PDA

View Full Version : we are done....

Carin's Wife GG
09-29-2007, 02:08 PM
with telling our six children about Carin being TG. Our twin boys, 18, came home as a surprise this weekend and we had the conversation with both of the yesterday. Like all of the other kids they were very accepting and so supportive. One of them had a lot of interesting questions which Carin was able to answer in her usual understanding way.

There is a huge relief for me that the six kids now know (our youngest is 13 and has mental retardation and will be given facts as they come up for him). The other six kids range in age from almost 17 to 21. I wanted all of them to know about Carin through us, not in a situation that was unsupportive. Our almost 17 yo found *trappings* and came to some wrong decisions and that was the reason she was told. Telling each of them in a supportive way was the very best thing we could have done.

So for now our children (adults even!) know, as do my parents, my sister and her husband, two close friends and a few of our older daughter's friends. All have been supportive and understanding. We are very lucky!

Louise.

Brianna Lovely
09-29-2007, 02:30 PM
How wonderful for you Louise & Carin, another big step in your life journey. So happy to hear that you children are accepting, they will make good decisions in the future, because of how you raised them.

Shelly Preston
09-29-2007, 02:31 PM
It great to hear about such a wonderful ending to what must have been a difficult time

If even one had been unaccepting it could have been very traumatic time

Well done to you both :hugs:

Marla S
09-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Just great and wonderful.
I am happy for you :happy:

BarbaraTalbot
09-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Telling each of them in a supportive way was the very best thing we could have done.

snip

All have been supportive and understanding. We are very lucky!

It sounds wonderful. I don;t think it was luck so much as methodical planning and really good communication..

Sandra
09-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Lousie I know how you're both feeling, good isn't it?

Bobbie cd
09-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Louise, I am so happy for you and Carin. It only goes to show that the love, honesty, and support that you have given to those children is paying great dividends now in the form of their acceptance and understanding. Congratulations.

trannie T
09-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Congratulations! As one who is trying to drag myself out of the closet stories like yours are an inspiration.

Kris
09-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I am so thrilled to hear that things are done and over... now you can relax and not worry.

I know that I feel a great relief with my kids now, :tongueout AND I don't even have a lover .. yet.

Anyway, see our parenting pays off greatly when we get to give our children the chance to prove that they are the respectable people we always hoped for.

Congrats again!!

:hugs: Kris

Angie G
09-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Carin you do have a charmed life hun and for that I'm glad for you :hugs:
Angie

SarahLynn
09-30-2007, 07:57 PM
From the subjuct line i was (at first anyway) thinking you had decided to call it quits and end the marriage. Whoo Whee am i glad to hear it was just the final call on informing all the children of the adventure in your lives.

As our sisters "down under" might say, "Good on you, :hugs::hugs: for a well planned trip."

SarahLynn

Suzie Green
09-30-2007, 11:59 PM
This is such great news, congrats on being wonderful parents and sharing your feelings and life with them all. I recently came out to our 2 children and it has lifted a great weight from my shoulders. I'm sure your life will be richer for them knowing as well! :love:

KarenSusan
10-01-2007, 12:48 AM
So happy to hear that, Louise & Carin

dancinginthedark
10-01-2007, 12:59 AM
That is wonderful news. :hugs: I'm so happy for you all.

dancin

`

Joann0830
10-01-2007, 02:03 AM
Its a wonderful thing to hear that not only is there a Great understanding and Greater Love between you both, that you were able to use that to be able to talk to your children and every other person that is a part of your life and explain, Carins secret that she has kept inside probably for a very long time. The greatest accomplishment that you have achieved was to educate and teach understanding to everyone that you had touched. There is enough anger and hatred around us for those who assume and dont know who we really are. We are Husbands, Parents, family and neighbors with a lot of Love in our hearts. Three cheers to you Both:cheer::cheer::cheer: from my family to yours. My lovely wife passed away in 2001 and I explained to my daughter at age 12 or 13 who I really am since childhood and its because of my explanation that she is a young Lady now at 17 who does not judge people but has learned to accept people for who they are.
From a Loving Parent to anothers Loving Parents :love: to you both. Joann

Dixie
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
That is sooo wonderful to hear, I hope a long happy life for the two of you.