PDA

View Full Version : Where do you hide your clothes???

AmyH
05-31-2004, 07:40 PM
I am new to this site, less than a week. The posts I have read many of you live with wives and girlfriends. I was just wondering where y'all hide your clothes, make-up, wigs, shoes, etc. so they do not find them. I am single and have my own house but I still hide everything in case family or friends show up. I have a few garment bags that I keep my clothes in. Shoes are hidden under the bed next to the wall and make-up is in a bag under the bathroom sink in the back. Anyone else?

Julie
05-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Amy,

You're already a pro! You don't need any tips.

Man, the hiding game! I really hate that but it's so much easier than trying to explain to a thousand people what makes us tick.;)

A perfect world would have the ladies being as receptive to us in feminine attire as we have been to them dressing in what was once male attire.:D

Dream on Klingon!:rolleyes:

Bernadina
05-31-2004, 08:02 PM
I don't bother. The makeup is out and the clothes hang around the house. I figure its not my duty to explain to anyone what's going on. - Dina

eleventhdr
05-31-2004, 08:13 PM
Yes I would really love to have them all hanging up neat but unfortuatly being male at least on the outside I have them in my back bedroom where i do sleep in big plastic bags etcet all oh well at least i do know where most of them all are!.

Cher
05-31-2004, 08:15 PM
I am single and own my house...my GF knows and is supportive...my girl clothes are in the bedroom closet at the far right end...next to them hangs my boy clothes...great topic...thanks - Rick

CDKathy
05-31-2004, 08:46 PM
I guess I've been hiding things for so long that, once I accepted that this is a significant part of who I am, I just stopped hiding my stuff anymore.

Besides, I have so many girl clothes and so few man clothes that I'd need to rent a self storage unit to contain it all. :D

Anyway, open my closet door and you'll see my girl jeans, trousers, skirts, dresses and tops hanging right in front of you. Man stuff? All the way in the back, out of sight (out of mind ;) ). Pull out my dresser drawers and you'll find lingerie, swimwear, shorts, T-shirts, whatever doesn't hang.

I guess, after 40 years of dressing and finally accepting Kathy into my life, I've decided that, if somebody actually finds the stuff, then they are going to meet Kathy. But, I'm not going to overtly advertise that I dress. I do choose my day to day girl wear to be as "unisex" looking as possible. I don't wear jeans with hearts stitched on the pockets.

I'm currently living with and taking careof my parents. Both in their mid-80s. As I've said in other posts, they caught me dressing several times in my younger years. So, they know I have done it. Since I've moved back here, my father came home from an outing early one time and caught me in the act. That event was over 10 years ago. Since then, it has been more like the military "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. Lately, I've been pushing the outside of the envelope but only a little bit at a time.

The point of all this rambling is, it comes down to how well you accept your female alter ego as part of yourself that determines what you hide and how deeply. And that is why we have all found ourselves here, on this forum. To learn how to accept our own femme side while, at the same time helping others do the same.

I've found that the better I felt about having Kathy as a part of me, the less I tried to hide things from view. In fact, I just realized that I have a book called "The Lazy Crossdresser" sitting in clear view on top of my bookcase. :)

Dana_cd
05-31-2004, 08:49 PM
I don't hide my things, we have a finished basement where we have a family type room with a entertainment center, and my computer, we also have a bath there where my makeup is all out on the sink counter, where there is a full upper wall mirror with lights over it, and my clothing is hanging in the closet in the extra bedroom also there is where my wigs and jewlery boxes are, I also have a dresser in there full of nylons, panties, bras, and any of the other things I have, my wife and I have said there is no reason to hide these things cuz there is no reason that anyone should have to go down there, btw we also keep most doors closed like to all bedrooms, as they are for noone elses business to be in those rooms.

Stelli
05-31-2004, 10:37 PM
It is fairly good question that really depends on the lifestyle, situation and possibilites one has to it's hand.

As I spend quite of time as male and sometime as female I have both set of clothes. As I have most of the clothes in the drawers so I keep them there, some drawers have mixed things. Except when kids are here and someone that doesnot know I keep them away from the view too much.

I do not have dresser (that would be a great help to keep things sorted out neatly) but still simply keep different drawers for different pieces.

As for makeup my SO and I have different sets, she rarely use mine and I would rarely use hers. Of course when it's needed we give to each other. But as my SO always fights over makeup with the daughter I do keep mine away when she is here. I would find strange to share makup with her. Otherwise it applies the same as for clothes.

What happens if some part of clothing is around? Well, nothing special, there is clothing all around house, uniforms for job, my pieces, my SO's pieces, makeup etc etc. It is relaxed sort of orderly mess :) So nobody will comment if my panites or tights may be out somewhere. It is not out of ordinary. It is not that it is advertised either.

Lately a friend of mine who knows that I dress have visited us, she is biggish almost my size, she asked me to give her my dress to wear because she has spilled some wine over one she brought with her. It actually came handy that I have dress ....

If you live in familly it should not be too much of a problem. If you live alone it would again be not too much of a problem either. The problem arises if one cannot share this desire with someone. Then it is problem of time, space, hidding etc etc.

Writing this I came to an interesting conclusion: if you hide your clothing then you need to hide your personality. If that is not a problem then it is OK if it is a problem then I am prone to say: change the situation - we live only once, any time wasted is wasted forever.

jenny_k78
05-31-2004, 11:45 PM
I guess I don't really hide my femme clothes. They hang in my closet and are in my dresser just as my drab clothing. If someone were to see them, I would most likely tell them about my other side, although it is not to likely to happen.

Kimmy
06-01-2004, 12:55 AM
I tend to put them in one of those big tote things from Walmart. The solid plastic kind that you can get in different gallon sizes. But then again, I put a lot of things in those, and that way no one really thinks much of it. Just that it's another box with my junk in it. It first started as one box... now it's three, two and a half for shoes and one for clothes. I really need to have a shoe sale.

salem
06-01-2004, 06:49 AM
I'm glad this thread has been started. Some of us are secret cross dressers and is part of the thrill to keep it a secret known to just yourself or a small circle of friends.

It's nice to hear about those that are open about their behaviour, however in the spirit of your question, I would like to hear how other cds hide their stash.

My most creative solution to storing my gear is to get a hold of some big plastic containers, the 20 litre ones, and put my gear in them and then put these containers with the rest of the containers and paint tins etc in the garage. Things have been securely stored in this way for quite some time. However I have to make sure I'm around when the annual spring clean of the garage takes place!

I really like the erotic side of dressing up so most of my gear fits quite neatly into these big containers. Although fitting in my several pairs of knee high boots can sometimes be difficult, particularly if I am in rush mode. Obviously I don't have any dressers or things that have to be hung up.

Salem

Marie Andrews
06-01-2004, 10:19 AM
My girl things are in the attic :(

Marie

Cheri K
06-01-2004, 10:36 AM
I have a workshop behind my house where I keep my girly things. Wish I didnt have to be so secretive about this tho. It feels so natural..... Oh and Jenny.....Im in Minnesota too.

Bonnie
06-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Mine have to stay in my Truck behind my seat, and I hate that. Bonnie

sammyd
06-13-2004, 07:39 PM
i don't have much yet so i have a small box in the basement

if my parents ever say anything they know i crossdressed for a halloween movie we made so it's my costume from that ;)

CindyT
06-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Wow I'm so jealous of you "Girls" who can just leave your stuff out! I've been collecting girl clothes for 30 or more years, been married for over 20 so it IS A Challenge! Great Topic!!!
Yes those totes from Wal-Mart work great! I am the one who stores all the X-mas stuff in storage building so I have a special tote (maybe 3 or 4) with my girl clothes. Also I have some cool tricks.......

I hide 1 or 2 items in the bottom of my wifes drawers where she seldom ever looks. Some are things that don't fit her so she forgets about them.

I do keep a bra here, a pair of panties there, for dressing at home on those rare occassions when I'm alone (like right now). I pick out a sport bra of hers that she doesn't like but still keeps, and sometimes I stash a bag of stuff in the closet.

For traveling, I have a couple of duffel bags that are pre-packed and stored in a tote out of sight. When I'm ready to go I just open the tote, grab the bag and fly! One has a girls purse in it with my makeup....

more later.......

Beverly591
06-14-2004, 01:59 AM
It's a shame so much of what crossdressing is about has to do with lies and deceit...it probably has a lot to do with the way people perceive us...they know we're out there, they just don't know who...which in its way can be disconcerting to them. The reason they don't know who we are is because we have become so good at the art of lies and deceit. During the 15 years of my first marriage, I had clothes hidden everywhere...the bottom of my records, in big coffee cans in the basement, under floorboards, in the sleeves of old suit jackets...lol...she's probably still uncovering old pairs of pantyhose stuffed into wall cavities! And then there are the purges...that horrendous feeling of paranoia that your spouse or kid or one of their friends have discovered a stash and the panic of throwing clothes out without getting caught. For every nice piece of clothing I have today, I've probably tossed six like it. At the risk of seeming like a bitter male chauvinist pig, I would add that lies and deceit are an extension of our femme personality, since men don't seem to practice lying and deceiving with the same zest women do. :rolleyes: Cheers ladies!

Patty M
06-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Guess I am one of the lucky ones. My wife not only knows but she buys my clothes for me. Last night on the bed were 3 new pairs of thong panties. It is neat as at times we will wear each others clothes. When we go away for a weekend she makes sure that I am "properly" packed and am at lest wearing panties and sometimes a bra. :)

Collette
06-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Ladies, while reading, some of you have a really hard time with your stuff. I used to hide my stuff. Now I keep undies with the guy stuff same in the closet, heels with the shoes. Make-up in the bathroom, just like a woman lived here. It became all so much easier when I disclosed to my mom, siblings and some trusted friends that I was different. I think Kathy said it, "they don't ask and I don't tell". I know dressing as a woman if your a man is very very much misunderstood in our society. Some bone head will punch you out because he doesn't understand or your a threat to him, cuz he really wants to try it but doesn't have the guts. Anyways, it was painful for me cuz I always had to hide my stuff, I was worried what they would think or if they would accept me. They don't agree but thats okay. I still love them Collette

KittyMuffin
06-14-2004, 07:03 PM
I keep all my girly stuff in the closet. I can hang my skirts up because there's a part of the wall that covers them. I have enough "manly" clothes in front of them so that they won't be seen. I have a shelving unit where I keep my shoes hidden behind some books on the front. The shelves are on the left with the skirts and there's so much other junk in there they're not noticable.