PDA

View Full Version : a mile in her shoes.....

Wendy me
09-26-2007, 06:06 AM
i went to a wedding yesterday after noon i a red neck wedding lol different but wicked cool .... OK the title of this thread ...........a mile in her shoes... it was a outside wedding with dinner and the wedding things in a old converted barn relay rustic but cute ..... the ceremony was beautiful ....... the bride was just stunning .........

OK OK OK the thread title ..... a mile in her shoes... quite a few of the women at the wedding wore heels some to die for .... and some omg you left the house with them on??? some wore flats .... a few in work boots (rember red neck wedding) ....know what i saw ??? lol ankles wobbling knees shaking on the women that wore the heels (the to die for cute as well as the omg you left home wearing them .....) and almost anything was fair game to hold onto for balance ....translated they for the most part could not walk in heels....while a few glided around in to die for cute heels like they were walking on air.....

my wife complaining abought her 2 inch heels lol...i said give me a break i could wear 4 inch heels all day long and i have .... :D...

i know most of us have a little thingy for heels and love them .... i was so stunned to see how many of the women had a hard time wearing and walking in heels.....

DAVIDA
09-26-2007, 06:16 AM
Wendy, I have had the pleasure to attend a Red-Neck wedding! Talk about a hoot!
I think that a lot of those that attend have a hard time with heels do so because there are no good shoe stores in the woods!

Christine Kelly
09-26-2007, 06:18 AM
Just goes to show who should be wearing heels! :happy:

After all, they were originally designed for men to increase
their statue in the french court. Thus the term: 'well heeled'.

erickka
09-26-2007, 06:35 AM
I have seen, for the most part, that redneck girls can't wear much more than a cowgirl boot without a lot of practice. Heels just aren't for tromping around thru cow patties!

caryn m
09-26-2007, 06:44 AM
hi girls, womens place niagara ( a local shelter for abused women) is holding a fundraiser called "walk a mile in her shoes" males collect pledges and hopefully walk a mile wearing high heels. sounds like great fun doesnt it!
the bonus is, if you collect $1500.00 in pledges you are allowed to wear fuzzy pink slippers instead of heels. last year they raised $20,000.00 with this.
they are asking for donations of heels in size 12 or larger. i guess we will be
out of luck trying to find heels in our local thrift stores but it is a great cause. thanks for letting me ramble caryn

uknowhoo
09-26-2007, 07:02 AM
My wife's kinda wobbly on her heels too. Just like playing piano or tennis, drawing, a 5 y/o tying shoes (or spelling!:tongueout)... walking in heels just takes practice - which is why so many of us are so proficient!! :D

Btw, I liked your lil ramble Caryn ;)

Carol A
09-26-2007, 07:14 AM
I can relate to your post as I live way out in the country and walking in heels outside on uneven ground in the dirt just ain't as easy as in the city on smooth ground. Maybe the girls were tip toeing around the barn because of what may have been on the floor :heehee:

Wenda
09-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Wendy, I have had the pleasure to attend a Red-Neck wedding! Talk about a hoot!
I think that a lot of those that attend have a hard time with heels do so because there are no good shoe stores in the woods!

I have had the same privilege Davida, and, I believe, been incorrectly spotted as a Common Redneck by untrained observers. Although Jeff Foxworthy brought the Common Redneck worldwide recognition, its territory is not limited to Georgia.
I personally have made thousands of confirmed sightings in the three Canadian prairie provinces, as well as ND, SD, MT(a distinctly robust sub-species), WY, CO, OK, AZ, NV, NM, and of course, Texas. The Plains Redneck can easily be spotted at sports bars, tractor pulls, mud flings, rodeos and other events.
I have spotted thousands of the West Coast Redneck in British Columbia, Oregon, Washington, and parts of California.
A particularly hardy variety of redneck thrives in Australia and South Africa.

HOWEVER, the male version of the species sometimes attracts exceptionally attractive females who, because of their unique physical qualities, can mimic other species. Some of the females, I believe are, in fact, not truly female Rednecks, but other species attracted because of their exuberant mating behavior, physical displays, or simply lack of reasonably attractive mates in their normal territory.

The female Rednecks having trouble in high heels are very likely inexperienced in this mode of pre-mating ritual. With practice, they can become very proficient as well.
Wenda.
PS, you do have to wonder where they find those shoes, though, don't you?

MJ
09-26-2007, 07:45 AM
after 4 hours in my heels my feet get sore but never wobbly lol , and i have a thing for heels :happy:

Robertacd
09-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Well you know what they say.

Before you talk bad about anyone, walk a mile in their shoes.

Then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes.:rofl:

Billijo49504
09-26-2007, 08:52 AM
We went to a wedding where all the guys, including the groom, wore white shirts and black jeans. And the all had on cowboy boots. The bride in a white dress, but her court all wore skirts and nice sweaters. Nopt a heel to be seen. But the food was good and the beer was cold, so it was a good time..BJ
ps. the groom had a red rose annd the rest of the guys had pink roses pinned on.

RobertaFermina
09-26-2007, 09:00 AM
I walked two miles in my heels once...I walked the third on bare feet.

Too much of a Good Thing, You Know ? :hugs:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Angie G
09-26-2007, 09:04 AM
I find it not hard in the least on 3 and4 inch heels :hugs:
Angie

Daintre
09-26-2007, 11:41 AM
As much as I love heels, I am only good for a few hours in them, Hello flats! :D

Mitch23
09-26-2007, 11:50 AM
i had just the same experience recently. i took a car load of three girls, my wife and two friends to a wedding and they were all struggling in their heels - and they weren't that big either. Felt kinda smug that i would have been the only one who could walk properly in them!

mitch

Melinda G
09-26-2007, 12:06 PM
I can walk miles in heels, and have, many times. On the other hand, I have seen women hobbling around in heels, like they never wore them before. Many women only wear heels occasionally, to special events. I wear them around the house, almost every day, just to keep in shape. Where is it written, that women should walk better in heels than men? It just depends on what you are used to. :D

JulieC
09-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Just goes to show who should be wearing heels! :happy:

After all, they were originally designed for men to increase
their statue in the french court. Thus the term: 'well heeled'.

Close, very close. They were originally designed for men riding horses, to prevent the foot sliding forward in the stirrup. These shoes evolved in the French court into 3"-4" heels no longer suitable for riding.

Deidra Cowen
09-26-2007, 12:45 PM
I think you make a very interesting point Wendy...had not thought about that but actually so few GGs wear heels I do actually kinda tune right in on a GG when I see one with heels. Like everyonce in a while ya will see a Lady in jeans but has heels on...oh lord that looks great but is rare.

So you are right I bet...we CDs actually are better at walking with them than most GGs! Lets face it...I almost never see a Tgirl without heels!!! :tongueout

Tina Dixon
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
You are so right Wendy, a lot of women can't were them, but I have been seeing more hi heel on gals now than in a long time.

RobertaFermina
09-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Since women's hip sockets are set further apart by their wide hips, and many are "top heavy" in a way that offsets the stabilizing weight in their buttocks and hips....they may not be as stable in heels as men.

They are top heavier, and shift more from side to side as they go. That's a recipe for WOBBLE, according to my physics understanding.

So heels are for MTFs (CD or TG or TS).....Lucky Me !:cool:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

crunchysoda
09-26-2007, 04:59 PM
All the shoes i use to wear would have some kinda of heel in them (boots, casual shoes w/heels, platforms).
I like that they make me look longer/thinner and I have nice legs.

BUT

my flat feet have gotten worse and those just arent comfortable enough to wear every day w/o me worrying about spraining an ankle or killing my ankles.

I prefer 2in the best, and 3in if they are platforms.

Now, though I wear a lot of New Balance Athletic shoes that my podiatrist recommended.

If Im wearing a dress you bet your bottom dollar Ill be in heels. I have no problem walking in them, even w/my hour glass figure. :tongueout
If it werent for my flat feet (no arch), Id wear them all the time.

Practice, practice, practice!

Tamara Croft
09-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I find it depends on the type of heel on the shoe/boot etc. If they are over 3 inches, they have to be more of a block heel for me, or I wobble... because I'm quite top heavy. I can walk in stilletoes... but only when drunk :tongueout I do however tend to snap them :bs:

JenniferR771
09-26-2007, 09:04 PM
I can walk perfectly well in most heels (I own about 20). But stairs, uneven ground, or slides that do not have a heel strap--no thanks.
I have some slides that come off my feet too easy--I call them my suicide shoes.

Delila
09-26-2007, 11:45 PM
I practically taught my wife to walk in heels. I find it terribly amusing when I go out and see women walking on heels that they are clearly incapable of wearing. Every wedding that I have ever been to including my own women were wearing amazing heels that I was dreaming about days later that they could not walk in. I guess that just like tights cders just appreciate some things more.

sterling12
09-27-2007, 12:24 AM
I think what your really commenting about, is the inability of a lot of women who no longer wear heels. At least not on a regular basis! I think that in the old days, when women wore heels at work, going to shop, and pretty much all the time they were out of the house, they certainly could handle a few hours at a wedding, uneven ground or not.

I do a lot of dancing, I dance with a lot of women who have danced in heels all their adult lives. They don't have wobbly, weak ankles. And, they almost always wear 4 inches and higher. So, it's probably just a lack of familiarity, practice, and the "slobbing down" of America.

Peace and Love, Joanie

P.S. I can last at least 6 hours in my heels:tongueout

My Lady Marsea
09-27-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't have a hard time wearing heels but my problem is the width of the shoe. My toes get all crunched up and after a while really start to hurt. Once I'm in the car and off of them for a while it's like I get a second wind and I'm good for another hour or two. Wish 11 WWW were a dime a dozen, these med or just W are killing me LOL but I'll still wear them. I LOVE my heels, even with the jeans I wear all the time. And as any good Girl knows Each time I go out in heels I drag along a matching color pair of flip flops, just in case LOl.