PDA

View Full Version : He laughed

Veronica 1
10-06-2007, 04:20 AM
It is 3 AM and I just went for a walk around the block. On my way, there was a guy sitting on his porch and as I walked by I heard him start laughing. Now I could have run after being obviously made but I chose to just keep my normal strut and just ignore him. I am glad that I gave him the pleasure and can only hope that I made his night for him. I mean really, the nerve of some people, laughing at a lady!

kay_jessica
10-06-2007, 04:37 AM
It is 3 AM and I just went for a walk around the block. On my way, there was a guy sitting on his porch and as I walked by I heard him start laughing. Now I could have run after being obviously made but I chose to just keep my normal strut and just ignore him. I am glad that I gave him the pleasure and can only hope that I made his night for him. I mean really, the nerve of some people, laughing at a lady!

Unless you have outstandingly bright street lighting and his porch butted right up against the pavement (sidewalk) then it is unlikely he was laughing at you. It is very hard to tell what gender a person is from more than a couple of car lengths in artificial street lighting. One uses other clues to determine gender, like long hair, clipping heels, skirted legs etc. So if you were dressed femme and had even half decent makeup and femme hair there is no way he could tell you were a bloke, not at 3 am. Off course I'm assuming you presented completely as a female ad did not have any overt male identifiers.

It is more likely a coincidence that he was laughing at a private thought or maybe he was listening to a radio commedy via an earphone.

Mitch23
10-06-2007, 06:25 AM
I often used to think people were laughing at me but as my confidence grew, i realised they probably were not. If he was, it probably made his night.

mitch

SANDRA MICHELLE
10-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Sure hope you live in a safe town to be walking around the streets at 3:00 a.m. When I get the urge to go for a walk I go to the Walmart that is open 24/7 and do some shopping. Very safe and you kill two birds with one pair of heels,ha,ha
Any ways you handled the situation just fine by not giving him the time of day, you just never know what can happen at 3:00 a.m. and maybe he wasn't even laughing at you.

Kris
10-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Hi ~

I just wanted to say.. that I think that most you ladies are pretty paranoid about being made and it seems like you think people are laughing at you a lot and I don't think they are. I don't know of course because I am not there but not everything in the world is about you, and your paranoia.

I am sure that many times, people are laughing about other things, or at least I would hope so.

Once more, I don't know, I am not there.

:hugs: Kris

Veronica 1
10-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Yes, it is possible that he was not laughing at me but you know how our insecurities work on our minds. I was wearing my wig, girl jeans, heels and a pink coat with my purse so in the dark I would look like a female. I know that I have a good girly walk as I have been approached from behind a few times, to their dismay so maybe it was not directed at me but as I said, our minds always seem to take it personal, even if it is not.
Edit: Yes Kris, we are paranoid and will be until the world becomes more understanding of transgendered issues. Gays can go into a bar and drink, we can go into a bar and get beat up. Where is the justice.

Kris
10-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Edit: Yes Kris, we are paranoid and will be until the world becomes more understanding of transgendered issues. Gays can go into a bar and drink, we can go into a bar and get beat up. Where is the justice.

This is why I think your paranoia is GOOD because it is a survival skill that keeps you on your toes. I didn't mean to say it's a bad thing..... but sometimes I giggle at how paranoid you ladies seem to get at times.

There is no justice in the fact that you take your lives into your own hands at times when you go out. But.. there IS hope. I have had influence on 7 childrens lives, and all of them are excepting. One day, one day my friend..

jaina
10-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Whether he was laughing at you or not you handled it well.
3:00am is way to early to go for a walk. I did go to the pharmacy at 2:00am last week for allergy meds and though that was way too late :)

Kris
10-06-2007, 11:40 AM
3:00am is way to early to go for a walk. I did go to the pharmacy at 2:00am last week for allergy meds and though that was way too late :)

Wow, I just have to say this sounds like victim blaming. You have the right to be out at ANYTIME... and don't deserve to be treated poorly... no matter if it's too early or too late.

jaina
10-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Wow, I just have to say this sounds like victim blaming. You have the right to be out at ANYTIME... and don't deserve to be treated poorly... no matter if it's too early or too late.

Could you explain how you came to that conclusion?

Kris
10-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Could you explain how you came to that conclusion?

Because you said it's too early for going for going for a walk. That is a judgment, not a fact. It's not a supportive judgment. And who's to say what too early or too late anytime is to do anything.

It implies that if something was to go wrong, it would be her fault for being out too early.

Veronica 1
10-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, in her defense, I would agree that 3AM could be bad timing as that is when all the bars in town have to shut down but I live in a quiet residential part of the city and it is safe to go walking in the wee hours.

Jaydee
10-06-2007, 03:09 PM
"Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean that they are not out to get you." :2c:

Jaydee

Kris
10-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Well, in her defense, I would agree that 3AM could be bad timing as that is when all the bars in town have to shut down but I live in a quiet residential part of the city and it is safe to go walking in the wee hours.

Ronni,

I understand sort of what you and Jaina are saying. BUT..... I will not ever think that if you wore the wrong skirt, or it was too late to be out, or you were in the wrong neighborhood, makes it acceptable for violence to occur. I don't care what you've done.. .. no one wears a sign that says hurt me.

This could turn into a HUGE debate and I don't have the energy right now.. but I will always confront victim blaming. I hope that you can respect this because .. what if that guy decided to rape you....... would it then be your fault for being out too late? Victims get blamed ALL the time and I think it stinks.

jaina
10-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Because you said it's too early for going for going for a walk. That is a judgment, not a fact. It's not a supportive judgment. And who's to say what too early or too late anytime is to do anything.

It implies that if something was to go wrong, it would be her fault for being out too early.

WOW, you read alot into that.
LRN2 smiley.

trannie T
10-06-2007, 03:46 PM
A guy sitting on his porch at 3 am may well be drunk or crazy. He could have been laughing at what one of the voices in his head said.

Kris
10-06-2007, 04:00 PM
WOW, you read alot into that.
LRN2 smiley.

Yes, but that attitude is how it starts and is perpetuated.

What is LRN2 smiley ?

noname
10-06-2007, 04:14 PM
what are you doing going for walks at 3 am?

Lisa Golightly
10-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Was he cute?

Kris
10-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Was he cute?

I just had to say, this made me giggle!:heehee:

Kris

Sallee
10-06-2007, 08:45 PM
at 3 AM he was just laughing not a you just laughing He probably didn't even know at what..:heehee: