PDA

View Full Version : My friend the CD? I just had to laugh...

Cristi
10-01-2007, 01:18 PM
So a few days ago I was hanging out with some of my friends when one of the guys was filling us in on what he'd been up to. His anniversary had just passed, and as a treat for his wife he'd gone all out to make it a special night for her.

In addition to making a reservation at a very fancy local restaurant, he went a step further and bought his wife a really nice dress she'd pointed out to him a few times while shopping.

The fun thing is that he and his wife ARE about the same height and build. So when telling the SA that he was buying the dress for his wife, she asked him if he knew her size. "She's about my height" he told her. She then asked him about her build. "She's about my weight also". So she very nicely helped him pick out the right size and even held a few different sizes up next to him to check the length.

He also bought her a pair of black pantyhose at the same time, since she didn't dress up very often and he wasn't sure if she even had any to wear with the dress.

It wasn't until he was leaving the store, as he tells that story, that a lightbulb went on in his head and he realized "Oh my God, she probably thought I was buying this stuff for myself!"

I would have LOVED to have been there if she had asked "Would you like to try it on?", assuming it WAS for him. :heehee:

Dixie
10-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Now that's funny!:heehee:

SherriePall
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM
See, it was the truth I told that SA the outfit was for my wife. Well, maybe, if she is good to me she can wear it sometime.
Cristi -- your poor friend must be beside himself now.

Ruth
10-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Great story Cristi. And a pointer to our more bashful sisters that you CAN just go into stores and buy lady things and the sky won't fall.

RobertaFermina
10-01-2007, 03:18 PM
So you are sure the outfit wasn't for him ? Maybe "half" a fish-story?

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Michelle04240
10-01-2007, 04:44 PM
See, now all of you that have trouble shopping just do it for the wife....after all she IS about your size.

Funny story.

angelfire
10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
thats classic.

AmberTG
10-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I could never get away with that when I was married, all the locals knew my ex-wife and she was bigger than me!:heehee:

I have to wonder what your friend is thinking now, if he's freaking out about it, or if it doesn't bother him, or possibly that third possibility!

jjjjohanne
10-01-2007, 07:20 PM
The first time I bought a dress (and etc.), it was for my SO. I knew all the sizes for all of the parts that I bought. His story seems fishy. When I was more shy, I might have considered doing what he did to see how SAs react. Test the waters, perhaps. In telling the story, I would be testing the waters with my friends and seeing if they have their own stories. Stuff like that can give you an opening to talk girls' clothes with the girls and not be out. Maybe he is "in."

Joe

Cristi
10-01-2007, 07:38 PM
I have to wonder what your friend is thinking now, if he's freaking out about it, or if it doesn't bother him, or possibly that third possibility!

He is a cool enough guy (and secure enough) that it was never an 'issue', just a story to have a laugh about. I guess I'll never know if he is really a CD, we're not close enough that I can bring it up.

Stuff like that can give you an opening to talk girls' clothes with the girls and not be out. Maybe he is "in."

I think it would be a big risk with this guy. If he was, fine... but if not, I don't think the coversation would remain private for long. :( OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised if he and his wife have a bit of fun with it in the bedroom... they seem like the 'adventurous' type. :)

I think one difference with what he did was that he WAS buying it for his wife, so wasn't nervous. His body language was probably relaxed and casual enough that the SA actually probably never suspected anything. It is only us, who get so nervous we look like a fish out of water, that get 'read' by the SAs 10 seconds after we get through the door, even when we are in drab!!

Deidra Cowen
10-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Thats a very neat story sweetie I enjoyed reading it.

AmberTG
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey Cristi, I'm just wondering, have you ever met his wife? That would verify the story if you know how big she is.

Cristi
10-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey Cristi, I'm just wondering, have you ever met his wife? That would verify the story if you know how big she is.

yeah, I actually know her well. We (me, my wife and the two of them plus a few other couples) have socialized a bit. The story holds up 'cause she IS almost exactly the same size as him. I could easily see him being able to fit into most of the things in her side of the closet.

But, like my wife, she is mostly a 'jeans and sweatshirts' type of girl, so if he IS a CD, he probably has a better wardrobe than she does!

docrobbysherry
10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Well after I was divorced, I used to wear my wedding ring when shopping for ladies gear. After a couple of years of shopping, I noticed no clerk EVER looked at it. It's been off ever since.

Veronica 1
10-01-2007, 10:44 PM
I went to a shop to buy my first baby doll set and told the SA that it was for my wife, but more for me. She giggled and said that line was so common. When she asked what size she was, I replied that she was a 36C cup but was not sure of the other measurements as I did not know womans sizes but that she was just about the same build as me. I noticed that her eyes had an immediate sparkle to them and I knew that I had been read. Nothing more was said about it but for the freudian slip of this will look good on you, er, her. She gave me great advice and service and I will shop there again, but I do not think that the wife story will fly a second time.