PDA

View Full Version : What do we call NON-cd'ers?? A tongue-in-cheek look at lables.

Veronica Fallon
09-27-2007, 10:55 AM
I haven't yet seen any common consensus on references to non-CD people. What all names have any of you run across so far??
If there is no common title for those poor creatures, maybe we should start one?

I'm thinking...

~ "Drabbers"

~ "Norms" (short for normals)

~ "Ords" (short for ordinaries)

~ "Plain-folk"

or

~ "Pervs" (People Espousing Role Varient Subjigation)

Whattaya know?? Whattaya think??

TG/CD/Bi/W/M,

Veronica

SweetCaroline
09-27-2007, 11:00 AM
In the Sisters group I belong to we refer to our non-dressing supporters/ members as LADIES and GENTLEMEN, it's as simple as that. As apposed to the T-Girls who are called SISTER.

I don't know what I would call the non-dressing population as a whole however.

Marla S
09-27-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't consider them poor creatures as long as they are happy with their gender expression and gender roles.

That's what it is all about finally: Be happy who you are and show it. That should hold true for them too.

The how should solely depend on the individual, there is nobody poorer or better off.

Call them cisvestites if you want or straightdressers.

Kate Simmons
09-27-2007, 11:06 AM
If I know someone, I prefer to just call them their name. When referring to others, I just call them people, folks,guys, girls, men or women. I just don't label people in general per se.:happy:

Sally2005
09-27-2007, 11:36 AM
How about just stick to what we know? CD. People who don't do it, don't get called anything other than non CD'ers.

However, I see what you are getting at. Gay people have straight friends, for example, to describe their life style or sexual preference.

CDing is not a sexual preference or lifestyle, it is something anyone can do, so I don't see how you can describe it with one word.

Wendy me
09-27-2007, 11:38 AM
ok i going out on a limb here .... lets call them "PEOPLE".....

dancinginthedark
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
No need to think of another label, they have one I believe already: cisgendered :p I rather like my name or simply Miss myself. And how would anyone really know who the non-dressers were?

Cisgender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender)

dancin

Kieron Andrew
09-27-2007, 11:50 AM
No need to think of another label, they have one I believe already: cisgendered :p I rather like Mae or Miss myself. And how would anyone really know who the non-dressers were?

Cisgender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender)

dancin

:D thanks mae, i was just about to post that lol

Marla S
09-27-2007, 11:53 AM
But didn't Veronica ask for the opposite of CD rather than TG ?

I tell you .... labels ... a nightmare
The only thing that is even more confusing is that there are more definitions for each single label than labels.

RobertaFermina
09-27-2007, 01:09 PM
I call them what I call myself, people, men, women, friends, acquaintances.

Labelling leads to division, division to apathy (conscious or unconscious), and apathy leads to violence (passive or aggressive), and that is evil.

:rose: Moralizing Bitch :rose:

Veronica Fallon
09-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Nevermind everyone, I was just hoping for a lil' fun in seeing what kinds of creative titles we could come up with. I shouldda known to stay away from the dreaded "label" subject.
Shame on me & take away my pantie-privileges for a week!! :naughty:shutup::spank::bonk::sorry:

Standing quietly in my corner, :(

Veronica

Kate Simmons
09-27-2007, 03:03 PM
No harm done Veronica. That is just the way I honestly look at others, that's all.:hugs::happy:

Deidra Cowen
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Sometimes I call none Trans fork 'civilians.' :devil:

Maggie Kay
09-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee aka the "Yarn Harlot" calls non knitters "Muggles" in her blog. Muggles are, of course, non magical folk in the Harry Potter series. She does it in a humorous way. Perhaps we could use this term too.

SabrinaDubh
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
I use the same term that we in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) use for non-SCA folks... MUNDANES

Deborah Jane
09-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee aka the "Yarn Harlot" calls non knitters "Muggles" in her blog. Muggles are, of course, non magical folk in the Harry Potter series. She does it in a humorous way. Perhaps we could use this term too.

I like muggles too, it,s appropriate:heehee:

Ashley Victoria
09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Uh, I don't call them anything.

Dragster
09-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I think "Mundanes" is the best so far, but aren't soldiers out of uniform said to be in "Mufti". so maybe they are "Muftis". No, Mumptis are something else!

Tony

sobe1ove GG
09-27-2007, 10:37 PM
I don't mind being creative, but all of the original poster's suggestions were really negative.

You may call me mundane, but you'd be very inaccurate.

:2c: :tongueout

trannie T
09-27-2007, 10:59 PM
How about "Drabdressers" or "Straightvestites."

Sugar
09-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Trannie T, I think your post was the type of post Veronica was looking for. And btw, your post wasn't too shabby. :happy: Sorry to say that I'm not coming up with anything...manvestite... she'dr...ugh. Lol

Also, after reading Mae's (dancin) posted reference from Wikipedia, I just learned something new. Pansexual, I like that (label) so much more than bisexual.:D I've always thought that I might be affected/infected with Peter Pan Syndrome:p

Thank you, Trannie T, Veronica and Mae

Suzy Harrison
09-28-2007, 12:32 AM
...what about 'boring?" :heehee::heehee:

Jamie001
09-28-2007, 12:54 AM
They are non-gifted. Not all of us can be gifted. :tongueout

Veronica Fallon
09-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Once again- stupid thread & I'm sorry I started it.
Now if it would just die & fade away! :doh:

Tamara Croft
09-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Once again- stupid thread & I'm sorry I started it.
Now if it would just die & fade away! :doh:Yeah I agree... :doh: is right :p

Sugar
09-28-2007, 02:12 PM
:rolleyes:

dancinginthedark
09-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Nevermind everyone, I was just hoping for a lil' fun in seeing what kinds of creative titles we could come up with. I shouldda known to stay away from the dreaded "label" subject.
Shame on me & take away my pantie-privileges for a week!! :sorry:

Standing quietly in my corner, :(

Veronica

hmmm maybe it would fare better in the lounge? Just a thought, but then maybe everyone would realize you were just trying to have a bit of fun with it. A tongue-in-cheek poke at all the labels we and the world toss around.

Now come on Veronica, out of the corner. :itsok:

Now what to call non-dressers? How about we call them Sorta' odd. It could be shortened to just S/O. :whistling:

What?! Is that one already taken? :la:

[...]
Pansexual, I like that (label) so much more than bisexual.:D [...]

Sugar I rather liked pansexual too. Got a :bitchslap: recently for saying I was try sexual [not to be confused with tri-sexual]. He thought I meant something entirely different...well then again maybe not. :rofl:

JoAnnDallas
09-28-2007, 03:20 PM
I refer to them as PEOPLE

Marcie Sexton
09-28-2007, 03:29 PM
How about....THEM