PDA

View Full Version : I love wearing bridal gowns

shauna
09-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I bought a lovely Bridal gown From Value Village for Halloween It is A Ginza gown I paid 60 dollars for it. It has a snow white lace skirt over a layer of satin,underneath this is a triple layerd crinoline attache to an inner layer of satin, The gown has an asending skirt tapering to a sweep train the original price was 780 bucks,When I got home With it I stripped out of my male clothing unzipped the gown and put my arms up lettiing my dream gown fall into place. I zipped up my Ginza creation and posed in front of my miirrored closet, I was enveloped in a layer of lace ( chantilly) and felt like arincees My Von nurse saw my gown the next day and I modeeled it for her so she could take pics of me in my hallloween costume she helped me dress being zipped into a wedding gown by a girl was fun,I practised walkingin my silver pumps and my nurse showed how to sit in a gown.I felt like a princeess after she left . She bandage my legs due to bad dermatitis from my wor place. It was fun hiking up my skirt and crin to have hr bandage my legs I just loved the rustling sound my gown made.I cannot wait til Halloween.
I wish I was born a girl. I am a female stuck in a male body. I am a twin have a twin sister we should have been born twin girls. I have been wearing dresses in secret since the 70's
bye for now have to feed my cat

Satin_Lover_13
09-29-2007, 11:48 AM
WOW that is nice. Enjoy and have a blast on Halloween.

julianna1984
09-29-2007, 08:42 PM
i like wearing them too

Rachel Morley
09-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Guess what? Today I wore a wedding dress too. My wife and I went to Goodwill and saw a fantastic sequined and lace white creation that had long sleeves, a high neck with lace netting all around the throat chest and back area. It literary had 30 silk covered buttons down the back on just the lace section alone, plus a massive train. I just had to try it on! It felt very lovely having my wife button me into it and it was a snug fit all over. It was impossible to get in or out of the dress without help. They wanted $50 for it. I didn't buy it because I'm not sure my Halloween costume will be a bride. I'm now thinking of being a Renaissance Baroness instead :D

Peggy55
09-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Guess what? Today I wore a wedding dress too. My wife and I went to Goodwill and saw a fantastic sequined and lace white creation that had long sleeves, a high neck with lace netting all around the throat chest and back area. It literary had 30 silk covered buttons down the back on just the lace section alone, plus a massive train. I just had to try it on! It felt very lovely having my wife button me into it and it was a snug fit all over. It was impossible to get in or out of the dress without help. They wanted $50 for it. I didn't buy it because I'm not sure my Halloween costume will be a bride. I'm now thinking of being a renaissance wench instead :D

Sacramento...I'm in San Jose if your not buying it I'm driving up! LOL

carmie
10-20-2007, 07:14 AM
i havent wore a wedding dress yet but look at them in the shop windows and wish i could purchase one, its a dream.

Jillm
10-20-2007, 07:25 AM
I’ve always wanted to buy one but figured it was to much to wear out and too much to just wear around the house. Maybe one day.

Deborah Jane
10-20-2007, 07:33 AM
I bought one for £15 [about $25] from a charity [goodwill] shop!! I love wearing it around the house with all the accessories...It,s the ultimate girly feeling!!:D

Angie G
10-20-2007, 10:16 AM
My wife had a friends weddind dress here to do some alterations and I put it on one day And loved it it was a $1000 dress :hugs:
Angie

Mitzi
10-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Seems like I just can't resist jumping in when someone mentions wedding gowns...:happy:

If you know how to look, you can get very nice wedding gowns on ebay for around $50, plus shipping. There's a seller in China who offers ridiculously low prices, but charges outrages shipping costs.

The ones shown on gorgeous models will be pricey. I look for ones that are displayed poorly, like limply hanging from a hanger on the back of a door, but well described. I've bought very nice gowns for around the $50 mark, and even one for $35. Being poorly displayed, they don't attract bidders.

It's important to ask the seller for measurements, since bridal gowns are sized smaller than dresses, and will vary quite a bit from gown to gown

Mitzi

Colleentg
10-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Although I've worn bridal gowns and prom dresses before, I can't wait to wear a wedding dress for the right reason. (He has been proposing). I don't get any significant stimulation from wearing anything feminine but I think a wedding dress would put me over the edge very easily. All that femininity? And to imagine wearing the sexiest undergarments with it!!! All white over and under!

TriciaO
10-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I posted a few months ago about my fantasy of finding a photographer, bridal salon, or transformation service to give me a makeup application, the gown and plenty of pictures of the blushing bride. I would love to have a handsome groom pose with me in the pictures, including our first kiss! Maybe pictures and video in a bedroom set where he can carry me over the threshold and we can work our way out of our formal wear and celebrate our first night as husband and wife... Oops! I think I'm getting a little carried away.

Unfortunately, I still haven't found anyone in the Philadelphia/Baltimore/DC area to fulfill my fantasy.:sad:

Bridal Britney
10-20-2007, 04:54 PM
I love them too, especially long sleeves and high neck lines:D

docrobbysherry
10-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Guess what? Today I wore a wedding dress too. My wife and I went to Goodwill and saw a fantastic sequined and lace white creation that had long sleeves, a high neck with lace netting all around the throat chest and back area. It literary had 30 silk covered buttons down the back on just the lace section alone, plus a massive train. I just had to try it on! It felt very lovely having my wife button me into it and it was a snug fit all over. It was impossible to get in or out of the dress without help. They wanted $50 for it. I didn't buy it because I'm not sure my Halloween costume will be a bride. I'm now thinking of being a Renaissance Baroness instead :D

Our local Goodwill outlet sells clothes by the pound. I used to find everything in there, but now they take out the wedding dresses. I have one I bought for about $5 years ago. Got it home and it was too small. I have been waiting for my sewing, special faces, and jewelry skills to improve before I tackled Sherry, " the bride". I think I'm ready now. This thread and post has inspired me! Next time I have a couple evenings alone I'm going to prepare for Sherry's wedding photos. I'm getting quite excited just thinking about it. The wedding nite with her, might top the one I had with my ex!
RS

myspace.com/robertsherry

janet1234
10-20-2007, 07:16 PM
we must see a photo of your baroness costume

shamus52
10-20-2007, 09:38 PM
You look great in your gown I wished we owned a bridal shop together?
Sh auna

Cindi Ann Kelly
10-26-2007, 09:43 PM
I have not yet worn a wedding dress, but would love to.

cindi ann

Pamela75s
10-27-2007, 12:40 AM
I have not been able to wear one yet either, but have been looking at local shops.
Pamela

vivianann
10-27-2007, 01:38 AM
[QUOTE=cindi_ann;1058293]I have not yet worn a wedding dress, but would love to.

cindi ann

I would love to wear a wedding dress too, I have not found one that would fit.

Sheri 4242
10-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Seems like I just can't resist jumping in when someone mentions wedding gowns.

Me, too, Mitzi -- but alas, 'tis one subject I just cannot resist!!!

It's important to ask (about) measurements, since bridal gowns are sized smaller than dresses, and will vary quite a bit from gown to gown

Whew!!! Listen carefully ladies!!!! If you ever plan on buying a wedding gown this is important information!!! Rule One is, indeed, buy a size larger than you normally wear -- and even then, make certain you can exchange it!!!

it was a $1000 dress

You can get there (and much higher) in a hurry!!!

I’ve always wanted to buy one but figured it was to much to wear out and too much to just wear around the house. Maybe one day.

I get the impression that many of our sisters feel exactly like what you are expressing here, Jill. When I bought my wedding gown, I really didn't have any plans to really wear it. Yes, I have an incredible wife who is so very, very supportive -- but a wedding dress was, in my mind's eye, way beyond what she'd accept.

Nevertheless, I bought a Wedding Gown on an eBay auction -- and deep, deep within me hoped that someday I'd find a way to wear it!!!

Then came Las Vegas!!! As we were making plans to go to Vegas with some friends, that beautiful, sweet, marvelous, incredible, intuitive, and passionate lady who is my wife says to me that she knew how badly I wanted to really be a bride -- and based on the strength and dynamics of our love, why didn't we have "our second wedding" while out in Las Vegas with this time, me being the bride!!! What a fantastic lady my wife is!!!!!!! And what a ceremony we had in Vegas this past June!!!!!!!

Evelyn Smith
10-27-2007, 09:30 AM
I'd love a nice wedding dress! I have a beautiful pattern, and my sewing skills are almost up to the job, so hopefully sometime soon I will live that dream!

Tiana
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
i love wedding dresses, to me you cannot beat the feminine feeling of all that satin and lace. if you have not tried on one you must.

il.dso
11-30-2007, 03:46 PM
I've wanted to buy and wear a wedding dress for years!
My dress size is 16.
Would that be my wedding dress size also?

docrobbysherry
11-30-2007, 08:13 PM
I've wanted to buy and wear a wedding dress for years!
My dress size is 16.
Would that be my wedding dress size also?

I believe they vary, as with other style of dresses. A wedding dress might fit a size 16 GG, but not a size 16 CD. They usually make them fit a bit tite. However, I have seen larger sizes with a lot chiffon poofing out all over.
I have a size 8, which I usually fit into. It doesn't around my ribcage, even with a corset.
RS

feminineandproud
11-30-2007, 11:22 PM
a wedding gown can be very fun to dress into.

Tiffany Anne 9954
12-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Add me to the ones who loves wedding gowns as i own 2 of them and i'am wearing one as you see in my avatar.
Wedding gowns to me are the most ultimate dress to own and wear. i just love all that fabric swishing and dragging around me.

Samantha B L
12-01-2007, 10:40 PM
I bought a wedding gown 25 years ago at a shopping mall near where I lived. It was at least a $100 value and it was on sale for about $30. This was at a "Stuart's" or a "County Seat". The wonderful thing about it was that since it was an entirely women's store there was no place to try it on and see if it fit but women's stalls. My best GG freind was with me and I was in heaven! the gown had layers of Satiny Material and it fit me perfectly. It was designed and made in a kind of off-white. I kept that dress for 3 years when finally one day I turned around quickly to answer the phone and I stepped on the hem and put a rip of at least 6 inches in the back of that very elegant dress,up by the zipper. Anyway,that's the story of my wedding gown.

shauna 9
12-01-2007, 11:32 PM
I love them too,

Dawn Marie
12-03-2007, 02:03 PM
I with all of you, I would just love to own a wedding gown and have pictures taken. I keep looking on ebay. It is the ultimate dress of femininity.

karynspanties
12-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Why? I guess I just don't understand what the thrill of a wedding gown is. Or any type of costume, french maid, sisssy, etc. Not knocking it, just don't understand it. Too each her own.

Jamie14
12-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I have had a couple of opportunities to slip into a wedding dress that just happened to be around but would love nothing more than to be able to go into a wedding dress store and try on different dresses and have the sales girls help me into them, etc. That would be the ultimate shopping trip!!!!!

femboy_01
12-09-2007, 01:04 PM
I really lucked out. I was passing my local bridal place on the way home from work and noticed a number of plastic bags in the garbage. I took a few of the bags and stuck them in my car. When I got home to my surprise was a strapless bridal gown and full petticoat that was selling for $1,600. Guess it was an old sample. It was a size 18 and I was just able to squeeze into it!! Ahhhh heaven !!!

Serena

veronicagirl
12-09-2007, 01:45 PM
I bought my dream gown off ebay. It has long sleeves, a high neck, but having the netting down the bodice. Lots of tiny pearls and with a long train. Shortly, I purchased a boned circle petticoat and fingertip veil with blusher on a tiara. So, last June, I see that Saturday's forecast was 100% chance of rain. No fishing, camping..etc. Saturday morning, I carefully I applied my full makeup/bridal jewelry and perfume, having done my nails in white with silver decals and some rhinestones the night before. I slowly dressed in my white, bridal basque, wedding bell hose, bridal panties, (of course, the mandatory whitelace/blue flower garter), bridal ankle strap sandals, gown and veil. The day was so much fun. I imagined how many other GG's were really getting married about 3pm. I toasted them with a glass of bubbly in my own champagne flute with "bride" etched into it. After a nice steak meal, I opened a box and had a piece of the small cake I purchased saying, "congratulations Veronica" ......just telling this now, makes me want to do that again.

Dawn Marie
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I too love wedding gowns, with all the lace and beadwork. I keep looking on ebay and have bid on a few but keep getting outbid. But I keep on trying, one of these days I'll get the prize. When I do there will be pics.:love:

Barbara G
12-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Out 50th anniversary is coming up, but there's NO WAY my wifr would go for a ceremony with me in the bridal gown.

Rats...

DAVIDA
12-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Jean has always wanted me to get a wedding gown. I would love to have one, but I just can't see getting one just to sit in the closet.