PDA

View Full Version : Question; Underwire or Softcup

Summer
05-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Calling all Girls, Underwire or Softcup. What is your Bra of choice?
I will reply later with my choice and the reasons.
Pondering. :confused:

Summer

Julie
05-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Underwire all the way! http://www.freshpair.com/itempics/851_XL.jpg

janice487
05-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Underwire for sure

Summer
05-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Julie,
First a hand model now a Bra model, I like your choice. But my question is why do like the underwire best?
Summer

Julie
05-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Summer,

I just like the feel of the fit. Other bras just don't feel like they are made for me (yeah, I know - they aren't!) Maybe it's because I start with less then the cup was intended to hold and end up with more, seeing as the bra does all the keeping in place work as the forms aren't attached to my body.

That brings up another question: Has anyone ever tried masectomy bras? I know they usually aren't as pretty as regular bras but they are designed to do just what we ecpect the regular bras to do.

The train of thought continues

Yesterday I ordered silicone push-up pillows. I have enough to create some cleavage and am hoping the pillows will do the trick. It was one size fits all and I think the pillows are supposed to add about 1 to 1-1/2 cup sizes. I already own full forms, size 8 (I think they're too big) and breast enhancers which really requires I have more of my own breast to look right. Maybe the pillows willl do the trick. I'll let you know how it turns out.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/Julie_sig.gif

Jenny
05-27-2004, 08:02 AM
I have both kinds of bras. I have bras in various sizes too. Which kind and size I will wear will depend on what I am feeling like on a given day. If I plan to wear a bra secretly under my drab boy clothes, I will ususally wear a non-wire bra, more likely a sports bra because they don't show so much. Sometimes though I will wear one of my underwire bras that fit me naturally (my sizes 38aa or 40a) under a heavier shirt. If I am going to be wearing my breast forms (triangle size 8) then I favor an underwire bra because they hold the forms better in place. I prefer full coverage bras then to help conceal my forms more completely. I have several different styles and makes - Bali, Victoria Secret, Wacoal, Playtex, etc. I think Bali might be my favorite.

Jenny

BTW: Somewhere I can't recall where, I say a cute phrase which I am reminded of by Julie's signature: "Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff." It's become my new life's motto. Did someone on here post it? :D

CDKathy
05-27-2004, 08:34 AM
I guess if I had to choose, I would go with the soft cup just because they are much more comfortable for every day wearing. But, like Jenny, I have several different kinds and styles of each. The underwire ones work best with my full forms when I'm going for the fully dressed look.

I also have some silicone add-a-cup pads that work well with the soft cup bras and don't protrude too much when in my more drab mode. I actually wear these under a loose fitting drab shirt with my girl jeans while out and about doing grocerie shopping and other errands. ;)

As long as I act perfectly normal and go about my business, no one pays any attention to me.

So either way works for me depending on what I'm up to at the time.

PaulaJeanette
05-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Ladies:

I don't have a preference. I've bought and own both types, but my lingerie consists of mostly underwire bras. I guess which type I buy depends on what I think would look good on me, what's available-I like to get matching sets, and colors.

Paula J.