PDA

View Full Version : How bold are you?

noname
10-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I haven't been able to be myself much as I'm working 12 and 14 hr days everyday. So today I went to get coffee before work, when I opened my wallet I though, whoa my paycheck, I need to deposit that. So I went to the bank and deposited my check. All went well, treated totally normal. As for coffee, got a few stares, ironically by women wearing pants, grrrr.... hypocrisy, can you feel the love?

So how open are you? Any plans to be more open? And no, it's not as scarry as you might think.

Jenna_whalen
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
If I can get i a group of girlsfriends. I would go out dressed, but by myself I was afraid to post pictures on this site. But I hope to edvantully brake and go out dressed. I go to al of the trouble to shave and dresses up and do my makeup and all of that fun stuff. to lay around in my room and take pictures then hide it all and do it again the next day.:hugs:

Veronica 1
10-05-2007, 05:41 PM
How bold am I? That depends on how many beer I have had. :D

vikki2020
10-05-2007, 06:02 PM
when I do get the chance to go out, I start to feel pretty comfortable after an hour or two.I have been shopping at stores that are near my house, with the chance of running into someone who might recognize me.I've thought about this, and if it happens,I think I'll be OK with it. Sometimes I think I might be trying to get caught, who knows? I think that I would like to see if someone I know would even know thats its me.But yes, I get a little bolder with each time out!:happy:

Jodi
10-05-2007, 06:03 PM
If I can get i a group of girlsfriends. I would go out dressed, but by myself I was afraid to post pictures on this site. But I hope to edvantully brake and go out dressed. I go to al of the trouble to shave and dresses up and do my makeup and all of that fun stuff. to lay around in my room and take pictures then hide it all and do it again the next day.:hugs:

Jenna, Just a word of advice on going out with a group of cd's. With each cd you add to the group, the chances of being read and outted increase significantly. When I go out to dinner or to a show with other cd's, the limit is three, no more than that. Usually it is just two of us. With the two of us, we never have a problem

An example to give is--Last year at Erie Gala, my friend Laura and I went to our favorite Italian restaurant. We have never had a problem there. We came back to the hotel telling about the nice time we had. The next night 10 girls decided they would go to the same restaurant in a group. Their experience was a nightmare. Not only were they all read, but they were heckled by other people in the restaurant. If you go out to a restaurant, keep it to a very small group--three at max. Now going to a tranny bar is different.

When you said girls, you might have meant gg's. I have several gg friends that I routinely go out with for dinner or to a movie. When with gg's, your chances of being read are nil.

Jodi

Jodi

Phoebe Reece
10-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Everyone's experience in going out in groups is going to be different. Yes, when there is more than one CD, being read is almost a certainty. That can be a positive experience if you handle it the right way. My local Tri-Ess chapter goes out to at least two different "straight" restaurants every month. Our group size is usually between 12 and 20. We have never been "heckled" by anyone. After all, most people would not think it very smart to try and pick a fight with a dozen guys that are over 6' - even if the guys are wearing dresses. We get some smiles and the occasional snicker. Sometimes people come up and talk to us and ask what is going on. Sometimes people want their pictures taken with us. We take pride in our appearance, and while we may be dressed up a bit more than the average woman, we often get compliments on our presentation. We actually have a lot more fun because we are read as CD's.

sissystephanie
10-05-2007, 09:29 PM
As I mentioned on other threads, I routinely go out to shop or eat dressed totally enfemme. The major difference between what I do, and what most of the rest of you ladies do, is that I do not use makeup or wear a wig. In other words, I look like, and am, a man in women's clothing!

Sure I get some "looks" and maybe an occasional snicker or laugh, but do I care? No, I do not! I am who I am and that is all that matters to me. I use the men's room if I need to, and of course use a stall.

It may seem to be bold, but really it is a matter of being confident with who you are, and knowing where you are! I would never go into my own bank that way, because all the people in there know me. But I do go shopping in major malls, and eat in nice restaurants. Sometimes I even get compliments on my outfit, or shoes, from the waitress.:happy: Once even from a waiter!!:heehee:

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

tall sam
10-05-2007, 09:52 PM
I wish I was bolder. Only been out once and that was in a very CD freindly city far away from home and with a few other girls. Was nervous as hell but enjoyed the eveing kind-of although I never quite got the really feminine feeling I was hoping for!

Mitch23
10-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I stay away from my small home town but am happy to go en femme anywhere, any place, any time. I agree with what has been said about the size of the group. on my own i don't get any reaction unless face to face and then always positive from SAs. When in threes, tend to get much more reaction and comment. Not done a really large group yet but will do in 2 weeks time when 30 will go out to dine and club.

Just confidence I guess and that only comes with practice

Mitch

docrobbysherry
10-06-2007, 11:03 AM
My whole point of dressing, is to please myself and take pics. U will get better pics if u use the timer on your camera. Also, a tripod, if u have one.
( really not necessary). I use a tripod and take digital movies of myself. Easy to film, and easy to edit. I just pick out the still frames I like best. My pics look a little different for that reason. See them at: myspace.com/robertsherry
RS

joann07
10-06-2007, 11:33 AM
I am very comfortable going out as a woman and I blend in very well.
I've gone to many places by myself, including CVS Pharmacy, various chain and non-chain restaurants, Target, the Malls, the bank, the post office, just to list a few. I just added flying as a female (see link A flight to remember (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68118)) to my list of bold new things I've done and what a wonderful experience it was.
That has to rank up there as one of my greatest highlights of the year.
Right up there with going to the Southern Comfort Conference (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67215) as well as going out my first time.
I know there are many more things to do and experience so the sky's the limit. :)

Hugs!

angelfire
10-06-2007, 11:54 AM
My local Tri-Ess chapter goes out to at least two different "straight" restaurants every month.

I never knew restaurants actually made the distinction between being straight or gay. I always thought when you are hungry, you go, order some food, get it and eat it, regardless of your gender or orientation.

A bar is different, but I always thought a restaurant was just a restaurant.

Marcie Sexton
10-06-2007, 12:16 PM
My not be scarey for those who live in an area where they can get lost in every day li8fe, but for those of us wholive in an area with a population of less than 500, where every one knows everyone, it is very scarey...you must pick and choose your outings...

Kari Lynn Franks
10-06-2007, 04:44 PM
bold I dont think I dont think that is the right term i just call it confident the wife and I just got home from garage sales we went to quite a few of them i didnt put on any makeup i wore a short kaky pleated skirt with a pink and black striped shirt. sre i got some strange looks and doubletakes mainly from g.g.s but if youre confident in your self you can hold your head high and it wont bother you what they think I just dont care what they think.its how i feel inside that counts

huggs Carrie

trannie T
10-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I've gone out twice in my small town, both times on Halloween. I was recognized both times and people mentioned it to me for months afterwards. I enjoyed the experience and can't wait for Halloween this year.

Victoria Anne
10-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm with Carrie on this I am not sure that bold is the term but rather self acceptance , confidence . I recently decided to just be myself and enjoy who I am , in fact today I called home to tell my wife that despite the fact I knew I would get checked out at the port of entry in CA and quite possible the police at the scale I said the heck with it and did not change my clothes or take of my wig an forms. So with no make up I went on and did not get a second look , well the border patrol did look twice but said nothing and when I got to the truck stop I was nervous but day light or no I pulled in and was watched as I backed into a space but you know what ? know one cared and I enjoyed being me. Sorry for the long reply but just be yourself and enjoy it.

Sallee
10-06-2007, 08:33 PM
I can get pretty bold some times I have been to the mall of course, movies, and strolled down town lots. I actually got my toes painted and a pedicure in drab last week it was a kick and I have been showing off my toes all week. Jus telling people that my wife got me a pedicure which is true and I decided to get my toes painted too. Love it:heehee:

Karren H
10-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm as comfortable out enfemme as I am in male mode... Bold / brave or stupid??? Haven't figured out which one.. Lol But I don't put myself at risik unnessecarily.. I do chose my venues carefully...

K

janet1234
10-06-2007, 09:09 PM
you make up real nice.

jaina
10-06-2007, 11:49 PM
I never knew restaurants actually made the distinction between being straight or gay. I always thought when you are hungry, you go, order some food, get it and eat it, regardless of your gender or orientation.

You're right, but Tri-Ess is a very homophobic organization and puts the word "straight" in front of everything they do.

Billijo49504
10-07-2007, 12:21 AM
I agree with Karren, one must be brave, but not stupid. Choose where you are going dressed carefully. So to all the gurls out there, please be careful. We all want to keep you around...BJ

Phoebe Reece
10-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Angelfire:

A bar is different, but I always thought a restaurant was just a restaurant.
Believe it or not, in Atlanta there are a number of restaurants in which a majority of those dining there are gay or lesbian, just the same as there are bars that have that kind of clientele distinction. Many in the TG community seek out the gay restaurants and bars thinking that they are more "safe" there than a restaurant or bar that does not have that distinction. My point was simply that my group has an expanded horizon and we go anywhere - be it a predominantly gay or non-gay place.

On Saturday night, a CD friend and I went shopping together (both of us dressed femme, of course) in a large suburban mall, had supper at a nearby diner (with local police eating in the next booth), and then hung out with other CD friends (that are gay, straight, bi, or whatever) at a mainly lesbian bar. We had a good time at all those places.

Homophobic???.....

CDBarbie
10-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Bold, Yes, Very, but out of respect for my wife and her wishes I do not go out in public totally dressed. I have shopped en femme, jeans and heels and light make-up, and once in a while I will wear a femme top and very light make-up. I have on the other hand been out shopping with the wife while en femme. We never go where we would be likely to run into anyone we know. It does feel really great to be out though, especially with heels or nice femme shoes. BTW, I have never had a second look, or at least I have never had even the slightest issue while out.

Joy Carter
10-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Bold ? Naw just not afraid to be me. I have been out several times and have driven on two trips dressed. I'll admit though I'm a little apprehensive to buy a bra, face to face with a GG. Oh and I don't do my own town out of respect to my family.