PDA

View Full Version : Would you quit if you could?

Jill
06-06-2004, 10:06 AM
I understand that this question may raise some controversy, I don't want to stir things up. But If you were given the opportunity to quit crossdressing, to have a magical moment where everything went 'poof' and your desire to dress was gone forever. Would you take it? I know for me, sometimes it just complicates my life. As of late, I have kind of wished that I never got into this mess. So my question stands, would you quit if you could?

Ronda_Kaye
06-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Simply, NO

CDKathy
06-06-2004, 10:28 AM
My simple answer would be no. :rolleyes:

But this question is anything but simple. Would I be giving up a part of my personality in order to stop? That part of me that expresses love, compassion, tenderness, etc.?

Yes, the act of dressing, by itself, is a complication in my life that I could probably do without. Yet the feelings of relaxation and contentment, to name a few, are not something I would be willing to let go of unless there was some other way to achieve those same feelings.

Besides, why would I ever want to go back to wearing those harsh, scratchy MALE clothes anyway. :eek:

Elinor
06-06-2004, 10:29 AM
:p Well the answer no ! I love and enjoy wearing a dress or skirt too much to give it up. It's wonderful being girlie in a skirt wearing high heels. ;)
If I wished to give it up I would not be here but trying to see {Waste of time} someone about stopping. I don't wish to stop I what to continue being feminine Elinor who wears her skirts with pride. :D

Allison Vamp
06-06-2004, 10:33 AM
i don't think so, it's way too much fun. it only complicates your life if you let it. i'm glad i've had the oppurtunity to experience the whole package. what it's like to walk around in high heels, skirts, dresses, what it's like to do your makeup and become someone else for an hour, someone exciting and sexy, instead of always being your old boring, conservative self. its something that most people will never have the pleasure of trying out. when i was younger i thought it was this huge burden and i was a freak, as i've grown older and shared it with my wife (and got some therapy) i realize that's its just a fun, harmless thing to do. some people play golf, i slip into a skirt, dress and make up and click around the house for a bit. who would give that up?

Cher
06-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Jill:
Its so so so much a part of who/what I am..its an integral part of my psyche, of my emotional self - R

ioanna
06-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Here's an interesting link:
http://transsexual.org/Why1.html

and a test:
http://transsexual.org/TEST0.html

Rachel_740
06-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi Girls,

There is no way I'd give up dressing, feeling those soft, light feminine skirts draping my soft, newly waxed legs (yes, done my first waxing this evening, didn't hurt as much as I expected), the feeling of being pretty, the look of female clothes, the feel of long hair hanging down my back. Why would I want to give up those lovely feelings.

PS. Allison Vamp, I love your avitar - great hair & dress :)

AmyH
06-06-2004, 12:31 PM
I have tried to quit before. Did it for about 4yrs. But now I am back and I love the feeling I get when I get all made up. I think that quitting as a CDer is like smoking; you will more than likely go back.

Julie
06-06-2004, 12:32 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_2_91.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

That's like saying would I cut off my right arm. It's an integral part of who I am and has made me a better person.

Vivian Best
06-06-2004, 12:32 PM
That is an interesting and somewhat complicated question! Thirty or fourty years ago I would have said yes and stopped in a New York minute. I was in enough self imposed agony that I would have done anything to quit! Now, I'm at peace with myself and what I do, so my answer now would be no.

Vivian ;)

CDKathy
06-06-2004, 01:48 PM
I think that quitting as a CDer is like smoking; you will more than likely go back.

Actually, I don't think that's a valid comparison. I quit smoking cold. No gum, no patches, no hypno, no gimmicks. I just told myself "I'm not going to smoke TODAY". I did that each day. That was over seven years ago. I stopped the mantra after about six months. I have no desire and feel no need to ever smoke again.

I tried something similar with dressing. The result... well, most of you have read my posts. I pretty much live in girls clothing 24/7/365.

jenny_k78
06-06-2004, 02:32 PM
I would have to say NO. The biggest reason would be having found that I am not the only one. Before finding this out I may have said yes.

JOANNE
06-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Many of us have tried but always returned. I suppose you could say "Can a leopard change its spots?" I am content

Hugs
Joanne :)

ooxxoo

AmyH
06-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Actually, I don't think that's a valid comparison. I quit smoking cold. No gum, no patches, no hypno, no gimmicks. I just told myself "I'm not going to smoke TODAY".

What I am trying to say is that if you want to quit CDing you can if you want. BUT like smoking it gets harder the longer you do it and how much it is apart of your life. Yes there are going to be people that can quit cold turkey and there are people that will CD (smoke) until they die.

Allison Vamp
06-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi Girls,

There is no way I'd give up dressing, feeling those soft, light feminine skirts draping my soft, newly waxed legs (yes, done my first waxing this evening, didn't hurt as much as I expected), the feeling of being pretty, the look of female clothes, the feel of long hair hanging down my back. Why would I want to give up those lovely feelings.

PS. Allison Vamp, I love your avitar - great hair & dress :)

i admit, it's not me, but looks very similar when i'm dressed up (unless i'm wearing the fuschia wig) i'm going to use it until i can get a real picture up there.

Allison Vamp
06-06-2004, 02:57 PM
the worse thing about trying to quit (or kidding yourself about it) is throwing away your stuff and having to start all over again, cuz you know you will. i lost a great matching green velvet bra and panty set, a short suede skirt and long black dress. sigh. never again.

Maxine
06-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Another no here, It's just too much of a thrill for me to dress up to give it up.

PaulaJeanette
06-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Although my crossdressing has negative aspects associated with it, I find it both exhilerating as well as relaxing. Crossdressing has been a part of my life for most of my life. I know that I would dearly miss the thrill I always get when I take out my feminine garments to begin the process and the image of my body encased in the elegant lace of fine lingerie.

No, definitely not! I love being different; I love being a crossdresser!

Paula J.

CDKathy
06-06-2004, 05:46 PM
What I am trying to say is that if you want to quit CDing you can if you want.

Here is a quote from a person on a similar thread in a different forum:

Yes you can stop cross-dressing, I did for eight years, but you can not stop being a cross-dresser. there is a hidden price that you will pay. If you can get unhooked how will you get your needs met that cross-dressing meets. That is the only way to get unhooked, Show me that way and I will stop in a heat beat, but I will not be holding my breath on that one.

Unlike smoking, dressing is NOT an addiction. It is manifested by those aspects of your personality that society forces males to supress in everyday life. Those personality traits demand attention.

How many here have had to supress your desire to dress for long periods due to the circumstances of your life at the time. Of those, how many suffered some level of depression or anxiety attacks or mood swings. These are the "hidden price" mentioned in the quote above.

I smoked for over 35 years and quit, cold, in a day. But, even with therapy back in my teens, I was unable to quit dressing. I'm now 51 and have been dressing off and on since I was 5 or 6. I've been through the purging and buying cycle more times than I can count.

So, if someone offered me a pill that would "cure" me of crossdressing, I would have to ask if it would take away those aspects of my personality that reflect my feminine side. If so, I would respectfully decline.

eleventhdr
06-06-2004, 06:21 PM
No i most certanily would not being cd is the only way to be and go!. That's all!.

diane
06-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I've wrestled with this question all of my life. I had a preacher convince me it was wrong and I sold off all of my clothes. I had a wife (ex) convince me that I was sick... so I sold all of my clothes again ... wait, I said sold ... wrong ... dropped a bag off at Goodwill.

Now i realize that I am exactly who I should be and embrace my fun and games. I'm keeping the clothes I have and wouldn't take an "anti-crossdressing pill" if one was offered.

Gabrielle
06-06-2004, 07:40 PM
What kind of question is that!?

Why would anyone want to "quit" being themselves. How do you do that???
How could you do that?

What makes life worth living?? Now, there's a better question.

Happiness is one thing I can think of. And dressing is what does it for me.

People are too focused on getting other people to act or be the way they want them to be, thinking it will make their lives better. But what it is doing is making others miserable therefore making their own lives miserable.
That way we end up with a bunch of miserable people.

Word of advise: Just be yourselves and make yourselves happy. Don't worry about making others happy.
Your happiness will more likely spread making others happy (As we have plainly seen on this website).

Luv'
Gabrielle

pedebra
06-07-2004, 03:36 AM
I have quit many times; but in the back of my mind, I know it is only a temporary thing. I've given away so much beautiful lingere. I sometimes wish that it would go away forever but more often I wish that I could dress fulltime. The inconvenience of dressing in secret is offset by the way I feel
when I am dressed. I will probably pause again; but, when the lingere ads in
the paper are the first thing I look at, I know that I am hooked for life.

claira
06-07-2004, 08:27 AM
no,ihave tried and always went back. thrown all the stuff away.its a good thing that it was only panties that i threw away.i dont dress all the way up.just wear a lot of panties. :)

~Tammy~
06-07-2004, 02:37 PM
I have never tried quitting or even considered it.
Sure I used to think I was strange, weird, mixed-up and confused. Well actually I still am but that's nothing to do with wearing girlie stuff :)

It's not like it's a drug you can give up like nicotine or alchol. I don't see how dressing yourself up is bad for your health.

Well unless you went to a football match all dressed up, wearing the colours of one side while standing in the nutter section of the other teams crowd. Now maybe that wouldn't be so healthy :eek:

Gabrielle's recent post says everything else. Just be happy being yourself.

laurie
06-07-2004, 02:54 PM
My simple answer would be no. :rolleyes:

But this question is anything but simple. Would I be giving up a part of my personality in order to stop? That part of me that expresses love, compassion, tenderness, etc.?

Yes, the act of dressing, by itself, is a complication in my life that I could probably do without. Yet the feelings of relaxation and contentment, to name a few, are not something I would be willing to let go of unless there was some other way to achieve those same feelings.

Besides, why would I ever want to go back to wearing those harsh, scratchy MALE clothes anyway. :eek:
Kathy i could not agree more I enjoy dressing you forgot to add the ability to cry. Which i do. A girl friend real woman not that we are not told me I am a very different person. When a man I am very competitive as a woman I am very loving compassionate and even kiss like a female. What a wonderful feeling hope you all feel that way. Yes I have been with men but to have a woman tell you are so much like her inside what a feeling you get.

Jenny
06-07-2004, 03:58 PM
My answer to this question is: nope, no way, ain't gonna happen, uh-huh, fraid not, not in this lifetime, in no case, no dice, not at any price, not for love or money, not for the life of me, not for the world, nothing doing, not on your life, on no account, on no condition, under no circumstances (I googled into a thesaurus).

I think you get my point. I would and could not quit dressing any more than I would or could quit breathing. It is an essential part of my life, of who I am. I am not sure what the mix is but I think I am more Jenny than I am the male me.

Plus it is so darn much fun!!!! (I spent hours this weekend trying on all my shorts and skirts and jeans. Mostly to see which ones still fit and which ones I was ready to give to the salvation army so I could have more space in my closets and dressers for more new clothes. Tonight it will be bras and tops. Look out eBay here I come!!!) :D

mmandy31
06-07-2004, 04:15 PM
i tried so many times to quit but i can't do it.
i even cleaned every thing out of my closet hoping this is it i quit but 2 weeks down the road i was back shopping for new clothes.
i just love the feel of silky panties and hose
lets face it idon't want to quit :D :D

Tamara C.
06-07-2004, 08:35 PM
I have also tried to quit on several occasions by getting rid of everything, but I always come back to it. This is very expensive so now I am just going to be myself and have fun. The feeling I have when dressed up is amazing and I will never deny myself this pleasue again.......Tamara C.....

Stelli
06-07-2004, 10:24 PM
I understand that this question may raise some controversy, I don't want to stir things up. But If you were given the opportunity to quit crossdressing, to have a magical moment where everything went 'poof' and your desire to dress was gone forever. Would you take it? I know for me, sometimes it just complicates my life. As of late, I have kind of wished that I never got into this mess. So my question stands, would you quit if you could?

This is insightful question, one has to search soul to find a solution to "what if" question. I know it. And for me it is not matter of question: "would I", the question for me is: "what is the magical ingredient?"

And the magical ingredient is understanding - common understanding. Remove common understanding and we do not exist at all. Neither as individuals with the desire nor as a group in whole.

For the time being most if not all of us use this social tool to express something we are. And if you are something you are only determination to change your own mind and soul can move the mountain. But then you would need a really good reason. Most of us, I believe, lack really good reason to give up something that doesnot harm anyone around us and give us whatever sort of pleasure. Any pleasure comes at some cost. Even for thinking that you have gotten into mess (which you did not, actually you are coming out of mess by dressing - it is a solution to a problem - not a problem).

Would I change? I have said several times - I tried, and oscilated over it - again, several times. But after first one, I tend to keep my outfits even if I do not use them. It comes back because I cannot give up of myself if I do not have a good reason as it is in a way a kind of suicide. But whom am I to change the reasons of universe? For the given circumstances and for the given common understanding I am what I am and my expression cannot be different, dressing is statement and we all know why we make our statement.

Which comes back again to question: would I?

For given environment - no way - it simply doesnot make sense to change it. For another imaginary environment - it would be irrelevant. As third viewpoint - Enforcing could work out, but what then will be ourcome (i.e. what kind of person I would be then) ???????

The tendency of solution is that we could not give it up. At least not without big sacrifices.

Georgina Milnes
06-12-2004, 05:05 PM
NO NO NO,there is no way l would want to quit my habit,it is too precious to me,l am addicted anyway.Georgina.

Kath
06-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Yes, I wish it had never started. But now I are one I love the feel of the clothing and the feelings I have when dressed. I've learned not to purge anymore because I know I will be back and it cost too much to build a new wardrobe. In fact I'm typing this while dressed.

jeanette_cd
06-16-2004, 09:56 PM
The title of a book I once read while going through marriage counseling was
" Fully Human, Fully Alive.", and that is how I view it for myself. I didn't start until age 57, I am now 61. So I had many questions to ask myself as well. But I do feel more fully human and more fully alive to be able to experience the feminine side of my being.
So how could one deny a part of their being? As human beings we really are both genders. A preacher once said at our church, that there is only two chemical baths on the brain in the womb that change our sex. Stop and think, we are really human beings first. Some have different plumbing to bear children, etc. I have no problem accepting the female side of my being. in fact I love being a girl or woman, even an older woman at that. Kind of nice being a sexy old girl, and looking good at 61.
Don't try to give up a part of yourself, celebrate it instead. I thank God everyday for allowing me to experience my fem side. And ask his help to be the best woman I can be. To bring glory to his creation.
Hugs
jeanette

Darby
06-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Good question though! I'm curious though... why do you ask? You know, I have heard different people purging over the years... Sorry, I can't do that either, well if something goes out of style of course but not the whole kit and kaboodle! I find it very fun, relaxing and surely stimulating when I'm getting dressed but when I'm out and having fun, it feels natural and I don't even think that my 4" heels are going to put a hurt on my feet the next day!

jade
06-16-2004, 10:26 PM
It's funny, but if you had asked me 5 years ago I would have said YES.
Now after understanding a bit more, I know it is important to be who you are.
Even though I do not dress often, it is so much part of me and to stop would be taking away one of life's pleasures.

Jade

windycissy
06-18-2004, 09:16 AM
I've lost count of the number of times I've thrown away suitcase full of women's clothing, only to painstakingly reconstruct my wardrobe a year or so later. The clothes are no big deal, but the WIGS! How I wish I had some of them back, although the one I have now is okay when I pull it back into a ponytail with a scrunchie. Let's face it, it isn't easy for a guy to buy a wig...

Will I quit again? I don't think I will. It's too much fun, it feels so good, and I've quit enough time to know that it would only be temporary. I guess someday when they wheel me into a nursing home, I'll have to hang it up...

Chandra Marie
06-18-2004, 03:47 PM
I would have to say no, I am accepted by the people that matter and honestly dont care what anybody else wants to think of me. I have long been of the frame of mind that if what I say or do or the way I act (and this is for everything, not just crossdressing) offends someone then its way more their problem then mine. societys "standards" are joke and it seems the more I learn about people the more learn that the ones pushing these "standards" down our throats are the one ones with most to hide. Anyway I sum it up best by saying, "I may not be who I would have chosen to be, but I accept and embrace who I have become.

jenny_k78
06-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi Chandra... I like the saying. I'm starting to think more along the lines you have said. I have to agree with the point that the ones that push standards are the ones hiding the most.

thihi10
06-18-2004, 05:30 PM
i dont know if i could stop.. probably not.. the only problem i am facing now is what to do with my ever growing women's clothing and heels and wigs and so forth. i stay with a room mate and she does not know. i usually have to keep moving my stuff so she wont find it and sometimes i put it all in my car just to be safe. i am going to have to come out or get rid of it all sooner or later because this hiding of all my stuff is becoming too much work. :(

tammygirl61
06-19-2004, 08:18 PM
I've been there where I have trown all my clothes in the Good Will bucket.
However, Iv've alway gone back. Now I wish that PUFF and I'ld be a Real women! But you know when I'm dressed and out in nice resturant or shopping or just out. I AM A REAL WOMAN and no one, no one can tell me different!!! :p Love ya Tammy

Darby
06-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Another vote for No! Whatever happened to the saying "Girls just want to have fun..."?

Miss Sherry
06-20-2004, 12:07 AM
This is an interesting question, and as I thought about it, I came to realize how being a girl, if even for a few hours or days, makes me complete.

In fact, I'm not real sure I qualify as a CD anymore; it's as if I'm crossdressed when I'm in drab. If you take that as the reality, then, yes, I'd take a stop-crossdressing pill anytime, and change my driver's license to read Sherry.

Sherry ;)

tammygirl61
06-21-2004, 01:51 PM
As I read these repones alot of you have said that you are a different person when you are dessed as a woman. As a Guy your agresive ect ect.
As a woman your soft and demore lady like WOW! you even kiss as a girl
Now that intesting is there to pepole her or what. I've never notice the differece. I have a mind to act and feel like a woman. In which I wish I'ld never have to change. It just didn't come to me what my real girl girl friend says all the time as aguy i'm different as a girl am some one else!
Cool I love being Tammy not that guy!

I don't want to go back I'm a woman HEAR ME ROAR!!!! LOL LOL!!!

shinytight
06-21-2004, 10:58 PM
yes
our enjoyments and desires are not without regret even as easily as we think that are.
i enjoy it, but i know to m personally, its a deviation, i personally hae feled over the years... and with the advent of the internet, getting clothes, and seeing pics and groups became easier.

I dont believe in supressing feelings, but understanding their origins and controlling the frequeny into which i indulge in them.

if i could, yes i would give it up, it has personally consumed alot of my time, dressing, shaving browsing the net, taking photos, that i could have spend with loved ones so in a sense, its selfish.

I am only 30, but more and more, society encourages us to indulge and not refrain,

I know this may draw harsh opinions against me, but its just my feeelings.

Lee
06-21-2004, 11:27 PM
Simple No!!!

I like who I have become!!!

I am happier!!!

Rebecca pink
06-22-2004, 03:21 PM
no! no!no i will never quit i love it so much i love being rebecca and i dont think there is any way i can give it up

Bernadina
06-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Quit? Ah no. Why would I? Its not unhealthy for either to myself or anyone else. And it enhances my relationship with my wife as we have more in common. - Dina

Starluscious
06-22-2004, 09:47 PM
;) I'm gonna keep doing it. In fact I model. and I'm gonna crossdress when I tour with my band. and flip off all the jerks who harassed me in highschool and get the respect I deserve. Feels good to be a lady. Have fun too ladies. See you around. Stay beautiful for me all of you.

Miss Sherry
07-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Foxy,

I certainly don't take offense to what you have written, I fully sympathize with you. I felt the same way for many years, until I started meeting others like me. Even then, it took a long time to come to terms with what I am. If you participate in these forums, you'll soon find you are not alone, and I think your statistics are grossly low ... there are a hell of a lot more of us out there than you imagine.

Actually, the question opening this thread is misleading. If I took a pill and had no desire to CD, then of course I wouldn't.
The question is: would I take the pill in the first place. With that in mind, I tend to agree with you, it certainly would make life much simpler ... and I could take up skydiving, or some such nonsense. But I choose not to, just as I choose not to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

There are ramifications to any choice we might make. The skydiver might have an oops! and end up as a red splotch on some Kansas cornfield; we CDs might come across the neighborhood brain-dead homophobic and end up as a red splotch on the sidewalk ... I choose to take my chances with the sidewalk. It's a shorter fall.

Sherry :)

Tristen Cox
07-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Couldn't do without it. I like what i do and i do what i like.

Jill
07-05-2004, 09:39 PM
If my count is correct, there are only three of us that would quit if we could, at least three that have said so. Foxy, I know where you are coming from and I am grateful for your comments, I know I am not alone when it comes to crossdressing, but sometimes I feel alone in the way that I feel about it. If I could take a magic pill to have the desire gone forever, I totally would.

Jenny Beth
07-06-2004, 06:14 PM
I have given this a lot of thought, would I take a pill and never crossdress again? Simply, No. To do so I would be admitting that I was doing something wrong. I am very comfortable with who I am and it has taken years to get here. I enjoy being able to see life from the other side of the fence even if it's just for an evening every once in a while. It has given me an insight into some of the things women have to deal with in regard to discrimination and fear on dark streets. To quit crossdressing would be to quit learning about myself.

Jenny B

Rachel_740
07-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Hi Jenny,

I have read your posting here and reading through it, you mention that dressing gives us an insight of what life is like for GG's with respect to discrimination and being out on the dark streets at night.

I certainly have my inherant fears of discrimination when I'm out, but I think that most of them are more down to the fear of condemnation and ridicule of being a guy dressed as a girl than the same fear that a GG would feel in the same situation.

Please don't take my comments in a negative way, I'm just trying to put a slightly different slant on your reply here.

Amy
07-07-2004, 11:30 PM
I'd say, "yes" but I don't know if mine sould count since I don't really consider myself a full crossdresser. I just may have some crossdressing tendancies.

Jenny Beth
07-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi Rachel,

I am in the same boat as you and anyone else who steps out as a woman, I fear ridicule and personal attacks and I in no way meant to assume I know what it is like to be a woman. I have been out many times with my wife and not been noticed but have had cat calls and rude comments yelled at us from passing cars. In that respect I have an idea of what women have to put up with. I guess I should have worded my post better, thanks for pointing that out.

Jenny B

Rikee
07-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Quitting is something that I wouldn't even consider. I have been doing it all my life and it is so much a part of who I am that I would be kidding myself to think I could do it. The thought of purging everything I own thats enfemme is depressing. I think that most of us do lose the interest from time to time and my solution has been pack up my clothes in a box and store them away till I got over my lack of desire. This is based on the fact that I know I can never quit forever. Besides I couldn't give up such a wonderful part of my life.

kelly green
07-09-2004, 03:36 AM
Damm good question girl, Damm good!!

But , ok the poof and no desire makes sence, gone, nothing I'm gonna say yes I'd go, because the lust, desire, the want, the need would be gone.
now hear this Ladys, Ive been conditioned since the 60's, I'm 51 now.
one of the theorys of transvestiism is that young males are abandonded by their fathers and have a dominent mother.this was my case, how it works don't ask .
If true It worked for me.
just food for thought girls, just food and the truth!
love you all for having the balls to be here!
God I love this country!
Kelly Green

Rachel_740
07-09-2004, 10:00 AM
love you all for having the balls to be here!
Kelly Green

Hi Kelly,

Did you intend a pun here ;)

Jenny
08-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Hi Everyone, Jenny the forum historian here,

On a lazy Friday morning I have been going back through some of the older threads. Some of these have not been posted to for a while but they are so excellent that I thought I would revive them for some of our newer members. I would be interested in hearing what some of the newer members have to say about these.

odelay
08-20-2004, 10:05 AM
In response to the very first post of this thread, my answer is no. I'd never want to give up crossdressing.

Lawren
08-29-2004, 08:40 PM
I have quit. Several times. "I'm powerless in its warm embrace" (Quote from, Crossdresser's Conundrum", Just Thinking Out Loud thread)

LilSteff
08-29-2004, 09:16 PM
ditton on what Gabrielle says,,,, be your own person,, don't let life drag you down,,, we all unique, that is the most important thing,
Hang in there girl were here to help
LOVE Steff

Shinya
08-29-2004, 11:55 PM

If poof means that I would not ever remember that I was CD. Then I would say yes. Then I could have lived as a male in piece. But if it is the desire to dress was the only thing that was taken away I would most likely die.
I know I have become a greater person for being what I am. I would never give that up.

Shinya

Alittleunsure
08-30-2004, 12:33 AM

I think i most probably would!

Julie
08-30-2004, 01:00 AM
I would not and will not quit crossdressing, it is important for me to have time to be someone I want to be.

LilSteff
08-30-2004, 05:23 AM
never, I love to dress up.

clarissa3d
08-30-2004, 05:39 AM
How does one quit being yourself? :confused:

flicka
08-31-2004, 02:11 PM
NO WAY! Not in my situation. Just wish we could go off somewhere and be together as man and wife! Alas, as we both have offspring commitments, and neither of us is "out" this cannot be..

rjazco
08-31-2004, 04:44 PM
would quit in a heartbeat. tried many a time.. screwed up one marriage because of this.. to many mood swings in my life... up down, back and forth, good bad, happy sad, love it hate it.... Would be nice to look at a real woman and enjoy her beauty instead of allways wondering what i would look like in her attire... I know there is no magic ... what is normal?... could be worse.. I am straight

Danielle1960
08-31-2004, 05:52 PM
Wow this is a tuff one. I have felt so at ease with this idea and have grown alot since I stopped denying the urge. I would love to take a month off and just live enfemme but then I might not come back. For my wife who is still with me (she is a shining example of being a woman) and my kids I would take the magic pill. If they weren't an issue then I wouldn't. Now a days I feel like I'm crossdressing when I dress in my drab state. Of course I do this 99% of the time.

Well time will tell and I will think on this one some more.

Confused? Yea probably! but I love it anyway! :)
Danielle

crispy
08-31-2004, 09:47 PM
the only time I feel really relaxed is when I'm lounging about in the evenings wearing a sexy bodysuit, or drifting off to sleep wearing a baby doll nighty.

It's part of me that I know I will never, ever give up.

KewTnCurvy GG
09-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Shinya,

Don't know as anyone caught this but this was an interesting Freudian Slip:

Then I could have lived as a male in piece.

I think it's both, don't you?

You're at peace when not in piece(s).

hugs
kew

Marda
09-06-2004, 02:49 PM
~
What's to quit ???
Last I heard Chewing Bubblegum is *Not* one of the Seven Deadly Sins !!!
~
Re:
"rjazco..." would quit in a heartbeat. tried many a time.. screwed up one marriage because of this.. ""

Don't you got this backasswards ??? I already screwed up CDing with one marriage ... I'll *never* make that mistake again !!!
~
/ Marda

chantelle
09-06-2004, 02:54 PM
THink of killing yourself.The pain will be less and your friends might hate you less.As a student of human behaviour i think that this is the quility that makes us who we are
not less than we really are.Anyway why is it so important to be normal in life .Most of my friends know about me and all of and the world would not want to change you.Think girls we have the best of all the two genders and we 'MAAKE IT LOOK GOOD'

Amelie
09-06-2004, 03:32 PM
How does one quit being yourself? :confused:

If I was to quit I would have to throw all myCD stuff in the rubbish bin, and then I would have to follow.

Love Amelie

emmacduk
11-06-2004, 09:43 AM
the answer is No I like to dress up so much and with legs like yours I think everyone knows the answer happy dressing
hugs
emmacduk

Stephanie Brooks
11-06-2004, 09:51 AM

Welcome emmacduk! I hope you enjoy the place!!!!!!!

Now, to the response.

No. I couldn't. Some of my best and most creative work has happened because of my femme side. As much as it has caused me pain, I'll stick with how, who, and what I am.

Wendy me
11-06-2004, 09:52 AM
no way not even if thay came up with a patch for it

genevieve_ohara
11-06-2004, 10:58 AM
I've thought about quitting.

For me, it wouldn't be any big deal.

Love

G

Darci Charlotte
11-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Simply: no. This is who I am.

Georgette
11-06-2004, 12:14 PM
NO way I to much involved with this that to quit would be the end.
I quit smoking 20 yrs ago and I was a 3 pack a day smoker I quit COLD TURKEY, it was not easy and I have tried to quit CDing but to no avail. :p

LOTS OF LOVE Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be. :rolleyes:

Sweet Susan
11-06-2004, 01:34 PM
This is actually a more complex question than I originally thought. I think it hinges on "if I could." Jill is correct when she says that it would certainly make my life simpler. One thing is for sure, I'd be able to wear shorts in front of family members again, as well as sleeveless t-shirts. Not sure if that one thing is worth it.

Robertacd
11-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Nope I would not quit. If I had the chance I would certainly have done a few things in my life differently, but crossdressing I would keep.

racquel
11-06-2004, 01:53 PM
never

Serena
11-06-2004, 02:51 PM
No, I love dressing up as a woman, it's very fun to do. I would never give up my skirts and thongs and other stuff if I could. Simply put, I love it too much.

sharon Michelle
11-06-2004, 03:09 PM
It seems like a lot of ladies have tried and failed, me as well. I would never try again since I have come to terms with my feminine self and look forward to going all "out".

Julie
11-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Simply: no. This is who I am.

Darci says it in a nutshell. No
Julie J

kylie
11-06-2004, 04:29 PM
I can't ever imagine giving up. I am still fairly new - only last six months - and learning new things about myself all the time. I tried makeup for the first time just a couple of weeks ago. WOW, what a feeling that was!

It is wonderful to escape the usual me and adorn my body in sexy lingerie and move in a lovely, slow and sensual feminine way.

What else could replace that?

MistyCD
11-06-2004, 06:03 PM
No Way, the clothes feel too darn good to give up!!!

SultrySara
11-06-2004, 07:55 PM

Well I think the controversial word is desire, if the desire were to disappear then it would not be missed either. I love to dress up and imagine i am the woman I was suppossed to be born as but the reality is I am a man that feels like a woman and the social complexities of that just SUCK!!! in a perfect world it would not matter but I think if the desire was not there (I would rather have never had the desire instead of having it disappear after I had experienced it my whole life) at all my life would be easier and I would not feel so anti-social all the time since Sara has never seen another person. I am who I am and this is who God made me to be so I have to deal with this and I am ok w/ it most of the time. But I guess it is the same as being gay, what homosexual would not rather have a more accepted lifestyle if he/she could choose??? The reality is we are who we are and and we are all put on this earth to accept that (in my opinion anyway). My personal feeling is that if God intended me to be a girl he would have made that happen though I wish I could figure out why the hell i feel the way I do?? oh well I guess I need to end this rant now since I could seemingly go on forever. I just had to put my two cents in since this was such a good question. (I hope nobody is offended by my opinions) :p :p

Love,
Sara

Bonnie-OR
11-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Thank, but I think I'll stay just the way I am. I'm just really getting to know this side of me, and I really like her. Besides, I've spent soo much on clothes, wigs, and shoes. Huggs, Bonnie

ieya
11-06-2004, 08:23 PM
simply NO!! never would quit nor intend to quit. im going little further actually.

love ieya

Marlene4a
11-06-2004, 08:29 PM
No.

Victoria Pink
11-06-2004, 08:44 PM
I've tried to quit a few times, so I suppose technically I would answer the question "yes". That said though, this is too much a part of who I am. I get depressed when I try to quit. The only reason that I would quit it seems is because of the feelings in society about cd'rs. This woud be hard on my friends and family if they knew. At least I am glad that my wife accepts this to some degree and does her best to work with me and gives me opportunities to dress.

Victoria

cfbpcm
11-06-2004, 08:58 PM
I have viewed many of your responses and I do agree that it would be very hard to quit. However, I get so excited and turned on when I dress that my blood pressure goes way high. My doctor is concerned and so now what do I do? I love the feeling( I'm dressed right now, makeup and all and lovin' it) My problem is I guess that I get really turned on and then have to masturbate, and then the blood pressure goes off the map. Because my family doesn't know about my dressing, I would hate to have them find me dead sometime while being fully dressed. But I guess at that time it wouldn't really matter.

Sharon
11-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Being a transvestite is a large part of who I am. It's not as simple as choosing not to wear any particular piece of clothing or make-up. When I be man, I am man, but when I can escape that world I do with both legs leaping.
So, I wouldn't stop if I could. This is a big part of who I am.

MichelleWilliams
11-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Again, no I don't think I would be able to give up dressing.

Rachel Ann
11-06-2004, 11:34 PM
(((Jill)))

Well, I am still awfully new here (though not to CDing). But a cat can look at a queen.

I think that the question is moot. This isn't a pathology, or something that we can or should "get over". The years that I kept Rachel in the closet, however good the reasons seemed to me at the time, were damaging to both of us (Rachel and Rick). And the desire never went away, I just became stoic and then in denial.

So, no matter what you must or should do in the context of your life, stay good and loving to your inner girl and she will be the same to you.

Fondly

ChristineRenee
11-06-2004, 11:44 PM
No. Then I would be in total denial. It's a major part of who I am and it took too long as it was to admit it and come to terms with it. I'm a better person overall because of Christine and I refuse to try to deny her existence anymore.

Sweet Susan
11-07-2004, 01:17 AM
This thread nees to die. We are here because we want to be here. I love being what I am.

Sara Kat
11-07-2004, 01:37 AM
I love being what I am.
I wish I could feel the same.

Sweet Susan
11-07-2004, 01:38 AM
You can!

Marlene4a
11-07-2004, 02:20 AM
Susan-----I agree.

Parliamentary law. Second the motion

Dana Grrl
11-07-2004, 04:38 AM
Absolutely NOT, I love the girl inside.

Since12
01-15-2005, 04:30 AM
Would I Quit? YES!

That is the reason why I found this fourm in the first place. In the past 5 years my life has been hell and I have been crossdressing since age 12! For 12 years I have off and on CD'd and I really want to end this part of my life. No offense to anyone CDing, I absolutely understand you, where you are coming from and the admiration you have what you do. I have it too. But...

If I was asked by God, by a Genie, by a Mystical Magical thing "Since12 do you want to be 100% male and never CD again" I would say "Yes and let me never have tried any of it in my life!"

I have quit many times, just like all of you have. I have learned the hard way that when I feel like quiting, to pack away it all in a box, put it under my bed and live day by day and hope that this time, this will be the time it finally leaves me alone and gets out of my life. It is too expensive to go and buy all that stuff again, never mind nerve racking buying it and have some little prissy girl give you looks at check out (even if I don't care it still pumps my heart harder then anything!)

I love who I am but if I could, I would rid myself of CDing and just be a boring male. Actually if I had the option I would want to have a body of a hot sexy pretty girl and be 25 for 1000 years and also remember my life as a guy so I could appreciate it! But I would take being a boring male if I could. That is how I feel.

ChristineRenee
01-15-2005, 04:42 AM
No...I like who I am. I feel very special...like I have the best of both worlds. I've been a CD since the age of 12 too. I'm 53 now. When I was younger I might have felt more like you do, but I don't look at this as a negative anymore and haven't for many years now. Christine is the best part of who I am...how could I ever give that up?:)

That's how I feel about it.

Love,
Christine Renee

Since12
01-15-2005, 04:49 AM
My girl inside of me is named Amy. Right now though she is not really welcomed in my life because I am tired of being alone. No girl I have met would ever accept both sides of me. So if I had the option to be 100% boring male, I would take it.

It is nice though, to know there is a place like this. I have been alone with this problem for 12 years and it is nice to know there really are people like me out there.

Since12
01-15-2005, 04:55 AM
Just for the record, I love CDing. And I do not even consider wearing a bra or whatever Crossdressing. It is as normal to me as it is to a girl! Crossdressing to me is wearing a cross on your body. But I am a CD more then anything, and I am 100% straight! 100% because there is nothing homosexual about wearing clothing.

With that said I would opt out if I could, but after 12 quits over the years I would only do it if it could absolutely cure me.

Vickie-CD
01-15-2005, 05:48 AM
Absolutely NO, I have "felt" female for as long as I can remember. Hard to explain, but to quit would be like a death. To me, cross-dresing is very much deeper than just dressing, to quit, there would be no more me. Even with all of the biggotry, hatered and looked upon as a freak in both the staight & gay community by many, I would not change a thing. I would like to add that for those that have condemed me for what I am, I can't really hold anger against them. They cannot possibly understand me any more than I can understand how they can be filled with so much anger because I did not come out of the same mold they did.
Love,
Vickie

Vickie-CD
01-15-2005, 05:51 AM
Absolutely NOT, I love the girl inside.
I love the girl inside also, that is a big part of why I have to project her on the outside to make her complete as possible.
Love,
Vickie :)

antanea
01-15-2005, 06:09 AM
i probably say yes in a way but i know that i don't want to. i just dont want to hurt any body feeling if they found out as it would kill me just knowing that i let my family & friends down.

Wendy me
01-15-2005, 06:28 AM
i would not quit it's part of who i am i love to dress up and have fun the whole thing dressing and the way this has brought a calm and peace into my life i can say that this is who or what i realy am.............and besides what would i do with all of my fem things????????????????give them away ??????????no can't do that wendy would just go shopping more............the easy answer is yes i would.........sometimes that might be nice but deep down no one has to ask you if you could quit..........a passing fad well if it is it's passing real slow over 35 years now and no end in sight .............
not that i want a end..................wendy is here to stay

rachel_rachel
01-15-2005, 06:45 AM
I've once or twice before, and look at me now.

I once threw all of my clothes out and a few hours later went back the charity bin i put them in and got them back, + some.

I can turn it on and off like a light bulb, when i want to. The long hours at work make it an easy excuse not to dress.

A purge can be good for you somtimes, but not completey quitting.

Rachel

Wendy me
01-15-2005, 07:01 AM
I've once or twice before, and look at me now.

I once threw all of my clothes out and a few hours later went back the charity bin i put them in and got them back, + some.

Rachel

rachel + some??????????????? :rolleyes: be nice

nancygirl__f
01-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Tried to quit once. Threw everything out. Wish I could go back in time now so I could get my things back. Never again!!!

joann
01-15-2005, 09:49 AM
If I could..?YES....But I tried and cannot....and I love it so.......joann

Wendy me
01-15-2005, 10:11 AM
i might but my dues are all paid up....................

Kassandra
01-15-2005, 11:56 AM
My girl inside of me is named Amy. Right now though she is not really welcomed in my life because I am tired of being alone. No girl I have met would ever accept both sides of me. So if I had the option to be 100% boring male, I would take it.

It is nice though, to know there is a place like this. I have been alone with this problem for 12 years and it is nice to know there really are people like me out there.

Since12:

Both of you are welcome here. And I, personally would like to hear from Amy.

All of us have been through the darkness. Here, you are not alone.

I know that I too would have answered yes to the gender genie if I had been asked. The rejection and pain I suffered as a child because I wasn't macho still aches. If I could have been spared that agony, I might have taken it.

But then, Trista would not have been born. Me. And that would have been sad.

I cannot deny the duality of myself. For the longest time I tried to supress the female that I knew I was.

I came to the realization that it was suicide to do that. So, at least inside my own head, I treasure my femininity. And here is a place where I, Trista, can grow as the HUMAN BEING I was meant to be.

Since12, your posts seem so hurting. Hopefully you can find some relief from that pain.

Love

Tris

Christiane
01-15-2005, 11:57 AM
NO!

Love,
Christiane

Kassandra
01-15-2005, 12:08 PM
As I posted to Since12, yes. When I was younger and could avoid the pain, sure. Let's see now, not being called a queer, sissy or faggot because I throw like a girl. And I don't like sports.

I never came on to any guy, and consider myself hetero. Sure that littlel boy would have taken that in a minute.

Today, of course, not a chance! I really enjoy being me. And to be without me and only have the male part, is suicide. Plain and simple.

And you girls here have helped me see that a lot!

Thanks again!

Tris

Melissa A.
01-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Obviously, a controversial topic for some.

THere have been times in my life when I would have said yes, but that desire to stop came from A belief that if I could just be "normal", the pain I sometimes felt would stop. For years, I thought if I found love, the other things that make me me would become less important or go away.

Well, I found the love, but not being who I am cost me dearly. Not just because denial and suppression affect other areas of your life, but because the the things that make me Melissa make me a truly better, more well rounded individual. I believe that.

You might as well ask me if I want to rid myself of the things that make me a nice, decent guy when I am not Melissa. They are intertwined.

Since I have come out, and decided that this is a part of me, the peace I feel is astounding. Every other area of my life has improved as well.

THe pain, the fear, the hiding, the secrets are all a thing of the past.

I am happy.

Who would want to lose that?

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Maddie Knight
01-15-2005, 12:31 PM
NO
I did not choose to be a tv it part of who i am, giving up is not an option. :)

Stormgirl
01-15-2005, 02:10 PM
I'd rather be turned into a female.

racquel
01-15-2005, 03:05 PM
never! :eek:

Olivia
01-15-2005, 03:52 PM
No, I wouldn't give it up. There was a time when I was much younger, before I had really come to understand who I was, when I would have thought "yes, good riddance". Not now. Now crossdressing is more a part of me than ever before in my life. As I have aged, I've come to embrace it, revel in the part of me that IS Olivia. I enjoy it even while acknowledging that it can complicate life. So can many other things; and most of them are not part of the essential me. Olivia is just that. I am Olivia even when not dressed, she is still there. This alter-ego has enriched my life in so many ways. Give it up? Not a chance. It's me and Olivia, together through it all, to the end. O

Since12
01-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi Trista and everyone,

So far I can see that everyone here is as nice as I am, caring, passionate and sensitive. Our society thinks that if a man is caring, passionate or sensitive that he is a dandy, a homosexual. That some how he is, something. Which is not so at all. Some of the greatest people who ever lived are that way and were not gay at all.

We all say we don’t really care what others think of us, but that isn’t true either. The human species has a deeper urge then anything and that is to belong. We might not care what some snooty teenage girl thinks of us at check out but we still want to belong, have friends and to be loved. That is something none of can deny.

If I was given the choice I would have picked being a boring male all the way, but only if I would never in my life had to go through anything CD like. There is nothing wrong with me, I am strong, I am smart and I appreciate who I am. Just with the choice I would choose to kill this Since12 and become a “normal” since0, being a man from birth.

I know that if I never existed as since12 that my life would be very very different. Who knows what I would have done as a “normal” teenager, I do know that CDing kept me from screwing around in High School and probably a lot of other things. Instead CDing helped me to use my mind and opened my mind creatively and I would not be the accomplished artist I now am. And if there wasn’t such a stigma about a guy wearing women’s clothes I would be quit the ladies man. It has been a long time since high school and being an adult has been easier and at least I know who I am. Unlike the hell I went through as a kid (but I probably wasn’t alone)

I do not consider my self a girl or a man. I am Me and to me sex organs are not what is important. Amy really isn’t an alter personality or voice in my head or anything like that. Amy is A-ME or Me. I go by Amy only because people know how to say it. A-Me is who I am.

And to be completely honest with myself, I would only want to be a boring male if I met the right Girl. I would like the choice to be up to me, that is what I would want more then anything.

GraceUSA
01-15-2005, 10:39 PM
I wish I could answer this question but I don't think I can. One part of me wants to say yes, please take this way. But that side is the side that wants to fit in, be the person that my family and friends think I am. Another side would be completely and utterly rude to the person giving me the choice, as if there is something wrong with me that needs to be fix. Another part of of me would say yes but only if I was born a woman, but then again would I really take that choice? Growing up was hard enough, but to do it without the protection of being a guy outwardly might not have been possible for me.

Since12, You will know when Mrs Right by the fact that accpets all of you, even if she doesn't understand it. I'm still waiting myself and their is no way I am going to hide or turn off part of me so she could "love" me.

Grace

jenny_cheerleader
01-16-2005, 01:01 AM
Crossdressing in my opinion yes it is fun and comfortable but i wish that i had not been born like this. There is not a day that goes by that i dont wish that i was not the way i am. Yes i can admit it. I wish i wasn't and onec i tried to quit - it lasted 5 days. Anywayi sit here in my medieval dress and pink leather jacket and still wish that i was not who i am
-Jenny

sherri
01-16-2005, 01:06 AM
I have also posted this response in another thread, so if you've already read it there, please indulge me.

Can I ask y'all a question or two that address this subject at what is perhaps a superficial level?

1. Why do gender women dress the way they do?
2. What idiots got together and decided men must dress the way they do?

In most modern cultures, women go to extraordinary lengths to accentuate their sensuality, hide their imperfections, heighten physical attraction and generally celebrate the female form. The tools that have evolved to accomplish all that are very effective. Take away their razors, makeup, hairstyles and fashions, however, and a great many of those beautiful creatures would cease to be ... well, lovely creatures. But why would anyone want to do that?

Well, that's exactly what these same cultures have done to men. Who says hairy legs on a man are inherently sexier than smooth shaved legs? I say that's a conditioned response. From an evolutionary viewpoint, we all started out hairy, but somewhere along the line somebody arbitrarily decided that half of us get to shave and the other half doesn't. And who the hell decided only women can use makeup, or wear sexy skirts and shoes? Somebody please tell me why everyone assumes a man can't look good in a skirt? I'll say it again, these are conditioned attitudes.

Now I'll admit that generally speaking, the female form is prettier than the male's, at least to my eye. But I'll tell ya something — there are a lot of CDs in this forum who look really good to me, and I find myself attracted to you both physically and emotionally. For example: Jill, you started this thread, and you're having some doubts about things, but I gotta tell ya babe, those legs in your avatar pic really turn me on.

And I'll tell you something else. I don't know how you feel about it, but in my opinion the males in many contemporary societies are under siege, largely as a result of the feminist movement and political correctness, and there is a degree of symbolic emasculation inherent in these shifting standards. But at the same time this is happening, these same societies ostracize any male who wishes to physically or emotionally express a softer, more feminine personality. There's something Catch-22 about such a double standard, and that irritates me.

I know, I know that the matter of m2f crossdressing involves much deeper issues than how we dress. I know because I feel them; crossdressing is more than that to me, too. I have read several girls in this forum say that crossdressing isn't a matter of male or female for them — physically, emotionally and sexually, they are just being themselves. That's exactly how I feel.

But I'm not trying to be comprehensive with this post. I'm just sayin ...

nicki
01-16-2005, 03:32 AM
No,,its who i am and sruggled with it for years, Accepted it and wish i had done that many years before . I love going out in low cut waisted jeans,,lil top heels or a night on the town in sexy blouse and little mini. i love how it makes me feel..so natural and so me

Rikki
01-16-2005, 03:51 AM
Before I found this forum, I would have given updressing had I been able to, Lord knows I tried to give it up several times and couldn't but now that I see that I am not alone, I think I would not give it up now. I have liked dressing for the last 47 years, so will keep enjoying. Just my two cents.

Rikki

alba68
01-16-2005, 12:43 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in a word lol :)

Wendy me
01-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Crossdressing in my opinion yes it is fun and comfortable but i wish that i had not been born like this. There is not a day that goes by that i dont wish that i was not the way i am. Yes i can admit it. I wish i wasn't and onec i tried to quit - it lasted 5 days. Anywayi sit here in my medieval dress and pink leather jacket and still wish that i was not who i am
-Jenny

girlfreind that is so sad who you are is who are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,might be time for you to realy look into who you are.........you might be suprized at what you find ;)

racheal
01-16-2005, 02:03 PM
I will never quit crossdressing. I am so confortable wearing women's clothing it's hard to think of a day that I would not. I have been waering womens clothing (of some sort) for over five years now and am getting to the point where I don't care if anyone notices the bra that I may waer under my tight shirt, or be afraid to go anywhere. We all need to band together and make this a happy world for us all. :)

Lucy Coleman
01-17-2005, 12:14 PM
NO, never.

Ariel_TV
01-17-2005, 01:18 PM
I would never quit , it much too fun :)

Wendy me
01-17-2005, 01:26 PM
quit ???????????????i am just getting started.....................shop on .............

fauve
01-17-2005, 01:31 PM
I'd miss seeing your great legs... :)

kate

p.s. thats a great avatar shot. I'd love to see the full photo..

Paula A
01-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Quit?

If I was born a macho man with out the need to express the other me - I would have never started CDing in the first place. so no need to quit.

If I was born a female - again no need to CD so... no need to quit.

However since I have both male and female charectar traits and to be truely happy and true to ones self (ME) I will have to spend my life flip flopping back and forth as my mind requires. but since now i understand why I am the way I am and I can feed either the male me or the female me depending upon my mood, I guess I'll say, no I won't quit because it's like the way i have to be.

If I was offered a magic potion to make me either all male or all female I don't think I would take it. Being male and being female each has nice things about each I like to enjoy. But again if the magic potion could make me a shape shifter, so I could assume either roll depending on my mood - I'd take that one.

So to answer the question, NO I don't think I could and if I could-I wouldn't.

Melissa A.
01-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Yay, Paula. Similar to what I said, sort of.

We are lucky to be who we are.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

LindaTS
01-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Absolutely not.

jessica64
01-18-2005, 08:37 AM
No No No No No after thinking about it still No I love being Jessica and I also like my male side I just wish everyone chose when they got up in the morning to dress as male or female then there would be no predudice against us
Love Jessica

alberta55
01-18-2005, 08:38 AM
I love to put ladies panties and bras on it so good,I would not get out

Cheree
01-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Flatly............................NO! :) :p :)

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 09:36 AM
i just did this mornning thats right gave it all up that whole cding thing ...............
worst 10 seconds of my life never again..............................

SilkenPrincess
01-29-2005, 05:46 PM
This is a difficult question for me because the question only addresses one aspect of the CDing. As the question has been stated, the answer is yes, and I have. But the real issue for me is not the clothes. Clothes are only the whipped cream on the top, the dish goes much deeper than that. I fit the classic definition of a TS. I am a woman trapped in a man's body. But, there are problems. I made commitments in the past that shouldn't have been made, but they stand nonetheless. I must honor them, my nature will not allow me to abandon them. I don't CD anymore. I made a promise not to. Would I CD? Given current situations, no. However, if and when things change, which I believe they will eventually, I will return to it, never to give it up again. I guess it's more of a sabbatical than a cessation. If the opportunity should ever arise, I know which road I will follow, full transitioning.
LOve,
SilkenPrincess

Tracie Lynn
01-29-2005, 06:56 PM
I think a one word sentence applys here N0. L & H Tracie

kirsti
01-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Allison Vamp,
HI there.
I thought perhapes I was the only one that threw out pretty,soft and sexy clothing,its releiving to know that I wasnt the only one that made a bad choice once upon a time.
regret regret regret,
amongst the pretty things were sexy dresses that are irreplacable,aww so sad,never again will I.
As for the post reply the best way is to find out for yourself,throw it away and see if your ok with it in 6 months or so,if not then join in with the regret,if you are ok then itll be fine for you,word of advice perhapes you should consider putting your items in a small rental storage unit to see if your ok with it,that way its not so accessable,and if you find out that you are what you beleive you are then you wont have to repurchase everything again.

ladonna bronson
02-03-2005, 02:11 PM
I once thought that I could permanently quit dressing. Have purged more times than I can remember. An expensive habit. I think Kristi's idea of renting a locker for your feminine finery is a good suggestion. It's hard to keep finding new hiding places around the house. Believe me, I"'ve tried. My nonunderstanding wife has informed me that if she ever catches me on a TG website again, or finds any article of feminine clothing that isn't hers she will show me the door. Notwithstanding this threat Il cant live without trying to bring out my girl self.

sherri
02-03-2005, 02:35 PM
This is a difficult question for me because the question only addresses one aspect of the CDing. As the question has been stated, the answer is yes, and I have. But the real issue for me is not the clothes. Clothes are only the whipped cream on the top, the dish goes much deeper than that. I fit the classic definition of a TS. I am a woman trapped in a man's body. But, there are problems. I made commitments in the past that shouldn't have been made, but they stand nonetheless. I must honor them, my nature will not allow me to abandon them. I don't CD anymore. I made a promise not to. Would I CD? Given current situations, no. However, if and when things change, which I believe they will eventually, I will return to it, never to give it up again. I guess it's more of a sabbatical than a cessation. If the opportunity should ever arise, I know which road I will follow, full transitioning.
LOve,
SilkenPrincess
I don't know what your situation is, but I respect your commitment to your responsibilities. I hope that your integrity is someday rewarded in a way that fulfills you and earns you the respect and devotion of those for whom you have sacrificed.

xoxo

cdgirl
02-03-2005, 03:42 PM
i tried so many times before and you know i must
be a fool. something like this and give it up no way.
shania twain sings it so right man i feel like a woman.
from cdgirl man dress me like a woman for always.

Priscilla1018
02-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Most definately not. To do so would kill Priscilla who is a much nicer person than that other A.H.

Love and hugs,
Priscilla :D

Wendy me
02-03-2005, 04:46 PM
i could quit but why???????????????i just abought got 2 of everything .............then what would i like go shopping for?????????????????????????????????????

TanyaLynn
02-04-2005, 10:51 PM
NOooooooooooooooooo

No way I love tanya to much.And am proud to have known her. Shes a great girl.
Hugs TanyaLynn

Jan W
02-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Dear Jill,

This is a question we all ask ourselves at some time. I think I would not because the exquisite feel of femme under and outer ware is too lovely to give up. Also CD'ing is a large part of what makes us who we are. If we are better people for it it goes a long way towards balancing the negatives.

Love Jan

kirsti
02-05-2005, 04:04 AM
I have matured,so no giving up the essential me would not be me any longer.
The magic pill never works out to satisfy.

LaurenAnne
02-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Well, I believe it's a little too late now. I'm a grown man, and my crossdressing has helped [or hurt?] mold me into the person I am today. Taking it away would remove an important part of myself.

While I am now reasonably comfortable with my crossdressing, it wasn't always the case. Growing up with this was difficult, and certainly had a profound effect on my self esteem, and my ability to socialize. I understand some of us are perfectly comfortable with this right out of the box, so to speak. But I was not. Feeling "different" & dealing with the shame since the age of 5 or 6 really had an impact on my development. As well, I lost a woman I was very deeply in love with due to my crossdressing getting out of hand. So, if I could click my sexy little heels together and whisk myself back in time to start things out differently, I would. In a heartbeat.

sherri
02-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Would I? If there was a compelling reason or circumstance, yes I would.

Could I? Yes. I can do whatever I have to.

Would I choose to? I have no reason to quit.

Holly
02-05-2005, 01:47 PM
To me it's almost the same as asking if you could stop breathing, would you? In either case, something is going to die.

SilkenPrincess
02-05-2005, 02:25 PM
I don't know what your situation is, but I respect your commitment to your responsibilities. I hope that your integrity is someday rewarded in a way that fulfills you and earns you the respect and devotion of those for whom you have sacrificed.

xoxo
Thank you Sherri, that means a lot to me, it really does. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Jennifer_G
02-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Yes I quit tomorrow if I could and believe me I have tried to stop more than once.

I think the reason I dress is to escape from being myself which is due probably to insecurity and self lothing !!
I am looking for some inner calm which I seem to find when dressing.
Maybe if I was more happyin own life that I would not feel the need to dress, all I know for sure is it would be less complicated trying to constantly hide for fear of being found out.

Bizarrely though even though I have a fear of being discovered I have taken some big risks as the thought of possible discovery is also a buzz

Confused? I think I am.
Depressed? How crap do you need to feel to know? All I can say is that I experience some pretty severe mood swings.
Right now I could cry, tomorrow I may get up and be absolutely fine, thats how it goes.

So yea i'd give up to make life easier its just I'm not sure how much I need to dress to get my inner peace.

dazed and confused !!

sherri
02-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Maybe if I was more happyin own life that I would not feel the need to dress,
Maybe, or maybe an emotionally stable life all around would help you enjoy dressing without loading it up with so much expectation and anxiety. I know my mood swings are worse when I start slipping into the escapist/obsessive thing. I think the alter-ego concept is kinda dangerous too.

I'm happier when I step back and remind myself that it's all me. Sometimes "me" gets to wear a skirt, and sometimes she can't cuz she has other things she has to do. It's all good. Work on the part that's making you unhappy, and the rest will work out one way or the other.

I'm no expert, but it works for me.

Sweet Jeanette
02-05-2005, 10:22 PM
NO!---------I like what I am!-------------------And,---WHO I am!!! :)

NoraT
02-07-2005, 02:14 AM
There have been several times in my life when I have "purged" -- getting rid of all my clothes, shoes, and wigs. It didn't work. I was so miserable, because I was denying a very beautiful and good part of who I am.

Many of us go through this. It's sad, but it taught be an important lesson, to love myself.

MichelleGray502
02-07-2005, 07:55 PM
If you would off ask me that question 20 years ago i would off problay throught about it a bit but would off ended up saying never. I have enjoyed dressing since i was 16 years old now (41) and it has been part of me ever since i love the feel of silky lingerie underneath my outer clothes and been being able to walk around with my skirts swirling around it is the best feeling you can ever have and also a nice blouse or sweater on top and not forgetting a nice pair of silky tights on under my skirt as well. when i am dressed i feel pretty good about myself and it gets me more motive to things when i am not dressed i am happly married to a wondeful lady that understands michelle and supports her very much and she said to me dont ever quit.

to make a long story the answer is never Michelle is part of me and will be to the dayi pass on.

terpgirl30
02-09-2005, 11:50 AM
For those who have told a girlfriend/wife, have you discussed parameters? So many are afraid to tell that person because they fear disapproval.

So you tell her, and she says she can deal with "only at home" etc....would you abide by that, or would you secretly thing she'll change her mind as time goes one.

I deal with someone, and I knew from the start. From all the reading I've done, and I'm an honest person, I let him know what I could be comfortable with and what I couldn't be comfortable with. I have a teenage son, for example from a previous marriage. He couldn't handle it though he knows. It's too "in your face." As far as going out in public, I've said go to a support group/like group in another town as he travels. (We live in a small town, and the crap the teenager would take would be horrible.) That seemed to work. We make decisions for ourselves but if you are in a relationship, particularly with children, you have more to think about.

How do you handle it?

Kim DJ
02-09-2005, 12:29 PM
i love being tg and wouoldnt have it any other way. bring it on baby!
love
kim

Janet K.
02-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Kirsti has a good suggestion with putting the items in a self-storage unit to see if you can live without dressing. I have made the mistake too many times of purging my items whenever I really should have stashed them somewhere. There are so many dresses and shoes, along with some fairly nice wigs, that I would love to have back. I would hate to figure out how much in clothes I have thrown away or donated to Goodwill whenever I have purged. No more purging for me. I am who I am.
My next plan is to get a hanging rod and a shoe rack for my storage unit---my clothes are too nice to be stuffed in bags all the time. If the SO goes to the storage unit (doubtful--she has no reason), she'll be in for a surprise! :( :cool:
There are ways to keep the SO from finding out about the girl in you. I have hidden this fairly well and will continue to do so until I feel she is open enough to hear what I am saying. Right now, she won't be objective about it. Until then I will be dressing in secrecy as much as I possibly can. This is something that I can't get rid of. It's something I really don't want to get rid of. Juana is a huge part of me. If I could she would be an even bigger part of me. Work and family kind of prevent that from happening. All I know is that racing season starts around here in a little over a month, which means that I will be working a couple of evenings each week over at my driver/car owner's house getting the car ready, and then dressing afterwards. Racing season opens up so many options for me. The SO expects me to be home late on those evenings, so if I leave a little early, I can spend a couple of hours en femme. I just can't wait for a rainout after I have already left to go to the track---perfect opportunity to spend good quality time en femme.

Jasmine Marrie
02-09-2005, 02:31 PM
i would't not quit becuse this is who i'm am and nobody can change that

Merinda
02-09-2005, 03:16 PM
your desire to dress was gone forever. Would you take it?

Ok I think everyone has taken Jills question the wrong way , Jill is not asking if you would give up crossdressing coldturkey she is asking if you had the power to remove the DESIRE ( being the craving force) would you do it?

in other words is CDing a blessing or a burden for you?

DonnaQueen
02-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Absolutely not! I am happy being who I am.

Stephanie Brooks
02-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Ok I think everyone has taken Jills question the wrong way , Jill is not asking if you would give up crossdressing coldturkey she is asking if you had the power to remove the DESIRE ( being the craving force) would you do it?

The CDing is the blessing; society is the burden. I wouldn't remove the desire. (What in the world am I saying?!)

Merinda
02-10-2005, 04:52 AM
The CDing is the blessing; society is the burden.

I have to say I agree 100% with that statement. lol
:D

Dannii South
02-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Nope, not ever, not never, no way!
I'm me and I'm more than happy to have been born the way I was.
Wouldn't change it for the world, but that's my view.
Dannii

NoraT
02-12-2005, 01:28 AM
No, never.

Elysia
04-22-2005, 04:57 PM
There have been times in my life when I would have answered ‘yes’ to this question. How I answered it would depend on my mood. For most of my cross-dressing life my moods followed a general pattern. For me the gentle pull towards cross-dressing has always been a pleasant sensation, like reflecting on a beautiful flower; to this extent cross-dressing is like having a secret garden in my mind, I’ve never wanted to reject that. The plan to cross-dress was the anticipation of forbidden fruit and there was a thrill in the clandestine machinations of preparation. I’d like to say that dishonesty was a cause for concern but it wasn’t. I rather liked playing the covert agent and never felt bad about getting away with it. Then there was the moment itself. This was sexual fervor. I loved wearing lingerie; panties, bra, garter-belt, stockings, the more elaborate the better—the quantity and quality of available items would change depending on how long it had been since one of my periodic purges—and I’d prance around, look at myself in the mirror and luxuriate in decadent splendor, till eventually I could resist no longer and had to masturbate. Then…. Then, after the heady rush of a climax, I’d come down from my high and suddenly I’d feel quite different. My mood would abruptly change. I’d experience a flood of self loathing and I’d rush to clean up and hide away all traces of my deviance. Then… right then, if you asked me, “Would you quit if you could?” I’d have said, YES, YES, YES. Of course, that mood would pass too and the cycle would begin again. As I’ve grown older things have changed. I still detect a similar cycle but it is far less intense. The desire to cross-dress is still very much part of me and is still like having a special garden in my mind but it’s not as secret as it used to be. Now my adorable wife knows about my garden and shares its pleasures with me. The fruit is no long forbidden and, in retrospect, I’m glad that I don’t have to be sneaky about cross-dressing. It’s still fun to break a taboo but I’m not lying or stealing anymore. I still get a sexual thrill out of dressing and still, when I'm on my own, often end up masturbating but I don’t experience self loathing anymore. So you see it’s been a very long time since I’ve been in the mood to quit cross-dressing.

Merinda
04-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi Elysia ,

A " secret garden" is a lovely discription , your story sounds similar to mine.

I find the desire to dress is now much less than when I was younger , I have hundreds of photo's of myself in all different outfits to look back on.
The reason for so many photos is if I ever give the game away I will have a comprehenive nostalgic collection to refer to , I can get mind lost in my photo's without going to the trouble of dressing all the time.

Elysia is a lovely name by the way , one of my daughters friends name is Elyssia with a double (s)

Sophie
04-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Yes I quit tomorrow if I could and believe me I have tried to stop more than once.

I think the reason I dress is to escape from being myself which is due probably to insecurity and self lothing !!
I am looking for some inner calm which I seem to find when dressing.
Maybe if I was more happyin own life that I would not feel the need to dress, all I know for sure is it would be less complicated trying to constantly hide for fear of being found out.

Bizarrely though even though I have a fear of being discovered I have taken some big risks as the thought of possible discovery is also a buzz

Confused? I think I am.
Depressed? How crap do you need to feel to know? All I can say is that I experience some pretty severe mood swings.
Right now I could cry, tomorrow I may get up and be absolutely fine, thats how it goes.

So yea i'd give up to make life easier its just I'm not sure how much I need to dress to get my inner peace.

dazed and confused !!

Don't be sad, or confused.

you are beautiful.

i'd love to be a UK angel. I've looked at the websites and would love to be a part of it.

You are a stunner. Stay happy and stay beautiful!

Sophie

eileen1969
04-22-2005, 05:45 PM
There were a few times I really thought I could give up my female self! sadly, and most of all I can't believe that I could think of the very thought! Sometimes, I feel a bit insecure and even afraid!? Being a man does not help any! lol seriously! they were merely thoughts, at the time and I was at a very self-destructive time in my life! The greatest thing about that experience is that my female part of me did not give up or give in! Its all about balance and I am so glad that Eileen is very much me! today, I am as one and I am beautuful and strong plus free! and I would rather die to even think about imprisoning my female self ever again! much love Ronx0x0x0 :)

Cissy Suzie
04-22-2005, 06:27 PM
I would quit if you paid me. Then I would take the money and go shopping on eBay for that pair of strappy sandals I have my eye on. :rolleyes:

Quit? Hell no! Never! :cool:

Ashley in Virginia
04-22-2005, 06:35 PM
I'd quit in a heartbeat. If someone came and said if I cut off my arm and it would make me stop, I would run to the shed and get the chainsaw. I hate this, and the guilt that I harbor over it.

Selina
04-22-2005, 07:07 PM
I'd quit in a heartbeat. If someone came and said if I cut off my arm and it would make me stop, I would run to the shed and get the chainsaw. I hate this, and the guilt that I harbor over it.

Sorry to hear that Ashley. Don't know if this is any help or not, but I spent a long time feeling guilty and ashamed about my CDing, and went through purges, and promising myself I would stop (which never worked of course).

But over time I gradually decided that trying to fight it was pointless, and why was I trying to fight it anyway? I know that society in general doesn't approve, but that's just tough. I learned to just accept my CDing as just being part of who I am, and now I wouldn't want it not to be a part of me.

Yes, in some ways it makes life complicated, and there's always the fear of being found out by people who you'd rather not know, but all in all I wouldn't even want to stop any more.

I hope you manage to get over the guilt (or if it's what you REALLY do want - that you manage to stop).

Hugs - Selina.

Samantha Jane
04-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Never :)

You only have one go on this earth (not loads of repeats like the BBC) and so live life to the full. :)

Charlotte Anne xx

Selina
04-22-2005, 07:12 PM
I would quit if you paid me. Then I would take the money and go shopping on eBay for that pair of strappy sandals I have my eye on. :rolleyes:

Quit? Hell no! Never! :cool:

Absolutely...
[Edit: About the sandals, that is - not about quitting :)]

Sel.

Peggy Sue
04-22-2005, 09:26 PM
No, would be my answer as well. Crossdressing is my expression of the girl that resides within me. Although I have a male frame physically, I am truly a female when it comes to my personality and/or psyche. My interests and desires, my reactions and emotions are more that of a female by far. Crossdressing is the opportunity for my female self to express herself. Crossdressing is vital to my life, and I "plane just love it".

All the best to my CD sisters here at the forum.

Peggy Sue :)

Rayna
04-22-2005, 09:30 PM
NEVER ever ever.... for one, i could never go back to wearing boxers... too boring. I cant imagine a day without panties :)

Cassandra Marie
04-23-2005, 03:04 AM
Absolutely not, no way!! Crossdressing is as much a part of me as breathing is and quite actually, I really love doing both. If it was "poof, taken away," a large part of me would be, "poof, taken away," with it. This is who I am and I kind of like me. My answer is an emphatic...NO!!! :eek:

Yours,

Cassandra

GypsyKaren
04-23-2005, 05:35 AM
IN a word, NO! Dressing has been to much a part of my life and has gotten me through some pretty difficult times. It is my safety net when things go bad for me. Couldn't picture myself without it.
GypsyKaren

derminator
04-23-2005, 05:37 AM
Quite simply - NO.... and no need to explain why either

Lady Jayne
04-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Yes! in a heartbeat never having to wear BOY CLOTHS again...... Bliss!!!!

Wendy me
04-23-2005, 12:04 PM
i would have to say no i would not quit... no why stop now?????

stephanie1977
04-23-2005, 01:21 PM
I, like so many others have gone through the process of purging everything I had due to guilt and ridicule when someone found my hiding places. I told myself so many times that I would never do it again only to have the overwhelming desire to express my feminine personality, present itself all over again. Some may say I caved in to the pressure but I have come to realize through numerous sessions of therapy that it is a natural part of my life that will never go away. I'm not saying it isn't possible for someone to give it up because I don't know, I'm just saying that it isn't a possibility for me. For those that wish to be able to give it up, I wish them all the sucess in the world and for those who don't want to, keep up the great work expressing your feminine side.
Stephanie :)

Brenda Elizabeth
04-23-2005, 03:56 PM
NO...NO....NO

I have tried a couple of times to quit in my early years, but the passion to dress intensified each time on returning. I have no desire to go through those periods of deep depression again, so I have to say that I have no intention of stopping again.

Brenda XXX

utcdkim
04-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Never NO,NO,NO I love this to much!!!

Kim

Stormgirl
04-23-2005, 05:05 PM
*screams* NEVAR!! ( its misspelled for a reason)

Oooorah!

like my sig ladies? :p

=\

adrian
04-23-2005, 05:12 PM
my effort to put my life in order is held together by heels and hose andfem clothes in short no

Ellegant-1
04-23-2005, 11:16 PM
I must admit, that I cannot quit dressing up myself. I totally agree w/Jen about being depressed. I get offended hearing the word gay when it is said so rudely from folks that have know idea about compasion. Im not sure if Im gay. I adore beautiful women and femmed out pretty boys. Is that wrong? I feel more at peace w/that inner woman inside of me when im dolled up'. I can't help but admire beautiful dresses and soft lingerie.
Well Im here and I hope I can meet some others that feel as I do on a descreet-level,

Worried=
Ella.

Marlene4a
04-23-2005, 11:56 PM
noe

SexyGodess18
04-24-2005, 02:19 AM
To be honest i would yeah i would i kinda wish i never put my sisters pantys on that one night 2 or 3 years ago sheesh but as for now i can say that that wont happan so hell, bring on my step sisters clothes they feel so good

Nicole-18

stevie h
04-24-2005, 06:57 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

stevie

xx

my indecision is improving

xx

Susan Smith
04-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Have dressed since I was ten. Will never stop.

pantylover1
04-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I've been dreaming about cd for years but never had the nerve to go through with it till just recently. My wife supports me 100% . I' m going to start a whole new wardrobe complete with heals skirts the works.

ronna
04-24-2005, 09:02 PM
If men weren't meant to wear women's clothing, they never would have invented it!

Don't you ever wonder why the biggest names is fashion wear are men?
Sure, they give the clothes girl names, but they came from their own imaginations.

Khriss
06-21-2005, 05:31 PM
ronna's right- though Carl Lagerfeld in drag ooouch-hehe,,,, My regrets now,,, are former purges,,, such a loss-ohhh (well) , I've realised after MUCH consideration,, I'm stuck with Khriss- she with Me perhaps,, an unhappy marriage-often enough but- likely "till death" as the vows, state,,hmmm,,, reality bites, ya-know?? xx"K"

Jonien
06-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Would you like the moon on a stick? that I can do.

azure
06-21-2005, 05:44 PM
my issue is having the constant, unrelenting, fixed and persistent knowledge of being female within and being stuck inside a body that is male. If these thought could be taken away , if my every second thought about vile I feel could stop, if I could have a normal life and not have to always bloody hide,
have relationships which dont have this bloody issue always waiting in the wings, I'd love to have a wand and wave it all away to be just female or just male. Im sick of it to be honest.

Deborah757
06-21-2005, 05:51 PM
my issue is having the constant, unrelenting, fixed and persistent knowledge of being female within and being stuck inside a body that is male. If these thought could be taken away , if my every second thought about vile I feel could stop, if I could have a normal life and not have to always bloody hide,
have relationships which dont have this bloody issue always waiting in the wings, I'd love to have a wand and wave it all away to be just female or just male. Im sick of it to be honest.

I feel exactly the same. I couldn't have said it better,

SUSANNE
06-22-2005, 11:54 PM
To Whomever,

I've always thought about this, about the beatings I got just because I
liked to wear girl's clothes. When it was over, when I was out on my
own, all I had left was the desire, or need. Whatever it is. Whatever
it will be. I don't know. All I know is, finding this forum has saved my
life.

Thank you.

Love,
Susanne

Stephanie Mancini
06-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Give up the Mancini Magic?, Never!

Steph

orchard
06-23-2005, 12:10 AM
if it would really go away.
but it wont, so...no?

emmicd
06-23-2005, 12:56 AM
No, I will never stop cross dressing. Like so many of you girls have expressed it is an integral part of my life and just feels so natural. To me wearing a dress with panties, bra and stockings underneath feels so much better than wearing a suit and tie with boxers.

I am not ashamed of being a guy. In fact I welcome being a male. However I still love retreating from time to time into those pretty outfits that allow me to feel like a girl.

I will definitely cross dress my entire life and have no shame about it. I just don't want to hurt my wife or son. I don't want to feel selfish either as I indulge in shopping for femme clothes. I do feel compelled to buy for my wife too and not just for me.

I will probabaly ask to be dressed en femme when I leave this earthly existence. Hopefully I can enjoy going out dressed en femme before that happens.

Emmi

kysmet
06-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Can I change the wish around? Didn't think so. So the answer is NO. I finally learned to accept who I am to the fullest and be happy with it. I don't want unnecessary change anymore.

Ericka Jean

Nanci
06-23-2005, 07:10 PM
No, I will never stop cross dressing. Like so many of you girls have expressed it is an integral part of my life and just feels so natural. To me wearing a dress with panties, bra and stockings underneath feels so much better than wearing a suit and tie with boxers.

I am not ashamed of being a guy. In fact I welcome being a male. However I still love retreating from time to time into those pretty outfits that allow me to feel like a girl.

I will definitely cross dress my entire life and have no shame about it. I just don't want to hurt my wife or son. I don't want to feel selfish either as I indulge in shopping for femme clothes.

Emmi

I absolutely, totally agree with the ideas you have expressed, Emmi. That is how I feel, too. I read so many comments about how many of you have been ashamed of dressing and tried to stop. I sympathize with you and the anguish you have experienced, but I have to admit that I have never felt that way. This has always been my little secret and I have NEVER felt guilty about the private moments that I have spent in my feminine finery. I have purged a couple of times but that was largely because of life circumstances that made me fear that I might be discovered.

And, yes, I don't want to do anything to hurt my family, so I have let that feeling curb my impulse to dress a few times. Mostly, however, I am very content to dress when I can, and to think about it just about every day in between times when I actually get to dress up. :)

Nanci

Adrianne
06-23-2005, 08:10 PM
No is my answer

Jesse69
06-23-2005, 08:32 PM

I would quit if God would bless me with wealth, a beautiful wife, and good friends. People really hate me for crossdressing although I am a closet crossdressor and never go out in drag. It's just that I buy too many womens clothes and I spend more on womens clothes than on mens clothes each year!

If I quit now I won't purge - I'll sell my stuff on ebay to get my money back! Like I did spend $205 on a Casual Corner 3 piece suit once.

emmicd
06-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks Nanci for your sentiments. It feels good to know that I am in good company. I appreciate your comments.

I wish you and your family well.

Emmi

lorna2cute
06-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Quit if I could?!? :eek:

http://img42.echo.cx/img42/3094/no6rr.jpg

To me, that would be like asking me to quit playing the guitar, or quit loving sunsets. Or like asking a parent to give up their child. I wouldn't dare. I love this part of myself too much to give it up, and I know that I would rather be dead than to ever have to give up this part of me.

And I don't care about who has a problem with my CDing - allowing Lorna to exist saved my life.

Sara Kat
06-24-2005, 01:17 AM
Sometimes. Right now I still haven't been able to come to terms with it. My female side hates my male side and my male side hates my female side. They both want totally different things and I haven't found a way to make them live together in peace. When I'm constantly at war with myself and have no personal support (as in people around me and not people on the internet) then I do wish I could just stop.

If I found a way to balance out each side and had some support then I wouldn't see a reason to quit.

Mitzi
06-25-2005, 12:28 AM

CDing has given me an enormous amount of enjoyment and pleasure (and adventures), and I'll probably never give it up. But in the context of the question, as Merinda has clarified so well, yes, I would give it up. Without the desire, there would be no point in dressing...and I wouldn't have this side of me to hide. That's the part of CDing I dislike, having to be secretive about it. I was outed once to a few aquaintances, it's an experience I hope never to have to face again.

Mitzi

Rachel Ann
06-25-2005, 03:55 AM
Whatever for? It took me so many years to get to this point! I never want to go back in to the closet again :D

More seriously, I think that like other folks in the GBLT spectrum, this is just the way we are and it can't be wished away - only repressed.

Kimberly
06-25-2005, 04:06 AM
I wouldn't quit. Crossdressing has made me who I am: drag OR drab...

It's given me an outlook on life, love, gender and discrimination that I wouldn't have if I was just a boring guy. CDing has enabled me to become friends, and empathise with many GGs, and therefore I am one of the lucky men on this planet to not find GGs a strange and wholey different species!

Good luck to all my fellow sisters!! xx

jenniferluv
06-25-2005, 08:35 AM
If this could happen there would still be the large part of me that is considered "feminine".(the part that is sensitive, compassionate,caring and just a "really nice guy" as I have so often been accused of. No, I would not quit because it would take away part of what I am. I am a very masculine looking and sounding guy who "feels" very much like the typical female stereotype. And, you know, I like the way I feel much more than the way I look and so i "see" myself as female even when I look in the mirror--a rather dyke looking one but female none the less!!!

Lisa Maren
06-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi Everyone

If that could be done without changing me as a person I would quit.

But!

I don't think it can be done without murdering off a significant part of me, so my answer is that I would not.

Quitting my crossdressing would be like riding a bike with one square wheel. I suppose it could be done, but it sure as hell wouldn't be a very comfortable ride!

Better to do it, love it, and enjoy the ride! :D

Hugs, Lisa

mariej
06-25-2005, 04:31 PM

NO!
And miss all the fun. No way.Most people only have one miserable existance to play with. I have two and I regard that as a blessing not a curse!
L&P
Mariej
xx

Kelly Ann
07-01-2005, 07:47 PM
If I where given the opportunity to quit crossdressing and their was a magical moment where everything went 'poof' and my desire to dress was gone forever. I Would take it? New to this site but been crossdressing since I was 14years old and love it.

FionaAlexis
07-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Well I purged and stopped for over 10 years so I know I can quit dressing. But I can't quit being transgendered. However if I find that I can't achieve the levels of confidence, personal fulfilment and activity I want to get to - then I may quit dressing again.

Fiona xx

Rachel Ann
07-01-2005, 11:27 PM
But I can't quit being transgendered.
Yes, this is one of those gray areas - some CDs are TG and some aren't. TG doesn't go away any more than one's sexual orientation does - although it is easier to repress for those of us at the lower (non-TS) end.

I suppose that "hobby CDs" (non-TG) may be able to move on and never look back. One of them, if there are any here, will have to speak for herself.

karen marie
07-02-2005, 04:47 AM
no way,it would be like killing the biggest part of myself.
besides,my wife would be devistated.she so loves karen.
hugs,karen.

Cindy K
07-02-2005, 06:00 AM
NO WAY, it makes me feel alive when en fem, I wish I could stop wearing male clothes, sadly I have to dress in horrible boring male attire. :cry:

LaurenMar
07-02-2005, 06:02 AM
If the part of me that wants to dress was taken away I don't think there would be much of me left.

So the answer is a resounding no but yes it does tend to complicate life.

Lauren

suzym4u
07-02-2005, 07:54 AM
So my question stands, would you quit if you could?

NO...NEVER

Pip
07-02-2005, 04:36 PM
I suppose that "hobby CDs" (non-TG) may be able to move on and never look back. One of them, if there are any here, will have to speak for herself.

OK, I'll bite. I do consider this a hobby and not a way of life. I do it more for the enjoyment my wife and I both TOGETHER get out of it. I guess it has shown me that I have a femme side that I wasn't truly aware of but that doesn't make me TG.

Could I stop and never look back? If the day comes that we aren't enjoying the passion that we've discovered from all of this then yes I could.

Do I want to?

Nope!

Pip

biddy
07-02-2005, 04:47 PM
NOT A HOPE IN HELL OF ME EVEN CONTEMPLATING THE IDEA:chained:

Tristen Cox
07-02-2005, 06:59 PM
NOT A HOPE IN HELL OF ME EVEN CONTEMPLATING THE IDEA:chained:

O K ! :p

Julie
07-02-2005, 07:11 PM
I've often wondered what my life would have been like had I not been born transgendered, if I never had the urge to crossdress, if I never felt the need to be feminine. But that's like saying what would my life be like if I had been born rich, or in another country or in another race. I'll never know so it's futile to spend any time on it.

What I have done is look at all that being transgendered has taught me. And it's taught me a lot about people and how we are all struggling to make a good life and how we all have burdens we carry.

Would I quit if I could? No, but I would like to have my privacy back or at least have controlled the outing process.

Now, where did I put my purse? :D

kymmieLorain
07-02-2005, 07:27 PM
no plain and simple. I live feminine styles and cloths. Much better that the drab cloths boys wear.

Kymmie

Clare
07-03-2005, 07:35 AM
Not a chance!

Although my cd'ing has caused me much concern and sometimes difficulties, i value my time as Chrsitine and the only way I would give her up is if i had the big operation, which is unlikely as it not something i actually desire.

Christine has been a part of my life for 30 yrs, if she disappeared, my life would be missing something important.

Christine