PDA

View Full Version : Designs on crossdressing

angelfire
09-27-2007, 07:19 PM
So, today at work I was looking through some of my bosses design magazines for inspiration. I am flipping through, and I see an add that has a woman sitting down on the ground in pantyhose. The ad caught my eye, and it said "He said 'Gentlemen prefer hanes.' ... She replied 'I don't date men who wear pantyhose'" and it was an ad for a hosiery shop in Toronto, somewhere on Bloor St. Thought it was interesting.

Then in another magazine, it showed some shots of a commercial for something, and it started with a guy getting out of his business suit, then putting on a dress, and the dog bringing his purse out of the closet, and then him walking his dog dressed. Said something like "Pets are great, because they really don't care."

Just thought I'd share, and was wondering if anyone had seen that commercial? I forget what it wa for exactly.

Marla S
09-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Once in a while we have here adds to that have something to do with TG.
Usually though, they use TG as a joke.
Either to highlight manliness: There are real men and there are those that wear tights.
or just to make the commercial a bit more funny/interesting.

Can't remember any German commercials or adds that show TG as something normal or even valuable.

Watching TV isn't any better. Each guy wearing only a touch of eye makeup for example, being it musician or some regular folks will get it's personal gay or TG joke sooner or later.

SandyR
09-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Funny...but true pets just love no matter what.......

Thanks for sharing.

SandyR

JoAnnDallas
09-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Anyone remember the cell phone commercial where the father opens his sons bedroom door to find his son crossdressed and all he said was your cell charges are too big. LOL It aired for a while then dissappeared.

Jannis
09-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Just saw the premier of this new TV show. One of the lead actors, Daniel Baldwin I think, is involved in an affair with a transvestite. He is the one with political aspirations to the US Senate. The TV is very attractive.

jenniferj
09-28-2007, 08:18 AM
I wonder if the frequent crossdressing jokes that appear in the media (commercials, ad, television shows, etc.) are an indication that the desire to do what we do is even more prevalent in our society that we think? A sort of "Whistling past the graveyard", "If I joke about it, nobody will think that I do it" sort of thing?

I coach/play on a co-ed softball team in a league that requires at least two females in every game. We have been frequently short of girls, and as game time approaches the obvious "let's put a wig on Jimbo" jokes (Jimbo might be any player on the team) start. I think everybody knows that there is slightly more to the joke than fielding a team...

-jj

Suzie Green
09-28-2007, 08:29 AM
I wonder if the frequent crossdressing jokes that appear in the media (commercials, ad, television shows, etc.) are an indication that the desire to do what we do is even more prevalent in our society that we think? A sort of "Whistling past the graveyard", "If I joke about it, nobody will think that I do it" sort of thing?

I coach/play on a co-ed softball team in a league that requires at least two females in every game. We have been frequently short of girls, and as game time approaches the obvious "let's put a wig on Jimbo" jokes (Jimbo might be any player on the team) start. I think everybody knows that there is slightly more to the joke than fielding a team...

-jj

So do you bring clothes with you in case that might happen? :heehee: Yes, I've done that too, joking about it and making it so bizzare that no one thinks I can possibly be serious. Little do they know,... :o

AlanaBCD
09-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes, I've done that too, joking about it and making it so bizzare that no one thinks I can possibly be serious. Little do they know,... :o

I do this too. I do it slightly with my wife. Then if and when she finds out that I dress, I can say to her that I told her many times.

Sorry if this is off topic.

Marcie Sexton
09-28-2007, 05:35 PM
I agree jenniferj, people do things to relieve the discomfort they feel about things that bother them..."whistling while walking by a grave yard at midnight".

I just wonder how the businesses would feel if they knew we wore their clothes, would they take them back and promply issue a refund ?

How would they react if all of the trangender community, and I mean "ALL"
suddenly came out to in a display of unity.

But then again that would be in a perfect world...gosh what was I thinking...

Why ask why ? Why ask how ?

Marla S
09-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Well, most will agree on:
"We all have masculine and feminine aspects"
You will even get applause for this statement.
It gets tricky if you dare to show it.
"No, no, not me ... maybe you haha ... but definitively not me ... I am not a fag haha"