PDA

View Full Version : non-standard spellings

Genevera
09-27-2007, 10:33 PM
I've noticed many CD's take on often regular female names but use non-standard spellings for those names, my simple question is . . . why???

I've noticed this on this forum and out in the community too, in fact once I clocked a waitress at a local Denny's and before she even came to wait on us I predicted to the people I was with that she would have a normal female name spelt funny . . . I was right LOL

Inquiring minds want to know :D

trannie T
09-28-2007, 12:45 AM
There are thousands of people registered on this site, each with a distinct name. I tried to log in with my femme name 'Judy' and was unable even with several non-standard spellings. One reason for non-standard spellings is that the preferred spelling has already been used. A second reason may be that some of us are not top finishers in the All Transvestite Spelling Bee.

Cyndie
09-28-2007, 05:14 AM
Cross dressing is not your standard or regula type thing to do, so why have a standard name. For me Cyndie is a name that I have associated with several cute GG's, so I picked it and because I'm different, spelled the name differently. At some point I needed a last name for a site registration or something so I thought for a moment and selected Dresser. So now Cyndie Dresser or CD :D

TTFN
Cyndie Dresser

angelfire
09-28-2007, 06:01 AM
As far as I know, I spell Jessica pretty standard. I've always liked the name, and it was the name of my first crush.

erickka
09-28-2007, 06:48 AM
My opinion..... We're all uniquely different, so why should our name spelling be contrary??

Wenda
09-28-2007, 08:12 AM
I didn't really think Wenda was especially unique, but I don't think I have ever known a gg named Wenda. I thought of it because there were several Wandas here.

Alysin CD
09-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Alysin = Sinful Aly:gorgeous:
Badgerley = Bad girlie:battingeyelashes:

Jocelyn Quivers
09-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I think my name is spelled the normal standard way, although I did forget to put a space before my last name when registering. Ex. Jocelyn Quivers.

Michelle04240
09-28-2007, 07:05 PM
These days what is normal spelling for a name? I think if you looked at the list of names at a high school you would see all kinds of different spellings for otherwise typical names.

Charolette time
10-01-2007, 09:01 AM
I've noticed many CD's take on often regular female names but use non-standard spellings for those names, my simple question is . . . why???

I've noticed this on this forum and out in the community too, in fact once I clocked a waitress at a local Denny's and before she even came to wait on us I predicted to the people I was with that she would have a normal female name spelt funny . . . I was right LOL

Inquiring minds want to know :D

My C D name is in honor of my old Sunday school teacher who I had a crush on, she spelled her name that way, and I always wished I could dress like her, she wore the nices clothes and smelled so nice, Love Charolette:hugs:

Dixie
10-01-2007, 09:49 AM
I have this strong need to fit in so instead of Dixie, it should be Dyxie, right???? Just joking I personally do not care how you spell your name it is the person behind the name I find interesting!

On a side note my wife and I used to own a Chevy Nova street racer that we named "Wyld Chyld" I guess there were some people out there who thought we couldn't spell??:heehee:

nikki_t
10-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Think you'll find more and more parents are doing this with their new born kids too.

Personally I would've used Nicola or Nicole but after having bad relationships in the past with GG's of both those names I decided on Nikki :o

BarbaraTalbot
10-03-2007, 10:58 AM
has been that the more towards TS as opposed to simple TV someone is, the more I have observed this. Dunno if this holds up to scrutiny, but if so my theory is that the recreational CD'r as I think I probably am, just grabs a handy name. The transsexual has a real yearning to express a suppressed primary identity and cast about and agonizes over just the right name to express who they are and then takes it even farther to narrow the spelling to make themselves completely unique in the world.

docrobbysherry
10-03-2007, 11:30 AM
has been that the more towards TS as opposed to simple TV someone is, the more I have observed this. Dunno if this holds up to scrutiny, but if so my theory is that the recreational CD'r as I think I probably am, just grabs a handy name. The transsexual has a real yearning to express a suppressed primary identity and cast about and agonizes over just the right name to express who they are and then takes it even farther to narrow the spelling to make themselves completely unique in the world.

U got me Barb. I picked the names of my old high school class pres. and the most popular girl, for my name(s). Spent very little time on it. I had my first choice, just Sherry, rejected by MySpace, as already taken.