PDA

View Full Version : Learn to reach out

Emily Ann Brown
10-05-2007, 07:29 AM
I sometimes review the meeting place area curious if any newbie is looking for a friend.....fun to be a big sister like that. Anyway, couple days ago a sister wanted a couple of new friends to chat with...I replied in a private message....turns out the girl is not only in my state (she didn't give her location) but is maybe 40 miles away from me at most.

Anybody else got some great stories about finding a sister nearby by accident?

Emily Ann

Wenda
10-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Closest so far is 2 hours, which is pretty close here.

christid66
10-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Emily,
I have only been on here less than a week and had the usual warm welcome from many girls. I replied with 'Thank You's' to all of them and struck up correspondence with several girls. It now turns out that one girl lives in the same town...and if the place that she suggested meeting (we've arranged to meet next week) is any indication, she may live only a few blocks away!

JoAnnDallas
10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
I was on another forum the other day, looking at the newbie section, when I spotted a newbie that said she just move to the DFW area. So I PMed her and found out she lives in Frisco, which is a little North of where I live. We exchanged cell numbers and I gave her cell number to one of the officers in my Tri-Ess group, so she could get a telephone interview and invite to the meeting this Saturday evening.

Maddie
10-05-2007, 02:17 PM
several years ago i was on yahoo chatting and found a sister just arrounfdthe corner also i knwe this person before they started to transition

talk of small world

Maddie

nikki_t
10-05-2007, 03:09 PM
nikki_t.........If your in the DFW area, we have a Tri-Ess group. Same goes for Houston, San Antonio, and Austin.

Thanks JoAnn. Do they have a web site? I'm in the San Antonio area. I'm just looking for 1 or 2 to party & go clubbing with every now and then.
I'm pretty shy at first so I might be a bit intimidated going to some meeting by myself with tons of people there.
:hiding:

noname
10-05-2007, 03:47 PM
I know there are others here in my town, seen their location on the boards here. But meet in person, I'm a bit leery about that.

Jodi
10-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Abut 5 yars ago, I discovered another girl that lives just across town from me. She had been dressing privately for years and wanted companionship. I tried reaching out, but found that she was a sincere, practicing alcoholic. I could not tolerate the consistent heavy drinking. So, I backed out real fast.

Jodi

jennifer41356
10-05-2007, 09:24 PM
My best friend lives about 2 miles away, we met 15yrs ago at the local Dallas Cd club, been hanging out weekly since 1995.she is living fulltime as a gal now
Jennifer:love:

charlie-50
10-05-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm having trouble finding anyone to hang out with and I live in a big city. :cry:

there is lots of us out here nikki...the problem is not every one is into the same things you are...i mean clubbing sounds like fun ,but i only dress at home so it counts me out...charlie...:hugs:

Joy Carter
10-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I've talked to allot of girls here. But most are in the closet. :(

BarbaraTalbot
10-05-2007, 11:40 PM
I forgot but a little sister of sorts contacted me a couple of months ago, and we went back and forth in PM's for a while, and I think we lost touch..I should try to reconnect. I still have the tri-ess paperwork (seems odd to apply to wear a dress,..) lying around and havent connected there for lack of an outbound fax (I use efax for inbound)...

This may seem unimportant, but it concerns me now that you mention it because I have always had loner tendencies. Since there are few patrons with hermitage's on the grounds, I should be more social.

My best friend is also a hermit but in the Aussie outback. He gets stateside every couple of years, and I miss connecting with him every other time.

Since this newly born Barbara persona seems so much more gregarious (OK just plain chatty) than my male side I would have thought she would maybe connect with people more.

docrobbysherry
10-06-2007, 12:09 AM
As Sherry, I'm just chatting away in the CD forums. Way different from my quiet, loner Robert. Yes, I'm just jabbering on and on, on the net, FROM INSIDE MY CLOSET! No, I'm NOT coming out! U can't make me!
RS

I forgot but a little sister of sorts contacted me a couple of months ago, and we went back and forth in PM's for a while, and I think we lost touch..I should try to reconnect. I still have the tri-ess paperwork (seems odd to apply to wear a dress,..) lying around and havent connected there for lack of an outbound fax (I use efax for inbound)...

This may seem unimportant, but it concerns me now that you mention it because I have always had loner tendencies. Since there are few patrons with hermitage's on the grounds, I should be more social.

My best friend is also a hermit but in the Aussie outback. He gets stateside every couple of years, and I miss connecting with him every other time.

Since this newly born Barbara persona seems so much more gregarious (OK just plain chatty) than my male side I would have thought she would maybe connect with people more.

angelfire
10-06-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm in Ottawa, and I know there are a number of sisters also here. Its a shame I'm not out & about, because if I were, I'd love to meet up with the girls around here.

Tina Dixon
10-06-2007, 12:32 PM
There's a few very close to me in the area now just getting together is the hard part.

nikki_t
10-06-2007, 05:22 PM
there is lots of us out here nikki...the problem is not every one is into the same things you are...i mean clubbing sounds like fun ,but i only dress at home so it counts me out...charlie...:hugs:

True... but if they're deeply closeted or just don't feel comfortable outside en femme then I still don't mind hanging out with people if they're in drab.