PDA

View Full Version : Wearing antiperspirant and adhesive forms

Sally2005
10-03-2007, 10:52 AM
I've tried wearing attachable forms with adhesive (Elmers Spary Adhesive since the Super 77 was twice the price). I spray the forms and let them dry for 45 minutes and then attach them. They hold in place and pull off okay without leaving much residue and do not irritate my skin.

The problem is when you get sweaty, as I take them off a stream of water pours out from between the forms and I.

The question, has anyone had success using Anti-perspirants on your chest and then using adhesive? Would like to know of any experiences good and bad.

Rita Knight
10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi Sally,
I use silicone breast forms bought from Glamour Boutique. I use Nu-Hope Adhesive to attach them. Before I put them on my chest, I use rubbing alcohol on my chest area. This will help them stay attached. I presume you have gotten rid of most of your chest hair in that area. I would not use antiperspirant there.

Sally2005
10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't have a lot of hair on my chest so that's not a problem. I used alcohol to clean the areas first. The forms do stay attached except sweat/water collects behind them. I would like to give the nuhope a shot, just haven't found out where to buy it in Ottawa yet. Thanks for the response.

Rita Knight
10-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi Sally,
If you are going to try Nu-Hope Adhesive, right now I think you will have to buy it from the company itself. Their website: http://www.nu-hope.com/ Please see my cd.com post at http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67366 There is a problem with their adhesive is it comes in a plastic jar. if you buy it in a store, make sure it is in a glass jar.

annekathleen
10-03-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm still just stuffing the breast forms inside a nice fitting bra, and relying on the bra to hold everything in it's place. I still have a hairy chest and I don't think I can get away with sticking boobs to my chest.:heehee:

tall sam
10-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't have a lot of hair on my chest so that's not a problem. I used alcohol to clean the areas first. The forms do stay attached except sweat/water collects behind them. I would like to give the nuhope a shot, just haven't found out where to buy it in Ottawa yet. Thanks for the response.

Sally,
I have used Holsters adhesive and have had them come partly loose a few times - usually after about 6 hours of wearing them. Every time there are drops of sweat behind the forms and I think this is not helping them stay stuck. As for the antipursparant, I dont think it will work. It puts a thin film over the skin and this will probably cause the forms not to stick properly. If you find a good sulotion please let me know!

Sam

docrobbysherry
10-03-2007, 08:24 PM
U obviously haven't tried wearing skimpy bathing suits and/or see thru items! U R mssing somethings that r really cool! Must have glu-on forms for those to look good. Check out my pics. I think I have some pics of me wearing those things posted. If not, I'll post some tonite! Promise!
myspace.com/robertsherry

I'm still just stuffing the breast forms inside a nice fitting bra, and relying on the bra to hold everything in it's place. I still have a hairy chest and I don't think I can get away with sticking boobs to my chest.:heehee:

tall sam
10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
U obviously haven't tried wearing skimpy bathing suits and/or see thru items! U R mssing somethings that r really cool! Must have glu-on forms for those to look good. Check out my pics. I think I have some pics of me wearing those things posted. If not, I'll post some tonite! Promise!
myspace.com/robertsherry

We wait in anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!!! (couldnt find any pics of you??)

PS what forms do you have?

Wenda
10-03-2007, 11:42 PM
I have self adhesive forms and nuBras, as well as non-stick forms, and have used 3M and medical adhesive (which resulted in a chem burn) and have found that perpsiring is a problem to the point where, if it is profuse enough, the forms will let go. Forms are not absorbant, so the moisture has to accumulate. I doubt there is a reliable and safe way to prevent perspiration behind forms other than limiting your exertion. I enjoy wearing forms under my work shirts when I am doing renovations, but have just given up because sooner or later, one will simply fall off. Ruins the atmosphere. w.

KatieZ
10-04-2007, 07:03 AM
I have an idea that seems logical, but have not tried it so can't say for sure it would work.

What if you ran a strip of masking tape from the bottom of the form up to the middle of the form. Then spray form with adhesive. Then remove the tape. That should leave a weephole for sweat to escape from slowly.

Sally2005
10-04-2007, 07:39 AM
I've been thinking about the alternative, to let the sweat escape also. Masking the glue sounds like a good idea. I think I'll try it. I might also try using some cotton string to create a path for the excape either instead of masking tape to mask the glue or to place on top of the glue and leave in place. I'm not sure if it will really work to hold the forms, but I think it will solve the water build up issue.

Wenda
10-04-2007, 08:04 AM
masking a drainage route might work, or, how about using those little siica gel pacs that come with lenses, binoculars, etc to absorb moisture? The would fit well. Don't know how much moisture they can absorb, but next thime I buy something with those little pacs, I won't just toss them away. w