PDA

View Full Version : I Almost Told my Brother...

JazmyneCD
10-04-2007, 12:27 AM
It was a close one :)

I had been off work nearly 3 weeks after having some minor surgery. My wife had gone to work and I was all alone.

So I went to it. I got all made-up, dressed, put on my wig--and then my brother calls. He wanted to know if it would be okay if he came by to visit (since I was supposedly rehabilitating!).

Damn. I could have said "no" but I didn't. So after all that hard work I now needed to take a shower and change. But I was seriously considering staying dressed and simply telling him that the wife knows and she doesn't care.

I would imagine his reaction would have been a little shocked but then accepting. Why? After rummaging through some of his stuff when we still lived together, I think he's also a closet CD. He probably would have felt comfortable as would I.

But alas, I chickened out. And that's really too bad. This would have been a major step in letting others slowly know.

trannie T
10-04-2007, 01:24 AM
It takes a bunch of courage to come out. I came out to my brother this summer, it was made easier by the fact that we see each other once every five years. There will be another time to tell him. Hope your recovery is progressing well.

jjjjohanne
10-04-2007, 05:56 AM
For a couple reasons I have wondered if my brother is a CD. I have never dared ask him. I have thought about talking about CDs around him to see his reaction.

Ashley Lyn
10-04-2007, 12:09 PM
My brother saw me wearing one of my sister's petticoats when we were really young (prior to teen years) and never said anything... He actually seemed to try to help me hide the fact! :happy:

Hmmm.m.m.m...... Makes me wonder, now that I think about it...:rolleyes:

Kris
10-04-2007, 12:31 PM
It was a close one :)

I had been off work nearly 3 weeks after having some minor surgery. My wife had gone to work and I was all alone.

So I went to it. I got all made-up, dressed, put on my wig--and then my brother calls. He wanted to know if it would be okay if he came by to visit (since I was supposedly rehabilitating!).

Damn. I could have said "no" but I didn't. So after all that hard work I now needed to take a shower and change. But I was seriously considering staying dressed and simply telling him that the wife knows and she doesn't care.

I would imagine his reaction would have been a little shocked but then accepting. Why? After rummaging through some of his stuff when we still lived together, I think he's also a closet CD. He probably would have felt comfortable as would I.

But alas, I chickened out. And that's really too bad. This would have been a major step in letting others slowly know.

My son totally freaked out for a few days ... because it was a shock but because he is so open minded he came back and told me that it had nothing to do with cding...... that he could careless.. he said it was shocking but that it doesn't matter.

And I think he is in the closet and is a CDer. He just gets to embarrassed and shy when we discuss it for me to not think there is something to it.

I know it may be hard to tell him.. and I can understand you hesitating but being open has got to be better than always feeling like you are hiding something.

:hugs: Kris

docrobbysherry
10-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Kris, u didn't mention how old your son is. As a CD with a child still at home, I just wondered----.
RS

My son totally freaked out for a few days ... because it was a shock but because he is so open minded he came back and told me that it had nothing to do with cding...... that he could careless.. he said it was shocking but that it doesn't matter.

And I think he is in the closet and is a CDer. He just gets to embarrassed and shy when we discuss it for me to not think there is something to it.

I know it may be hard to tell him.. and I can understand you hesitating but being open has got to be better than always feeling like you are hiding something.

:hugs: Kris

Kris
10-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Kris, u didn't mention how old your son is. As a CD with a child still at home, I just wondered----.
RS

I have a 21 year old son.. he is in the picture of my signature... he is who I believe is a xdresser. I also have an 18 year old son.. and then I have a 7 year old daughter and an 8 year old son.

I'm fertile Myrtle...

Kris

Angie G
10-04-2007, 07:49 PM
If your borther knew you dress an dhe dresses you would have morm to talk about and do together :hugs:
Angie

tommi
10-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Maybe a missed chance but if your close enough you will get another chance goodluck:hugs:

Sinthia
10-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I do not think that just letting him walk up on you while you are dressed is a good idea. It would probably go much smoother if you talk about it first. He might get spooked seeing you like that without knowing, but if he has time to thing about your conversation, it would not be such a shock. How would you feel if you saw your brother making out with another guy when you did not know he was gay?

P.S. When I told four of my five brothers, and one of my two sisters that I crossdress, they all said to do whatever makes me happy. Hopefully you will be treated as nice by your brother.

JazmyneCD
10-06-2007, 01:04 AM
If your borther knew you dress an dhe dresses you would have morm to talk about and do together :hugs:
Angie

You know, I'm pretty sure he does. I've had my suspicions for years as I'm sure he as of me. Maybe someday it'll come up in conversation and we'll tackle it. It could be the best thing that ever happened to either of us!