PDA

View Full Version : You've All Bee Waiting For It, Now Here It Is...I'm Going to Tell My Sister!

Valerie Nicole
10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
That's right, guys, gals and everyone in between, the time has finally come. Many of you have offered support and encouragement over the last several months as I have grappled with this issue over and over again. Now, I have finally reached my decision. I'm ready to tell her, and I think she's ready to know.

To those of you who don't know, my sister is 3 years older than me (she's 23). I've often wondered whether or not I should tell her, for various reasons including her obvious stereotyping and what sometimes appeared to me as intolerance. Now, however, I think if I tell her, I will be safe. For one thing, she doesn't live at home anymore, so even if there is a negative reaction, it will only be for the weekend.

She is coming home this Friday at around 9 PM. I have already asked her not to make any plans so she and I can hang out (we've gotten close like that recently). I plan to tell her about this part of myself, and, of course, ask her not to repeat it. My mom has already suggested to me that I omit (and deny, if necessary) the fact that I have borrowed my sister's clothes over the years. I think this is a good idea, even if my sister doesn't believe it completely, she can at least have some doubt and that will be enough for her to feel comfortable.

If anyone knows of any resources I can refer her to, please let me know. I really see this as an opportunity for her to get to know me in a way she never has before, and I want to make sure she gets the right idea.

Well, that's it. I will, of course, update you all once this conversation has taken place. Once again, thank you all for your suggestions and encouragement so far. I look forward to your reactions and any advice you can give on how I might approach this whole situation.

Miss Petra
10-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Valerie,

Good luck telling the ones you love. Im out to everyone who loves me wife,family & friends.

I like this site alot.

http://cdsecretgarden.femmegetaway.com/

look at cd info first but read everything. The polls & surveys are really eye opening.

Hugz,

Petra

Suzie S.
10-03-2007, 05:43 AM
Valerie, I wish you well in your decision to tell your sister. I know that you did not arrive at this decision easily, you have been unsure of what to do for quite a while. I hope everything goes well on Friday, and please let us know how it all went. Sending you :hugs: and best wishes!

trannie T
10-03-2007, 06:37 AM
I'm willing to bet that she already knows you've been into her closet. I'm also willing to bet that everything goes well.

carolinewalker_2000
10-03-2007, 06:39 AM
Good luck; fingers crossed that the conversation goes well!

uknowhoo
10-03-2007, 06:49 AM
:cheer: Good for you Valerie! :cheer:

I'm confident that things will go well with your sister. I'll be thinking about you on Friday night, and look forward to hearing how it went.

xoxo

Tammi

Sheila
10-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Valerie,

will be hoping for the best for you when you tell your sister, ............ you are now officially on mu posative vibes list hun:hugs:

Phyliss
10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
How well I remember telling my sister. Sweaty palms, lump in my throat, heart racing, stomach in knots, and so very scared.
She looked at me for a full five minutes before saying anything. Then she asked if I had any pictures. Showed her what I had at the time. Another five minutes.
Her first comment. "You look lovely" ......The floodgates opened and I spent the next hour pouring my heart out to her.
Full and total acceptance from her... to the point of her wanting to take me shopping, while I was dressed.

Marcie Sexton
10-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Good luck...hopefully all will go well...

angelfire
10-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Valerie, good luck sister! I also say at least not to mention going into her closet. I don't know if I'd say deny it, but then again I'm against lying.

I think everything will go well. It takes a lot of courage, but at the end of the day, she is family, and I'm sure she loves you regardless. Besides, maybe she always wanted a younger sister!

Valerie Nicole
10-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, girls. Though it now appears there is a possibility my sister is not coming home this weekend because she's got work to do or something to hand in or something. :mad:

I'm hoping she does come home because I really want to get this over with. I will, of course, keep you posted.

Gisele
10-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Oh gees o pete.....that has got to suck big time for you! I hope she gets to come home. Wishing you all my best, Beth

Valerie Nicole
10-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Well, she's managed to get whatever she needs done enough. So now she's coming home tonight, just as she planned. My parents have vacated the house and will remain vacated for an hour or two following my sister's arrival. I will capitalize on this time and tell her that I am a crossdresser. I've got a good idea of what I plan to say, and if she needs more information, I'm going to show her the story that CBC did about Professor Gilbert at York University in Toronto (for those of you don't know, he's a philosophy professor who is a rare "out" crossdresser).

Either later tonight or sometime tomorrow I will let you all know what happens tonight.

PS--For those of you who are interested in or believe in such things, I consulted my Tarot Cards about this conversation, and the outcome appears very positive, so I'm not too worried at this point.

ronni
10-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I told my little sister and she doesn't care cause she's pretty cool but my older sister is kinda prude and would never understand

The great thing about telling my sister is that I can ask her about my choice of style and her opinions as a real girl mean more to me than any of my imaginary conceptions

MJ
10-05-2007, 08:46 PM
i wish you all the best .tonight is the night i will be looking forward to hearing the result . good luck

Valerie Nicole
10-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Well, everything's okay people! I told her, and if anything, she was less surprised than when I came out to my parents. :eek:

To think of all the weeks and months I spent worrying about this and how easy it was to talk to her about it tonight. She did tell me that she's "not ready to see it yet" but other than that, no worries. I hope she may be ready some day because out of everyone in my family, I think it would be easiest for her to see me.

BarbaraTalbot
10-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I am really glad you have your freedom within your family and that they are so supportive!

Holly
10-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Cool beans, Valerie. See? All that worry for nothing. Now, let the relationship with Valerie and your sister continue at it's own pace. Believe it or not, most difficulties come when we press to hard and too fast. Take it easy and enjoy the ride.

Khriss
10-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Holly is so Wize !!! hehe
I'd admitt that my fears of rejection ...keep me from a much more free and happy life...perhaps ? Glad it worked out, Valerie Nicole :happy:xx"K"

Kris
10-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Well, everything's okay people! I told her, and if anything, she was less surprised than when I came out to my parents. :eek:

To think of all the weeks and months I spent worrying about this and how easy it was to talk to her about it tonight. She did tell me that she's "not ready to see it yet" but other than that, no worries. I hope she may be ready some day because out of everyone in my family, I think it would be easiest for her to see me.

Congratulations Valerie..

Sometimes fear of death is worse than death itself...

I think it is anyway!

:hugs: Kris

Gisele
10-06-2007, 06:36 AM
I am happy that she got to come over and you two had your time together. It must be a huge burden off of your chest.

:hugs:Beth

Girly Sara
10-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Awww, that's great Valerie! It can only get easier from this point onwards.

Well done!

Sara xxx

Jocelyn Quivers
10-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Glad everything worked out for you. My sister was the very first person I told as well. I know you probably feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off your shoulders. Jocelyn

Andrea's Lynne
10-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Valerie

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.

Mitch23
10-06-2007, 10:23 AM
thanks for sharing your story - a great inspiration to us all - i haven't told my sister yet but will one day

mitch

Shelly Preston
10-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Its great to hear it all went well :hugs:

Veronica 1
10-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Is it not great to get that out of your bra. She may not be ready to see you yet, but if she surprises you one day in the future now, at least she will be more understanding. Take it slow and keep a positive attitude and she will be supportive in the future.

SarahLynn
10-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Holly is so Wize !!! hehe
I'd admitt that my fears of rejection ...keep me from a much more free and happy life...perhaps ? Glad it worked out, Valerie Nicole :happy:xx"K"

Khriss from your avaitar you would not be rejected in my world nor by any of my family. Dad might want to pinch/squeeze your bum, :eek::eek: but that is all.

SarahLynn