened. Throw in the times when I can't dress and it becomes an interesting conflict of emotions. Those of us who can dress with freedom probably notice these periods easily because of the changes in their usual routines. I would love to have more time to dress but I wonder if these periods would hit me as hard if I was dressing all the time.....

Tristen Cox
03-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone,

I want to thank you for your nice supportive replies. I still don't know if and when I will come back into dressing more intensely but it is nice to know this forum will be here when I do. I suppose the fact that I have posted here twice now indicates I may be coming back. ;)
Wow Jenny, I really am happy to see you here again. You were such an inspiration to us for such a long time last year. I hope things will get sorted for you, and you always have a place here whenever you choose to return full or part-time. You've earned that much. Take good care of yourself.

*hugs*
T