PDA

View Full Version : Discovered new culture rule

noname
09-30-2007, 03:31 AM
As we all know todays culture has lots of rules for the male gender. Sinve having gotten my hair cut and styled I've learned two things.

1: Men are permitted to have long hair

2: Men are not permitted to style thier long hair

Ok, technically 2 isn't a rule, but like cd'ing, it's considred off limits. Another strange and twisted rule brought to you by todays culture.

Emma England
09-30-2007, 03:33 AM
Any long hair should be styled, otherwise it just looks messy.

trannie T
09-30-2007, 02:39 PM
We have many opportunities but they are stifled by too many rules.
We can have long hair but we can't style it.
We have lips but can't use lipstick.
We have eye lids but can't wear eyeliner.
We have legs but can't wear a miniskirt.
How many rules can I break today?

Deborah Jane
09-30-2007, 02:41 PM
I only keep to the rules i agree with:tongueout

Jackie67
09-30-2007, 02:48 PM
As we all know todays culture has lots of rules for the male gender. Sinve having gotten my hair cut and styled I've learned two things.

Ok, technically 2 isn't a rule, but like cd'ing, it's considred off limits. Another strange and twisted rule brought to you by todays culture.

I had to get in on this one, I have my Hair styled every 2 weeks and, and a perm when needed. Rules smules who follows them any way.:rolleyes::happy:

Rachel Morley
09-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Rules are meant be broken aren't they? :heehee: To me, all the types of rules you mention basically boil down to one big rule. Apparently (?) men are not allowed to do things that are perceived as feminine. Now, if we could only change people's perceptions? Hummm :thinking:

jarts55
09-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh my, had mine done twice and that was in the mid 80's. And to think the wife didn't have a problem with it. Too bad I went bald or I would still be doing it.

Echo Logical
09-30-2007, 05:51 PM
if you are a RockStar :yahoo:

Legs
09-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey everyone.....HUGGGGGSS

This is my first post here, never thought about searching for something like this until the other day.....WHOOOPPPIIIIEEEEEEE

Glad I found ya...smiles "Finally"

Well I was thinking about this very subject the other day, only a bit more in depth I suppose, so here is my thoughts, & views on the subject.

Why is it that women GG's can put on a pair of "Men's" jeans, shirts, suits, shoes, boots, underwear, Tux, whatever they want and they can go out and the whole world goes GAGA over it, they can cut their hair down to even BALD of all things and nobody thinks anything of it.

Yet let a "Man" put on a skirt, high heels, lipstick whatever and he is deemed unfit, crazy, or any one of the other terms used?

To me most GGs are lazy these days, they complain it is too time consuming, too much work, too much hasle, and too uncomfortable to "dress up" daily unless they have somewhere "Special" to go, (Like shopping), and yet I find it MUCH more conforatble to dress in women's clothing, heck they have it made, a skirt, stockings and heels is allot less confining than a pair of jeans and tee shirt.

I drive an 18 wheeler and I am much more comfortable behind the wheel when I am not wearing jeans, they bunch up around my waist, and upper thighs and cut off the blood and circulation to my legs and they swell big time down around my ankles and feet, yet I can put on stockings, a skirt, and heels (and yes I do drive a big rig in heels) and my legs and feet do not swell, and in fact they don't get as tired and sore either, go figure.

Bottom line, why is it so ok for GGs to wear Men's clothing and so NOT ok for us to wear their clothing?

OK down off the soapbox now...smiles.

Sorry for my first post to be so long winded and a speach.

Look forward to talking to all of you....HUGGGGGSSS

Legs

noname
09-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Rules are meant be broken aren't they? :heehee: To me, all the types of rules you mention basically boil down to one big rule. Apparently (?) men are not allowed to do things that are perceived as feminine. Now, if we could only change people's perceptions? Hummm :thinking:

From recent observations, women seem to "take over" if you will. Just look at capris for instance. It used to be pants were a mens only item. It's surprising how many styles of pants the general public deems women only. Women also seem to be taking over names as well. Names like Kyle. When I recently found out out Ashley was a boys name I was surprised. It wasn't much later that I had to call for support for xbox and the guys name who helped me was Ash, obviously short for Ashley. Just to try things out I went to order pizza and they asked for my name, I said my name was ashley, all the workers gathered around the order ticket and giggled. What a bunch of morons.

anyway, here is the deal. Women do manly things, men get scared and homophobic and then it becomes a women only thing, pushing men further and further into oppression.

But as far as hair goes, just styling my hair seems to make people think I'm GG initially. But if they take a good look I seem to get a second glance. Screw culture, I'm doing my own thing.

Jamie001
09-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Me to. I do my own thing, In the hair salon and the nail salon I am in drab and I am treated like one of the girls. My hair is always in a highlighted fem style and my toenails are always professionally pedicures and polished bright red. Both my fem hair and red toenails are on display 24/7/365 for everyone to see. It is very liberating. This is the way that we will achieve fashion freedom. Get out there and show everyone that you are very proud of your fashion and who you are!

From recent observations, women seem to "take over" if you will. Just look at capris for instance. It used to be pants were a mens only item. It's surprising how many styles of pants the general public deems women only. Women also seem to be taking over names as well. Names like Kyle. When I recently found out out Ashley was a boys name I was surprised. It wasn't much later that I had to call for support for xbox and the guys name who helped me was Ash, obviously short for Ashley. Just to try things out I went to order pizza and they asked for my name, I said my name was ashley, all the workers gathered around the order ticket and giggled. What a bunch of morons.

anyway, here is the deal. Women do manly things, men get scared and homophobic and then it becomes a women only thing, pushing men further and further into oppression.

But as far as hair goes, just styling my hair seems to make people think I'm GG initially. But if they take a good look I seem to get a second glance. Screw culture, I'm doing my own thing.

Jamie001
09-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Hi Legs,

Yes there is a double-standard and I am out to destroy it! Search all open forums for "double standard" and you will see that there has been a lot of discussion on this.

Hey everyone.....HUGGGGGSS

This is my first post here, never thought about searching for something like this until the other day.....WHOOOPPPIIIIEEEEEEE

Glad I found ya...smiles "Finally"

Well I was thinking about this very subject the other day, only a bit more in depth I suppose, so here is my thoughts, & views on the subject.

Why is it that women GG's can put on a pair of "Men's" jeans, shirts, suits, shoes, boots, underwear, Tux, whatever they want and they can go out and the whole world goes GAGA over it, they can cut their hair down to even BALD of all things and nobody thinks anything of it.

Yet let a "Man" put on a skirt, high heels, lipstick whatever and he is deemed unfit, crazy, or any one of the other terms used?

To me most GGs are lazy these days, they complain it is too time consuming, too much work, too much hasle, and too uncomfortable to "dress up" daily unless they have somewhere "Special" to go, (Like shopping), and yet I find it MUCH more conforatble to dress in women's clothing, heck they have it made, a skirt, stockings and heels is allot less confining than a pair of jeans and tee shirt.

I drive an 18 wheeler and I am much more comfortable behind the wheel when I am not wearing jeans, they bunch up around my waist, and upper thighs and cut off the blood and circulation to my legs and they swell big time down around my ankles and feet, yet I can put on stockings, a skirt, and heels (and yes I do drive a big rig in heels) and my legs and feet do not swell, and in fact they don't get as tired and sore either, go figure.

Bottom line, why is it so ok for GGs to wear Men's clothing and so NOT ok for us to wear their clothing?

OK down off the soapbox now...smiles.

Sorry for my first post to be so long winded and a speach.

Look forward to talking to all of you....HUGGGGGSSS

Legs

Caitlin Rose
10-01-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm in my 60's and more than 1/2 bald, much more than 1/2 gray. My hair is over a foot long in back and always worn in a ponytail. Nothing too unusual so far.

My ponytail is tied with a big French blue scrunchie that matches my shirt. I try to have the scrunchie coordinate with something I'm wearing that day. I have over 25 of them!

Today the ponytail itself is styled as a tubular ringlet curl about 6 inches long. Other days it might be flat-ironed and hang stick straight, or even be done as a horizontal roll and pinned in place.

I just love it when someone notices!

Wendy me
10-01-2007, 08:08 AM

lol i glade i saw this lol so my hair that's 3/4 of the way down my back is ok now??? thank you.......

SabrinaDubh
10-01-2007, 09:05 AM
if you are a RockStar :yahoo:

And I am indeed a rock star!

And my hair goes down to my mid-back.

Dixie
10-01-2007, 09:38 AM
RULES!!!! We don't need no stinking Rules!!!:D:drink:

crotchhiboots
10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
I have 1 rule : if it feels good and doesn't hurtyourself or anybody DO IT. Occams Razor.