PDA

View Full Version : Day of Shopping - A little long

jamiecd636
10-03-2007, 11:40 PM
I have not been shopping for a while.Decided today was the day. I was in drab with panties under my pants. First stop, Fashion Bug. Greeted by SA, she said "just ask if you need help." Picked out Black Cuffed Capris and a print top. Next stop, J Jill. Again greeted by SA, but no other interaction. Picked out a pair of Grey Slacks and a sheer black blouse. At both stores I did not have the courage to ask if I could try on. Next stop, The Avenue. With large feet, shoes are a problems. Had seen the Sara pumps on their website. Walked in found my size paid and walked out. Decided it was lunch time. At lunch I decided that I could not consider it a successful day unless I had the courage to ask if I could try on.

Next stop, NY and Company. Walked in, two SA's talking and folding blouses. Walked over said hello. Told them that I was looking for an outfit that "I" could wear for work, thought to myself "not that I ever would." They said no problem. They asked what I was looking for, we talked a little about pants and capris and size. I then asked if each would pick out two outfits they liked. The went to work each picking out several pairs of slacks and tops.
They asked what shoes I would be wearing. With an arm load of cloths off to the fitting room I went. As I was trying on they
each continued to pass more items into the room. I decided on a pair of black wide leg slacks and a baby doll top. I handed the outfit to one of the SA's. As we were walking to the register, I spotted a skirt that caught my eye. I asked the SA if I could try it on. She said certainly and proceeded to find my size. She picked out another one and a couple of tops. Back to the fitting room. Tired on the first skirt that I liked . It did nothing for me, however the other one was fantastic. Black and White polka dots. Very soft and flowing. Matched it with a black sweater and white cami. When I left the fitting room, the SA had jewelry waiting for each outfit. Told her I decided on the skirt. She showed me how the jewelry would look. Made my purchases, thanked them and walked into the mall.

This ended up being a great day. I walked in asked for help, got great service and was treated with respect. I encourage all of you to give this a try. Get help from the SA's, thats what they are there for.

Jamie

P.S. I did send an email to NY & Company to praise the SA's .

Holly
10-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Jamie, I think you did wonderful. As long as we are courteous and friendly to the SA's we interact with, they will return that treatment in kind. You made a positive impression on behalf of all of us... thank-you.

RachelDenise
10-04-2007, 04:54 AM
OOOOHHHH, shopping! Sounds like a wonderful day!

angelfire
10-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Sounds great! I still don't quite have the guts to do that sort of thing. I can shop for myself, occassionally try stuff on, but I haven't been able to in a women's clothing store. I find at least in a department store, if I get nervous I can perform a tactical retreat to a different section. In a women's store, no such option.

Emma England
10-04-2007, 11:35 AM
You will find that at classy women's stores, the sa's are more friendly than department stores.

Dawn D.
10-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Jamie, that truely is a fantastic day! I am beginning to think that I can have that much confidence as well. So, hopefully a shopping trip is in order soon!

Dawn

CamillaCD
10-04-2007, 03:19 PM
What a wonderful positive story! By acting as if you normally do this, and giving the SAs a "project" to carry out, I think their jobs got a lot more interesting and meaningful. That translates into good service and respect.

Angie G
10-04-2007, 04:25 PM
You go girl I'm working on the nerve to do that hun :hugs:
Angie

Di
10-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Sounds like you had an awesome day:thumbsup:

Rita B
10-04-2007, 06:26 PM
I had some time to kill between runs the other day so I went to a local mall and walked through a Chico's and a Coldwater Creek. At Chico's, the SA asked just once if I needed any help then left me alone which was OK. I went into Coldwater Creek and saw so many things that I knew would fit me and I just fell in love with it all. I was moving from rack to rack trying to match tops with skirts and blazers, etc. . . There was a nice young SA who was really trying to be very helpful.Whenever I picked out a new item and then she would ask the question we all hear when we are shopping in drab,..."Is it for your wife?" I was dying to blurt out , no it's for me. I am a xdresser, but I chickened out. I was very good and I walked out of the store without buying anything because I could have spent a bundle in there. I will go in again and if the items are still there ( they probably won't be) and if I still like them, I may pick up a few things.

RitaB

angelfire
10-04-2007, 07:13 PM
The other day was my first time in La Senza, which would be my first time in a lingerie store, or a store that carries only women's clothing for that matter. It was weird, as there was a La Senza, La Senza Express, and La Senza Girl all in the same mall. I went to La Senza Express, because it looked less busy. Got asked if I needed any help, said "No, I'm good for now." When I got to the cash, she asked if I needed a gift receipt, and I said "No thanks, I'm good." she just wrapped the clothes, put them in a bag, told me no return on the panties, and to have a good day. No problems.