PDA

View Full Version : Need a little advice

Jill
05-26-2004, 07:33 AM
Okay everyone, I need a little guidance and support. It was about a year and half ago that I accepted myself for who I was and told myself that I was a crossdresser, plain and simple. Ever since then, I have been total gung ho about it, and I have since purchased hundreds of dollars in girl stuff online. But for some reason, I have been very reluctant to get a wig. I like things in my life to be in moderation, there is nothing that is really excessive, I think that is a healthy thing. In my mind, getting a wig would be crossing the line. I don't want crossdressing to consume my entire life, and I feel like by getting a wig, I would be on my way to what I don't want. But as I see them online and how pretty they are and how it might make things more fun, sometimes I want to go for it. So what do all of you think about this subject? What do you think I should or shouldn't do? What have been your experiences?

~Tammy~
05-26-2004, 07:46 AM
Hiya Jill,

I think its really your own choice on how far you want to go. A decent wig can be expensive, so it depends on how often you may use it.
I get my wigs out maybe once a month when I get fully dressed up with make-up and all. The rest of the time I just wear casual clothes, skirts, tops & stockings and can't be bothered to mess about with wigs and make-up. It can take an hour or so to get the look right, just to have to take it all off again later.
I just love the feel & look of long hair, so If I going to get all dressed up I feel I just don't look the part without some nice hair on my head and shoulders.
I'm hoping to get a new wig very soon, as many girls here know I'm planning a new photo shoot next week, so I want to look the part.

Hope this helps

Luv

~Tammy~

lizzy b
05-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Hi Jenny...it is a difficult decision to make and hopefully the other girls here will give you different points of view to help you along in whatever you decide to do...I've been fortunate in that I have rather long hair to begin with and can do a few "things" with it that make it look as feminine as though I was wearing a wig. I do have a couple of wigs for when I want a longer look or a different color. Why do you necessarily feel as though you would be "crossing the line" if you wear a wig?

CDKathy
05-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi Jill,

I have a very limited budget so I bought a couple of nice but relatively simple styled shoulder length wigs a while back. They are both synthetic.

Like Tammy, I only bring one of them out when I am feeling a bit more feminine than usual. ;) Also by keeping the look simple, I can just put the wig on, brush it out and I'm good to go in a few minutes.

Since I haven't decided to part with my beard and I only dress up in private, I don't do the makeup thing (yet).

Hope this helps!

CDKathy

Summer
05-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Jill,
Personal opinion is you won't feel complete till you have a wig or grow you hair out. It is the one thing that set us apart from the other gender at first glance.
If you do get a wig. Wait till you can afford a good one. They are very expensive. And if you do learn how to take care of them. They are harderer to take care of than you may think. Before I grew my own out. I too had the wig decession.
Summer :) :)

Julie
05-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Jill,

Okay, this is just me, but I can't get fully dressed without a wig. The first wig I bought was with my wife about 20 years ago. I was sitting in the store in front of a mirror when I tried it on. UGH! It did nothing for me! The sales girl said, "When you have makeup on it will look much better". The first time I was made up and put the wig on I was like WOW! https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/graphics/summer8.gif Did I "cross the line" or maybe what you are saying is reach a point of no return? No. I was in my early 30's then and it wasn't til about 10 years later that I made the step to join Tri-Ess where I went out once a month to meetings and sometimes to clubs afterwards. Then the kids got older and that had to stop. So another 10 years went by with maybe a half a dozen full dress up days, even though I had plenty of opportunities to do it more.

Everything depends on your personality and how important CDing is to you. For me it's an integral part of me that if removed would be like losing an arm or leg. So it rates pretty high with me. Yet I still function quite well as a husband, father and co-worker. Everyone is different so I can't know how it would be for you. It was just a natural step to me.

One thing I need to feel after a dress up day is a sense of satisfaction. The greater that sense the happier I am. That carries over into my guy life and others around me get to enjoy the inner peace I project due to that feeling. It turns into an "everyone wins" scenario. Without the wig I doubt I would be anywhere near that level of satisfaction. And no, my own hair just won't do. It used to be salt and pepper but now it's mostly salt!

The wig I am wearing in my avatar is this one http://store6.yimg.com/I/about-wigs_1792_27475465. I just bought it recently and even though it's synthetic it's absolutely beautiful! And yes, I posed for that picture above too :D. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.wigs.net/wigimagination.html

Now that I've rambled on incessantly and probably totally confused you I'l go quietly back to my lair. :rolleyes:

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/Julie_sig.gif

Rachel_740
05-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Hi Jill,

I dress because I like the feel and look of female clothing, they are very comfortable to wear, skirts hanging down softly on my legs etc.

I have hever really looked anything as a guy, not really having much self esteem, or making the effort to do anything about improving myself (as a guy) in this respect.

When I get dressed (which is now daily, and I'm getting more confident in going out dressed), although I frequently don't do make-up because of the time it takes - and very often I get dressed in the car on my way home from somewhere else, and it's not practical to do in the car - I do like to make myself look and feel pretty and at least go some way to looking the part (I know I'll never pass). Part of this to me is adding the hair. As a guy, I do sweat alot and so have my own hair short, but I do have a bit of a 'hair fetish' and love long hair - the look, feel, just running my fingers through it - and so the hair has to be a part of dressing for me, more so than make-up.

I think with my dressing I am trying to acheive my 'ideal lady', and I dress to suit that image in my own mind.

If that doesn't help you in your own decision, at least it gives you an idea of how I look on my dressing.

Gabrielle
05-26-2004, 05:32 PM
I wish I could grow my own hair. Alas, I am majorly balding. :o

I have been looking for a wig for some time now, but whenever I see one I like, I am hesitant to get it for the fear of it being a disappointment when I would actually get it. :(

I would need to find a place where there would be some I would like and that I could actually try them. But they are rare and few between here. :cool:

I am hoping on going for a trip to a major city this summer and finding something there.
:p