PDA

View Full Version : Male or Female Sales Associates?

trannie T
09-29-2007, 05:33 PM
When I shop I strongly prefer buying from a female sales associate even in stores like WalMart where all they do is ring up a sale. I go out of my way to avoid a male associate. How about the rest of you do you have a preference?

andreaattimes
09-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Prefer a female.

Sedona
09-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Yes, female I'd say, and preferably not a teen. Older women have seen more, and seem much less phased than younger women sometimes do. In other words, older women I've been rung up by kind of "get it," and it doesn't seem like such a big deal.

Pamela75s
09-29-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't have a problem with either, but I think if I had to make a choice, I would say female.
Pamela

Imogen_Mann
09-29-2007, 07:27 PM
No preferance. I just want them to be accurate, handle my purchases with care and be polite.

I have had issues with impolite sales staff, sniggering at me and making comments. I stood my ground, asked the floor manager and asked him to explain the joke. When he failed I asked for the shop manager(ess) and she got me three aoplogies and 10% off.

If it happens again, I'll do the same.

JenniferR771
09-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Prefer women clerks and sales associates. Avoid men at the check-out.

angelfire
09-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Yes, female I'd say, and preferably not a teen. Older women have seen more, and seem much less phased than younger women sometimes do. In other words, older women I've been rung up by kind of "get it," and it doesn't seem like such a big deal.

I tend to go for the older ladies as well. Not so comfortable with the ones around my age. Generally, I'm alright with girls I find unattractive. I guess I just care less about what they think.

I also don't want to seem racist or anything, but SAs who are of different nationalities also seem easier to buy from.

Anthea
09-29-2007, 07:43 PM
I don't have a problem with anyone.

Annesah
09-29-2007, 07:50 PM
As allways; Girls Rule!

CarmenG
09-29-2007, 08:11 PM
The older ladies seem to know the least. but then again it depends on what store I am in. don't know if you guys have this problem but down here the biggest pet peeve I have is this.....
When I walk into a store and a SA ask if I need help and say I do and speak to them in english then they respond in spanish......
that just torks me to no end ..........................................:Pullhai r:

Robertacd
09-29-2007, 08:19 PM
I like to fine the youngest and prettiest girl, becuase I like the knowing little looks and smiles they give me and certainly enjoy the little comments like "your going to look great in this" they sometimes give me.

Angie G
09-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Either is OK with me I don't know them :hugs:
Angie

S. Lisa Smith
09-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Female and I ask them for help. Works great and it's really fun.

Stacie Stockman
09-29-2007, 09:31 PM
The only time I've seen a male associate was in the men's dept.

Denise01
09-29-2007, 10:00 PM
When I am shopping I prefer a Female associate, as i feel they are more compasionate, especially if i am buying femmine items, when in guy mode, which is very seldom.

When I am shopping for Denise, 95% of the time I am in Femme mode, and then I will only go to a Female Associate.
I find that the Female Associates are much more understanding and helpful when you need assistance.
Given that, when I am shopping for Denise, i rarely go to a store like Wal-mart, but will go to a ladies shop, where there are only Female sales personnel

Denise

Daintre
09-29-2007, 10:16 PM
I have no problem with male or female associates, all I want is a knowledgeable person.

Samantha B L
09-29-2007, 11:03 PM
I prefer women. And the older ones are usually more used to dealing with CD's. It seems like everybody who's in business will sell to you, but it's a pure pleasure when they take it out of the closet and fully acknowledge that you dress. And they come out and say so. "This looks good on you"........"would you like to try it on?"..........etc.

My Lady Marsea
09-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Generaly speaking it doesn't matter to me, I've had good and bad of both, but I do go to the female SA if I have a choice.

No preferance. I just want them to be accurate, handle my purchases with care and be polite.

I have had issues with impolite sales staff, sniggering at me and making comments. I stood my ground, asked the floor manager and asked him to explain the joke. When he failed I asked for the shop manager(ess) and she got me three aoplogies and 10% off.

If it happens again, I'll do the same.
I just LOVE it. You Go Girl. I only hope I can do this if it happens to me..just LOVE IT LOVE IT LOL.

The older ladies seem to know the least. but then again it depends on what store I am in. don't know if you guys have this problem but down here the biggest pet peeve I have is this.....
When I walk into a store and a SA ask if I need help and say I do and speak to them in english then they respond in spanish......
that just torks me to no end ..........................................:Pullhai r:
Yes I agree. You think you have it bad, try Yuma, we're like hop, skip, and the jump lands you in Mexico. Shopping Walmart after midnight is a real bummer, it SEEMS most of the stockers don't speak English and if you ask a question you get that blank look ( you know the one) and they motion for you to follow while they find a bilingual associate to help you. This is a whole 'nother topic though best on some other website so I shall be ladylike & refrain LOL.

ArleneRaquel
09-30-2007, 12:17 AM
When I am out buying femme things I avoid male Sales Associates like the plague. There doesn't seem to be a great number males SA's at the stores that I frequent, ( I'm normally enfemme )but at Pearle & the other Opticians that I am a client men seem to be the SA about 50% of the time, I try to get a lady SA, if possible. :happy: :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch - Enjoying Chardonnay - 1st Glass. :thumbsup:

Michelia
09-30-2007, 01:09 AM
I honestly try really hard not to prefer anyone. It seems I would be discriminating and making a lot of assumptions. I have gotten excellent treatment from members of both sexes and all ages as well as a few really bad experiences from an older woman and a younger girl. Never been mistreated by a male SA. They may have blushed and gotten really embarrassed but never have made any remarks.

Michelia

Emma England
09-30-2007, 03:38 AM
Luckily, the majority of sa's are female.

The only time I have been served by a male was when I bought my suit 15 years ago.

jjjjohanne
09-30-2007, 06:26 AM
I tend to go for the older ladies as well. Not so comfortable with the ones around my age. Generally, I'm alright with girls I find unattractive. I guess I just care less about what they think.

I also don't want to seem racist or anything, but SAs who are of different nationalities also seem easier to buy from.

First, I never shop enfemme. I sometimes am partially enfemme. But always presenting as a man.

I have come to feel the same way. Originally, my ranking in who I wanted for a checkout person was: an international person, then an old woman, then a younger woman, and as a last resort, a man.

Over time, as I grew more comfortable, I tried cashiers of every group and they are were fine. I still know teenage girls are more likely to say something funny about it. "Night on the town tonight?"

For sales associates, I think I always leaned toward younger women, then older women, then men as a last resort. Men almost never work in womens wear departments, so that was easy.

Over time, I have found that the age of the woman was irrelevant. Most SA's have experienced a CD or have been trained to behave themselves. Only once have I had a man to deal with. He was ringing me up on the cash register. He seemed a little uncomfortable. I thought he seemed like he might be gay, originally. I don't know what he was in the end. But we both kinda "looked to the floor," did our business, and left.

Joe

Kate Simmons
09-30-2007, 07:27 AM
The younger guys aren't too bad. It's the older guys who usually look at me three ways crosseyed. No sensa humor I guess.:heehee:

MissJenn
09-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Although I have never shopped enfemme Ive only had one cashier say anything about a purchase I was making and I just told him it was for my girlfriend and that was all that was said. On that note I say thank goodness for self checkout at Wal Marts because unless there is a problem with the register you dont have to deal with anyone. This works great when Im buying lingerie etc. Cyaz Miss Jenn

Samantha Thomson
09-30-2007, 10:40 AM
i say i perfer female cashiers over males the guys just kind of look at you like you are wierd

samantha

ToxicDisneyGoddess
09-30-2007, 12:49 PM
It seems to me like you guys are being kinda hypocrtical,
When it comes to male acociates we do exisit and maybe that guy helping you out is one of us and jus is afarid to be true to who they r so thats maybe why you get the reaction you get.

Alot of todays top fashion designers are male, and alot of the best make up artists and creaters of cosmetic lines are also in fact male. They go into work to do there job just like the girls do, i should know cus i have done the retail clothing line before and no matter where you should get outstanding service no matter how you are dressed becuse fact of the matter is a sale is a sale its all busness. so thats my thoughts on this

And i prefer guys, lol cus nothing like a cute guy helping you haha

Paula G
09-30-2007, 03:54 PM
It really depends on what I'm buying at the time & what store I'm at. If I'm just buying jeans/skirt/tops, it really doesn't matter who I deal with. If it's lingere, then I would prefer a female salesperson.

Rachel Morley
09-30-2007, 04:03 PM
I guess it doesn't really matter to me. If there's a cool, alternative or weird looking person, younger or older, male or female then I tend to want to be served by them. But if they are all regular looking sales associates then I'd rather be served by a young(ish) - not too young - female.

sue ellan
10-01-2007, 07:53 AM
i have good experance with both young and older sa,s. got great help form young girls at a victoria secert stores and older ladies in other stores. im a older cd and always get good service

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Wendy me
10-01-2007, 08:03 AM
bottom line am i going to get what i want??? am i going to have fun????? .... the gender of the person is not a issue...........

Desiree2bababe
10-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Female for me, unless I know the male is gay and handsome!.

Ashlee
10-01-2007, 09:06 AM
I went to fredericks of hollywood the other day and the SA was female. i walked around looking until the customer in the store left. once they were gone i calmly explained that i needed something to give me shape as i was going as a "chic" for halloween. she was great, didn't faze her in the least and she stated that men account for like 60% of sales. the only thing she couldn't do was tie up the corset. i got fake breasts and a corset. i was lucky in that it was a slow day and no one came in, a great experience.

Dixie
10-01-2007, 09:45 AM
The female cashiers at Wal-Mart are more fun than the male ones are when buying Fem items. My latest was last week when I bought 2 packs of false nails, and the cashier she said, "Are you gonna be dressing up?" To which I said oh yeah I'm going to be a hooker for halloween and my wife is going to be my pimp. She smiled a sly smile and said "Mmmmm sounds like fun." and then winks at me. All the while the guy behind me in line is looking all disgusted and gutshot! Hahahahaha, as I am leaving he made a comment to the cashier about me that I could not quite hear but heard her say "Well I Think it's HOT!" She was pretty nice looking herself so I walked out of there with a huge grin on my face walking on cloud nine!:tongueout

Staci
10-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Not sure why. I guess it is because I don't think they would judge me if they even made the connection that what I was buying was for me. Some have. I think my wife finds it funny. The last time I got new high heel boots she also got some shoes. I took both pairs to the cashier. It was a female. She looked at me a little funny and said "A size 6 and a size 12. These are very nice." My wife thought it was hilarious.:heehee:

Megan70
10-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Here's a good one. Years ago in our crossdressers club we had one CD who looked and sounded PERFECT as a middle age woman.Looks, wig, voice deportment.
On one evening He/She went enfemme to a high end womans formal dress store that sell gowns, formal wear , after five and the like. He spent over a $1000 that night. He and the female store owner became good friends and she accepted her as a female so much that she gave "Bonnie" a job as a Sales associate in her luxury dress store. Here she is helping sweet young things in the dressing rooms zipping up the backs of their senior prom gown, then assit the futur mother of the bride in her trying on experience.
No one was the wiser, she kept the part time 20 hr a week job for over a year.

Megan

Monique Althea
10-01-2007, 09:38 PM
I always prefer to deal with a female, although experience tells me I can't really make any generalizations about what sort of clerk or salesperson is more or less likely to be disturbed or upset by me--older, younger, black, white or whatever, let alone male or female. The amount of acceptance I get from strangers tends to amaze me moe than anything. If I prefer to deal with women while dressed, it's because I prefer to deal with women the rest of the time as well.

Cristi
10-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I prefer female. But there is another factor other than gender when I am deciding if I'm going to talk to an SA or not.

From what I've learned, there are basically two types of people working in a store (wow, now THAT'S a generalization!) One type is closed minded, set in his/her way, just going through life without having any fun or thinking any more than they have to. They don't want to be there, they just want the paycheck.

The other type is open to new things, generally more happy, probably the kind of person I'd generally enjoy having a conversation with. This person enjoys their job and just likes dealing with people in general.

The older I get, the more I swear I can tell the first type from the second from 100 feet away. It comes through in the body language, expression, how they go about their work, whether they make eye contact... If I'm approaching an SA and see the wrong signs I'll just turn away, man OR woman. But 9 times out of ten, if it is the second type person, not only will I enjoy the experience, but we'll probably end up talking about what I'm buying, the weather, what I'm doing that evening and anything else that comes up!

Stephenie S
10-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Well, my goodness, what an awful lot of prejudice we are showing here!

I thought we wanted society to show us some acceptance and tolerance. How do we ever get off condemming a whole group of SA based solely on their sex? Isn't this just a bit too intolerant?

There are some very knowledgable and helpful men in the fashion industry. Avoiding a SA just because he is a man seems grossly unfair to me.

How can we ask society to not judge us when we are so quick to judge others?

Lovies,
Stephenie

ArleneRaquel
10-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I think that most people consider women less bigoted and more open to new ideas rather than men. Also men, very often to prove their manlyness are more likely to act in a condescending way. I know that there are very many narrow minded women But, for all the abuse that real women receive for their gossipping I still feel that they are much better in their approach to CD'ers, at least that has been my experience, :happy: :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch - Hoping For an End to ALL Bigotry ( including MINE ) :happy: :drink: A Glass of Chardonnay with Beyonce :thumbsup:

shauna 9
10-02-2007, 08:31 AM
i perfer female cashiers over males

Melinda G
10-02-2007, 10:57 AM
I'd rather be served by a young(ish) - not too young - female.

I like being served by youngish females too.:D

I'm not a big Wal-Mart shopper, but the other day, I dropped in to a brand new Super Wal-Mart, just looking for bargains. I bought several items, along with a nice black lacy bra, and a black lacy panty, and headed for the self checkout lanes. Uh oh, What's up with this. No self checkout lanes, in a brand new store. Well, bite the bullet and pick a lane. Middle aged black lady checked me out. Didn't say anything, but did a double take, and gave me a look, out of the corner of her eye. Then she handed me the bag, and gripped my hand warmly, and said, "Have a nice evening". It was only around noon.:happy: