PDA

View Full Version : Ashamed

Joanne f
09-28-2007, 03:28 AM
I have just read a story on here from a GG which has made me feel very ashamed of what i am and it has brought back a memory of what my motherinlaw once said to my wife when she found out what i was like , she said "that type of person should not get married and have children,
it has made me feel ashamed of being unfortunate enough to have been born different from what i should be and wander if there will every be any peace for the type of person like i am or should we just live as loners.

joanne

Satin_Lover_13
09-28-2007, 03:38 AM
I am sorry you feel that way. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Be open with people in here. Being a loner only makes things worse because we are stuck with our thoughts only that can rip us apart.

I have just read a story on here from a GG which has made me feel very ashamed of what i am and it has brought back a memory of what my motherinlaw once said to my wife when she found out what i was like , she said "that type of person should not get married and have children,
it has made me feel ashamed of being unfortunate enough to have been born different from what i should be and wander if there will every be any peace for the type of person like i am or should we just live as loners.

joanne

Amanda Shaft
09-28-2007, 04:02 AM
Like you I too have had those feelings in the past, but I refuse to now and in the future. I believe that I am a good person, that I am worth my space in this world and that I contribute! The fact that I am a woman somewhere inside does not change this, and in fact adds more to it. We all need someone to love and cherish, why should ‘we’ be denied that or deny it for ourselves? My outings when dressed do not change my values or loyalties towards my partner and the fact that she has been so understanding has bonded us even closer together.

We are in charge of our own feelings, so change your perception, be tolerant of others and claim your space!
Amanda x

angelfire
09-28-2007, 06:04 AM
I see a number of reasons to not be ashamed. First being it is not wrong, and it hurts no one. It isn't illegal (here, anyway), so what I do is my business.

Also, many people believe in order to live a fulfilling life, you must experience everything at least once. Some also believe you should live in total balance, which would mean having balanced male and female sides.

Wendy me
09-28-2007, 06:17 AM
joanne being ashamed of who you are when your not breaking the law or hurting any one is just silly ....we as world are becoming accepting of things more so each day ... who knows we might be the next hot thingy ...... and that's nothing to be ashamed abought....

christina marie
09-28-2007, 06:17 AM
I for one would never live as a loner, i love the company of good people, and love to irritate those who are not! there is a place and a reason for everyone on this rock,even those of us who are a little "different". variety is the spice of life! as for feeling ashamed of who you are, that is a bad mistake.that comes from inside,as you are the ONLY person who can make you feel that way.it is a product of self doubt and low self esteem. just because someone else is having a hard time dealing with the lot they were given in life,that does not lessen the value of YOU. You are the only one who has to live in your skin, and also the only one who knows whats right for you. If you choose to let others decide how you should live, you might as well step in line with the rest of the sheep and be led to slaughter. Bag up what MIL said and throw that sh!t in the trash.What does she know? Obviously, someone chose to share their life with you, and if they know about you,and are still there,then that person must see some value in you. Maybe there are some things you dont like about yourself, but we all have them,we all learn to live with them. Bottom line, everyone has a place in life,a purpose, a reason for being who they are. dont ever let anyone take that away from you!:rant:

DonnaT
09-28-2007, 06:26 AM
Ashamed? As Jessica said, "it is not wrong, and it hurts no one."

It is an innate part of who you are. There was a time people were taught that being left handed was wrong, and being ashamed, they were forced, or forced themselves, to write right handed. Many developed a stutter in their speech. It screwed with the brain.

Don't screw with your brain.

And there is nothing wrong with being married, either. Love is another part of who you are, and shouldn't be denied.

I found love, and love in return. I've provided for my family the best I could. You can't ask for more than that. My being transgendered did not detract from my ability to provide love and support for my family.

Sandra
09-28-2007, 06:30 AM
Joanna no one should be ashamed of who or what they are and people should not be made to feel that way.

I'd like you MIL to say "that type of person should not get married and have children," to me and Nigella she wouldn't know what hit her

Veronica Fallon
09-28-2007, 06:39 AM
Well Joanne, I know for fact that I'm a much better person because of having such a strong feminine aspect, & I'm sure you are too. IMO the ones who should be ashamed of themselves are the ones who think they are the judge of other peoples worthiness. I hope you'll listen to your heart instead of your head. It knows you are "blessed" to have this inside of you. Your mother-in-law is simply "cursed" with ignorance & fear. Please stay open with your sisters here & feel free to borrow some of their pride until your own heals from the damaging remarks of others.

Warm Hugz, :bighug:

Veronica

christina marie
09-28-2007, 07:45 AM
sorry if i got a little fired up before, but i just chews at me to see someone being smashed down by anothers idiocy. hold your head high,hon and dont ever let anyone else make you feel shame. when you are feeling low and need friends, we are here!:hugs:

Holly
09-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Honey, just what is it you feel you need to be ashamed of? Wanting to feel pretty? Colorful clothing? The tactile feel of new materials? Emotions? Expression of yourself? Joanne, what is there to be ashamed of? Just because we do something that is different than what the majority of society does, does not make it anything to be ashamed of. The truth is, it is people who dare to be different that make a difference. Columbus dared to be different and discovered new worlds. Please, Joanne, do not let how others judge you project into your self value. Discover and explore your world. Help open the way for others to have what you have. Bottom line.... you are not the wrong one here!

Suzie Green
09-28-2007, 08:32 AM
I was humiliated and punished as a child when my Mom caught me trying on my sister's clothing. It has taken some incredible compassion and understanding on the part of my wife to make me feel that what I am doing is not wrong. I hope you can find that...it has made me feel so much better about myself! :hugs:

Stephenie S
09-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Feeling ashamed is a personal decision. No one else controls your feelings. You alone can change how you feel.

Look dear, you have a finite amount of time on this earth. Once it's gone, it's gone. How do you want to spend the time you have? Happy and joyous, celebrating the person you are? Or ashamed and guilty over what someone ELSE thinks of you?

It's kinda your choice, hon. We can try to help by pointing out that you are the only one in control of your feelings, and reminding you that you are unique and valuable and worth every bit as much as those who try to tear you down. But we can't change your mind. Only you can do that.

Lovies,
Stephenie

jenniferj
09-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Joanne,

Don't be hard on yourself; there is nothing immoral or evil about crossdressing and the prejudice/disapproval others may show reflects upon them rather than you.

As I look at the world (I'm getting old enough to be philosophical) I see that the human animal has two basic instincts that have enabled its collective dominance - grouping and excluding. When people group together, it allows them to solve much bigger problems (killing a sabertooth tiger with rocks and sticks, or irrigation) than any could by himself. But, we also instinctively exclude others for any number of reasons - incurable disease (we've pretty much learned not to do this), cultural differences (which might preclude the stranger from working as a team member), moral turpitude (stealing food...)

As we have developed technology we have fewer and fewer valid reasons for excluding anybody, but the basic instinct remains. (I'm finally getting to the point). And we find smaller and smaller reasons to exclude others from our "tribe"; skin color, religion, sexual preference, language, sports team loyalty, political affiliation... The list is endless and rediculous.

Now the problem is that powerful people with hidden or unhidden agendas (frequently religious or political) use this instinct in others to manipulate them to do their bidding. The obvious examples are the so-called "wedge issues" that appear in our politics, and the basic meanness and cruelty they inspire. Sexual preference and/or identity is an easy target, particularly for those provincial folks who believe that they don't know anybody with these tendencies.

The bottom line is this - if a person says something stupid or cruel in general about any "different" group of people (in this case, crossdressers), it's most likely out of ignorance and malicious manipulation. If the person says something stupid or cruel about you because you are different - it's most likely about something else, but he/she is falling back on the common prejudices because he feels that this is more supportable. Or he may just plain be mean.

The posts from angry, shocked, and dismayed SOs that appear here are mostly about the betrayal - not about the crossdressing itself, although the SOs may not realize it. The general wise counsel is to look at the good in the offending party, and to reaffirm your mutual love. The rest will work itself out.

What to do? We need to educate the "civilians". Coming out to those close to us may be too costly, but we can generally support the cause without giving ourselves away. We can educate those close to us by casually correcting stupid comments, just as we have learned to do about racial or religious issues. When somebody says "Crossdressers shouldn't marry and have children", you can innocently say "I've read that virtually all crossdressers are heterosexual, and are devoted husbands and good parents" or "Gosh, it must be so hard to have to live with that basic need to do something that so many people seem to dislike".

I worked for a large company years ago, and a young man in another section made the transition from male to female and came to work nervously in a very pretty skirt/sweater. When word got back to our office and a number of guys started to make the "not-me" type of jokes that one would expect. Before it really got started, I said "Can you imagine the balls it took for her to come to work today?" and before anybody picked up on the double entendre, I followed with "She must be the new girl I saw from down the hall. She certainly has learned to walk in a skirt" People smiled and went back to work. Later one of the young women in our office (who had heard the exchange) came up to me and said nicely "You are really very tolerant for a guy". I said "Tolerant of what? I just wish I wanted something as much as she must want to be a woman and really admire her courage to do something about it". Nothing more was ever said (at least in my presence) about the new girl. Shortly after, she left the company. She would be a fairly old lady now - I hope she has had a happy life. BTW, I am reasonably sure that I didn't out myself with my observations - it probably helped that I was on crutches for yet another sprained ankle suffered sliding into third for the office softball team.

And to educate those whom you are not close to - work up the courage to go out dressed when you feel that you look the way you want. Make people aware of our existence in a non-confrontational way. Hardly anybody notices obviously lesbian couples anymore - let's make it so that nobody notices us when we're out. Except maybe for the fact that we've really learned to walk in skirts and heels. :)

-jj

Melinda G
09-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Mother In Laws say a lot of stupid stuff. My mother in law joined the Peace Corp, and went to Africa to teach the natives how to fight dirty.:D

sterling12
09-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Feeling "ashamed," is something that too many of us have done for too many years. For whatever reasons we are transgendered, that's not good or bad, it just is!

Have we done things in our lives relating to The Crossdressing that made us feel ashamed? Probably, because we allowed ourselves to feel ashamed, or we were young, or we were acting stupidly, or whatever.

You didn't relate what was specifically written that made you feel ashamed and why. I'm only guessing, but I would imagine it's something from the past that brought back old memories of something your mind has labeled as "shameful." Here's a great truth...."we can't take a train into the past and change anything, we can only deal with things as they are right now."

If something is currently "bugging you," correct it! Or at least try and modify your life in such a way that you can reach accommodation. As we often relate to folks, the first order of business is self-acceptance. You get a handle on that problem, voila....the feelings of shame and remorse go away.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Marcie Sexton
09-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Excuse my frankness, but mother in law needs to take a hike, go fly a kite in a lightening storm or something simular...

You didn't mention how your wife feels about you, I hope she is supportive.

As far as a human being judge and jury on whether a indivisual should marry and have children, well they have no right to do so...

That is the very reason for this forum, feel free to discuss and express your feelings...expression will not only help you in lifes travel, but relieve the stress you may have...

My advice, Pay no attention to mother in law...she is dumb as a rock, narrow minded and little or no regard for ones feelings...perhaps if you wished to lower yourself to her standards, you could take a cheap shot at her, letting her know what it feels like...

Victoria Anne
09-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Joanne you poor dear I am sorry you were subject to such an unfair and dispicable attack. Joanne you have no reason to feel ashamed for being a CD you are a very special kind of person. I do understand the feelings however , I was made to feel shame for my dressing as a youth and this shame helped to tear me down over the years but with the love and support of my wife I will never again feel shame for who I am , I will be proud of myself as you should be of your self. Your mother in law is very wrong . This world needs all kinds of people to function and we are apart of that , a neccessary part and we are many. You have the love of your wife ad in this world cruel as it can be at times , that love is all you need so please feel not ashamed but proud. Mil was it ? I'm with Sandra on this , I would like her to tell that to my wife and I face to face , as I like to casll it the German will come out in my wife , and I well lets just say the Irish are here! Be proud of yourself , be not ashamed and know you have family here. :hugs:

viccy

sissystephanie
09-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Well Joanne, I know for fact that I'm a much better person because of having such a strong feminine aspect, & I'm sure you are too. IMO the ones who should be ashamed of themselves are the ones who think they are the judge of other peoples worthiness. I hope you'll listen to your heart instead of your head. It knows you are "blessed" to have this inside of you. Your mother-in-law is simply "cursed" with ignorance & fear. Please stay open with your sisters here & feel free to borrow some of their pride until your own heals from the damaging remarks of others.

Veronica

Joanne,

Veronica said it all. As a CD, you are showing your feminine side. As Veronica said, having, and knowing, that side makes you a better person. Most men have a feminine side, but are afraid to express it. You, my dear, obviously are not. And you are to be congratulated, not scorned, for doing so. Hold your head high, and be proud of who and what you are!!

To Veronica, you are not an "emerging butterfly!" You have emerged, and you are beautiful!!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Jocelyn Quivers
09-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Sorry that you are currently feeling down. I just recently myself had a very bad experience involving me being outted. I am not ashamed of who I am, I am a good person, and being cross dresser has made me become a better overall person as a result. My wife loves and accepts both sides of me. Try to focus on all of the good and joy your femme side gives to you. Jocelyn

Mitch23
09-28-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm not doing guilt and shame any more and neither should anyone else. I love my wife very much and hate putting her through the stress of my coming out. I know however that it has and will continue to make us stronger and more 'real' as a couple

mitch

trannie T
09-28-2007, 04:01 PM
There is nothing wrong with crossdressing.
There is nothing wrong with being a crossdresser.
There is no reason to be ashamed of being a crossdresser.
The only thing I am ashamed of is that I'm not out of the closet.

BarbaraTalbot
09-28-2007, 04:07 PM
I was humiliated and punished as a child when my Mom caught me trying on my sister's clothing. It has taken some incredible compassion and understanding on the part of my wife to make me feel that what I am doing is not wrong. I hope you can find that...it has made me feel so much better about myself! :hugs:

This is one of those rare times, when word-for-word, an entire quote applies to me and says everything I could say on the subject.

RylieCD
09-28-2007, 04:27 PM
feeling ashamed is just one of the many feelings I have been feeling lately. Many of you said that our CDing isnt hurting anyone, but it does, when my wife and I married she didn't know about my CD'ing, I thought i could put it at bay. Now it has come back and she is tolerating it and trying to understand it it still hurts us and now we are unsure where this might lead us for the future. So Yes I FEEL ASHAMED & CONFUSSED:(

Daintre
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
The sad thing is that 100 people can give me positive support, but if 1 finds fault or scorns me.....I tend to forget the 100 and only validate the 1 :(

Fab Karen
09-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Just as a gay person shouldn't feel ashamed of what they are because of media reporting on the actions of Larry Craig, neither should you feel ashamed because of something someone says about transgender people.

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-28-2007, 05:07 PM
I think we need to view what we have as a great gift. The fact that others do not understand that is their problem now ours. If we can rejoice together then we can be happy with who we are.

RobertaFermina
09-28-2007, 05:18 PM
When I am living in shame, I shame others so they can feel what I feel, and then I can forget how I feel, or feel the pleasure of miserable company.

When I am shamed by someone else, it has NOTHING to do with me. Healthy people do not SHAME others.

Healthy people say "when you do this, I feel this way", or "when you do this, I am concerned that such-and-such might happen to so-and-so". Healthy people present choices; They don't shame people. They might say, I'd be ashamed if I was seen doing what you are doing.

It is OK to be comfortable doing thing that others are uncomfortable with.

I don't think it is OK to do things that hurt people, even myself.

You are not hurting anyone.
Anyone who shames you is dumping their own trip on you.
Anyone who was healthy enough to have a healthy concern about you or the impact of your choices would say so in a civilized and concerned manner.

you are beautiful, no question.

share your beauty in the way you choose.

if you have compassion for the shame-based people who want you to join their victim-pool, it may be easier for you if you forgive them for their misguided words and actions as you continue to live your inspiration.

Congratulations for not brooding alone with these feelings of shame that have been dumped on you.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Michelle04240
09-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Can you feel the love that is just oooooozing from this thread??

Others have said it well already. Hold your head up.

:hugs:

Marla S
09-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Joanne and Rylie, read Veronica's and the other great post 100 times and if you still can't believe it write it down 100 times.:heehee:

Veronica
You are a special and gifted person, but special and gifted persons have special challenges to master.
It's true, we probably will be faced to situations you experienced our entire life, but I am positive that we are able to reverse the ratio Jenni mentions, just because we are special.

The sad thing is that 100 people can give me positive support, but if 1 finds fault or scorns me.....I tend to forget the 100 and only validate the 1
It's not easy and we have to try hard but it can work out.
Maybe best we start with a :hugs: and a :happy:

Chloe Jean
09-29-2007, 04:55 AM
For a long time i was afraid to let my feminine side out and fought it so very hard. I started playing around with my mother's makeup at age 12. I would try some of her clothes and makeup when the folks were out for the evening. They figured it out of course Mom pretty understanding about it - Dad considered me a sissy. They got me "help" sent me to a child psychologist so i could be cured. Lots of shame and guilt- knowing that I wasn't normal. For a while after that I hide my true desires but was never cured.
I have finally have decided to come out and feel so much better about myself.I still have alot of things to do and buy before i am able to go out en femme. Going out all Dolled up is something I really want to do. Being here with you girls helps- its so nice not to be alone.
Hugs
Chloe Jean

Ruth
09-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Please don't be ashamed. We are closer to being whole, healthy individuals than most of those chimps out there.

Joanne f
09-29-2007, 06:50 AM
I would like to thank you all for your kind words and support i am lucky to have found such a place as this with so many nice people, and as far as my motherinlaw go`s my wife did say to her that if you can not except him for what he is then i will stay away from you as well but then that makes me feel more guilty for putting my wife in that position so in the end i agreed to tolerate her mother so that she could keep in touch with her , but it just go`s to show that what i think is just such a simple thing, showing my fem side can cause so much unnecessary stress in a family, and for what the lack of understanding (i hope that is not making me sound selfish now ) but for some re son it doe`s hurt me when i hear of marriages getting into trouble because of Cding i think that is my guilt coming through a bit, i always wish that i could do some thing to help them through it .
Many thanks again
joanne

Rita B
09-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Like you I too have had those feelings in the past, but I refuse to now and in the future. I believe that I am a good person, that I am worth my space in this world and that I contribute! The fact that I am a woman somewhere inside does not change this, and in fact adds more to it. We all need someone to love and cherish, why should ‘we’ be denied that or deny it for ourselves? My outings when dressed do not change my values or loyalties towards my partner and the fact that she has been so understanding has bonded us even closer together.

We are in charge of our own feelings, so change your perception, be tolerant of others and claim your space!
Amanda xVery well put, Amanda. Bravo!

Marla S
09-29-2007, 07:58 AM
... but for some re son it doe`s hurt me when i hear of marriages getting into trouble because of Cding i think that is my guilt coming through a bit, i always wish that i could do some thing to help them through it .
Many thanks again
joanne
Yes, it does hurt. IMO the best thing we can do as CD is to come to terms with ourself as quick as possible, I think that could help a lot. Sometimes I have the impression the GGs here are learning faster than we CDs. We have to support them to help us.

Rita B
09-29-2007, 08:03 AM
My wife knew that I had crossdressed before we were married. That was over 15 years ago. She came across some pictures I guess and her first reaction was "I hope you don't this after we are married" Well, I promised her that I would not and I was faithful ever since until this year. We all know that xdressing this is not something that can be stuffed in a closet forever, and in the Spring, Rita re-emerged so to speak. So I had to tell my wife the whole truth, like not only was I crossdresser but that I was also transgendered and had applied for SRS only to be denied because of my medical history.

At first it was quite a shock and very difficult for her to accept, but patience and openly talking about it and being honest about everything has helped her understand. Of course she still has issues with what will the kids and neighbors think if they ever find out. From our conversations we have managed to agree on some ground rules and conditions which both of us can live with. Although I still have not obtained her complete approval with what I am and what I do, she is beginning to see some very positive aspects of it. The key in all of this is patience and understanding. Of course money helps too. I have come out of retirement and I am working part time which provides me with enough money to support my little "habit" so there's no money coming out of the household budget which was another of her concerns.

Again, patience, patience, patience
:hugs:

Chloe Jean
09-30-2007, 03:55 AM
It not like we are hurting anyone. Being able accept yourself and others is only a good thing- so why we picked on?
Chloe Jean

Joy Carter
09-30-2007, 04:29 AM
Listen to the others here. Their experience is wisdom to take from.
Myself, I spent allot of time reacting to others, and not using my head in these situations. I can tell you that I like myself completely now. No shame any longer.

It's all up to you and nobody else. :hugs:

Sarah Rabbit
09-30-2007, 08:10 AM

joanne
What 'Unfortunate'? I feel very fortunate for being given the gift of insight into the femenine world. Whilst I would be the first to admit, there are things we would never be able to experience, we of the TG kind are able to swing between both worlds, something GG's or GM's could never really understand.

Sarah R. :bunny:

Angie G
09-30-2007, 10:05 AM
If you try to do good help others don't do bad thing to others there is no way you should feel ashamed of dressing. If you are a good person naver bee ashamed of what you do A very wise man said let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Hold your head up and be proud of yourself :hugs:
Angie

Kaitlyn Michele
09-30-2007, 10:14 AM
joanne -- you are sooooooooooooooooooooo NOT ALONE!!!

in my life i have felt very very ashamed and guilty and sad..
but i've also felt fulfilled and happy and one thing to keep in mind is that NOBODY!!!! can tell you what makes you feel good and nobody else can tell you how to think about yourself...

many of us are totally in the closet and some are out and some have had surgery, some of us pass(sometimes) and some of us have no chance to pass....but in our hearts we are all the same and i'm glad you can come here and vent your thoughts and get the support of lots of girls who share your feelings and especially can relate to your feelings..

Lauren Richards
09-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Seems to me that the biggest problem here is the lack of understanding and unconditional love from your mother-in-law. Not an unusual circumstance from what I observe in the human condition. Many mother-in-laws create these situations, and cross dressing is only what comes to the surface in your particular case. When it comes to mother-in-laws, they can find anything to be critical of if they wish. Wrong job, wrong friends, wrong house, wrong...anything. This really is not about you. It is about her, and she should be ashamed.

Your wife is wonderful, and your support of her is very important. You made a great choice when you made her a part of your life. You will do the right thing about this, too, and hopefully there will be a time when your mother-in-law comes around. Mother-in-laws can say very hurtful things, but remember, they are human too, and subject to the same failings and short-comings that we hope others forgive in us. Let it go, if you can.

Just to be clear, I don't consider cross dressing a failing or a short-coming. You didn't choose your eye color, nor your cross dressing. It is part of the essential you. No shame. Shame should be reserved for actions where we have a choice, and treat others without compassion, or are selfish in our actions. Like the comment made by your mother-in-law.

Hope things work out.

Lauren

Mitch23
09-30-2007, 10:56 AM
my shame made me an emotional cripple for years - and quite unable to give fully into a relationship. No more guilt and shame. my wife gets the benefit - even if she doesn't recognise it

mitch

Tina B.
09-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Ashamed, Guilt feelings, Been there, done that! But I have since learned that when I dress from time to time, I am a happier person and much easier to live with, (my wife would agree with that statment). To deny who you are can lead to depression and anger, after all it is a harmless practice and leads to inter peace so how can that be so bad.
We never know how much time we are allowed on this earth, don't waste it feeling bad about who you are, because no matter how much you worry about who you are, you are still just you, and that is who you have to live with.
Tina B.

how did the old song go "Be Happy, Don't Worry"

Lauren Richards
09-30-2007, 12:10 PM
"Don't worry. Be Happy."

Chantelle CD
09-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Why let the close mindedness of a few others dampen your feelings of self worth, being born the way we are, was a gift from god!! He made you this way, so you can feel all you can, and enjoy life this way, he didnt make you this way so you can feel badly!! Enjoy life, you only get one kick at this can, Judgment is a sickness humanity is learning to overcome!! even if it comes from a loved one!!

SarahLynn
09-30-2007, 06:13 PM
WE give people power over ourselves when we ascribe to them our feelings. No one, and i do mean no one, has power over your feelings/emotions but yourself. If you feel ashamed it is your doing alone, not something someone has done (or said to or) for you. Thus only you can control this "feeling" of shame.

Yes i feel ashamed of myself sometimes for CD'ing but i know it is a self-imposed emotion. And when i feel that way i am reminded of how it seems to be "the thing" these days to apoligize for the behaviour of past generations. It's pure bullocks for anyone to do this. It's history. A part of our past, not our present, and in some cases hopefully not of our future. But if we find ourselves in such needs again then i fully support anyone with the gonads to trip that trigger once more. I will not ever apoligize (and i do not want someone doing it in my name {national leader/figurehead}) for those things done by past generations, which were right at the time, no matter how wrong they seem today.

i am all for telling the M.I.L. to take a hike and don't come back until she is willing to accept you. All of who you are, not just the part she seems to like or is willing to accept at the present time.

Now, that said, i do agree with her (and you might use this as an arguement some time) there are some folks who should not be allowed to marry and breed. Folks like, child molesters, murderers, rapists, sexual prediators of any keen, wife/women - men/husband bashers, dictators, religious fanatics like Osama Bin Ladin, etc..

(Your arguement might be along these lines, "Well yes, i CD, but would you prefer i be like one of these?")

SarahLynn

sami1952
09-30-2007, 06:28 PM
I, too used to feel that way, but since i joined this forum, i feel like i have a family here i can talk to and share my feelings with them. i glad i found this forum.