PDA

View Full Version : Long curley hair

Diane Shaw
10-03-2007, 09:29 PM
When I was a teenager, some 25 years ago a customer said to that she wished her daugthers hair was like mine long and curley at the time. I did not take offence, although I wished my hair was straight and long at the time. I look back on this time, she was nice in her compliment, i wish I had the hair that I had in those days, dads genetics have left me damn neer bald. nice fro wigs though.

Laurengrl01
10-03-2007, 10:17 PM
^^ Oh Yah, I was the same way... in my teens, my hair was long and so nice and curly. It would make my mother so mad, because she would have to visit the beauty parlor to achieve the same result! BTW, it's NOT our dad's genes; look to your mothers side of the family, the gene is passed from that line... it's our moms fault :heehee
- Lauren

GoSquad
10-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Well I'm twice as old as a 17 year old teen, but I finally grew out my hair It's still wavey, and thick and some still see a mullet still :mad:. My mom and 2 sisters hate it. I have hair longer than my mom and eldest sister, and Im catching up to my youngest sister. But then again Im the one out of 4 siblings (2 boys, 2 girls) who wears skirts the most. Tho now my biggest concern is how to make my hair look nice in male mode that doesnt look explicitly girly.

Dixie
10-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Not true Lauren, in my family the men are bald on my Dad's side and not on my Mom's side, there are no absolutes as some doctors and scientists would have you believe. The ironic thing is my last name is an old english term for bald man so this seems to have always been this way, at least in my family. My mom's father still has all of his hair and is just starting to turn gray and he is pushing 80.:drink:

KatrinaAshley
10-04-2007, 07:42 AM
I know all too well where you're coming from. I wish it was straighter too, but have to be thankful it's still there for now. I've even used that as an excuse when someone asks why I don't cut it. The reply is to try it before it falls out. I know it didn't come from my mom's side, and I've very few women relatives which all happen to keep their hair short.

angelfire
10-04-2007, 07:24 PM
My hair I keep short, because it is so curly, I hate it. I wish it was straight.

Angie G
10-04-2007, 07:37 PM
My hair is down to myshoulder and wavy but not like it was on top it's still there but thinning :hugs:
Angie

renee99
10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
I love having long curly hair. You just have to learn how to take care of it. I just comb it out in the shower with a wide tooth comb, apply Frizzease or Infusium conditioner for dry hair while still wet and then let it air dry from sopping wet to dry without touching or otherwise messing with it.

The most annoying part about curly hair is always finding loose hairs wherever you were sitting.

Laurengrl01
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
BTW, it's NOT our dad's genes; look to your mothers side of the family, the gene is passed from that line... it's our moms fault :heehee
- Lauren

Not true Lauren, in my family the men are bald on my Dad's side and not on my Mom's side, there are no absolutes as some doctors and scientists would have you believe.
Dixie, thanks for causing me to 'update' my research (It's been a long time since my college biology classes); I think we are both somewhat correct; but the jury is still out on this... your comment "no absolutes" is 100% correct. Thanks again. Here's something that's a little more current (than my outdated/failing memory): http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=192

I wonder how many of us that started out with all that hair, now have lost
most of it :(
- Lauren

Oddlee
10-05-2007, 01:27 AM
^^ Oh Yah, I was the same way... in my teens, my hair was long and so nice and curly. It would make my mother so mad, because she would have to visit the beauty parlor to achieve the same result! BTW, it's NOT our dad's genes; look to your mothers side of the family, the gene is passed from that line... it's our moms fault :heehee
- Lauren

My own experience is that my hairline mimics my father's and uncle's (dad's brother), and is nothing like my grandfather's (mother's dad) full head of white hair. Well, what are wigs for, after all?

Lee

Melora
10-05-2007, 02:32 AM
My hair is naturally this way. Women have always wanted my hair as well as my natural long eyelashes. The compliments bugged me when I was younger, but now I UNDERSTAND. I thank my Dad for his geanes. The males on my moms side are mostly bald. :2c:

AmberTG
10-05-2007, 03:53 PM
You want to see curly hair, you should see my son's hair! Holy crap! When he lets it grow out a bit, it starts looking a bit like a 'fro! Unreal! I really don't know where that gene came from, probably his mother's side. He's starting to thin just a bit at the forehead now, he's 29, I don't think he likes that, and I don't blame him! I have some hair on top at age 52, but not a whole lot. Lately, I've been shedding like a dog, not sure what that's about.