PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Closet CDers -Where to change clothes

AlanaBCD
09-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I live in a place that I would be seen if I walked out my front door dressed. I am not ready for that (and probably never will be). I would like ideas of where I could go and change into en femme. I know there are always motel rooms, but could only do that once in awhile, as that could incur some expense. I have thought of gas stations, but that has it's own challenges, finding a clean one is the first challenge that comes to mind.

I sort of run out of ideas from there. I was thinking I could get most of my dressing done at home, then do my finishing touches out, but I can not figure out where that could be.

Help me with your ideas.

Joy Carter
09-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi Alana.
Difficult to handle situation here.
My self I have under-dressed and wore my guy clothes out. Or gal clothes if it were pants and top. I do my makeup in the truck with a small makeup mirror. and brush my wig wig out and put it on.
So far I have used loading docks at a closed warehouse or a vacant grocery store parking lot. That was in broad daylight. A night it's a little easier to conceal what your doing. I scoped these places out ahead of time and so far it's been OK. Just keep away from residential areas where you might be seen.

JoAnnDallas
09-28-2007, 01:15 PM
You always do what Karen Hutton does. Stop at a rest stop that has a handicap bathroom and use it to change.

JulieC
09-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Taco Bell restaurants typically have single use restrooms with lockable doors. It is also often the case that viewing the front door from the register is nigh on impossible...you can go in, change, and go out without any of the employees behind the counter seeing you. Customers in the dining area might be an issue. Just a thought...

Me, I've found an abandoned road not too far away where I can change.

Suggestion: Think of potential places, scope them out during the day time.

rose382832
09-28-2007, 04:15 PM
dress at home and then put on a baggy set of slacks(two sizes big and a loose sweatshirt over your clothes. when you get away from home, any parking lot will do to remove them and then apply wig and makeup with your rearview mirror.:hugs:

wannabie
09-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Try a Phone Booth.

Its good enough for Superman!

Dita_B
09-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Before I came out to my family, I used to dress in my female undies at home and put on some baggy male clothes over them... Than I drove to a public park with bathroom facilities... Here in Canada they are clean and spotless. And unsupervised. I used to go in there (the female washroom) in my male cloths and come out dressed en femme. And I would apply make up in the car on the parking lot....

Since I have a mini van with tinted rear windows, I would sit in the middle row of seats and bring a mirror with me that I placed against the head rest of the passenger seat in front of me.

To reverse into drab, I would first remove the makeup from my eyes and lips with Vaseline and than go to the (male) washroom to change into drab...

I always brought a stainless steel bowl with me, a bottle of water, non scented soap and a washcloth and towel to clean my face after the make up removal. Which I did in the van.

I have never been bothered although people would park right next to me, but when you don't move much people can't see you through the tinted windows.

Later I only went into the washroom to change into femme clothes, and changed back into drab in the van.

I had only once that someone wanted to get access to the washroom I was in while changing back to drab... They got a little impatient because they didn't understand that nobody was answering their calls, while the door remained locked. I didn't dare answering as my voice would have given me away... They finally took a pin and opened the door from the outside and I quickly pulled it shut again. Than they were very embarrassed and walked away...

It is a risky thing to do, but it is free of charge and reasonably isolated. I have done it successfully many times...

:love:Dita.

Patty
09-28-2007, 08:36 PM
I have used the side of roads - parking lots -one time it was raining at night and people walked right by -light on the visor mirror was on.

ellieparsons
09-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I live by myself so that helps out, in a house

SandyR
09-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Got this one from Karen. Unisex bathrooms at the mall. You can have all the under stuff on, stop in add makeup, change into that skirt and top, wig and presto! Out goes Sandy.

SandyR

goofus
09-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Try a Phone Booth.

Its good enough for Superman!

Too bad there's so few phone booths these days thanks to the proliferation of cell phones...

Sally2005
09-29-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm always looking for good ideas too!

With good planning you can do it as other people mentioned. I always tend to forget something, find the limited space as issue and stress level high as I'm worried about someone interrupting me. No good answers...

What I try to do is convert in stages. 1. look and act like myself to the neighbors so they don't pay attention to me and maybe would look a bit unusual if someone looks really closely (foundation, blush, male clothing on top of female). 2. Remove male clothes, now you look like an 'ugly' female with short hair and subtle makeup. 3. Wig, now lookig more like a female with no makeup on. 4. Apply eye and lip color. Now your ready. I figure if I go in stages if someone does see me they might not notice what I'm really doing.

Some thoughts about places to change although I've not really tested my theory:
1. Government/public office building... clean, probably large unisex facilities. More respectful to human rights. Maybe less busy, maybe lots of security guards around.
2. Doctor office building. Usually have clean and good number of unisex washrooms.
3. Community center or sports complex. Often their is a section of the building that is quiet.

Kristen Kelly
09-29-2007, 06:05 AM
A friend of mine wears sweat pants and Jacket, sunglasses, and a baseball cap. For me used to be the cover of darkness, but by now the neighobors have all seen me, for I come and go at will at all hours of the day or night, and like MOTEL 6..... I leave the light on.

Mitch23
09-29-2007, 06:25 AM
Have done going out with baggy clothes over - not very satisfactory

have tried changing (or finishing off) in laybys - again not very satisfactory

lately I just go straight out of the house, into the car and away! I live in a cul-de-sac in a close knit estate so a little dangerous but i care less and less

Now have a tranny friend who lives in a secluded bungalow in the country - she allows me to change there, to keep as much of my gear there as i want and will even wash it for me if i ask!

mitch

marykrissmithcd
09-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Everyone has good ideas for you. Unisex bathrooms are great if the place isn't to busy where alot of people are needing the restroom facilities. I'm in the same boat as you not wanting my neighbors to see me. I love fall and winter because it gets dark early and since my garage is attached, I can get into the car and drive off with anyone noticing. The days I've gone out in daylight, I had gotten fully dressed and put larger man clothes over girl clothes. Breast forms were not in either. I would put on foundation and eye makeup since that is a little harder to detect and leave lipstick for last unless it was a very light shade that wouldn't stand out. Be creative and know how much you can get away with in daylight around your neighbors. If they aren't real nosey you should be able to do most of the prep stuff in the house before leaving. Wear a golf cap after makeup to shade your face.

Michelle_NY
09-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Exactly what I do gf.XO Michelle

tiffany0oh
09-29-2007, 02:02 PM
i do the exact same thing !!!

Ruth
09-29-2007, 03:51 PM
I posted about this in some detail a couple of days back - sorry I don't know how to link to the thread. Basically I underdress to leave the house and then do the final change in the car in a secluded pull-off. Changing the main garments only takes a few seconds then I can take my time doing the make-up and fluffing up the wig etc. Nobody looks twice at a female taking pains over her appearance!

jennifer easton
09-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Sideroads, parking lots at night! wearhouse!!, girls please be careful, thats just how we hear about our sisters on the six o'clock news!!!!

wannabie
09-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Here's a thought.
trouble with bathrooms is, it smells and have people that use the restroom to do their business. (giving it back:devil:). the thing is, do you really want to be on the receiving end of that situation? if you really have to go and someone locked themselves in the restroom while changing, how would you feel?

Hotels are expensive- enough said.

home is good. only thing is you will probably get seen by your neighbors.

----------------

Your neighborhood Gay and lesbian center have changing facilities for you to get in and out without any questions. Just ask.

you can also try Craiglist. they have listings for changing rooms, believe it or not. I think its like $5 or $10 an hour.

check it out.

angelfire
09-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Too bad there's so few phone booths these days thanks to the proliferation of cell phones...

And where I live, they increased it from 25 cents, to 50 cents because no one was using the pay phones.

I've never been out dressed, but as many have mentioned, I'd assume a public washroom, one of the unisex ones would work best. Maybe in the back of a car or something if you are flexible.

dave46
10-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Wow, I've seen many great suggestions for this topic.

:2c:In my area, there is a gay bar open on weekends and the CD/TVs come in dressed male with their clothes on a hanger or garment bag with a makeup case and then they go into the ladies room to change. At an adult theater in the Balto area most CDs arrive dressed, and are permitted to use the locked ladies room if they need to. There is a fast food place nearby that has rest rooms accessable from the rear outside so that is evidently used by some.