PDA

View Full Version : Came Out to Roomate!!!

Marissa Mae
09-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Today was HUGE for me: it was the first time I have come out to someone aside from my girlfriend :D Boy was I nervous, but I gathered the courage and just let it go! It was like opening a valve to release pressure, and it started almost perfectly.

I had thought about telling my girl roomate about me for a while. From what I have experienced living with her, she is very cool, young at heart, understanding, and not afraid of what others think. So she seemed to be the best candidate for a "tell all". A while ago I told her that I dressed as a French Maid for Halloween, and since Halloween is around the corner, she has been asking me what I am going to go as... and the topic of the maid came up again :D She insisted that I wear it again, she wanted to see it etc... I played hard to get, saying it was a one time deal and I was going to throw it out today. But she wanted to see it!!!!

So I got in the entire luxurious maids outfit, wig and all, and showed her. This part was easy because she thought it was a one time thing; but this was just the set up. I was sitting there talking to her, saying it was fun to wear it, and she was saying stuff like "oh you should try some of my dresses on" :love: So I did, and was in heaven.. it felt great! And then I decided it was time, and I say: "To be honest, I dress up quite frequently, and I really enjoy it". She laughed, didn't believe me, until I showed her my knee high boots that I had standing by. After that, I showed her my whole collection, and we talked alot. It was so relieving being able to talk to someone openly and have them understand!!!

Anyways, now she knows, and she wants to take me shopping and stuff, wants to go walking around, even said she wanted to try dressing like a man, though I would have no idea where to start with her!!!! But yeah, now I can dress and talk to her whenever there is no one else home :thumbsup: I feel great!!!

Katie Moore
09-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Good for you. Now go shopping and have some fun!!!

Katie

angelfire
09-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Good stuff. Sounds like a great room-mate, and a better friend.

Michelle04240
09-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Congrats to you! It's always nice to tell someone and get a good reaction. When do we get to see the outfit? :p

Kim_Bitzflick
09-28-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm glad (& jealous) you have someone to share it with you.

Fab Karen
09-28-2007, 11:42 PM
That's great. It's always so much better being open with someone you live with than trying to hide it, you can come & go whenever you want as a girl. And you got doubly lucky, she's interested in shopping & stuff with you ( maybe she's close to you in age ).

Angie G
09-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Good for you Callie now you have a friend that can help you :hugs:
Angie

Sally2005
09-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Cool! That's sounds like the perfect situation.

DarcyAnne
09-29-2007, 04:18 AM
Wow, what a roomie - score!

RachelDenise
09-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Another success story. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

ChrisP
09-29-2007, 08:56 AM
That is fantastic that you have such an open minded roommate.

One caveat: To her, this is fun, and no big deal. To her, it's a shame that the world is so closed minded.

Because of that, she will mention this to her friends as "the cutest thing just happened".

The bottom line is, don't expect her to keep this confidential.
If you're in a place in your life right now where that doesn't matter, it's great.
If you still need to keep transgender issues as private matter, you better have a long talk with her about that.

I've been down a similar road before, and it was a bit of a 2 edged sword.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Chris

Marissa Mae
09-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Congrats to you! It's always nice to tell someone and get a good reaction. When do we get to see the outfit? :p

I will raise the question in the near future about having her take a pic of me! Its so "new" to be able to actually talk to someone about it and share in it, so I am still feeling out how to act; do I just dress and act like everything is cool, or do I take it easy and not dress too often?

That is fantastic that you have such an open minded roommate.

One caveat: To her, this is fun, and no big deal. To her, it's a shame that the world is so closed minded.

Because of that, she will mention this to her friends as "the cutest thing just happened".

The bottom line is, don't expect her to keep this confidential.
If you're in a place in your life right now where that doesn't matter, it's great.
If you still need to keep transgender issues as private matter, you better have a long talk with her about that.

I've been down a similar road before, and it was a bit of a 2 edged sword.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Chris

Thanks Chris :happy: I think I made a good choice in who I told because she is open minded, and she has no bearing on me whatsoever, so if she were to tell, nothing can really come back to me. Different worlds, different friends etc. So I think I am relatively safe.

If she does tell more of her girlfriends, chances are they would be open minded too and could offer more insight and opportunities. :thumbsup: