PDA

View Full Version : wish me luck!

Bobbie cd
09-28-2007, 10:34 PM
OK, after many months of internal debate on the issue, I have decided that it is time to have "the talk" with my adult daughter. As scared as I might be about it affecting our close relationship, I just feel like I have to be honest with her about this part of me. I also do not want her to find out from someone else or by some accident. The more time I spend going out dressed, the greater the risk that someone we both know will run into me or see me and let it slip to her. On top of everything else, the fact that she is going to present me with my first grandchild sometime this coming spring will not make it any easier for her to deal with if I keep putting it off.

I have always raised her to have faith in herself and to not judge other people just for being different.
Having tolerance for weird behavior from friends or strangers is one thing, while accepting such from a family member tends to be a much more challenging proposition.

She is meeting me for lunch on Monday, so I will let you all know afterwards how it turns out.
Please send the positive thoughts my way! :nailbiting:

Angie G
09-28-2007, 11:45 PM
I wish you luck Bobbie and I think it will be fine I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hun :hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
09-28-2007, 11:54 PM
I've thought about telling my adult daughter about my CD. There's no way she might understand! Then, there's my young one at home----. But that's just me! If U feel U must do it, it's the rite thing! Please let us all know how it turns out. I will NOT uncross my fingers until I hear! All of wish u the best on this!

Carin
09-29-2007, 03:28 AM
Sending you good thoughts.

Trust in how you raised them.

Darla Claire
09-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi Bobbie,

Good for you! Will be thinking about you.

I am interested in learning how you introduce the discussion to your daughter!

Darla :hugs:

RachelDenise
09-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Good luck. If you raised her right, then it'll be no problem. I'm streaming positive thoughts to you!

julianna1984
09-29-2007, 08:36 PM
good luck

Daintre
09-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I hope your lunch with your daughter goes well Bobbie, now we wait to see how it turned out.

trannie T
09-29-2007, 08:59 PM
I don't think you are going to need any luck. If you have brought up your daughter as you say you have she should be an understanding tolerant lady. I wish you courage in bringing up the subject. Things will go well for you, congratulations on the grandchild!

angelfire
09-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Good luck. It'll be hard, but in the end, it will probably be for the best.

Andrea62
09-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Good luck to you

Bobbie cd
10-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Bummer, my daughter's doctor appointment ran late, we will have to reschedule our get-together for another time when we can do it without her SO asking any inconvenient questions that I am not prepared to answer for him yet.

Will let you all know what happens once I get to sit down with her and talk it over.

Patricia Danielle
10-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Your in my thoughts and I'll keep my fingers crossed, I'll even cross my toes if it will help!! Patricia..

Bobbie cd
10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
OK, further update.

After yesterday's disappointment, I figured it would be a while before I could get this done.
Then, when I went to start my truck to go to work this morning, Murphy struck again! The starter solenoid went out and my truck would not start. So, I called in to work to take the day off to deal with the issue.
But, the weather was not exactly cooperating this morning with rain and hail coming down, so I crawled
back into bed and caught up on some missed sleep.
I woke up to the sound of my cell phone ringtone.
It was my daughter calling to tell me she was headed back to town from class and to see if we could get together.
I asked her to go ahead and pick me up so we could have lunch together and then have her take me
by Enterprise so I could rent a vehicle until I get my starter fixed.

Over lunch, I finally managed to work up enough courage to open the subject I wanted to discuss with her. The opening I used was related to a humorous Father's Day card she gave me this summer with some
silly line about wanting to follow in my footsteps, only in way cuter shoes. I told her that she hadn't seen all my shoes and she would have to try harder to have cuter ones.
To make a long story shorter, she had already pretty well put the pieces together and was just waiting
for me to broach the subject with her.
She already had some suspicion and had talked to her CD friend about it. He had advised her that if she was not sure, to wait until I was ready to bring it up.

So, it turns out to be anti-climactic, she already had it pretty much figured out (hmm, could have been something about the long polished fingernails or the v-neck sweater I wore over Christmas?) and is not bothered by it at all.
So, life is good today! :D

Carin
10-02-2007, 05:20 PM
:cheer: I am so glad for you.

Brianna Lovely
10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Good for you, Bobbie, so happy to hear that things went well.
Hmm, maybe you've gained a new shopping partner, giggle.

Eugenie
10-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi Bobbie,

Let me rejoice with you.

I know the feeling pretty much, having come out to my daughter at the begining of this year... She is now 37. She was a bit surprised but accepted it pretty well.

She in turn said that I should talk to my son, something I didn't feel ready for... But being stubborn she said that if I didn't, she would tell him... And she did. He took it very well too.

She also told my wife, who knew about my x-dressing but was reluctant about a coming out to the children. She said to her that she and her brother now knew about my x-dressing.

After a severe crisis with my wife it all turned out to be a very positive move.

The fact that both my children know now and accepted ver well sort of relieved my wife from the fear of their reaction. She is a lot cooler now than she was before...

So I feel quite a lot in synch with you for having told your daughter.

:hugs:
Eugenie

RobertaFermina
10-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Courage (and chance) pays off again !
Now that you know they know...hope life only gets better for you all !

:hugs:

:rose: Roberta :rose: