PDA

View Full Version : Anger What Ta Do With It

JOEY88
10-01-2007, 11:09 PM
um what are some laddie like ways to express my anger

docrobbysherry
10-01-2007, 11:26 PM
This may not be a subject for a CD site, Joey. But, I had a bad temper up until I was about 35. By then, I had acheived some personal and financial success. Suddenly, I had no reason to be angry any more. I would have made a terrible husband and/or dad before then. I knew it and didn't try. I got married after 45 and had my daughter after 50. I tried to be a good husband and think I am a good dad. For u, I would recommend some sport or physical activity as an outlet. And don't go out dressed unless you r very mellow. Maybe some other members have better suggestions for u.

battybattybats
10-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Hmm.. maybe it is quite appropriate for this site. We are one of the most oppressed, least tolerated groups in the world.. we frequently risk losing our loved ones our jobs... it makes sense for us to have a huge load of anger.

My suggestion: Fight! Not with your fists mind you, but for your rights. If you are oppressed speak out. Get political. Write to your local representative. Express your anger by being proud of who and what you are.

If your anger is less controllable or comes from reactions other than to oppression then I would get anger management counselling.

Another option is precision. There is nothing like cutting through the cloudy emotions of temper like something that requires precision but that isn't frustrating.. I suggest Tai Chi (only the slow forms). You have to move slowly, you have to breathe with the movement not against it, you have to stop thinking about your problems and concentrate on balance. It's also very healthy for you. It makes you stronger, faster, lighter on your feet and most importantly it's calming.

sterling12
10-02-2007, 02:47 AM
I think Joey wants some specific, acceptable, ladylike, ways to express anger. So, you have never aggravated a woman or girl, and seen what happens?

OK, try crying in frustration. Stamping your feet. Gnashing your teeth against the back of your hand. The infamous "look of death." "flouncing," out of the room. And last, but certainly not least, "The Silent Treatment!"

All of these actions are a good starting point, but of course the range is almost infinite. My male half has done a real good job in getting women to do all of the above, and a lot more.

Peace and Love, Joanie

angelfire
10-02-2007, 06:01 AM
I used to be a very, very angry person a few years ago. I was stuck in a shitty job, making shitty wages, and hating it every day. The anger built up quickly, and I had no release for it, and eventually, I would just snap and lose it. Only once did I ever get physical with my anger, and to this day, I believe the person deserved it.

I even had my anger get so bad at work one day, I was blinded by rage. I couldn't see properly, or think clearly, and my mind was totally consumed. I ended up turning to marijuana to calm me down, and it worked. I quit a few months after when my parents caught me, and I haven't really been angry since. I have the odd day where I start it get angry, but it never gets as bad as it used to. I have started to smoke again, but because I didn't quit for myself, I quit for my parents. Now I am old enough to make my own choices, and I choose to do it, but very sparingly.

But recently, basically since I started college (over 2 years ago, I'm graduated now), it changed me. I made more friends, had more fun. Eventually, it just kind of faded. Yesterday for example was an AWFUL day. I was getting angry, but I just told myself "Anger will solve nothing. This is just bad luck, no one's fault." so I just brushed it all off.

Physical activity is a good outlet. Perhaps taking up a martial art or something. Also get you into great shape (if you aren't already)

TxKimberly
10-02-2007, 07:16 AM

Well, my personal favorite is to bottle it up and hold on to it for a few years, and then explode on some poor and unsuspecting individual that just happens to a$$ me up at the wrong time. Think PMS on steroids :-)

OK, so that sentance was part of my real answer - humor. Hurt, anger, what ever, the best way to get through it is wtih humor. If you can laugh at yourself and your situation you WILL be all right. If you take everything so seriously and can not laugh about it, your going to be in trouble.

Suzy Harrison
10-02-2007, 08:34 AM
It takes a lot for me to get upset anyway so I don't suffer from anger much at all. Maybe I've been lucky in life but I haven't ever really been in a position when I felt angry. That's not to say I don't get the usual problems like people cutting in front of me when I'm driving to work - but I don't let it bother me.

Life is too short to feel angry all the time and it's very tiring !

I think if you often feel anger you need to think about 'why' you feel that way rather than how you're going to express that anger

DonnaT
10-02-2007, 08:44 AM
What are you angry about?

Situations differ, responses differ.

I rearely get angry when enfemme, and actually don't remember doing so.

MJ
10-02-2007, 10:32 AM
simple i cry . works for me :hugs:

Melinda G
10-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Scream, cry, and my favorite, break china!:D

You have to learn how to break china. It's in chapter three of my book, "How To Be A Chick". :D

Oh, and never admit you're wrong.:rolleyes:

Deborah Jane
10-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Cry, sulk and make them feel guilty! If you want to be really angry, slap them around the face.....Be prepared..this could backfire on you!! My ex did this to me and instead of retaliating i walked out for two days!!

Sharon
10-02-2007, 01:18 PM
When I'm angry, I tend to write it down. It serves as a great tension release for me. Until I manage to put my feelings into written words, however, I do my best to bite my tongue and stay away from fragile objects. The times I have failed to do this, I always seem to regret whatever action I took. Lots of embarrassed apologies have been uttered because I reacted in haste.

If I am still angry after writing about it, I deal with the cause of the emotions directly. That proves to me that it is something worthwhile.

Daintre
10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I deal with anger two ways, if it is a battle with a sister, I will go quiet, collect my thoughts and try to stay calm when I go at it with them. Anyone else, I am a bit to hasty and usually end up saying things that I should have not said.

Billijo49504
10-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I cuss em' out like a drill sargent...BJ

charllote34
10-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Thats not easy to answer because individuals male or female display and react in differant ways , although i do see your point think its one for our transexual friends to answer or GG,s

Joy Carter
10-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Well you can spend you whole life being :angry:. Or do something positive about. I'd look at what makes you angry. Is it others actions ? That is the easiest one. just realise you can't control what they may say or do. So it's up to you to lean how to react, to their "what ever" that makes you mad.
Or just consider that they are messing with you.

Next would be your personal reasons. Are you frustrated ? Not happy with your situation ? That's up to you. Job, living situation ?
Your young yet, these things take time.

I'll admit I was in my thirties before I learned to take the world as it comes. I still get testie when things don't go right. But I get better every day.

Audrey34
10-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Angry? Tell me about it. When I'm angry I don't dress up. I usually end up venting a lot with my therapist or with the few sympathetic friends who know I'm a cd. Or I'll find a nice secluded spot somewhere and scream at the top of my lungs or punch a wall in frustration. Gotta admit, screaming is the less painful option.
-Audrey

angelfire
10-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Or I'll find a nice secluded spot somewhere and scream at the top of my lungs or punch a wall in frustration. Gotta admit, screaming is the less painful option.

Yea, my friend punched a bus shelter once when he was angry. Broke his hand. Another acquaintance in highschool I knew did the same thing, except instead of breaking his hand, be broke the glass bus shelter and it cut his hand to pieces. Not fun.

MsJanessa
10-03-2007, 06:31 AM
I have a TS friend, Jennifer, who regularly vents her anger by tirades---A few months ago she was really angry at me, called me up and proceeded to chew me out---when I tried to interupt with a defense, she said "No, no---let me vent, I'll be ok in a bit" after about 30 minutes she calmed down and was fine---she has always been like that and all her friends know that when she gets going the best thing to do is nothing---its like a tsunami---you can't stop it and it will eventually end---I am not suggesting you do that to vent your anger---Jennifer somtimes alienates people with her tirades---but am suggesting there are things you can do---don't really have an anger problem myself--but would like to know what makes you angry--then maybe I could give some suggestions on how to handle it---I've noticed the older I get the easier it is to control both my temper and my tongue.

JudeGG
10-03-2007, 06:36 AM

Why do you have to find a lady-like way to express it - why can't you just be angry as the person you are already?