PDA

View Full Version : Busted by ID ?

KateSpade83
10-02-2007, 05:04 PM
How many of you shop in full drag and pass well? - Then when you pay something by credit card they ask for your Driver's License and then you get busted as a man in drag... - What usually happens? This hasn't happened to me yet but it eventually can happen. Stories of every event welcome!

jaina
10-02-2007, 05:17 PM
You hand them your ID, and buy stuff.

I had a funny time at a checkout with a friend. I didn't have cash and used a CC instead of a debit card so they needed ID. Handed her my ID and she looked at my friend and asked "Is this your ID?" He said "No, its his".

That was years Ive since had a new ID picture taken at the DMV. Many states require ID for any alchohol purchase at a bar, store or liquor store. The computer needs your birthdate punched in. I need a passport more now. Its not big deal really.

joann07
10-02-2007, 05:26 PM
I've used my credit card many times and, at certain time times, I've been asked to present my ID. Whenever I do, I have no problems whatsoever.

Jillm
10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
I’ve thought about that in the past. I always take cash to avoid that.

SandyR
10-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I always pay cash when shopping as Sandy.

SandyR

Eileen
10-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Kate check with your DMV. Many states will issue a non drivers license picture ID with your female picture and your male information. I have used mine many times with not problem.

Eileen

LynnInDenver
10-02-2007, 07:11 PM
I haven't been out to get caught, but I do intend on carrying enough cash to do things... or at least go places I can access my bank's ATM network easily.

With that said, I've been curious as to how much work it would be to get my credit card set up so 'Lynn' is an authorized user.

Jodi
10-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I have been asked for photo ID a number of times when shopping en femme and using my credit card. My response is to just give them a big grin when they look at me. I have discovered that in most of the cases of asking for ID, the SA suspected that I was a cd and just wanted to satisfy their own curiosity.

I just show my male ID when asked and complete my purchase. Have never had a problem.

Jodi

Billijo49504
10-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Today I used 3 checks, was asked for ID once, and used the dredit card twice and wasn't asked and used the Lane Bryant card once and also the Victoria's Secret card once. Both of those places, it was thank you maam...BJ

Sugar01
10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Just pay cash in those situations. End of problem.

windycissy
10-02-2007, 09:05 PM
If you don't want to carry around a lot of cash, use your credit card to buy a Visa gift card, which you can use like a credit card anywhere, and also to buy stuff on line.

Lori SC
10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
I have a couple of credit cards with my name on them (Lori). Most times now you just scan the cards through the reader.

When I do have to hand them the actual card, only once was I asked for ID (it was before christmas when they seem to be more security consious). I took out my male drivers license and a credit card with my male name on it - no problem.

Just call your credit card company and ask for a credit card with another name on it - tell 'em it's for your GF, wife or daughter if you need an excuse.

It's definitely more convenient than cash.

Hugs, Lori

KateSpade83
10-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't have a credit card name problem, as my real name - Jesse - goes both ways as a guy or girl. But I don't want to carry too much cash. What I have in my wallet today was around $240 cash. But that's because I'm gonna take a long road trip back to Houston from Chicago (mom's place).

Every time I shopped in drag they treated me like a woman except once when my voice slipped.

RobertaFermina
10-02-2007, 09:35 PM
I walk out the door assuming "I'm Busted!", and simply live it up as no big deal.

I must admit, in the SF Bay Area IT IS no big deal.

Since I'm not trying to conceal anything, I don't hide my joy and pleasure in "just being" while I'm out and about EnFemme.

I wonder if the anxiety of concealing male identity is worth giving up the joy of presenting ones true, however complex, blend of feminine and masculine identities ?

:rose: Roberta :rose:

jaina
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
why hide?

KimberlyS
10-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Kate, I agree with Jaina:

You hand them your ID, and buy stuff.

I have yet to have a problem and using my male CC's with my male ID while in full femme. And my CC's have "See ID" on the back of them so they usually ask for my ID.

At the more self serve department stores, Target, Wallymart, KMart, Shopko, like stores I actually find that many of the clerks are so into their jobs they really do not see I am a guy until I hand them my CC or cash. They see me and make small talk, but they are busy doing their job of scanning the merchandise and bagging it. Some seem to be afraid to ask for ID and do not, even though it says "See ID" on the back when they realize I am a guy in femme clothes. At Victoria Secret I got their Angel CC with my male ID while in full femme. And recently shopping in full femme at Sears they were running a special 10 percent off if I put it on my Sears card. So I dug it out and the card happened to be expired. Rats the new ones are at home I said. She said no problem, if I had an ID she could check if I had been issued new cards and could still put it on them. She did give me the questioning smile followed by a grin. And later when I went by her again to leave she gave me a hardy "Have a good night" and the smiling grin.

The best, or I would say the most interesting reaction I ever had was one night while shopping at a Target store and one of the first times I used my male CD and ID while enfemme. I stopped to pick up a few things, and then ended getting more than I had planned so I did not want to use my cash as I was meeting someone later. I stepped up to the lane just as the clerk was finishing the previous customer and had set my things on the belt. She finished with the previous customer then turned and looked at me, said hello and got right to doing her job very efficiently. She gave me the total and finished bagging my items. I was then ready when she looked up for payment and handed her my card. She ran the card and was a good clerk and check the back for the signature, "See ID". She glanced my way and asked to see my ID, and finished getting the slip for me to sign. When she turned back I had my ID ready and handed it to her. She took it and set down the slip for me to sign which I did and she took it to compare the signature to my ID. Then........ She looked at my ID, quickly looked at my card, quickly looked up at me, quickly looked back at my ID a bit longer, quickly looked back at me and stared briefly and they got the yea this is him look, looked back at my ID, then the slip I had signed and then at my CC. She then slowly handed me back my ID and CC with my copy of the receipt with this look of confusion like she wanted to ask me a question, but she said Thank You as she handed them to me. Then she kind of fumbled as she picked up my bag of purchases as she was kind of trying to look at me while picking it up. She handed the bag to me saying something like thank you for shopping with us, still with the same staring look on her face like a question was going to come out but couldn't. I smiled and told her to have a good night turned and walked out at a normal pace as of course I was wearing heels. I still wonder how long she watched and stared as I walked off. I think I was her first CDer. :heehee:

Cristi
10-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Only once have I had to show my license as an ID while shopping dressed (it was because I had forgotten to sign the back of the credit card).

I was buying a half dozen pair of panties and a nice blouse at J.C. Pennys. The SA ringing up the sale glanced at the license and handed it back to me. Her ONLY comment was 'This is such a nice color!' as she folded the blouse to put it in the shopping bag. :)

Glenda58
10-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Happens all the time. I wait to see the look on thier face then smile and give them a wink. Since I'm buying something they don't want to lose the sell they don't say a thing.

Lisa Renee
10-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Even though i usualy use my debit card for purchases while dressed, i have had to use my credit card twice, and both times i had to give my male ID and neither time was I given a second look. They do want your money so really not much of a problem.

Joanie B
10-03-2007, 01:03 AM
I have several Credit cards in my femme name for dept. stores. However, some asked for a SS number, including most bank cards like VISA,so I didn't get that one.

If you use a Debit card on a swipe terminal, they usually don't ask for ID. However, if you have to hand it to them, sometimes they will ID you...So I try to avoid those situations.

Also, some grocery stores and some Dept stores now have self service check out. Then you don't need to deal with a real person....again unless the amount is over $50. So I use that a lot with a debit card.

However, on a few occasions I have used my male credit card while en femme. I have sometimes been asked for ID. While I hate to "out" myself that way, I have never been refused nor has anyone made a stink about it.

My $.02

Joanie B.

noname
10-03-2007, 01:11 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. It's called, it's their problem, not yours. The other day I was checking out a few movies and the counter girl was new. I'm certain she knew I was a guy but asked for id. So I present my drivers license, the pic with my head practically shaved. She jerked her head back in look of shock. Yeah, I know, I don't exactly look the same. She was like, uhh yeah no kidding. Really why worry about? Do you really need the approval of a store clerk?

My Lady Marsea
10-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Kate check with your DMV. Many states will issue a non drivers license picture ID with your female picture and your male information. I have used mine many times with not problem.

Eileen
Eileen, I didn't know that. See Girls we can all learn here. Ain't it nice to "come home" for info LOL.:thumbsup:

I haven't been out to get caught, but I do intend on carrying enough cash to do things... or at least go places I can access my bank's ATM network easily.

With that said, I've been curious as to how much work it would be to get my credit card set up so 'Lynn' is an authorized user.
Lynn, No real work at all. Call you card company, do all you ID stuff as required so they know it's you, tell them you want a card for your "daughter" Lynn, about 2-3 days later it's in your hands, call the 800 # to activate and it's a done deal Girl. Still won't help with ID though although having the same last name got me over the hump and theres a rush signing your self given girl name.:heehee:

For myself, since I've gone 7/24 and don't care who knows I have legally changed my name and all ID, including those with pics of Marsea.:D