PDA

View Full Version : Ever tell yourself you gotta stop?

KateSpade83
10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Every time I go to the mall, it's always women's clothes that I'm looking at, and I rarely buy mens clothes for myself. I have more women's clothes for myself than mens! I don't have a good man's suit but I got over 60+ skirt suits! Severals dresses, pant suits, cheerleader outfits, and school girl clothes. Wish I had good goth gear but I rarely see anything goth that I like. Well, most of my clothes are packed away at my mom's house while I have my best with me in my apartment. But then I say to myself, - shouldn't I be happy with what I already got? It's like I'm addicted to women's clothes. Every day I browse ebay for it too. So now I tell myself, I gotta stop buying stuff but nicer thing always keep popping up everywhere. Do you think you have a clothes addiction that has to stop too?

Adrienne Heels
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Kate, I can't stop shopping either! The other night, I had to go to the mall to buy a yucky guy's suit, but also managed to find time to shop for some femme items!

docrobbysherry
10-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Just today, I found myself near the Goodwill outlet store that is my favorite women's store. But, like u, I have a entire spare room crammed full of just womens clothes and gear. Every time I spend a few minutes in there, I find something cool I haven't worn in a long time, or not at all! I resisted the urge to shop today, but for how long???

krisinpink
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I say the same to myself all the time!

Heck, even this evening, I bought a jacket, top, and jewlery!
I cruise Ebay all the time, and LOVE Goodwill!

My closet is hell to get drab clothes out of for work because the dresses and blouses are crowding everything out.

I too find things I've forgotten I have, and enjoy putting them on again, but the thrill and fun of shopping is just TOO FUN!

(I'm afraid to count how many pairs of shoes I have)

docrobbysherry
10-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Or wigs? Me, too!

I say the same to myself all the time!

Heck, even this evening, I bought a jacket, top, and jewlery!
I cruise Ebay all the time, and LOVE Goodwill!

My closet is hell to get drab clothes out of for work because the dresses and blouses are crowding everything out.

I too find things I've forgotten I have, and enjoy putting them on again, but the thrill and fun of shopping is just TOO FUN!

(I'm afraid to count how many pairs of shoes I have)

annekathleen
10-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Yes, all the time!
In my closet , there are 5 full totes of bras, panties, and shoes.
I have a duffle bag full of older panties.
I have panties and breast forms hidden in one of my dresser drawers.
I have more panties hidden under a drawer full of tank tops.
My cedar chest has more shoes, high heels, sweaters, tops.etc
My spare closet has at least 16 pair of jeans, several dresses, slips,
and two more huge totes full of sweaters, tops, shirts, skirts, capris, slacks, etc...
And I still check out E-Bay on a daily basis in search of more stuff!

RobertaFermina
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Stop? When? Why?

How much JOY is too much ?

Beats Me !?

OK, if I can't afford to eat....and starve down to a size 11...down to the bone....THEN I'll stop....gotta eat ya know ! :heehee:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Jocelyn Quivers
10-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Nice to know I'm not the only one like this. It's to the point now where I have removed half of what's left of the male clothes in my closet to make more room for my femme clothes.

BarbaraTalbot
10-02-2007, 11:09 PM
stress I guess. not feeling very Barbara today.

Objectively, I go nowhere en femme to speak of, so I need no wardrobe. Yet I was obsessively filling perceived holes in the wardrobe.

I have been trying to consciously change this. I have found male clothes to be enthusiastic about. Sunday I wore a Merrino Wool, Cerrutti jacket, a Gucci tie and some women's slacks, $3 for the whole ensemble.

Today I didn't really look for femme clothes. I had pre-run the store earlier and grabbed the two male, one female jackets I had planned, found two dresses but almost put them back at $1 apiece because I just couldn't see the point of putting them in my closet. Dee found me a cute pink skirt that is maybe a Chanel knock-off. She also found me a long brown raw silk skirt. That was nice because i was about her thinking about me, but I almost could have left empty handed on dollar day!!

Of course I got a flu shot yesterday, maybe I am running a fever! :)

Cheryl J
10-03-2007, 02:34 AM
Do you think you have a clothes addiction that has to stop too?

NO!

Lol

Yvonne

angelfire
10-03-2007, 05:56 AM
Objectively, I go nowhere en femme to speak of, so I need no wardrobe. Yet I was obsessively filling perceived holes in the wardrobe.

Exact same as me. I keep saying the reason I don't go out is because I have holes in my wardrobe. Sometimes I buy things I don't even really want or need, and barely like. I have about 3 skirts that I was too wussy to try on, so they don't fit, they are about 2 sizes too small, and I keep telling myself "I'll get there". Bought a long black skirt that I dislike, so I only wore it once, and don't think I will ever again.

I at least have SOME control. I mean, yesterday I went to la Senza (they had 3 in the mall, which was weird. La Senza, La Senza Express, and La Senza Girl), and saw a really cute babydoll top I wanted, and I almost grabbed it, but realized I was already spending nearly 50$ with the tank top and panties I was buying. I had to say no :sad:

Emma England
10-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Why would you want to stop?

Shopping for clothes is fun!

The only thing that stops me is limited money.

Syndi
10-03-2007, 03:05 PM
I have been there and it is bad for me because i am still in the closet.Before you know it I will be shouting"NO<WAIT! DON"T OPEN THAT DOOR!!!!" and a tidal wave of clothes will fall out.

Linda C
10-03-2007, 03:11 PM
OH yes - but I bought boots today because I forgot to listen to myself again... Hold on... what's that? Press the button? O.K. :devil:

angelfire
10-03-2007, 05:29 PM
My women's clothing is starting to take over my room. I have 2 full drawers PACKED. One with just skirts & jeans, and one with everything else. Then I have my wig and make-up, and shoes scattered in various places.

Bernadina
10-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Don't think I could stand the withdrawal symptoms.

jjjjohanne
10-04-2007, 06:04 AM
There was a period where I started shopping and buying stuff. I don't want to have a very large wardrobe of femme items. I finally resolved to replace clothes when I shop. If I have stuff I don't want to get rid of, then I probably won't buy something new. That has kept me down to only a few pairs of shoes and a few outfits. Definitely, this is plenty of clothes for me!

Joe

Lovely Rita
10-04-2007, 06:31 AM
It goes with the territory and it is one of our many struggles. Just can't seem to get enough.
Maybe we can form a support group in which we help each other stop or slow down whatever things we are struggling with.

Karren H
10-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Everything in life is a balancing act... Crossdressing is no different.. I was watching a few episodes of "Clean House" last night and its unbelievable the number of people that are obsessed with collecting stuff!! That they don't need, or use or will ever use... So much stuff that it ruins their quality of life... Imho... Its disturbing to me at least..

And I admit that I have had my bouts of obsessiveness.. But that's changed.. I still love to shop for women's clothing... I just don't buy... Shopping can be an experience in it self.. And trying the clothes on in the store is always fun... So why would I want to own all those clothes when they will let me try them on any time I want? Free!! Let them store them in the store!! Even take a few photos in the dressing room!! How cost efective is that? Lol

I have a handful of bras. Panties.. Dresses and skirts...... Not many of anything..... I still love to collect clip-on earrings as I do old mining stock certificates but I'm selective.. Not buying just to buy..

You make choices in this world and if clothing is your only passion in life than so be it.. Its not mine!! I actually chose to buy a new hockey stick over a new skirt last week.. Should have chosen the skirt because the F...ing stick hasn't helped me score at all!! But doubt if ths skirt would have either.. Hehehe. Oh well.....

Karren

susie evans
10-04-2007, 08:55 AM
i go with rita and karren both life is a balencing act and some times we just have to stop and regroupe :hugs:

susie

tommi
10-04-2007, 10:16 AM
It can be addictive for sure because it makes me feel so nice to wear soft fem
clothes.

jenny53
10-04-2007, 02:54 PM
i enjoy the shopping as much as the dressing. i do not drees all the way but have several pairs of panties and bras. i have given all my things away several times but always end up buying another set lol

Angie G
10-04-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't but my wife yhinks I do :hugs:
Angie