PDA

View Full Version : A great night in Richmond Va..

MFStoo
10-04-2007, 06:03 PM
OMG!! I finally did it.. Went out to a place solo, dressed en femme, that wasn't a group gathering !!
I finally made it to Z2's in Richmond last night.. Its a local bar on West Broad street. I've been wanting to go there for months..
My outfit consisted of a pair of ladies jeans, a tunic top, 3" black pumps, and my new wig.
I cant believe how nervous I was. I circled the block 3 times before turning into the parking lot. Finally I parked the car, took a deep breath, got out of the car and walked on in. Being a Wednesday night it was a bit slow.
There were mostly gay guys, a couple of GG's and their boyfriends, who were playing darts and pool. I was the only CD there. So I ordered a glass of wine and sat down, sipped the wine and looked around for someone to talk with. First I chatted with the bartender and after a while struck up a conversation with a young lady named Kat, who at the time was teasing and being teased by two of her male friends. I'm so embarrassed that I cant remember their names. She was delightful, a real spitfire.. After chatting with her and teasing one of the guys, others joined in and we had the best time.. It was very clear to me at that point, that a lot of it has to do with how you present yourself. Being outgoing and striking up a conversation changed what could have been a dissapointing night into a great one.. Having lovely people there really helps too. They made me feel so welcome and comfortable that I hated to say goodnight, when they closed the bar at midnight.. This is a place I'll be returning to..and would recommend it to anyone..
I was so nervouse, I forgot my camera.. I'll bring it next time.. to post some photos.
:love:

Gina Louise

S. Lisa Smith
10-04-2007, 07:16 PM
There is actually an active CD community in Richmond. If you go down there often, send me a PM and I'll get you a contact.

Angie G
10-04-2007, 07:28 PM
You go girl :hugs:
Angie

Sally24
10-04-2007, 07:32 PM
There is actually an active CD community in Richmond. If you go down there often, send me a PM and I'll get you a contact.
Wish I had known that when I spent 5 years in the Navy there!

TxKimberly
10-04-2007, 07:57 PM
That's so funny! YOU turned ME onto Z2 but had never gone there yourself? The first time I went there they had fantastic Karoaki, we're are talking real talent getting up there, and it was great.

I'm so glad you got out into the world - it's a lot of fun isn't it?

Patty
10-04-2007, 08:13 PM
I am so glad that you got out for the first time!!!!!!!!!
It is the hardest and now you go girl and have a ball. :love:

Dusty
10-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Good for you girl!!someday soon I will enjoy that feeling I do hope!

MFStoo
10-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Kimberly, I told you that I hadn't been to any of those places when I sent you the list :tongueout . It did come highly recommended though..

Looking back on it, I cant believe it took me so long to get up the nerve, to just go out and do it.
The biggest obstacles are definitely in one's own head..

Now I just cant wait to do it again. :thumbup::yahoo:

Gina