PDA

View Full Version : Too Hot To Cross Dress?

annekathleen
09-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Has anyone experienced the discomfort of trying to dress up when the temperature is too hot and the humidity is too high? Unless you have central air conditioning in your home or apartment, dressing up isnt too much fun when the temperature is around 90 degrees. It makes it difficult to put on a bra! (I snap in the front then slip it around.) It doesn't slip around when you're all hot and clammy and sweaty. Try pulling up pantyhose when you're all sweaty,too. I prefer cooler temperatures when I'm dressing up.
Looser fitting panties are a welcomed treat when its hot...I'll wear lace boyshorts when it's hot ( more ventilation ) instead of a nylon brief.

LindaTS
09-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I too am from upstate NY. Sometimes a bit uncomfortable but I'm one who dresses fully every day, including PH and makeup. I wouldn't have it any other way. Being a woman, that is.

Veronica Fallon
09-26-2007, 01:28 PM
It's very hard in Florida unless you plan well to stay in air-conditioned spaces. Nothing worse than sweaty panties, boobs, or "make-up trickles"!! I'm ready to be a snow-bunny!! :bunny:

Melted Hugz,

Veronica

Deidra Cowen
09-26-2007, 01:35 PM
I freaking hate the summer!!! :eek: Makes it really hard to dress enfemme and go out. Sometimes here in Atlanta even in the evening its still over 90 degrees. I run to my car as fast as I can and blast the AC in my car. Once I sweat a bit I find my foundation makeup loses that natural glow. So heat is a Tgirls enemy!!!

I guess those than have had laser and are on hormones...don't need all the makeup and wigs do better...but not me! But the good thing is that it is already cooling off here in Georgia. I can even go shopping in the afternoon and not melt. :tongueout

Marla S
09-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Yup heat sucks.
But mascara, nail polish, and some floating clothes do always work.

loki_uk
09-26-2007, 01:41 PM
When it's too hot and I'm clubbing I forgo the wig, put on hold ups rather than tights and go easy on the makeup....so I look like a hairy bloke in a dress but if you can't get away with in a tranny club where can you

Theres no rules saying you HAVE to dress up to the nines all the time...

Linda C
09-26-2007, 01:43 PM
I just started wearing a wig and damn if it is not a hot addition to the body - I have been using AC and a fan to cool down - fortunately it is starting to cool down and I am prepared to venture out when the time is right... :thumbsup:

Melissa A.
09-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, the heat stinks. Makeup is uncomfortable, your wig feels like a wool winter hat, and for those of us uncomfortable with the look of our upper arms, having to go sleeveless or short-sleeved requires some imagination. Firstly, I make sure I have the a/c on. Then, I go lighter on the makeup, and simply do not wear any kind of hose. I also just dress less often in the summer. When going out, I don't stray from the air conditioned car much. If I do go for a walk, I usually find a shady spot in the local park and read a book. (less movement= less sweat). I also carry tissues in my purse to dab that spot just below my nose that ALWAYS sweats! Needless to say, bodyshapers of any kind are out. I always prefer just a bra and panties, anyway, unless wearing a very shapely dress or something, which ain't gonna happen when it's like an oven out there!

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Joanne f
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
If it is to hot then for me it is just a long loose fitting skirt and nothing else:D

DonnaT
09-26-2007, 02:26 PM
I set a fan on the bathroom sink to keep cooler when dressing and applying makeup.

A small portable fan carried in the purse also helps a little.

Brianna Lovely
09-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I agree, the heat can be tough, that's why I stick to skirts, most of the time.

Theres no rules saying you HAVE to dress up to the nines all the time...

This reminds me, I saw a news clip of a Gay Pride parade, I think it was from Sydney, AU, and someone was holding a big sign that said:
"You don't have to act straight, to be Gay".

stacie
09-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I love the summer, you just need to dress for the temp. You don't need to wear pantyhose in the summer, And make up, why cake it on.... Summer can be a lot of fun if you know how to dress. Look at what females wear outside when it is hot and just take it from there.

Keely
09-26-2007, 05:38 PM
This summer it was mostly just casual for me. Shorts or a skirt and top, light makeup. But the wig sure was hot. It may finally be cooling off. 70 now but was 94 on Monday.

Carroll
09-26-2007, 05:41 PM
I see I share the same heat issue as my fellow New Yorkers (Ithaca here)
I just cant when it hits a cetian temp. Just wearing the wig causes me to sweat something terrible

eleventhdr
09-26-2007, 06:16 PM
I thought the whole point here was that if and when you do crossdress in female clothing in hot weather it was to be more comfortable dressed in skirt's and dresses since they are far more loose clothing and would be much more comfrotable then wearing jeans pants and shirt in really hot weather that is what i would love to be able to do in hot weather i also do advocate skirts dresses for men as well and what you do wear underneath is of your own accord as well me i would go for wearing sipls and half silps underneath and other nice comfortable feminine type underwear as well makes much more sense to me male of\r female why not wear what is comfrotable indeed when are mlaes going to be allowed to dress as they do choose oh well!

Suzy Ann!

Jocelyn Quivers
09-26-2007, 07:25 PM
I hate the heat, I hate sweating when en-femme mode. I shelled out $400.00 this summer for a portable AC unit just so I could remain comfortable.

Alice B
09-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Here in S. Calif. it is rarely a problem. We are so spoiled that when the humidity gets to 47% we bitch. When it is hot it is usually a Santa Anna condition with humidity around 4-6%, thus not a problem to dress. Just keep hydrated.:drink::drink:

KarenSusan
09-26-2007, 08:48 PM
If it gets in the 85 to 90 range, I either forego CDing or just wear panties, a skirt and blouse. Nothing else.

MistyCD
09-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Wearing dresses, pantyhose in Hot weather. Nah, give me a break thats not even close to being hot.

Now, take a 95 degree day, wear a pair of long pants, heavy socks over your other pair of socks, a full set of firefighting turnout gear, meaning bunker pants, a heavy coat, nomex hood and gloves, a leather hat, boots you can barely walk in, carrying a scott air pack that weighs 30 lbs on your back, and lugging a water filled hose into a building on fire!

Now thats Hot !!!!

Mistycd
former Volunteer firefighter
for 21 years

sissystephanie
09-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Misty,

God bless you and all other firefighters. You really do know heat.

As for my CD activities here in Hotlanta, it just means less clothes!!:heehee:
As an insurance salesman, I have to wear wool slacks, dress shirt and tie, and sometimes even a jacket. Can't wait to get home, strip down to my panties (yes, I wear them almost all the time) and get into some comfortable female clothes. That does include a bra! I am originally from the Northwest, so it took a while to get used to the heat and humidity here. Thank Heaven for AC!:happy:

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Samantha B L
09-26-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't like the heat either. When I was 13 years old in 1969 we got 2 window air conditioners put in our house and me and my brother and sister were just in heaven. Since then I've had air conditioning in all but a couple of the places I've lived in. But I still have to forget about dressing until the hot weather is over. Even if you've got air cond. the 90 and 100 degree weather makes the best fem clothes seem yucky and unappealing. So I just tell myself the urge will still be there in Sept.or Oct.which it always is.

ArleneRaquel
09-26-2007, 10:03 PM
This Summer my wigs have made my heard perspire much more than in past years, I have also worn pantyhose less fequently this Summer, just the other day I went out to shop dressed in shorts, but no hose. :happy: :love: & :hugs:Beyonce Welch - Hotter Than Ever

Stephenie S
09-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Ladies, you are trying to wear too much clothing. Whe the temp goes up, ya gotta dress light. Loose the panthose and bra. A nice light sleeveless top, a light swishy skirt on your bare legs, sandals, a touch of lipstick, and you're good to go.

Summertime can be fun.

Lovies,
Stephenie

ArleneRaquel
09-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Ladies, you are trying to wear too much clothing. Whe the temp goes up, ya gotta dress light. Loose the panthose and bra. A nice light sleeveless top, a light swishy skirt on your bare legs, sandals, a touch of lipstick, and you're good to go.

Summertime can be fun.

Lovies,
Stephenie

I would feel naked :eek: - Drink Chardonnay - You Just May Cool Off -Beyonce Welch - Me & My 40 - C :thumbsup: :love: & :hugs:

vikki2020
09-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Hello October, good-bye heat!I had to cut short an outing last week,because it was too dang hot.I was falling apart.We should have some 60 degree weather here for awhile----perfect for walking around the city.

Bernadina
09-26-2007, 11:27 PM

Summertime can be fun.

Lovies,
Stephenie

I agree. And wear a short haired wig if need be.

BTW, anyone who is wishing to cool down, come to Canada's "wet" coast. Heat we've not got :(

Angie G
09-27-2007, 12:32 AM
When it's to hot I just dress in a skirt tank top and my heels :hugs:
Angie

sterling12
09-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Veronica, Brianna and thousands of Sista' CD's live here in Florida. We have to deal with the heat, virtually all of the time. We have 90+ days and 90+ humidity about 9 months out of the year. We just learn to deal with it!

The really hilarious part is when a lot of people from New York, or someplace else in The North, come down here in January or February, they think they are in paradise! And so, they fall in love with balmy Florida, buy a house or condo, and foolishly believe it's going to remain at 75 degrees in the daytime and 60 degrees at night. Not true, come March and our "Not really Springtime," it immediately gets hotter than hell and will remain that way through November. All Snowbird, about to be ripped-off home buyers should remember my words.

A worthwhile tip for Cding in Florida when it's hot. Put antiperspirant on your face BEFORE you put on foundation. Sort of works pretty good....also wash out your panties EVERYDAY! That's not necessarily for your benefit, it's for ourselves.

peace and Love, Joanie

Joy Carter
09-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Looser fitting panties are a welcomed treat when its hot...I'll wear lace boyshorts when it's hot ( more ventilation ) instead of a nylon brief.

Microfiber panties are nicer and last longer than lace one. Plus much more comfortable.:D

faltenrock
09-27-2007, 02:21 AM
I fully agree, heat isn't that much fun when dressed. Sweating makes me feel very uncomfortable. I like mostly temps below 65 F, but higher than 50 F. Then I don't sweat or freeze.

Suzy Harrison
09-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Over here in the summer the temperature is usually between 95 F and 104 F. On a really hot day it could reach 113F. The hottest I've ever experienced was 117F in the north of the state.
The good news is that the humidity is usually only 20% when it's that hot, so it doesn't feel so bad.
You have to stay indoors in the air con, or the car in the a/c or the mall in the a/c.
Otherwise your head seems to boil and your foundation slides away from you. The good news is you can get a fantasic tan just walking out to your own post box!

JoanFlores
09-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Being in Texas, it is hot, so I just put on my bikini, sandals, loose top, sun tan lotion, and enjoy the pool.

Cassy11
09-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I hate the heat and humidity. Wigs, makeup, foundation garments, panty hose, I'll wait for a cool Fall day to get into complete CD mode

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-27-2007, 10:06 AM
I do like the fall since it gets cooler and makes things much more comfortable. I stopped wearing pantyhose in the summer since it just don't work in the midwest, plus I heard that it is appropriate to wear sandal style heels without stockings. I like it better since I can show off my painted toe nails much better.

Butterfly Bill
09-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Well I don't wear wigs or makeup and I LOVE being able to go around in a loose fitting rayon dress with nothing on underneath and feel the warm breezes up and down my whole body.

jennifer41356
09-27-2007, 12:00 PM
I live i Dallas and love the summer, cute tops , short skirts , cute shorts..I dont wear pantyhose usually in the summer, but it does help having some air conditioning:D
:love: