PDA

View Full Version : breast forms

Jilmac
10-05-2007, 04:01 PM
i've been dressing over 40 years and never had breast forms til now. i've always used some sort of artificial pdding to fill my bra, but now i can have the look and feel of breasts (along with the bounce and jiggle). mine came with tape, and skin tack wipes which are supposed to re activate the stickum for subsequent use. i've done it according to instructions, even emailed the store, they sent some tips, but unless i use a new tape each time, the forms come loose. i'm hoping some of you girls out there can give me some tips on how to make them stay put until i'm ready to remove them.. is there a glue that i can use, that can be easily removed? also can the glue and tapes be removed from the forms without damaging the forms? i'm anxious to know, my bra is hanging loose.

unclejoann
10-06-2007, 08:07 AM
The suggestion from the PALS manufacturer was to use heavy duty hair spray ... I tried it and it sort of works, probably would work better on lighter forms. I tried a tube of medical adhesive and it worked better but very difficult to remove both from me and the forms. I have not yet tried spray medical adhesive, it will probably be better than what I have tried so far.

Basically, I love the forms.

Charolette time
10-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Glamour Boutique in Auburn Massachusetts carrys an adhesive made for breast forms, check there web site, Glamoure Boutique, great cd store, Charolette

docrobbysherry
10-06-2007, 10:54 AM
I use the sprayon adhesive when a need to wear my forms and can't wear a bra. Like with swim suits, or see thru tops. It seems to work fine, unless I perspire too much. They have loosened a little, but never completely. I have found I can clean the dried spray off my forms and myself with paint thinner. Much cheaper than the special remover U R supposed to use. The down side to that is, the paint thinner smell. I always jump rite into the shower and run my forms thru the dishwasher rite after using the thinner. After 24 hrs., there seems to be no residual odor. I havent' tried the spray to hold on my new #13 breasts! THAT will be the ultimate test!
QUOTE=unclejoann;1032626]The suggestion from the PALS manufacturer was to use heavy duty hair spray ... I tried it and it sort of works, probably would work better on lighter forms. I tried a tube of medical adhesive and it worked better but very difficult to remove both from me and the forms. I have not yet tried spray medical adhesive, it will probably be better than what I have tried so far.

Basically, I love the forms.[/QUOTE]

Dawn
10-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi Jill!
OK....here's what you do. Find the Hollister 7730 medical adhesive spray which is sold at alot of sites on the web. I get mine at AllegroMedical.com. They seem to have it the cheapest. Also buy some Uni-Solve adhesive remover. The Hollister adhesive will allow you to glue your forms to your chest which is better then the tapes! If you don't believe me...check out my pic below. The Uni-Solve remover works great at removing the old glue off your forms when your done wearing them.

If you have any other questions, PM me.

:hugs: Dawn

CourtneyinTaylor
10-06-2007, 08:07 PM
I use a medical adhesive and a remover that i got from the store i got my forms from the remover was only like 9 bucks.