PDA

View Full Version : Sissy culture

Linda C
10-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Can someone please explain the sissy culture to me? Is it a submissive thing or something else?? Sorry - I guess that I am a little naive.. Just a basic response will work just trying to keep up with the kids . thanx - Linda

angelfire
10-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I usually equate sissy to a submissive CD who enjoys dressing as a little girl would, in things like party dresses and such. They tend to try for "cute" rather than passable or sexy.

eleventhdr
10-03-2007, 05:49 PM
The orgins of being a sissy was to be able to dress as a girl child that is in clothing that little girls would normally wear some forms of it still today are submissive but in general i think it was and is for cd's who want to become litle girls and live life all over again from the start and be little girls to dress as they do in cute clothing and to be either feminine or tomboyish or just perhaps both as some litttle girls are i myself go for both looks I just would rather have been female from the start

Oh well.

I do belong to one such site that is for adult males who wish they were little girls!

Suzy Ann!

CamillaCD
10-03-2007, 05:54 PM
In my head the CD does not need to be submissive. Dressing up in pretty party dresses and looking cute without thinking of passing is what I too associate with being a sissy. I wouldn't mind wearing such a party dress :D, but it would have to be at home or for a special event.

melissacd
10-03-2007, 06:04 PM
I have always disliked the term Sissy because no matter what way you slice it it is a derogatory term. It is suggesting that a male who dresses like a female is less than a man, less than a person, something to be ridiculed and humiliated. I know that wearing certain types of young girlish clothing are also associated with this term, however, all in all I just find the whole thing very demeaning and there is absolutely nothing wrong or demeaning about being a cross dresser.

In my opinion and I could be wrong, it is in the realm of fantasy for those who enjoy being dominated and humiliated. Personally, I would much rather represent the positive, strong qualities of femininity.

Linda C
10-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Thank you for the the great answers - I have been seeing sissy guys more and more on sites like Flickr - I am just trying to understand the origins and the nature I guess - I have trouble trying to figure what I am sometimes too... so a little query into the unknown never hurts... :happy:

docrobbysherry
10-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Nice thread Linda. If ANYONE has all the answers to CDing, I've LOVE to hear that!