PDA

View Full Version : Difficult dressing tasks

Brianne_bc
01-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Mine has to be the back zipper of a dress and also the back garter of one of my many open bottom girdles.. I can usually get one done with one hand the the other one is a real bear at times... oh the things I go to to dress like a tart

Rebecca_Annette
01-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Bras!
I can never fasten them 'behind my back'. I'm sure folks here may understand?

krisla
01-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Putting hose on after my corset is tight, bending to touch my toes becomes very hard

perfume
01-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Mine has to be the back zipper of a dress and also the back garter of one of my many open bottom girdles.. I can usually get one done with one hand the the other one is a real bear at times... oh the things I go to to dress like a tart

i have had trouble with gartersin the back, but if you grt thr metal ones there alot easier, and you will find out there no trouble at all. i get the four gater belts, i have the six but there unnessery. dresses are another subject all to gether. my big trouble is jewelery. all my necklesses. are so hard to hook. i have long finger nails and there inpossible. what do you or any one else think iam heart broken, when i cant were the jewels i want. how about you other dressers/

perfume
01-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Putting hose on after my corset is tight, bending to touch my toes becomes very hard

i have find out that i put my nylons on first. then my girdle or corset. when you pull up you girdle, you usually pull your nylons up as well. i very rearly wear panty hose. except tonight. i have a very short skirt on, i do not want my garters showing when i sit down, i like that clean look. when i being loked at from accross the room i want a clean look. you know what i meeN LOVE PERFUME

trannie T
01-20-2007, 08:57 PM
One of our problems is that as we grew up as boys our mothers never showed us the little tricks of women's clothing. I too have problems with those little hooks and am still pretty clueless about makeup.

susie evans
01-20-2007, 10:12 PM
i tryto keep it simple if it gets to complicated it slows up my enfemme time and we can't have that because it has the trickel down effect for shopping/dinner/movies or what ever the activity is :heehee: :heehee:

susie

Karren H
01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Funy though.... everything I wear fits well and I have no problems putting on or taking off....

Karren

Amy Hepker
01-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Oh Karren your just a show off! I usally don't have to much trouble with anything. I just take it in stride and just enjoy the feeling of being Female.

tommi
01-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Getting the make up to look right,something I realy want to learn to do.

marie354
01-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Hooking a bra was the easiest for me. The back zipper took a little longer... Pull dress down in back, zip as far as I could... Pull dress up at neck, and finish the zip. That took a while to master and with some tight dresses you definately need someone else to zip it for you.
Doing things with finger nails was the toughest. I used to use press-ons or glue-ons and never could get the hang of it. When I started growing my own, I gradually learned to use the flat of my fingers instead of the tips. It seemed to happen automatically then.
Typing with finger nails is still a trick. I sometimes hit 2 or 3 keys at the same time. Maybe I should cut them off again and start over. I guess I'll learn eventually.
:hugs:

Kate Simmons
01-21-2007, 05:13 AM
I do pretty well for a guy really. I used to watch my wife a lot and actually paid attention to her doing that stuff, so I know most of the "tricks".:happy:

Suzie S.
01-21-2007, 05:41 AM
For me I'd say getting my wig to look just right would be the most difficult! For years I used to laugh at the 'bad hair day' complaint from GGs, but I now truly know what they meant. In guy mode, if I didn't want to bother with my hair, I'd throw on a baseballl cap. Problem solved! LOL

Suzie S.

Raychel
01-21-2007, 07:34 AM
I have to agree, Those back zippers are a killer. I have a few really nice dresses in my closet that I have never been able to wear. All because of one little zipper. Maybe someday I will be able to get my wife to help me with them.

:hugs: :hugs: :heehee:

Deidra Cowen
01-21-2007, 08:10 AM
When I have my nails on trying to hook necklasses is problematic! :Angry3:

Barbara Nicole
01-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Can't help with the jewelry .however to zip up those pesty back zippers ,just thread a couple of feet of fishing line or similar small string through the eye of the zipper.Make a loop .put on the dress and pull up the zipper with the handy string loop.Works like a charm when you have no-none to help !!

Kahlan51
01-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Can't help with the jewelry .however to zip up those pesty back zippers ,just thread a couple of feet of fishing line or similar small string through the eye of the zipper.Make a loop .put on the dress and pull up the zipper with the handy string loop.Works like a charm when you have no-none to help !!
Good technique. I find I need to get creative at times like that. I wonder why in bras they never use velcro on the surface it would seem to be a good idea. Love Kahlan:straightface:

Daintre
01-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Well showing my age, I find that putting on jewelry is tough, I think they are making the clasps and holes smaller every year. Make-up has always been an issue for me, I have had several make-up lessons, and I practice, read the fashion magazines, but still feel awkward.

TxKimberly
01-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Karen,

That's because your a skinny little rat! <G>
Kim

Funy though.... everything I wear fits well and I have no problems putting on or taking off....

Karren