PDA

View Full Version : Does Having Older Sisters Make A Difference?

Jenny
05-28-2004, 07:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am the middle child of seven. I am the oldest non-girl (boy) in the family. I have three older sisters, one younger sister, and two younger brothers. With three older sisters growing up, I always had a vast array of girls' clothes -- underwear, bathing suits, shorts, skirts, tops, dresses, etc. -- to mystify and entice me. I remember being very young and thinking how unfair it was that girls got to wear all kinds of different clothes in all kinds of different colors while I was always stuck with the same old pants and shirts in the same old blues and browns and grays. I remember looking at my sister's bras and being absolutely fascinated by such a complicated piece of clothing. I remember being jealous of how beautiful they could look when they got all dressed up in fancy dresses or how cute they could look in their short shorts or bikini bathing suits. I was also fascinated by the change their bodies went through as they developed breasts and hips (my sisters were and are all pretty athletic and trim but shapely).

I have often wondered if having three older sisters like I did (and do) explains a little bit my interest in crossdressing. It was certainly their clothes which I tried on first as I experimented with dressing. I didn't have an older brother to model after just my older sisters.

Does anyone else think their birth order in the family made any difference in their becoming a crossdresser?

Jenny (the cd'er with a thousand questions) :confused:

Jill
05-28-2004, 07:55 AM
I grew up the youngest of four, and I didn't have any brothers. Of course when I was young there was an occasion or two that my sisters thought it would be fun to dress me up and have another girl in the family. That's where it all started. I am convinced that having older sisters influenced me into CDing, I seriously doubt that I would have gotten into it if it weren't for them.

samira
05-28-2004, 08:01 AM
hello, I'm Samira and wanted to tell you that though I don't have any sisters, I always wanted to be and dress like a girl. But I only began to CD as an adult, as I had no opportunity to borrow female clothes when I was younger.

CDKathy
05-28-2004, 08:09 AM
I'm the youngest of four as well only I have two brothers and one sister. While it was my mother who originally dressed me up for Haloween when I was 5 or 6, it was my sister's clothes that attracted me after that.

As with Jenny, my sister was and still is rather attractive and watching her evolve from child to woman was fascinating. Not to mention the evolution of her clothing. ;)

So, yes, I do think having an older sister did help things along. But with my mother's initial push, I think I would have ended up here anyway. It just might have taken longer to really get started.

lizzy b
05-28-2004, 08:10 AM
I have two older sisters and they used to dress me up all the time beginning when I was probably 5 or 6 and I found after awhile that I enjoyed the attention and wearing their clothes. They would use my mom's makeup on me as well and I would often go most of the afternoon like that as my dad was away quite often and me mom worked most afternoons. My oldest sister was 14 and the next 11, so they were old enough to stay with me when they got back from school. I really can't say whether I would have done it otherwise, or whether I was simply predisposed and they brought it out in me...

Jenny Beth
05-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Hi Jenny,

As I try to figure out why I am a CD the one thing I know for sure is that there is no one specific reason. I have three younger sisters, an older brother and two younger, one has since passed away. I started CD'ing late in life so I can't say my sisters had any real influence. However like you I did notice that the girls had such a variety of things in all sorts of colours and I was certainly facinated when they began to wear bras and start using makeup.

I was a typical boy, always in trouble both at home and in school. I had to work mowing lawns, shovelling snow and do whatever to earn money to buy a bike and keep myself in pocket money. The girls in contrast were never in trouble, got allowances and each in turn got a bike on their birthday. To say I was jealous is an understatement. I do remember thinking that being a girl had it's advantages. I often wonder if this is where it really began for me.
Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Jenny Beth

heather gail
05-28-2004, 09:02 AM
I agree with you Jenny-Beth...I always felt girls had so many advantages over boys. I didn't have any sisters, but found I was drawn to girls' clothes from a young age and always admired the variety of clothing they could wear at any time of year. There was a bit of jealousy involved as well, though the extent wasn't all that much. I just felt that girls had the best of both worlds, while boys were pretty much typecast.

eleventhdr
05-28-2004, 01:08 PM
I am the thrid of four mals in my family and the only one who truly wanted or still wants to be a real girl I w now wish and realize that i should have been the girl in my family I still want to be female I am really beginning to regret that i was not born female I guess that kind of makes me sort of in the middle and sometime that hurts a very lot. If I had been female it might have been very different for me i do think so nayway Oh well maybe one of thses days i can get awy and live as I do want to be. We will yet see!.

jenny_k78
05-28-2004, 01:15 PM
I am the oldest of my siblings. I would have had a sister 2 yrs younger than me, but she did not make it at birth :( . I have brothers , 6yrs, 13 yrs younger than me and a newborn brother. I also have a sister who's 4 yrs old. I ddidn't have the sibling influence, but did have a significant influence in my neighborhood. There were no boys but there were several girls all around my age.

Jenny
05-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Some of the comments about other influences has made me remember some of them too, particularly the comments about other girls in the neighborhood. Going way back in my memory to when I was six or so there was a little girl named Annabelle (kind of a sweet name) who was notorious for showing the boys her panties. Annabelle would show anybody her panties anytime. She was maybe 2 or 3 years older than me, she was kind of friends with one of my sisters. Her family moved away from our neighborhood after a couple of years. Haven't thought of Annabelle for years. She probably has turned out to be an exotic dancer somewhere. :D

Then after my family moved out of the city and into the suburbs (I live in Montana now but grew up in the St. Louis area), I was good friends with another girl named Cherie. I was probably about 10 or so and had already started dressing up when I could but Cherie was the first girl outside my family who I saw in her bra and panties. I went over to her house one afternoon after school to visit and she walked across the living room in a robe that was open while I was standing on the porch. Because of the lighting I could see in but she couldn't see out. She was wearing just a white bra and panties under her robe. She was a year or so older than me and real cute. It wasn't until I made a noise that she quickly pulled her robe closed. No matter how I begged she would never let me see her undies again. I stayed good friends with Cherie for quite a while until we went to high school and ended up in different crowds. She was a pretty good athlete and awfully cute in her shorts and jeans.

Now that I think about it, maybe these (and other) neighborhood girls also influenced my desire to dress up.

Jenny

Marti2004
05-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Good evening!! Not having an older sister and being the eldest of a younger(48) brother and younger sister(46)....Yup, I'll be 50 in July!!!! Needless to say, it's probably that desire to feel the sensation of smooth supple lingerie type cloth against your skin, wearing makeup to feel beautiful...I love Shiseido lipsticks and walking in 11W heels!!! My wife couldn't belive how easily I walked in 4" red stilletto heels last Halloween. I just wish the camera didn't die when we wew're out!!!!!

Oh I'm rambling....Marti

lara_myklund
05-28-2004, 04:05 PM
I do have a sister, but she's younger, and I never dressed in her clothes.
I started with my mother's clothes.

claira
06-06-2004, 07:27 AM
i am the oldest of four two brothers and asister. and it was here clothes that i started in. got into troble for something. and dad put me in a dress of hers cause as you know boys dont cry.only girls i guess. and that started it for me.after that day i started wearing my sisters panties under my jeans to school. and now its panties to work.and all over. :)

diane
06-06-2004, 08:36 AM
I'm only have a younger brother. One of the first things I noticed about women was their clothes. How high heels made their legs look long and sleek ... how make up accented the beauty of their faces ... the silky feel of nylon stockings ... the way a frilly dress played with their figures.

I guess I started playing with womens clothes because at 9 or 10 it was the only way I could feel close to Lois Lane, Doris Day or any of the other fantasy girls I loved at that time.

I think the cross dressing came out of the desire to be close to those women. My best friend's older sister's closet was a treasure chest of high heels, stockings and frilly things ... on sleep overs we would stay in her room because she had a double bed and explore to our hearts content

Allison Vamp
06-06-2004, 03:02 PM
i have two older sisters and that's how it all started, they dressed me up as a young child, problem was as i got older, i still wanted to play and they just thought it was wrong, so the sneaking began.

eleventhdr
06-06-2004, 06:24 PM
What older sister the only real sisters i have are on here> but i sure wish i did have a real sister right here or better yet that i was the sister like it should have been. Oh well!.

Gabrielle
06-06-2004, 09:03 PM
As for the feeling inside you. I don't think so. You feel the way you feel and that is part of you. not your surrounding.

As for what becomes available to you. Then yes. It is much simpler to do or get started when you have sisters. That way when you are home alone... off to the drawers! Woohoo!:rolleyes:

I remember I used to love this one skirt which I just couldn't wait for people to leave so that I could wear it. :D If only they knew!:p

Elinor
06-07-2004, 10:43 AM
;) Yes as I had her skirts to try on [thanks sis] Then as I got taller I tried on my Mum's dresses. I now own many skirts and a few dresses and pettis too which are all mine. Shoes and two wigs. When in Seattle I bought a skirt in person the world did not stop spining, a hole did not open up and swallow me. Nice to have an older sister so one can try on her skirts. :D

Rachel_740
06-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Girls,

I'm so jealous of those of you who have sisters. I would have loved to have a sister whose clothes I could try. Even better, I would love to have been my brothers sister and been able to wear all the girlie things all the time. :)

sarina
06-08-2004, 04:47 PM
I am the baby, and yes, I do recall dressing in her stuff, and my mom's. When they were gone I would go through their dressers and pull our panties, skirts, and bras....

I cannot remember, but I know my brother has been into crossdressing too. I wonder where it started..my mom? my sister? my dad? We were too young to recall! -Sarina

joanne-g
06-08-2004, 06:36 PM
yes i do believe that have an older sister or a sister in general that lives with u while growing up plays its part in crossdressing. i am the youngest of four kids(1 oldest sister and 2 older brothers) as a child i would look throw my sisters clothes and loved trying them on. i would put on her thongs her stockings and garter blets and anything sexy and ****ty i could find of hers. i would pretend i was her and imagin myself being the school **** that all the boys went to and even some of the teachers.i was very skinny at the time so i fit into her clothes very nicely but always wished to have breast,hips ,thighs and an ass like she did. now i look back on those days and am glad i had an older sister that had her own set of ****ty clother that i could were.