PDA

View Full Version : The Art Of A Successul Cd

Sarah McKinnon
10-01-2007, 07:40 AM
The art of being a successful CD is to not act....just be your normal self and everything will fall into place.

I get dressed at home and look fantastic from the breast down...it's my face that gives me away.....So I don't go outside....:sad:

Well I've accepted that although I look very sexy from the breasts down...I can't do anything to change that....oh well, life is a real barrel of fun

Wendy me
10-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Sarah some times it dose not matter how we look if we have no plans on going out ...and some times we just got to say it is what it is ......

Sarah McKinnon
10-01-2007, 08:08 AM
I agree Wendy......being a virgin to CDing....I still have a ways to go...and certainly all the loverly tips in this room will help to that end....tks for the reply .... smile

Wendy me
10-01-2007, 08:10 AM
hey any time i know your looking for answers and some help we all are .... remember this .... this is something fun so enjoy it.....

Joy Carter
10-01-2007, 08:23 AM
I can relate the looks thing. But hey, I'm not going to let that stop me from being who I am.
I have been out several times and have enJoyed it every time.
So if me, at six foot 220 lbs and a distinctly male face can do it, you can to.
Jut start out at some TG venues and gain some friends. It dose much for your confidence. You can grow from there. :D

RobertaFermina
10-01-2007, 08:43 AM
The problem of not feeling I appear "good enough" to go out and show myself is common for GG's too.

Ever try to take pictures of GG's. Often you will get a quick and assertive NO! instead of permission.

We are all susceptible to concern about our appearance....and yet to live a real life, we have to go out to the places where we are stretched to grow.

If that place is still in the home or in the heart, don't worry about going out the front door.

If the door beckons, however......

Also, Joy is so right! there are safe places where we can be seen only by each other and CD Friendlies who understand and honor us. Look for these places. I hope some are near enough to you. They are golden, and may be your next step.

In Love and Service,

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Marcie Sexton
10-01-2007, 09:02 AM
As my wife and I read this post, we both looked at each other and seemed to come to the same conclusion, with out ever speaking a word...

It is just actually that...ART !!!

When you stop and think about it, for all of us, its a matter of smoke and mirrors...I know when my wife gets ready to go out, she primps to no end, constantly fine tuning her appearance, just as I do the same thing...For us atleast its a matter of fine tuning our makeup...the paint...the canvas is our faces...

I would suggest and my wife agrees too, that you continue to fine tune your makeup...if only you could see some of my early pictures, you would need to make a potty run to keep from peeing down your leg...and while I'm a loooong way from where I want to be, I continue to perfect my makeup, slowly, but surely making progress...I along with lots of others continue to seek what, at least for me is UNATTAINABLE...none the less I continue to seek it...To take a quote and modify it a bit...wise women continue to seek it...PERFECTION...

I would suggest you continue to work on the makeup, if you feel that is where you need the work...and never give up on that goal of perfection, be it in my case atleast unachievable...

In the words of Jim Valvano..." Don't give up, don't ever give up !!!"

M&M'sGG

Kate Simmons
10-01-2007, 09:15 AM
For myself it's an art form and I am presenting an illusion which can be challenging at times, depending on what I'm trying to accomplish, such as trying out a new look. Even so, I try not to over think it and am really not that fussy about my appearance sometimes. Do I give a hoot whether I "pass" all the time? Not in the least and neither do the folks I associate with. To me it's all about having a good time and enjoying being myself.:happy:

christid66
10-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Not looking good is one of the reasons that I haven't been out dressed before but I've decided 'enough is enough'.
I went out yesterday and bought a ton of make-up and have today off work to practice. My early attempts make me look like a clown but I'm determined to get it right and make it out someday

DianaGomez
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
I get dressed at home and look fantastic from the breast down...it's my face that gives me away.....
Now that seems familiar! If I didnt have to show my face, I'd be a knockout and every guy in town would be hitting on me!

docrobbysherry
10-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Of course, I still love the feel of ladies things. That's how I started CDing. I tried makeup just once. The phrase, " Lipstick on a pig", comes to mind. Since then, I have worked on my "special faces". They complete my female persona when I look in the mirror, and for in my pictures. I take A LOT of pictures! I could never pass away from home, but I look hot! And that's what keeps me CDing.

MsJanessa
10-01-2007, 12:34 PM
the key is to look as good as you can then relax and enjoy it---when you get to the point when you don't care whether you "pass" or not( and I don't care what anybody says, its very very rare for most of us to pass all the time), that's when you start "passing" the most.

Emily Ann Brown
10-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah for Ms Janessa........when we relax we draw less attention !

Emily Ann

Ruth
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Not every woman on the street is gorgeous (sorry girls, it's true), so it's OK to go out and walk about not looking like a catwalk model. The key is in feeling comfortable with how you do look. Act like you look perfectly normal and other people will pick this up and react the same way.

Mitch23
10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I've been out many times now - I'm 6'2" + heels, skinny as a rake, I don't pass and I don't care. I just enjoy every minute of it!

Mitch

Veronica 1
10-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Outside of going to the liquor store once while fem, and being dru... tipsy enough to get away with it, I have only been on about 5 late night walks. Of this, I have been hit on 3 times. Of course, they all approached from behind. One poor guy, I think, is still having nightmares. :heehee: While this has made me rethink how I will go out, it will not deter me from going out.

Michelle (Oz)
10-02-2007, 11:49 AM
You have hopefully got the message, we men basically don't pass as females. Blending is easier and "sexy" is not the best way of blending. As you go out more you will grow in confidence and realise that passing is not necessary.

I also found that less makeup is better although my 5 o'clock shadow which comes at midday demands some makeup. Go to a MAC store and ask their advice.

Michelle (Oz)

charllote34
10-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Not looking good is one of the reasons that I haven't been out dressed before but I've decided 'enough is enough'.
I went out yesterday and bought a ton of make-up and have today off work to practice. My early attempts make me look like a clown but I'm determined to get it right and make it out someday

Trust me christi its all trial and error , Like anything else in life practice makes perfect .It just costs a fortune in foundation thats all!!!!!:heehee:

MJ
10-02-2007, 01:01 PM
the key is to look as good as you can then relax and enjoy it---when you get to the point when you don't care whether you "pass" or not( and I don't care what anybody says, its very very rare for most of us to pass all the time), that's when you start "passing" the most.

way to go Ms Janessa

Ms Janessa is so right , i was all bent up in looking just perfect but over the last two years i just go out being me very little makeup simple top and my jeans "sorry karren " and runners ... and because i am relaxed i can enjoy my trip out and nobody says anything and i don't get the look .. and to be honest i don't pass ... but i don't care nor do the people around me thats when i feel the best

tommi
10-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Working in a retail store for home repair I see women looking their best and worst and you know it just comes down to what we really want out of it.:hugs: